shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are waiting on your custom design to come in...

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, see that they may come soon. My CADs are in this thread "Sent Off Early Modern Brilliant to Single Stone" if you missed it.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
So happy to see that many of us are in the same boat! Backwardsandinheels, I am totally going to check out that new emerald cut in SMTB now haha.

Just have to be patient. Whoosh...

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
I just got an invoice from Leon's assistant Rachel. When I asked her if she knows when the ring will be ready, she said it should be sometime next week!!! That is 2 weeks earlier than I thought! Could this be real? omG!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
That's great! I met with Leon a couple of years ago, but wasn't sure what I wanted yet other than an Asscher. He had a stone for $17000 that was around 2 carat but looked small to me-you know Asschers and face up size. I ended up with a late OEC with big facets (for a good price) that I can see well compared to splintery looking rounds, so that appealed to my eyes. Didn't mean to be a size ho but once you get to see 8mm + on.... :twisted: So, now I'm waiting on Single Stone as of yesterday-let the work begin! I would love one antique Asscher before they put me in the ground.

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Yeah asschers do face up small. I guess that's what I have to give up (size) because I just love the cut so much. =) As soon as I get it, I will post in SMTB. Can't wait to see yours, and others' who are waiting for theirs too!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
If you would have told me years ago that 2 carat stones look small blah, blah, blah I would have thought you are nutty ;-) Your stone looks great, at least you can see it on the website.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Still waiting on my ring........ oh my gosh!!!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Me too! How much longer do you have to wait kathness?

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, ten days and waiting. I'm excited to see yours kathness and lunemo. I am so curious how it's going but I haven't called or anything. You?

kathness

Shiny_Rock
SK said he can only provide a define time 3-4 weeks on the mak!ing journey.

today is the first week... so 2 more weeks until i can ask when it will be completed....

cant wait to see your ring ladies!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but ladies- I think I have you all beat for the waiting game! I first started talking with Mike R and RDG last summer knowing it would be about a year before he could get to my project. My pink diamond was sent to New Zealand last November- but my ring is now almost finished!!!!! Yay!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Less than 2 weeks to completion-although I won't be picking it up until we meet in Las Vegas around JCK time. A looooong wait- but soooooooo totally worth it!! I'm incredibly excited about the whole experience with RDG and Ken and Mike and really can't say enough good things about them!!

Can't wait to see all your beauties,too!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1366291287|3429696 said:
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but ladies- I think I have you all beat for the waiting game! I first started talking with Mike R and RDG last summer knowing it would be about a year before he could get to my project. My pink diamond was sent to New Zealand last November- but my ring is now almost finished!!!!! Yay!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Less than 2 weeks to completion-although I won't be picking it up until we meet in Las Vegas around JCK time. A looooong wait- but soooooooo totally worth it!! I'm incredibly excited about the whole experience with RDG and Ken and Mike and really can't say enough good things about them!!

You and me both now - Mike will have quite the welcoming committee :bigsmile:

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait to see everyone's lovelies!! I already made the final payment and should hear any day now. Can't wait!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1366297985|3429770 said:
pinkjewel|1366291287|3429696 said:

You and me both now - Mike will have quite the welcoming committee :bigsmile:

Yes- we'll both be watching the clock!! Sending you an email =)

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody want to show any inspiration or runner up choices?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's not custom but now I'm officially waiting on two rings! DH just okay'd WF's Annette eternity w/ 15pointers :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm waiting for my custom earrings.
This is all I have to go on for now... I'm super super excited!!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1366333368.jpg

trundlebunny

Rough_Rock
Oooh, I'll play!

I'm actually waiting on 3 creations, all from Steven Kirsch and it's KILLING me! 2 were intentional / planned and the 3rd was a sort of "accident" (I fully blame PS for that one).

Ring 1 - 1.38 K VVS asscher from GOG which is being set in in that long standing PS classic - the 'Lovey' halo (see below). The stone was one of 3 that Jonathan brought in for BeeCushion - I stumbled accross the video on youtube and absolutley fell in love. It just 'spoke' to me :love: Add to that the fact that I've wanted a step cut of some desciption for years and have coveted Lovey's setting since I frist came accross PS 5 years ago - and you have your "accident waiting to happen". I know a K asscher won't be to everyone's taste but I'm really excited about seeing the contrast of the creamy colour and the white pave.

Ring 2 - 1.20 G SI2 AVC from GOG being set in a classic HW style halo but with a split shank which will be modeled on Charmypoo's Leon ring.
I've also wanted a AVC for years and this is the stone that started the whole GOG / SK journey. It's taken me an eternity to decide how to set the stone, especialy when I decided I was grabbing the 1.38 asscher too as I didn't want the two rings to be too similar (both will be RHRs). I still find myself looking at other designs and have come quite close to emailing SK with changes sooooo many times!

Ring 3 - 1.61 H SI2 RB, also from GOG being set in a 4 prong Tiffany-esque setting but with double claw prongs and a rounded shank. Steven sent me the picture below which is what he's basing it on (but without pave and with the prongs splitting at the ends into double prongs).
This is an upgrade to my ER. I hadn't intended to upgrade this early in the year (was planning to wait until Christmas) but this one came up on the GOG website and seemed like a great buy. It's a SI2 but the inclusions are all twining wisps and both Jonathan and David say its very eyeclean. The best part is it looks like GIA had a bit of an off day on the colour front. GOG ran it through the Colorimeter several times and it came out as a solid / high G on each occasion - it wasn't even vaguely towards an H (they look loads of pics for me and also ran a number of other GIA stones through it all of which came out bang on their graded colour).

I''ve only just finished sorting out the detials so it's likely top be another 4-6 weeks beofre they're complete. Arrrrrrrrrgh!!

image6.png

Attachments

• image1.bmp
    669.5 KB · Views: 507

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow trundlebunny! As an asscher lover, I can't wait to see ring #1 when it is done! Your other 2 rings sound very pretty too!

YT, what are your earrings going to look like?

Mine will be just a simple asscher solitaire so... not really all that custom. 8)

D

Deactivated member 42515

Something like this. It's not the final design. We tweaked it a bit. This was the first design. :)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1366385045.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Wow :twirl: that is quite a lot to look forward to! And I saw the Lovey too, but didn't have the stone in hand. Can I live vicariously through you?

YT So pretty !!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1366330368|3430126 said:
Well, it's not custom but now I'm officially waiting on two rings! DH just okay'd WF's Annette eternity w/ 15pointers :bigsmile:

:lol: I JUST sent you an email about my own eternity!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
yssie said:
So exciting!!! Will this be a wedding band or RHR or alternate ering?

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm waiting for my project from Leon too. Have made the final payment and hope to have it by 3 May! I have no pictures, nothing so waiting is pretty torturous. Lunemo - when did you place your order?

I try not to think about it too much!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty YT! Can't wait to see it when it is done.

Pixgirl, we are in the same no-picture-super-torturous boat! I placed my order on March 19, hope to have it by April 30 (6 weeks). It is hard to not think about it. What about you? What did you order?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1366391984|3430536 said:
yssie said:
So exciting!!! Will this be a wedding band or RHR or alternate ering?

Thanks Rose!! I'm super excited.
My wedding band is a plain 2mm band ::) This is more of a "just because" ring, 'cause DH is awesome! My DBL trellis stays on my left hand and RDG is making me a RHR/alternate Ering.

And then I'm ALL DONE.
::she said oh-so-decisively...::

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi lunemo, I visited leon of 12 March and ordered r4432 - a 2 ct. cushion with the french cut sides. Hoping to receive it before I leave for a month on May 5th. Not having any pictures has been torture. What did you order? I know you have an Ascher center stone, but what is the setting?

I can't wait to see your new ring and to receive mine. We'll have to compare photos.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello to all!

I am waiting on my first ever custom ring....so nervous... It's this little band from Diamond Zone in Rose Gold...http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com/nouveau-vintage-gold-diamond-filigree-band-estate-ring.html
(I'm a newb and don't know how to add pictures, yet)

And isn't it crazy how one push of the "Buy Now" button leads to another...http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/0.60-carat-e-color-si1-clarity-sku-178659

...and another...http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/engagement-rings/solitaire/14k-white-gold-3.3mm-cross-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-421 The setting is also in Rose Gold...

...yeah I'm on a RG kick...LOL!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
pixgirl|1366426088|3430904 said:
Hi lunemo, I visited leon of 12 March and ordered r4432 - a 2 ct. cushion with the french cut sides. Hoping to receive it before I leave for a month on May 5th. Not having any pictures has been torture. What did you order? I know you have an Ascher center stone, but what is the setting?

I can't wait to see your new ring and to receive mine. We'll have to compare photos.

I ordered a simple delicate solitaire (single claw prongs, set low, no cathedral, octagonal gallery) for my 2 ct. Asscher. I'm excited that we will receive our rings from LM the same week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results