shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are waiting on your custom design to come in...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mommy2BMR - Your CAD looks pretty good! All CADs are a liiiiiiiiiiittle heftier/clunkier than the final product, and I think once all the metal is cut away for the pave yours will be very delicate indeed. I think it looks very similar in proportions to Dougsgirls. Though I would definitely like to see the shank continue underneath the basket, instead of the bottom of the basket just sticking out.

Lissacake - 3-4 more weeks! That would kill me! I hope it's PERFECT when you get it!

Sarahbear - I can't wait to see your three-stone - I am a three-stone junkie!

Packrat - waiting on sketches TOTALLY counts! I hope you'll post them! That's this stone, right? Beautiful, beautiful! Who is setting it?

MyDiamondSparkles - Who are you working with? I would be so frustrated at all those delays!! That would not be okay with me either if I'd requested a specific deadline.

DanielM got back with my updated CADs and they look perfect this time so they've been sent off to casting... the next pictures I get will be of the finished ring! I hope I'll get them sometime next week but it might be two weeks. Eeeeee! The semi-bezel really looks SO much better than the prongs.

icm_fullxfull_0.jpg

icm_fullxfull_1.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Distrats! Really liking the changing to the CADs this time around. I think trillon's are always the hardest to set as it is hard to find a setting that really embraces the shape but you did a great job!

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
Distracts,
I really like the final CAD, I bet you are so excited! Be sure to post the final ring, it's going to be gorgeous.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1357338285|3347535 said:
Distrats! Really liking the changing to the CADs this time around. I think trillon's are always the hardest to set as it is hard to find a setting that really embraces the shape but you did a great job!

Yeah, I like them bezeled in drop pendants or drop earrings, but was having a hard time finding a ring for one I liked. But I really wanted this stone to be in a ring so I could see it all the time! So I just googled "trillion ring" and picked some things I liked and threw them at DanielM and said "but make it more flowy and prettier!" And then in every single message I've sent I've reiterated that I want the stone set as low as possible - I think they may get annoyed with me saying it. :???:

Mommy2BMR|1357350566|3347690 said:
Distracts,
I really like the final CAD, I bet you are so excited! Be sure to post the final ring, it's going to be gorgeous.

I will! I am super-excited about it and really really hope it will be done asap!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have any updates? I'm pretty much holding my breath everytime I see that I have a new email in my inbox. Patience is definitely not my virtue :nono: :mad:

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
I was told 10 days. That, I believe, will be around next Friday. The need for instant gratification is making this very difficult!

flamingoezz

Shiny_Rock
I got my first CAD in about a week. I'm told the edits will take near a week to get (which would be monday).

I thought edits woulds be EASIER.

waiting is definitely tough...thats why i asked for a timeline. otherwise i'd be checking my email every hour

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh well, I think friday is pretty much over with for us on the east coast. I'm guessing I will have to see what happens on monday. :knockout:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think mine will be done either at the end of next week or beginning of the following, if the timeline from my approval of the CAD to the completed product is similar to last time.

Mommy2BMR

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1357945516|3353367 said:
I think mine will be done either at the end of next week or beginning of the following, if the timeline from my approval of the CAD to the completed product is similar to last time.

Looks like we might get ours at the same time! :appl:

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I am getting my grandmother's side baguette diamonds made into a bypass ring.. I commissioned DanielM to do it . I am really excited to be able to wear her lovely diamonds (the center diamond is in my mother's wedding ring).
They are tiny little things, but they're great quality.

gmadiamong.jpg
top_1.jpg
The original 14k white gold ring which was mangled to get all the diamonds out. =(

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agneau|1358032218|3354090 said:
I am getting my grandmother's side baguette diamonds made into a bypass ring.. I commissioned DanielM to do it . I am really excited to be able to wear her lovely diamonds (the center diamond is in my mother's wedding ring).

Oooh, they are really pretty! I would never have thought of making a bypass ring out of those, but it's a good idea. Do you have any inspiration pics or CADs yet?

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1358051917|3354325 said:
Agneau|1358032218|3354090 said:

Oooh, they are really pretty! I would never have thought of making a bypass ring out of those, but it's a good idea. Do you have any inspiration pics or CADs yet?

Nope. I am so antsy! We just got all the details figured out and the "go ahead" a few days ago. We have been talking back and forth since December 11 and it took Daniel a while to look my diamonds over (to figure out the best way to set them) because it was right in the middle of holiday stuff and there were a couple set backs. I am not sure if he will be using CAD... that will be interesting to find out.
Hopefully soon!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1358028388|3354050 said:
eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Done way earlier than I expected!!!!!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/117083340/reserved-for-distracts

il_570xn_9.jpg

Distracts I love that ring! I hope to purchase a tsav or mint garnet as my mothers ring in honor of my sons birthstone. I shied away from trillions because I could only imagine them as pendants. Great design! Very creative. Perhaps a trillion is the way to go :))

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I can play. I just sent my 2.31 L VS2 Early Modern Round Brilliant to Single Stone. It's been in the mail for one day. :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Distracts your new ring is lovely!!! I just love the play on colors with the green stone and rose gold! Beautiful!! :love:

Agn, Ohhhh a by pass ring??! I never would have thought of that for side stone, but it makes so much sense. It will be gorgeous! I can't wait to see finish pictures.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
backwardsandinheels|1358088519|3354492 said:
I can play. I just sent my 2.31 L VS2 Early Modern Round Brilliant to Single Stone. It's been in the mail for one day. :bigsmile:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: a 2.31L RB to SS...be still my heart!!! I can't wait to see THAT FINISHED! What settings ideas are you going for? How long will it take SS to turn it around? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

lookingforsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Distracts, your ring is beautiful. I love, love, love the semi bezel.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I can play,too! Mine is a very long waiting game. Normally I am not a patient person, but this time I knew it would be a long process and decided it would be soooo worth it!! I started my convos with Mike R's dad from RDG last summer and received my watercolor sketch from Mike in October. He will be making a miniature piece of art for me with my little fancy pink diamond. I won't receive it until June and am trying very hard to keep myself super busy until then- but since he'll actually be starting on it fairly soon and will be sending me progress pics- I'm getting super excited :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1358169725|3355126 said:
I can play,too! Mine is a very long waiting game. Normally I am not a patient person, but this time I knew it would be a long process and decided it would be soooo worth it!! I started my convos with Mike R's dad from RDG last summer and received my watercolor sketch from Mike in October. He will be making a miniature piece of art for me with my little fancy pink diamond. I won't receive it until June and am trying very hard to keep myself super busy until then- but since he'll actually be starting on it fairly soon and will be sending me progress pics- I'm getting super excited :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

Wow talk about long term!!! But I guess you can't rush Art...is that Mike R's typically turn around time for something...several months? Regardless I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Congrats!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Since I am a long distance client for SS, I thought I'd let them show me a bunch of things via email since it sounds like their showroom is full of things you don't even know you want. I don't have that big of a finger so, nothing too chunky, too top heavy (spinning), love all the details they are capable of. I've waited this long, I can wait some more. As I say, I am a diamond camel. I can walk through the desert if I can see the diamond mirage in the distance. :sun:

I want to see pink jewel's stone now too. Pink jewel?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the very last wait phase- shipping!

I have a sizeable collection of naked colored stones that I'm gradually finding homes for, and just heard from Daniel M that the next piece is ready!

Two 4.8mm demantoid garnets are now safely housed in a paired bezel necklace, and I reset my tiny diamond studs into baby bezels. The diamonds aren't anything special, but they were a gift. I eventually had to admit to myself that I'd never get rid of them, or replace them with the bezels I really wanted, so voila! compromise.

All I have are vendor pics for now:
babybezelsjfdfd.jpg
dempairhjhkk.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty, wearable, nicely done! :appl: Great green color for Spring.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1358173266|3355151 said:
pinkjewel|1358169725|3355126 said:

Wow talk about long term!!! But I guess you can't rush Art...is that Mike R's typically turn around time for something...several months? Regardless I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Congrats!

Mike is accepting very few if any commissions right now from what I understand. When I contacted them last summer I was told even then, that if they accepted my project it would probably be about a year before completion. To have him make my ring I decided I would be happy to wait. Because I wanted something a little more unusual and artsy- it fit into what Mike wanted to create this year- and besides my general idea of what I wanted- I have given him carte blanche to create it. As it starts to progress this Spring- I will start a thread on it. =)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
backwardsandinheels|1358174616|3355164 said:
Since I am a long distance client for SS, I thought I'd let them show me a bunch of things via email since it sounds like their showroom is full of things you don't even know you want. I don't have that big of a finger so, nothing too chunky, too top heavy (spinning), love all the details they are capable of. I've waited this long, I can wait some more. As I say, I am a diamond camel. I can walk through the desert if I can see the diamond mirage in the distance. :sun:

I want to see pink jewel's stone now too. Pink jewel?

I love Singlestone's designs- can't wait to see your ring as I know it will be beautiful! :love:

I do have a thread on my pink diamond somewhere in the Colored Stone section- I'm not the best on posting links, but if you do a search you can see it. It is only a little fancy purplish pink diamond (.36 ct. if I remember right-LOL), but I loved the cut and color of it. Mike is adding some Argyle pinks into my ring,too.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
EKKKKKKKK MY OMC is done!!! it will be here on Wednesday!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1358193256|3355382 said:
EKKKKKKKK MY OMC is done!!! it will be here on Wednesday!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system.

PICS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results