shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL - Top Three!!!! 5/16/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
been trying for 1hr 29min - only get through once
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve called all 3 of Elliott''s lines several times and I can''t get through. I''ll keep trying until I get through 50 times!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look. I hate to say it, Elliot Fans, ''cause many of you are my bestest PS pals ... but your fella blew it. Big Time. Choked. Meh. Forgettable. And he entirely lacked the joy/spunk/confidence of last week''s performances.

Paula''s choice was the best for him - but even that wasn''t so KNOWN and he just didn''t "bring it". I thought I saw him tearing up -- I think even HE knows.

And I REALLY AM sorry. I HATE Kat. I''d much rather have a TAY TAY - ELLIOTT showdown. And I DO DO DO want nice guys to finish first & second.

But I think his goose is flambe''d.

KAT?? Hideous. I didn''t even like Somewhere Over The Rainbow -- overdone & hokey.

Won''t even rub it in w/my TAY TAY review -- I think you can guess what I thought.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 10:48:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
Look. I hate to say it, Elliot Fans, ''cause many of you are my bestest PS pals ... but your fella blew it. Big Time. Choked. Meh. Forgettable. And he entirely lacked the joy/spunk/confidence of last week''s performances.

Paula''s choice was the best for him - but even that wasn''t so KNOWN and he just didn''t ''bring it''. I thought I saw him tearing up -- I think even HE knows.

And I REALLY AM sorry. I HATE Kat. I''d much rather have a TAY TAY - ELLIOTT showdown. And I DO DO DO want nice guys to finish first & second.

But I think his goose is flambe''d.

KAT?? Hideous. I didn''t even like Somewhere Over The Rainbow -- overdone & hokey.

Won''t even rub it in w/my TAY TAY review -- I think you can guess what I thought.
I agree with everything you said, except Kat did do a great job with Over the rainbow and I don''t even like her. But she nailed that song. Poor Elliott. Wasn''t his night.
39.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, this far in the game, the final 3 have their fans. Whether Elliott did well or not, us "YAMINers" will vote for him like crazy, because let's face it...he might choke every once in awhile, but he's still the best.

ETA: He just finished Journey here on the West Coast. Did anyone see how happy he looked? I think he's just precious.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of Taylor''s songs...and he even made Simon smile and that''s a fricken miracle!

I think Elliott''s nerves got the best of him unfortunately...or the songs weren''t catchy enough? Meh''ish but I want him to stay!

I dislike Conceited Cat intensely and she oversings/overperforms the hell out of everything...so everything she sings just seems like the same song to me! I groaned when I saw her back on the floor tonight and wanted to pull her up by her hair extensions!

My 12 yr old summed it up well tonight when he said he had to run upstairs and get his book so he could have something to do when she sang, while he waited for Taylor to perform!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am still voting as I write this...

Taylor did absolutely terrific! I LOVED his "You are so Beautiful" rendition!

Poor Elliott....not his night...I did like his version of "Open Arms" but it was just good and he had to be great and he just wasn''t...

Just got through again...yeah!

Kat rocked...She performed "Somewhere over the rainbow" with a finesse that is hard to argue over...I mean, Simon was so right on in choosing that song for her.

The lines are busy tonight...that''s a great sign!

Just got through again!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
This far into the competition, you have to be right on ALL the time and unfortunately, Elliott just was not...sad...

Kat''s last song was good, but not catchy enough...nonetheless, love her or hate her, she is going places...with OR without American Idol...
emrose.gif

Taylor is hot...hot...HOT!!! He is fun to watch...fun to hear sing...and enjoyable all the way around....
emhot.gif

I loved Kat''s blue dress and the nice touch of ruby red pumps when she sang "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"...
emrainbow.gif

The guys looked great tonight...
emotion-5.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee Tawn on the wanting to pull Katastrophe up by her "hair extentions". Apparently -- according to a clip on TMZ right now ... that''s not the only "addition" she''s made. In a home video type clip of a theater performance rehersal she''s rolling around on the ground and quips about buying her chesticles for $5,000 each.

Silly girl. Does she not know about DIAMOND STUDS? Also -- Wonder how much her on again/ off again 2 months preggo belly cost her?
11.gif

p.s. -- TAYLOR HICKS for BEST IN SHOW

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
JUST IN...according to Dialidol.com, Taylor and Kat are in the lead with Elliott falling short of enough votes to stay in the competition...but of course, this does not include all of the texting, so that margin could change a bit...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t watched as I just got home but I did managed to call a few times for a few minutes each time while I was out and got through only 2 times for Elliott, all three lines were busy busy busy each time I tried to call. So hopefully that is a good sign.

I also can''t get through to DialIdol....hoping Kat goes and not Ell!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
This is pretty mean, but the only thing I was thinking as Elliott sang "Open Arms" was.... please, please, don''t come to me with an open mouth. He really needs dental work.

Being a Chris fan, I could honestly care less who wins...but I think it''s going to be Twitchy Taylor.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hands down - Elliott can sing. I do think his nerves got him last night. He can rise to the occassion though. We had 3 phones calling each of Elliott''s lines. We got through a rousing & disappointing 4x. But, we were calling from Richmond, VA - his hometown.

Kat did a good job on "Somewhere over the Rainbow" - but who couldn''t with a voice as trained as hers. Come on - I can sing the damn song.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
It's confirmed on the AI website - it's not a belt, not a camisole, it's her midriff

20060511_katharine.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Starset for clearing that mystery up! I nominate Katherine McPhee for "worst wardrobe on AI" this year. I think her stylist should be fired!

ETA: last night was the first night she actually looked ok, except for that black dress for her last song
20.gif
. You couldn't see anything except the skin on her arms, face, and knees--who told her that was a good idea???
14.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Gee, glad it's not just me, I can't stand Kat. I think she is such a phony, yuk. When the judges critique her performance, she is just oh so shocked and appauled that they believe she did not do well. Please, can't stand her.

Let's hope it's Elliott and Taylor..."LOVE THE TAYLOR"!

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
BOOOOO....I missed the show last night!!! Crap.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sad that Simon picked a song for Kat that everyone liked. I thought it was toe-cringing, for me...the arrangement and the "I have no legs" routine and her Veeeery ungraceful hoist up to standing when she was done. Yes, she can sing, but so can parrots and birds. She is like a trained seal...she can do amazing things and sometimes even give you chill bumps when she sounds certain ways (darn you traitorous chill-bumps, coming during performances I don''t like!) but in the end she doesn''t bring something unique to the table. Hello, Milli Vanilli. But I am totally biased, because I don''t like the kind of music that she will eventually release.

And, if you are right Deco, and she/her parents paid to "augment her assets" in her desperate attempt to rise to fame, my respect has plummeted even lower. I''m all for a boob job when you are an adult (lord knows I''d love to wave a magic wand and return mine to their former state three babies later), but my stomach turns at the thought of my kids, watching this G rated "family show", thinking a boob job is a typical prerequisite for an amateur talent competition. Uggggggg.

Here''s to a boy-on-boy finale!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, I voted for Elliott about 50 times. It's so close on DialIdol (which, to my memory, hasn't been correct a lot, has it?) that it could go either way. Kat and Elliott have been my favorites since the beginning, but I'd really, really like to see Elliott stay.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 1:49:15 PM
Author: EBree
Well, I voted for Elliott about 50 times. It''s so close on DialIdol (which, to my memory, hasn''t been correct a lot, has it?) that it could go either way. Kat and Elliott have been my favorites since the beginning, but I''d really, really like to see Elliott stay.

DialIdol did get it right last week with Chris coming in last, if I remember correctly.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Dialidol.com boasts only a 65-85% accuracy rate. They were right on about Chris being voted off but were wrong when the picked Paris to go before Kellie Pickler. They can only track busy signals to get a feel for who''s getting votes but cannot track text message votes.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I personally would LOVE the expression on Kat''s face if she were/is to get voted off!

Unfortunately, not only did many non-Kat-lovers like "over the rainbow," the judges hyped her up. I hated the floor routine (again!) and I hated that she is so Broadway. She over-acts her stupid songs in a very choreographed "look-at-me-I''m-so-cute-and-playful-and-innocently pretty gotta-bat-my-eyelashes" kind of way that makes me ill, ill, ILL. Yuck.

I (sadly) think Elliott wasn''t as good as he should have been, but I am still crossing my fingers for an Elliott/Taylor finale. I got through for Taylor 15 times last night 30 minuted after the show was over -- and I only called 22 times.

talk to you all tonight...
jen

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. Kat''s midriff isn''t that flat --- and where''s her bellybutton? I think it''s pantyhose, seriously.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 4:57:43 PM
Author: sk8rjen
p.s. Kat''s midriff isn''t that flat --- and where''s her bellybutton? I think it''s pantyhose, seriously.
Maybe it was the world''s first intentional Spanx viewing
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katherine is just SO FAKE. I threw up a little in my mouth when she''s all "What?" when the judges hated her first performance. "You''re so TOUGH on me!" - um, THEY''RE JUDGES and YOU SUCK. Do the math.

Can you even IMAGINE Kelly Clarkson or Fantasia or Carrie Underwood pulling that kind of self-indulgent, giggly, "like me or else" whine-fest.

I''d almost rather she let her inner "beeatch" right on OUT. I mean - Mariah may be KRAZZZEEE but she''s more real than KAT. Even CRACK-NEY Ho-ston''s more real.

Aiiicck.

Elliott had a bad night but I SUPER HOPE that DialIdol is wrong and that he''ll be in the FINALS instead.

Elliott is real & likeable (but not a huge range. Showtime At The Apollo is his genre. That''s about it). Would NEVER buy his type of single/CD.

Tay-Tay is real & likeable (albeit goofy sometimes & yes, a weird dancer) BUT I LOVE HIM. WANT HIM TO WIN. WILL BUY HIS CDs and ATTEND HIS CONCERTS.
9.gif

p.s. -- TAYLOR HICKS for BEST DRESSED

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK...not that I much care this season and will be watching America''s Next Top Model...my FAV show!!!....
BUT DID BILLY BUSH ON ACCESS HOLLYWOOD JUST SLIP UP AND SAY THAT ELLIOT IS GOING HOME? How would he know?

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
nu-UH. Did he really?? Oh God I hope not! I don''t have Access Hollywood on, but EXTRA is on in 15 min and E news is on right now so I''m gonna listen....

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 7:02:55 PM

Tay-Tay is real & likeable (albeit goofy sometimes & yes, a weird dancer) BUT I LOVE HIM. WANT HIM TO WIN. WILL BUY HIS CDs and ATTEND HIS CONCERTS.
9.gif

Wait a minute....I''m confused...Deco LIKES Taylor Hicks?

It''s hard to know because you are so subtle and nuanced when stating your opinions...

Hee hee....

9.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 7:02:55 PM
Katherine is just SO FAKE. I threw up a little in my mouth when she''s all ''What?'' when the judges hated her first performance. ''You''re so TOUGH on me!'' - um, THEY''RE JUDGES and YOU SUCK. Do the math.

Can you even IMAGINE Kelly Clarkson or Fantasia or Carrie Underwood pulling that kind of self-indulgent, giggly, ''like me or else'' whine-fest.

I''d almost rather she let her inner ''beeatch'' right on OUT. I mean - Mariah may be KRAZZZEEE but she''s more real than KAT. Even CRACK-NEY Ho-ston''s more real.

Aiiicck.

Elliott had a bad night but I SUPER HOPE that DialIdol is wrong and that he''ll be in the FINALS instead.

Elliott is real & likeable (but not a huge range. Showtime At The Apollo is his genre. That''s about it). Would NEVER buy his type of single/CD.

9.gif

I''ll do more than throw up in my mouth a little if she wins the whole thing!

Taylor makes me smile...but Kat makes me cringe!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
*SPOILER*

weeeeelll looks like dialidol was right.
7.gif

I can''t BELIEVE how close the vote was!!! I thought for sure that Taylor would be further out in front! Hopefully this will scare non-voting Taylor lovers into voting for him next week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results