shape
carat
color
clarity

I only need the slightest encouragement...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A month! Ugghh. :) It''ll be so worth it. Of course, I say that but I wouldn''t be feeling that way if it were me. WAIT - IT IS ME! Yes, I decided to fork over more money than we''d budgeted because I fell in love with a WF expert selection stone and could not live without it. :) So I''m with you Maisie.

So Maisie and I can thank all of you bad influences on us -- upgrades so soon!

I can''t wait to see your ring. :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t take responsibility for my upgrade happening so fast. They all made me do it! *points at everyone*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:36:08 PM
Author: katiedid
A month! Ugghh. :) It''ll be so worth it. Of course, I say that but I wouldn''t be feeling that way if it were me. WAIT - IT IS ME! Yes, I decided to fork over more money than we''d budgeted because I fell in love with a WF expert selection stone and could not live without it. :) So I''m with you Maisie.

So Maisie and I can thank all of you bad influences on us -- upgrades so soon!

I can''t wait to see your ring. :)
Oh good for you!!!! Thats amazingly exciting!!! I wonder who will get their ring first. I don''t mind if its you as long as you post lots of lovely photos!!!
36.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
You''ll forget about the month long wait after you see the Fed-Ex box
21.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think I''m still on track to get mine back next week. I''m keeping my fingers crossed. With the holiday, I''m sure it will slow things down a little. I will absolutely post pics! Matter of fact, I need to post in the SMTR area...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 5:32:01 PM
Author: Maisie
I can''t take responsibility for my upgrade happening so fast. They all made me do it! *points at everyone*
Your nose is growing Maise....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 8:12:46 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/3/2007 5:32:01 PM
I can't take responsibility for my upgrade happening so fast. They all made me do it! *points at everyone*
Lol!!! I admit it - It was all my own work! I even chose it myself without any help.

I have to say I am a little bit confused. I obviously don't know how the HCA thing works properly as I thought that my new diamond being a .6 was better than the old one being 1.4! Somebody has to explain to me the significance lol!! If the new diamond is graded an AGS Ideal 0 cut grade why is it falling outside the white box.

Its a good job you are patient with me isn't it?
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 6:03:52 PM

Lol!!! I admit it - It was all my own work! I even chose it myself without any help.

I have to say I am a little bit confused. I obviously don''t know how the HCA thing works properly as I thought that my new diamond being a .6 was better than the old one being 1.4! Somebody has to explain to me the significance lol!! If the new diamond is graded an AGS Ideal 0 cut grade why is it falling outside the white box.

Its a good job you are patient with me isn''t it?
9.gif
9.gif
And you did a great job!

As for your numbers, I guess they are a hair shallow, but, that IS is to DIE FOR, so dun worry about it!
2.gif

Patience is virtue.
25.gif
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2007 8:48:46 PM

Date: 7/4/2007 6:03:52 PM

I have to say I am a little bit confused. I obviously don''t know how the HCA thing works properly as I thought that my new diamond being a .6 was better than the old one being 1.4! Somebody has to explain to me the significance lol!! If the new diamond is graded an AGS Ideal 0 cut grade why is it falling outside the white box.

Its a good job you are patient with me isn''t it?
9.gif
9.gif
And you did a great job!

As for your numbers, I guess they are a hair shallow, but, that IS is to DIE FOR, so dun worry about it!
2.gif

Patience is virtue.
25.gif
2.gif
Any HCA score between 0 and 2 is a very good score, weeding out the ugly leakers. Most people tend to prefer stones between 1 and 2 because stones between 0 and 1 tend to be a bit shallower, so you will get more head obstruction shadowing than stones that score between 1 and 2. On the plus side, a slightly shallower stone means that it will face up slightly larger.
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Head obstruction? I don''t understand. I wish I had posted the stats on the diamond before I bought it.
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don''t worry, Maisie.
5.gif
I just know it''s a lovely stone. Head obstruction just means that you''ll see more shadowing (a darker looking stone) when you are looking at the ring up very close from the top down. It has nothing to do with the performance of the stone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Chrono. I was getting a bit worried there. I still think that when its time for my next upgrade I should post the stats first
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never hurts to post the stats first. I always enjoy looking for the best stones for a set/limited amount of $. It also means no more secrets from us, okay?
27.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol! I promise - no more secrets - and no more me trying to be clever!!
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
You go girl, you are SO LUCKY your dh lets you do this...mine? Never!

I cannot wait to see your pretty new ring, please post when you get it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, I have a stone that scores .6 on the HCA and people stop me in the street to look at it. Don''t worry--it will be stunning!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie

When you sent your ring back through Fedex, did you get insurance through them as well? I am asking because I remember people in the USA saying Fedex would only insure for customers with a company account, like the vendors on here. Just wondering if it is the same from this side or if you got insurance through another company. I notice you were using Fedex when you said about the guy coming to pick up your ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, you have absolutely nothing to worry about - you picked a cracker of a diamond and it WILL be stunning - just relax and enjoy waiting for it!!!!!!!!! Its an ACA , no way it will be in any way a dud or less than fantabulous!!!! Also some diamonds scoring over 2 can still be corkers, it depends on various things and each diamond needs to be taken on a case by case basis.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie I know you have more important things in your life just now, I was wondering were you able to get insurance through Fedex in the UK. I have emailed them but got no reply yet. If it was not through Fedex I understand if you cannot say who it was through.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Pyramid. Sorry I didn''t see this post till now.

I had a friend arrange to send the parcel for me and I can''t say who it was or how. I know this is a pain when you are trying to sort things out but I promised not to tell anyone
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results