shape
carat
color
clarity

I only need the slightest encouragement...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Glad you took the plunge!!
36.gif
You picked a LOVELY stone....enjoy!! Please post pics of the new rock when you get it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 5:23:37 PM
Author: onedrop
Glad you took the plunge!!
36.gif
You picked a LOVELY stone....enjoy!! Please post pics of the new rock when you get it.
I so will!!! I love taking photos!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh, gorgeous stone!!!! So glad you only have to pay for a new head, that should be pretty affordable! Congratulations on your new upgrade, you better come back with pics!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 6:11:04 PM
Author: kcoursolle
oooooh, gorgeous stone!!!! So glad you only have to pay for a new head, that should be pretty affordable! Congratulations on your new upgrade, you better come back with pics!
I will - I promise
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Yah!!! That was quick; I bet you can''t wait to get your hand on that beauty
31.gif
congrats

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 6:32:28 PM
Author: Skippy123
9.gif
Yah!!! That was quick; I bet you can''t wait to get your hand on that beauty
31.gif
congrats
Well - I had been browsing round all day at the diamonds and once I realised I wasn''t being silly upgrading so quickly I decided to just go for it!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay maisie, i''m late to this thread but you know I would have said to go for it too
3.gif
can''t wait to see the new pics!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 6:34:56 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Yay maisie, i''m late to this thread but you know I would have said to go for it too
3.gif
can''t wait to see the new pics!!!
I surely do! You are a Master Enabler!!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad you decided to. That stone is amazing! Don''t feel bad about upgrading quickly. Within a month of DH getting my ring for me (a surprise) I wanted a larger stone. I haven''t gotten the upgrade yet...We bought this stupid money pit of a house soon after the surprise ring (oops - sorry - feeling bitter today).

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Watch out!!....you''ll give me ideas my BF will not like at all.....
31.gif
11.gif

I am very happy for you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES! It didn''t take much encouragement at all, now did it?! Hahaha...I can''t wait to see your new and improved diamond!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOl! You''ve come to the right place if you want enablement!!! Love the new diamond!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait for handshots! Gosh Maise, I am so happy for you and your new upgrade. DSS sets in sooner than you think and being in PS certainly never help.
10.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Maisie, beautiful choice, can''t wait to see your pics when you get that baby on your hand!!! Congrats!
36.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Maisie
35.gif

Are you getting your own insurance for posting the ring back, I would be interested to hear also how they do the customs thing when the new one comes.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Pricescope - the Enabling Community!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 8:36:44 AM
Author: Pyramid
Congratulations Maisie
35.gif

Are you getting your own insurance for posting the ring back, I would be interested to hear also how they do the customs thing when the new one comes.
Well thats my next challenge. How to send it!!

The customs thing is this. I called their helpline and they told me to use a special code on the parcel. It basically gives me permission to only pay VAT and duty on the difference in the cost of the diamonds. This only works if you are keeping the same ring. If I was to buy a whole new ring I would be charged the full amount.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new diamond looks like it will be BEAUTIFUL in person!! Can''t wait to see the hand shots
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry I didn''t get to vote "Buy it, Buy it" but you decided to go for it without my encouragement. Your new diamond is very, very pretty. I can''t wait to see the finished product. When we were looking at stones for my ering last year we could see a size difference between .50, .51 and .53. It''s amazing.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2007 3:40:03 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 6/30/2007 8:36:44 AM
Author: Pyramid
Congratulations Maisie
35.gif

Well thats my next challenge. How to send it!!

The customs thing is this. I called their helpline and they told me to use a special code on the parcel. It basically gives me permission to only pay VAT and duty on the difference in the cost of the diamonds. This only works if you are keeping the same ring. If I was to buy a whole new ring I would be charged the full amount.
Oh that's good then you have got a code. It doesn't seem right though that you would have to pay the whole amount for a 'new ring', usually the diamond costs much more than the ring, they would know if it was a new ring from the description of the costs probably from the seller. I mean if it is a new ring and a totally whole new diamond then fair enough but if someone has already paid for half the diamond before in another ring it doesn't seem right. If they get the information on a new ring from the details from the seller, you would think they could get the same from the seller if they wrote something to the effect it was a part exchange. There again I remember reading if we import a diamond only we pay 17.5% vat and no customs charge and that the 2.5% customs charge is because the diamond is set in a ring.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I would put "for repair and return" on the airway bill and Value for customs only.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

But, please don''t slip down that darn slope like I''m doing.
9.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Thats beautiful! Love the IS. Woo-hoo, congrats!

a

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Maisie! I can''t wait to see your new stone in a ring and on your finger!! Yay for you!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
That must be one of the quickest upgrades in history. So cute! Congrats on your new bling. I''m all for treating yourself
36.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that''s a really fast upgrade! Congrats! The IS looks SO good!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice folks!
1.gif

I just love the IS picture! Its so juicy looking!!

I have to say I love Celina at Whiteflash! I thought she might be a little bit ''oh no here she comes again'' but she was really excited to speak to me again! She is just as enthusiastic about my upgrade as she was about my original purchase.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie--gorgeous new stone! Good for you girl--you know I love your taste in jewelry! :) I can''t wait to see pics. When will you get it?

I''m still REALLY struggling with the idea of having WF swap out my stone for a bigger one while it''s there being resized. I just don''t know--I knew I wanted to do it, then I talked myself out of it, now I''m thinking about it ... ugghh. I won''t be able to get an ACA and I keep wondering what kind of size upgrade is going to be noticeable. My .80 is 6 mm so it''s a pretty good size for that carat weight. I don''t want to do this unless I can hit the "magic 1 carat" size. The one carat-ish ones I''ve looked at are around 6.3 - 6.5 mm or so. Is it worth it or should I just put the $1000 towards paying off credit cards? I don''t have a TON on the cards, and I only use interest free cards, but still. CAN''T DECIDE!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 8:18:44 PM
Author: katiedid
Maisie--gorgeous new stone! Good for you girl--you know I love your taste in jewelry! :) I can''t wait to see pics. When will you get it?

I''m still REALLY struggling with the idea of having WF swap out my stone for a bigger one while it''s there being resized. I just don''t know--I knew I wanted to do it, then I talked myself out of it, now I''m thinking about it ... ugghh. I won''t be able to get an ACA and I keep wondering what kind of size upgrade is going to be noticeable. My .80 is 6 mm so it''s a pretty good size for that carat weight. I don''t want to do this unless I can hit the ''magic 1 carat'' size. The one carat-ish ones I''ve looked at are around 6.3 - 6.5 mm or so. Is it worth it or should I just put the $1000 towards paying off credit cards? I don''t have a TON on the cards, and I only use interest free cards, but still. CAN''T DECIDE!
If it was me I would just change it - would you be getting an expert selection stone? I have an es diamond and its beautiful and sparkly. The size difference for me is about the same as it would be for you and people here said it will be noticable. However if you plan to upgrade again in the near future I would probably wait and just put the money away until then.
I won''t be upgrading again for a few years so its definitely worth it for me to go that little bit bigger now.

Let me know what you decide!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results