shape
carat
color
clarity

I need a new author!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Good morning ladies--

I am hoping some of you can suggest a new author for me! I am a HUGE Jodi Picoult fan, and I have read everything she has written--including splurging on her newest book in hardback. I also like Nicholas Sparks, Sue Miller, Anita Shreve, and Jacqueline Mitchard. Problem is, I have read ALL their currently published books!! Do any of you know of any other authors out there that have similar writing styles to these other authors? I am desperate for a really great new book. Thanks!
34.gif
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Johanna Lindsey is a great one...just like Anita (I have read her books too) and Jake Halpern is a good read too...

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
I love the J.D. Robb books! There are a lot of books in the serious, it is a good mix between romance and mystery.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you enjoy history, try Phillipa Gregory, "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Constant Princess" are excellent reads.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 12:02:56 PM
Author:hairgirl95
Good morning ladies--

I am hoping some of you can suggest a new author for me! I am a HUGE Jodi Picoult fan, and I have read everything she has written--including splurging on her newest book in hardback. I also like Nicholas Sparks, Sue Miller, Anita Shreve, and Jacqueline Mitchard. Problem is, I have read ALL their currently published books!! Do any of you know of any other authors out there that have similar writing styles to these other authors? I am desperate for a really great new book. Thanks!
34.gif
1.gif
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I also love Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, and although I''ve only read a few of Anita Shreve''s books, I''ve enjoyed them.

Do you like different genres like mystery or chick lit, etc? If so, here are a few other authors worth considering:

Mystery: Sue Grafton, Lisa Scottoline, Janet Evanovich

Chick Lit: Sophie Kinsella, Madeleine Wickham (Sophie Kinsella''s real name), Meg Cabot, Jennifer Weiner, etc. They''re lighthearted and fun reads.

Other: Elizabeth Berg (her writing reminds me of some of the others you''ve listed.)

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve read almost all of Alice Hoffman''s books. A few other authors that I think are worth checking out: Kate Atkinson (I love them all), Sabine Durrant (I especially liked "The Great Indoors")& Rachel Cusk.

Each of these authors deals with matters of the heart in a different way.
34.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
YAY! Thanks to all of you for your GREAT suggestions! I am making my monthly pilgrimage to Borders
31.gif
to find some new reading material!

Alexis--I heard the name Johanna Lindsey mentioned to me before and had forgotten her name. THANKS for posting her name. It was driving me crazy that I couldn''t remember her.

Lorelei--did you like "The Other Boleyn Girl"? I saw it at the bookstore and ALMOST bought it. What did you think?

Zoe--YAY for Jodi huh! I think she is just fabulous! I have had several mention Evanovich to me. I think I need to get one of her books and see what I think.

Westjenn--I have heard of Kate Atkinson before too--never read her work though. Glad you liked all her books. I am going to have to try her too.

Thanks again everyone--I''ll let you know what I pick out!
1.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to Evanovich and try James Patterson-my fave

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For mystery novels, I''d add Tony Hillerman and J.D. Robb. Tony Hillerman''s mysteries are set in the Southwest, in "Indian Country." They follow the same characters through time, so it helps to start at the beginning and read your way through. Two other mystery writers that write in serial style are Marcia Muller and Erlene Fowler. I also really enjoyed Hotel Paradise by Martha Grimes. Her books are somewhat uneven (I should know, I''ve read most of them!) but I liked the offbeat nature of this one.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 12:02:56 PM
Author:hairgirl95
Good morning ladies--

34.gif
1.gif
I am a major Jodi Picault fan too!! Pat conroy''s Beach Music is my favorite book and has been for about 10 years... I also really loved the Time Travellers wife..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth Berg! She''s my favorite.

Read "What We Keep" and "Open House" first. Those are my favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results