shape
carat
color
clarity

I"m going for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love the first east west semi-bezel you posted. In any case, I think it will be gorgeous.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 6:06:49 PM
Author: szh07
I love the first east west semi-bezel you posted. In any case, I think it will be gorgeous.

Thanks! I''m already getting a quote from Julia for the EW semi-bezel (no diamonds though).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is very pretty, can''t wait it set. I don''t see any yellow in the stone at all.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
ooooohhh!!!! I likey this one!
30.gif
Gorgeous tsav MTG! Can''t wait to see how you set it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I heard back from Julia. The price would be the same whether I do the 3-stone, or the simple solitaire EW.
Hmm..decisions decisions!

My concern with diamond side stones would be making the tsav look darker by comparison, although there would be the gold bezel in between.

Thoughts?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
if it were me, which its not but you asked for thoughts, I would probably do the solitaire EW setting, and save the three stone for a different project. I just think that the tsav really calls to be set alone, but i have not seen it in person and do not know what it is ''saying'' to you. can''t wait to see it either way!
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 1:53:49 PM
Author: kas baby
if it were me, which its not but you asked for thoughts, I would probably do the solitaire EW setting, and save the three stone for a different project. I just think that the tsav really calls to be set alone, but i have not seen it in person and do not know what it is ''saying'' to you. can''t wait to see it either way!
2.gif

One of the main reasons I''m thinking a 3 stone is because I have a lot of solitaires, and because this little fella is quite small. But i do agree it''s strong enough to be on it''s own. hmm. Thanks for the input!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a hand shot for perspective, you can see how it''d be fairly small set EW.

mtghandtsav.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
um, drooooool! It looks great on your hand!
30.gif

as for the setting... hrm, I can see what you mean by it being ''dainty'' but for my taste I think I would still go with the solitaire or maybe teeny diamonds on either side, just for added interest on the ring. Just so I can try to see it in my head... what kind of three stone design is it going to be? how big would the diamonds be?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'd probably be small 4mm round diamonds to be similar to the pic below.

I'm in no rush though. I might actually check out some local stores as well for insta-settings, and maybe wait until the gem show that's coming in a month as well.

EWtabz2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm…the blue stone in that setting is darkish too but it looks great in yellow gold with the diamond sidestones so I’m going to say, GO for it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 2:12:53 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
It''d probably be small 4mm round diamonds to be similar to the pic below.

I''m in no rush though. I might actually check out some local stores as well for insta-settings, and maybe wait until the gem show that''s coming in a month as well.

EWtabz2.jpg
I love this setting! I think it would be stunning with a darker green center stone. The open areas above and below the stone (N-S, as it were) would allow light in and give it sparkle.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure what happened but in my reply above I''m pretty sure it was supposed to have the pic of the three stone two tone gold ring in it. I think it would be lovely in that setting!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t turned my back on prong settings either, I might skim through LOGR to see what they have.
I''m also considering a two tone lotus because I love the lotus setting so much!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
MTG - I have a tsav that is a hair smaller than yours and a tad lighter. If you do a partial bezel, make sure she leaves a small gab in the bottom so that light can get in, I have mine in a 4 prong setting, and while it looks great, I would not want it any darker.

On the size, I would advise putting some side stones in if you think it is going to bother you. I have a nice design on my band, but overall, I don''t wear the ring that often because the stone is just too small. If I had it to do over again, I would have made a pendant or done a pronged halo setting to give it more finger coverage.

I can''t wait to see what you end up doing, regardless. I am just trying to pass on the things I learned.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
That setting isn''t speaking to me. The clean lines of the semi-bezel seems like something very classy and looks very expensive compared to the LOGR.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! Popping in to say that I dig your gem.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2009 10:56:00 PM
Author: Harriet
Hey! Popping in to say that I dig your gem.

Aw, thanks Harriet!

I''m going to take it slow with this one, I think I''ll hold off setting it until Christmas so that my new husband has an easy Christmas/Birthday present to get me for our first holiday season as a married couple. (My birthday isn''t on Christmas, but it''s only 15 days after, so we just combine gifts).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results