shape
carat
color
clarity

I"m going for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
nice stone MTG! Can''t wait to see more pics of it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 3:45:33 PM
Author: brandy_z28
36.gif
nice stone MTG! Can''t wait to see more pics of it!

Thanks! I can''t wait to see her either! I named her B.B., in honor of Beulah who I decided to sell (to Glitterata in fact!) since she was too large for me. The sale of that garnet ring will be funding this new garnet ring, which I feel is fitting.
1.gif

If the tsav isn''t too dark, I was thinking something like this:

Ovalyellowgoldmicropave.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this, because I love two-tone :)
(Random aside, I was searching PS for tsav ideas, and it doesn't seem Barry cuts much of it?)

1161.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 10:15:08 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
(Random aside, I was searching PS for tsav ideas, and it doesn''t seem Barry cuts much of it?)
I really like this setting out of the two that you posted. Where did you get it from? It''s bezeled and E/W so cool.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 10:29:17 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

(Random aside, I was searching PS for tsav ideas, and it doesn''t seem Barry cuts much of it?)

I really like this setting out of the two that you posted. Where did you get it from? It''s bezeled and E/W so cool.

I actually don''t remember anymore...I think I just did a google image search.. Hopefully the semi-bezel wouldn''t darken it too much. Anyways, I''m just daydreaming about settings for fun right now, I should really be waiting to see the stone in person (but I"m impatient!)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
(Random aside, I was searching PS for tsav ideas, and it doesn't seem Barry cuts much of it?)
I love this design. And, the nice thing about it is that it can let in light from the sides and bottom, which will help a darker stone be a bit brighter.

ETA- Are you sure that the BB won't be for Barry Bridgestock as well?
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 10:50:11 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I love this design. And, the nice thing about it is that it can let in light from the sides and bottom, which will help a darker stone be a bit brighter.

My only thought against this one is that I have a lot of smaller, sleek rings, and I thought it might be nice to get something a bit more eyecatching with finger coverage. The stone is 6.3x5.3 so not that huge.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one (the semi bezel) a lot too; very sleek, clean and at least open on the sides to lighten the tone a little. The other one is perhaps more romantic and has a old style feel.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don''t know how much a nice delicate halo would cost. If it''s much more expensive maybe I''ll start with the sleeker semi-bezel and then upgrade the setting later
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What about a halo with a little gap between the halo and stone? That would give more finger coverage and allow more light into the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firecracker,
That’s an excellent idea. When I saw that design with the marquise diamond, the wheels started turning in my head and I am considering such a design (halo with a small airline / gap) for my smaller cobalt spinel. The halo and gap will help make it look larger and the slight gap will also allow some light to get through.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:09:32 AM
Author: Chrono
Firecracker,

That’s an excellent idea. When I saw that design with the marquise diamond, the wheels started turning in my head and I am considering such a design (halo with a small airline / gap) for my smaller cobalt spinel. The halo and gap will help make it look larger and the slight gap will also allow some light to get through.

I got that idea from LTPs marquise setting that was recently posted
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the tsav, it looks pretty much exactly as pictured. It''s a dark body with brilliant flashes of pure green. I''ll take some pics later when I get home (and do some unpacking).

Now to figure out the setting! I asked Julia for a quote on the 2 toned semi bezel, and there''s a gem show that''s coming in October that might have settings. Aside from that though, I don''t really have many leads.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yay! I''m glad to hear you like it! I can''t wait to see those pics!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay to the tsavorite arriving safely. Have you played around with it much? You like it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 10:16:23 AM
Yay to the tsavorite arriving safely. Have you played around with it much? You like it?

I do actually. It''s definitely darker than most people might like (and certainly much darker than that ideal med green), but I really love the deep foresty green and the bright flashes it gives off (and it''s cool to own a little piece of garnet history). I''ll try to take photos later!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also considering a 3 stone like the one I posted before. IRL the flashes of green are much brighter and intense a green than in his photo. Yum.

EWtabz2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t wait for IRL pictures. I like the halo idea with the airline
36.gif
LOGR has some ovals with it i think

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 11:23:16 AM
Author: D&T
can''t wait for IRL pictures. I like the halo idea with the airline
36.gif
LOGR has some ovals with it i think

Yeah, I saw some. But I''m worried the halo stones would be too big and overpower the tsav. It''s a small guy, only 5.3 x 6.3mm

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could have sworn I posted in here, but I love that Tsav! I''ve often hovered above the Buy button, but I enjoy teasing myself.
11.gif

MTG, I''m so glad you got it, and I can''t wait to see how you set it. Right now, I''m loving the 3 stone E-W setting . . .
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d do the open bezel or partial bezel since the tone is on the dark side. I know you like the antique bezel setting at the top of the page but I’m concerned about the contrast of bright white diamonds against the dark green, and also the setting will make the tsavorite even deeper than what it is now once set.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah, greens are so hard to photograph. I tried though! IRL it''s a pure green, no yellow at all. Ah well.

mtgtsav1.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
MTG I think it looks great! such a deep green...
36.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! Are you going to keep it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 2:23:37 PM
Author: Kismet
It looks beautiful! Are you going to keep it?

Oh yeah, definitely a keeper :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lighter than I expected. It’s going to be gorgeous in a half bezel or open backed bezel setting.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 4:13:02 PM
It is lighter than I expected. It’s going to be gorgeous in a half bezel or open backed bezel setting.

Ditto! What fabulous green flashes it has, MTG.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 4:13:02 PM

I''m going with a semi-bezel, now just to decide to 3-stone it or not.

Thanks for the nice words guys!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results