shape
carat
color
clarity

I"m going for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I recently asked Barry to put this lovely on hold for me:
I know it''s darker than ideal, but I just LOVE that deep, rich forest green gem color. I''m just waiting for Barry to confirm that the picture is relatively true to life since I wouldn''t want the color any darker than in the photo.

Yay! So excited! I''ve been drooling over this little guy since I first saw him,
30.gif
Just had to share because I''m too excited (and the boy doesn''t understand why, haha).

tg-5559cn_1710_general.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful color. That is probably how the stone looks in sunlight, as most of my Berry stones look like that when they are photographed.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking maybe this would be my first halo...but I also loves how it looks against the yellow gold, so rich..

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
What is it? Just wondering,
I am getting some green melee soon. I don''t know kind yet.
(and how can you concentrate on all this stuff a week before your wedding? You must be the calmest person.)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 8:59:58 PM
Author: Pink Tower

ditto!
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 8:59:58 PM
Author: Pink Tower
I am getting some green melee soon. I don''t know kind yet.
(and how can you concentrate on all this stuff a week before your wedding? You must be the calmest person.)
No kidding!! MTG, I''m fully expecting you to post the day of your wedding - don''t let me down!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys, it''s a tsavorite garnet (I love garnets, they are my favorite gems)

Haha, I will definitely be posting the morning of the wedding, don''t worry :razz: I have to have something to do while they do my hair right?

I''m actually making menus and table numbers right now...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's Barry's description of the tsavorite? Medium dark? Dark?
If true to the picture, it'll most likely appear as such under natural light. If you don't want it any darker, I'd reconsider your idea of a halo because it might make it a smidge darker after being set.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 8:45:14 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I was thinking maybe this would be my first halo...but I also loves how it looks against the yellow gold, so rich..

yellow gold all the way!!! I think it would look sooo yummy!
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2009 9:53:03 PM
Author: Chrono
How''s Barry''s description of the tsavorite? Medium dark? Dark?

If true to the picture, it''ll most likely appear as such under natural light. If you don''t want it any darker, I''d reconsider your idea of a halo because it might make it a smidge darker after being set.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, but I"d have to see it in person. The description was medium dark to dark (so i guess in between?)

I''ll put a little more thought into the setting when I see the stone, but I feel like I''d want more than a yellow gold solitaire..

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!
Somehow, I knew you''d end up with that stone!
31.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it. Very foresty.
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm.."This stone is darker in some light than in the photo."
Sigh, well now I"m just torn again
8.gif
I so absolutely love the color in that photo, and don't all stones look darker in some light?

hmm...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I''ve been visiting this gem almost everyday since it was first posted, so I think that''s a sign that I should get it. I did promise myself one last splurge with my summer income before I got married and had to ok all purchases with the new hubby :) As long as it looks that green in daylight, I''m happy. I just wouldn''t want it to be the dark inky color that mall sapphires are.

Since I"m leaving to go prepare for the wedding in 3 days though, I will likely wait till I get back before getting it mailed. I will be back mid august with pictures of the wedding, iceland, and the tsav!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MTG- It sounds like this stone has had your name written all over it for a while! Go for it
9.gif
If it ends up being too dark, you know Barry has a fine return policy. It is at least worth seeing in person.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That stone is lovely. A very rich green. Can''t wait for all the pictures!!
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2009 6:15:57 AM
Hmmm..'This stone is darker in some light than in the photo.'
Sigh, well now I'm just torn again
8.gif
I so absolutely love the color in that photo, and don't all stones look darker in some light?

hmm...
Yes, most stones will darken indoor. I expect this one to be very dark (blackish or inky with green flash) indoors since it is medium dark to dark outdoors. IceKid is correct though that Barry has a good return policy so if you don't mind the possibility of a return, go for it so assuage your curiousity.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow...gorgeous tsav!! I tend to like my gemstones a little darker than ideal...I''m not sure why. I like surprise and unexpected flashes of light from a really well cut but slightly dark stone. I think there''s something a little romantic about it, slightly old world feeling.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2009 5:48:15 PM
Author: szh07
Wow...gorgeous tsav!! I tend to like my gemstones a little darker than ideal...I'm not sure why. I like surprise and unexpected flashes of light from a really well cut but slightly dark stone. I think there's something a little romantic about it, slightly old world feeling.

Hehe, I totally agree! Well...when it comes to green anyways. I actually really don't like light/grass green, I prefer the greens to be a rich, dark sultry color
2.gif

I sent Barry the payment, he's going to wait till I come back from my honeymoon to mail it. He did say this though, which is cool from a collection point of view.
"It came from the original tsavorite deposit in the Taita Hills and they don't get that
kind of rich, pure green color anymore."

So unless it turns out to be really ugly and black (which is doubtful given what I hear about Barry's gem quality), then I'll probably at least keep it as a piece of gem history.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 10:06:18 PM

Date: 7/25/2009 5:48:15 PM
Author: szh07
Wow...gorgeous tsav!! I tend to like my gemstones a little darker than ideal...I''m not sure why. I like surprise and unexpected flashes of light from a really well cut but slightly dark stone. I think there''s something a little romantic about it, slightly old world feeling.

Hehe, I totally agree! Well...when it comes to green anyways. I actually really don''t like light/grass green, I prefer the greens to be a rich, dark sultry color
2.gif

I sent Barry the payment, he''s going to wait till I come back from my honeymoon to mail it. He did say this though, which is cool from a collection point of view.
''It came from the original tsavorite deposit in the Taita Hills and they don''t get that
kind of rich, pure green color anymore.''

So unless it turns out to be really ugly and black (which is doubtful given what I hear about Barry''s gem quality), then I''ll probably at least keep it as a piece of gem history.
very cool...
2.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love green, a halo around it will look smashing.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2009 12:26:34 AM
Author: Lovinggems

Hopefully it isn''t too dark for that, guess I''ll see when it gets here. Oh, and I''m getting a little gem holder from Barry too, so I can stop taking pics of smudgy gems, yay!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 8:42:15 AM

Hopefully it isn''t too dark for that, guess I''ll see when it gets here. Oh, and I''m getting a little gem holder from Barry too, so I can stop taking pics of smudgy gems, yay!

Be VERY careful with those stone holders. They can definitely chip stones!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Really lovely. I think the color is wonderful and so is the cut. Enjoy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2009 8:48:16 AM
Author: icekid

Date: 7/26/2009 8:42:15 AM

Be VERY careful with those stone holders. They can definitely chip stones!
Ditto that. If you have tweezers, that is best. If not, I’d use my gloved hands.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think it looks lovely! I''m betting it looks like that in sunlight and if that''s when you''ll look at it the most that''ll work!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh- what a rich looking green... Glad you went for it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 11:40:18 AM
Author: D&T
ooh- what a rich looking green... Glad you went for it!
Me too!

I''m hoping to time it so that it''ll be here when i get back from the honeymoon. Hehe, it''ll help cheer me up from the Post-bridal blues I hear about
2.gif

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
I love the rich green color. Can''t wait to see pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results