carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 1:42:54 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Grrrr SO angry right now. So as I posted about last night, DH''s office had a SPD potluck and he doesn''t cook, so he asked me to make him something to bring in. I slaved over Irish soda bread and Guinness beef stew last night (when all I wanted to do was go to bed) so he could have something impressive to bring in. There was even a contest for the best dish (okay, maybe I wanted to win...). The damn traitor voted for SOMEONE ELSE''S DISH!

oh lordy!

that''s half a step away from voting for somebody else as the most attractive woman they know!

actually - for me - that''s worse! i have no illusions about my looks, but my *cooking*...different story altogether!!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
My teeth hurt.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 6:49:59 PM
Author: Lilac
My teeth hurt.
(((hugs)))

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:16:41 PM
Author: Maisie

My teeth hurt.

(((hugs)))

Thanks, Maisie.
1.gif
12.gif

ETA: Your 'signature' quote makes me smile every time I read it. So cute!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:21:00 PM

My teeth hurt.

(((hugs)))

Thanks, Maisie.
1.gif
12.gif

ETA: Your ''signature'' quote makes me smile every time I read it. So cute!
I''m glad it makes you smile. I think its really funny! What is wrong with your teeth? Did you just have work done?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 1:42:54 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Grrrr SO angry right now. So as I posted about last night, DH''s office had a SPD potluck and he doesn''t cook, so he asked me to make him something to bring in. I slaved over Irish soda bread and Guinness beef stew last night (when all I wanted to do was go to bed) so he could have something impressive to bring in. There was even a contest for the best dish (okay, maybe I wanted to win...). The damn traitor voted for SOMEONE ELSE''S DISH!
Seriously?!?! I would have KILLED him. Next time, give him a can of Hormel and a piece of tupperware for "presentation".

April20

Ideal_Rock
It''s 740 pm and it''s light outside. I love daylight savings time.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:27:22 PM
Date: 3/17/2010 7:21:00 PM

My teeth hurt.

(((hugs)))

Thanks, Maisie.
1.gif
12.gif

ETA: Your ''signature'' quote makes me smile every time I read it. So cute!

I''m glad it makes you smile. I think its really funny! What is wrong with your teeth? Did you just have work done?

About a month ago I started Invisalign - it should only take me around 5 months to complete because I switch my teeth aligners every 11 or 12 days. I changed them last night to a new set so right now my teeth are shifting and the trays are pretty tight. It hurts! But it''s all worth it if my teeth straighten
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 7:43:47 PM

About a month ago I started Invisalign - it should only take me around 5 months to complete because I switch my teeth aligners every 11 or 12 days. I changed them last night to a new set so right now my teeth are shifting and the trays are pretty tight. It hurts! But it''s all worth it if my teeth straighten
9.gif
Definitely worth it! My son has the kind of braces that fasten to your teeth. (I''m sure they have a name but it escapes me). He has had them on around 2 years now and is due to get them off. He is very excited!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FI got into a car accident today. He's okay, thank goodness, but the car is in the shop for a week. His foot apparently slipped off the brake and he rear-ended the car in front at idle - it had a towing thingy sticking out that pierced into our radiator.

The other woman apparently looked round completely, got out of the car, walked around the car to check for damage while complaining about being late for a very important appointment, stood with FI to deal with the insurance exchange. FI asked if she was okay and she said "yeah I'm fine". Then FI called the police, as they came she went back into her car and refused to come out claiming some serious neck injury, and they took her out on a board. The cop was apparently quite disbelieving too. Honestly, some people...
29.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/17/2010 10:36:30 PM
Author: yssie
FI got into a car accident today. He''s okay, thank goodness, but the car is in the shop for a week. His foot apparently slipped off the brake and he rear-ended the car in front at idle - it had a towing thingy sticking out that pierced into our radiator.

The other woman apparently looked round completely, got out of the car, walked around the car to check for damage while complaining about being late for a very important appointment, stood with FI to deal with the insurance exchange. FI asked if she was okay and she said ''yeah I''m fine''. Then FI called the police, as they came she went back into her car and refused to come out claiming some serious neck injury, and they took her out on a board. The cop was apparently quite disbelieving too. Honestly, some people...
29.gif
I am so glad to hear that your FI is okay but the whole dealing with the insurance and whatnot can be a pain.

I hate people that pull that crap. I mean, really?! echhhhh.
38.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 10:36:30 PM
Author: yssie
FI got into a car accident today. He''s okay, thank goodness, but the car is in the shop for a week. His foot apparently slipped off the brake and he rear-ended the car in front at idle - it had a towing thingy sticking out that pierced into our radiator.

The other woman apparently looked round completely, got out of the car, walked around the car to check for damage while complaining about being late for a very important appointment, stood with FI to deal with the insurance exchange. FI asked if she was okay and she said ''yeah I''m fine''. Then FI called the police, as they came she went back into her car and refused to come out claiming some serious neck injury, and they took her out on a board. The cop was apparently quite disbelieving too. Honestly, some people...
29.gif
Something sorta similar to this happened to me a few years ago. I was in a parking lot (not even in 1st gear, just rolling along with my foot on the clutch) and the sun came into my eyes all of a sudden. I reached over to get my sunglasses and looked away from the road for a second. As I turned back to look forward I realized I was cutting a corner a little bit and tried to cut the wheel to avoid a collission. I lightly hit another car in the front bumper. The driver jumped out of the car, was looking all around, craning her neck to look underneath, crawling around on her hands and knees, etc. When my parents arrived she said she would probably just need an alignment. There wasn''t any cosmetic damage on her car at all. We exchanged insurance information and the cops came as well to take statements from us. When my father tried to contact her to arrange the alignment she wouldn''t return phone calls. She eventually sued our insurance company for injuries.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

I''m glad your FI is OK though. Thats always a good thing.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Double post.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
This happened to me too. I was waiting at a roundabout and there was a car in front of me. I was gently rolling forward waiting for her to pull out. I was looking to the right watching the traffic and out of the corner of my eye saw her brake lights come off. I assumed (silly me) that she had gone and she hadn''t. I honestly only just nudged her car. No damage whatsoever. She jumped out and did the whole checking thing. Then she and I exchanged details and drove off. I followed her (we were going the same way) for at least two miles and she was moving her head perfectly well, checking her mirrors etc.

I got a letter from her insurer claiming for whiplash and a new rear bumper. I checked that bumper, there wasn''t a mark on it! She won compensation. I wouldn''t have minded if I had hit her hard enough to cause injury.
7.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 12:16:32 PM
This happened to me too. I was waiting at a roundabout and there was a car in front of me. I was gently rolling forward waiting for her to pull out. I was looking to the right watching the traffic and out of the corner of my eye saw her brake lights come off. I assumed (silly me) that she had gone and she hadn''t. I honestly only just nudged her car. No damage whatsoever. She jumped out and did the whole checking thing. Then she and I exchanged details and drove off. I followed her (we were going the same way) for at least two miles and she was moving her head perfectly well, checking her mirrors etc.

I got a letter from her insurer claiming for whiplash and a new rear bumper. I checked that bumper, there wasn''t a mark on it! She won compensation. I wouldn''t have minded if I had hit her hard enough to cause injury.
7.gif

When I was 19, I was driving home from college and as I got off the highway there was a stop sign to check and see if any cars were coming before merging onto the road. There was a car in front of me who was stopped, so I stopped behind him. He checked, there were no cars coming, so he started to move forward onto the road. I took my foot off the brake because I thought he went ahead, and I turned to check if any cars were coming to see if I could merge in also. I guess he must have stopped for some reason, because I hit the back of his car (I was going about two miles an hour, but it was still a jolt and it was my first experience like this). He got out of his car and walked over to my window... I think I was in shock that it happened and I was scared or something because I started crying and kept apologizing and saying how sorry I was. He ended up asking ME if I was ok, and kept asking me to please stop crying and telling me it was ok, there was no damage, and everything would be fine. He was *so* nice! I went home and spent the rest of the day shaking and feeling so bad that the whole thing happened, but so grateful that he was so nice about it!

I remember DH once got hit by a 17 year old girl who backed into his car. I was with him because we were on our way to celebrate our anniversary. A girl stopped her car, as if stopping by the stop sign, she didn''t signal at all, and then suddenly she started backing up into DH''s car! We weren''t moving forward at all, DH''s foot was firmly on the brake and he was honking the horn trying to tell her we were behind her, but she kept backing up straight into his car. She hit it, and got out and started SCREAMING and cursing at him that he hit her and how could he do that, etc etc. We called the cops and her mom came. The cops took statements from both of us and clearly knew we did nothing wrong, but this girl was cursing us and shrieking that we drove into her (apparently, she was trying to parallel park, but obviously didn''t consider pulling up near the spot she wanted to park in, checking to see if anyone was behind her, OR signaling to let anyone know what she wanted to do. Her radio was blasting so she hadn''t heard DH honking his horn.) The cops said we didn''t do anything, and the girl''s mom ended up yelling at her for being so irresponsible and cursing out cops. But yet the girl still was allowed to drive home herself....

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Is going to see Muse tonight. I am *very* excited...I hope they play the song I have had stuck in my head for the last 3 days. Oh, and I am having a killer hair day. Holla.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my friends got fired yesterday b/c she''s missed too much work b/c of sick kids. What''s a parent supposed to do? Hope that a family member will take time off their job to watch them? (and risk getting sick themselves and have to take more time off work)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I really wonder what our dog does when we are not home... there is a paw print on the top of our dusty DVD player, and I suspect that she has been watching movies in our absence...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 12:39:35 PM
Author: trillionaire
I really wonder what our dog does when we are not home... there is a paw print on the top of our dusty DVD player, and I suspect that she has been watching movies in our absence...
That's hilarious!

I wonder, too, but I'm not sure I'd want to know. DH came home one time shortly after we first adopted Bailee to find her standing right in the middle of our dining room table. Just standing there, all 45 lbs of her.

I actually came over here to add a comment about our dog, too:

I love sharing oranges with her because she curls her lips up in this super exaggerated way, so it looks like she hates the oranges and is baring her teeth at them and doesn't want her lips to touch them at all. But, she loves them, and drools like I've never seen her drool before whenever I have an orange. It's so funny.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha Haven and Tril, so funny.

I had to go to the mall today to pick up some pecan turtles for baby shower favors and I went to Wetzles Pretzels and got a frozen lemonade. It''s a little slice of heaven. Oh and the sun is shining and it''s warm out!! YAY for spring
30.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 1:03:29 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 3/18/2010 12:39:35 PM
That''s hilarious!

I wonder, too, but I''m not sure I''d want to know. DH came home one time shortly after we first adopted Bailee to find her standing right in the middle of our dining room table. Just standing there, all 45 lbs of her.

I actually came over here to add a comment about our dog, too:

I love sharing oranges with her because she curls her lips up in this super exaggerated way, so it looks like she hates the oranges and is baring her teeth at them and doesn''t want her lips to touch them at all. But, she loves them, and drools like I''ve never seen her drool before whenever I have an orange. It''s so funny.
23.gif

LOL! I have a friend who comes home to his dog, likewise, on the counter. Just standing there. I swear I need to get a motion activated video camera!

Also, my furry friend loves fruit too! I don''t give her my oranges (ok, clementines and they are too good to share!
3.gif
) but she loves my apple cores! Whenever I de-core apples, it makes her a very happy dog! I think I will get one for us right now! And a clementine for me!
9.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
We left the dogs outside for a little while once , only to return and find charlie, the choco lab, sitting like a human in a pation furniture chair pulled up to the table. His paws were on the table and everything.

And trill, that was a pretty sweet status update you found there!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I''m home at my moms house bc we had the memorial for my grandfather last night, and today she cooked up her traditional st. pat''s day meal. I am so happy to take home leftovers! Nothing beats her cabbage and noodles. I''m. Pretty sure I could eat that all day long!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Charbie,
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, but am happy that your mom made some true 'comfort food'!
5.gif

... so, tonight FI is going to a Date Auction? Which is being put on by the Washington Wizards Cheerleaders? With his guy friends? Does this sieem odd to anyone but me? LOL.

Men and their fantasies...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 3:37:24 PM
Charbie,
I''m sorry to hear about your grandfather, but am happy that your mom made some true ''comfort food''!
5.gif

... so, tonight FI is going to a Date Auction? Which is being put on by the Washington Wizards Cheerleaders? With his guy friends? Does this sieem odd to anyone but me? LOL.

Whaa
33.gif
Empty his wallet immediately!
11.gif
41.gif

I''m actually craving a salad right now. Yeah, that''s right. A salad.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Too much buttercream, not enough cake.
39.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Date: 3/18/2010 3:50:36 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 3/18/2010 3:37:24 PM
Charbie,
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, but am happy that your mom made some true 'comfort food'!
5.gif

Whaa
33.gif
Empty his wallet immediately!
11.gif
41.gif

I'm actually craving a salad right now. Yeah, that's right. A salad.

LOL! I was just in the kitchen, and decided on salad for dinner! It must be catching!
6.gif

And about FI and this date auction... I hope he has fun, but if he buys anything more than beer... there will be hell to pay!
11.gif
27.gif
11.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I was on EIGHT flights this week. Eight. I''ve been living on vodka and sun chips because I haven''t had time to eat when I was off the plane.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results