shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My kitty got out of my house Monday afternoon. My roommate had a window in her room open and didn''t realize that the screen was broken.

I''ve seen her a couple of times around my house but she is so skittish. Oh I miss her SO much and I am SO glad no one ever talked me into getting her declawed.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I LOVE the bowls! I love pottery. I am such a sucker good examples.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Haven, they''re beautiful!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 1:03:15 PM
Author: MC
Yesterday, I went to my dr. to add an additional anti-depressant because the one I have isn''t working good enough. He abruptly said he wants me on 10 mg of Ritalin per day and wrote up an RX. I''m totally confused about this as I don''t have ADD or anything like that. He won''t give me SSRIs or Wellbutrin, so what in the world am I suppose to do? I''m to pick up the RX today and am too afraid to take it. (maybe I should start a thread on this?)

What are you supposed to do? You''re to find a new doctor who''s not drug happy and work together to figure out a treatment plan that''s right for you.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I love your bowls!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 4:15:53 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Yesterday, I went to my dr. to add an additional anti-depressant because the one I have isn''t working good enough. He abruptly said he wants me on 10 mg of Ritalin per day and wrote up an RX. I''m totally confused about this as I don''t have ADD or anything like that. He won''t give me SSRIs or Wellbutrin, so what in the world am I suppose to do? I''m to pick up the RX today and am too afraid to take it. (maybe I should start a thread on this?)

What are you supposed to do? You''re to find a new doctor who''s not drug happy and work together to figure out a treatment plan that''s right for you.
Yeah, life is seriously a disaster right now so I''ll figure something out. I just got word that my great grandmother will die today or tomorrow. I do not know how to function: grandpa died in Dec, SIL killed herself end of dec. and now my great grandmother. Plus my son has severe tics (tourettes) and so I''ve spent a daunting number of hours reading through triggers and attempting to determine what lessens his symptoms because we do not want to put him on any medication!

I asked the dr. for an MAOI inhibitor b/c I thought old-school meds may be better but he said no. He wrote out six prescriptions for me, though. No joke. I''m too embarrassed to go to the drug store to pick them up. Who can possibly take that many pills?

My hair still needs to be brushed and it''s 1:25 pm
37.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm having one of those "totally in love"/"happy with life" moments, where you can't stop smiling... Yes I look special, but I don't care!
9.gif

Haven- Awesome bowels! Congrats on the finds!
MC- I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going thru. Are you seeing a therapist?
(I was on Adderall and Lexapro at the same time for almost 3 years, and I was still having anxiety about all the changes that were happeneing in my life and the fact that I might never be able to live without medication. Therapy and help with coping mechanisms were a god send for me, maybe talking with someone might be better than another Rx.)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I''m so sorry for your loss and the very full plate you''ve been dished MC. I still think that''s too much and you should seek a second opinion. I know people who are VERY seriously mentally ill who are not on that many pharmaceuticals. it sounds to me like he just wants to get you medicated to shut you up vs actually working to find a solution that WORKS for you and with your chemistry.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 4:32:13 PM
Author: meresal
I''m having one of those ''totally in love''/''happy with life'' moments, where you can''t stop smiling... Yes I look special, but I don''t care!
9.gif

Haven- Awesome bowels! Congrats on the finds!
MC- I''m so sorry to hear about what you are going thru. Are you seeing a therapist?
(I was on Adderall and Lexapro at the same time for almost 3 years, and I was still having anxiety about all the changes that were happeneing in my life and the fact that I might never be able to live without medication. Therapy and help with coping mechanisms were a god send for me, maybe talking with someone might be better than another Rx.)
Thanks Meresal and HH. The amount of meds wrote out is ridiculous and it''d be impossible to take everything without being a complete zombie. It''d be unsafe to drive, etc., plus do basic things like make dinner or even cross the street to check the mail.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 4:39:48 PM
7.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss and the very full plate you've been dished MC. I still think that's too much and you should seek a second opinion. I know people who are VERY seriously mentally ill who are not on that many pharmaceuticals. it sounds to me like he just wants to get you medicated to shut you up vs actually working to find a solution that WORKS for you and with your chemistry.

MC - I have to strongly agree with HH. Get a second opinion. There's no reason you should be taking that much medication unless more than one doctor agrees with that treatment plan.

I also think meresal's suggestion of seeking someone to talk to is a valuable one. I spent years suffering from a lot of anxiety, and what was probably undiagnosed depression (it was undiagnosed because I was very young and my mom didn't take me to see anyone - I was around 12 years old at the time - and I assume it was some form of depression because I often had thoughts of hurting myself to escape the pain of the situation I was in and I just felt like there was no reason for me to keep going). It got to a point where my mom realized how bad it was getting and she took me to see a therapist. I was extremely reluctant at first, but after a few weeks of sessions I felt much better. I was given a prescription for medication but ended up not taking it because therapy helped me deal with what I was going through in a healthy way rather than continuing to bury it inside and "trying to deal" on my own. Therapy also helped me at another point in my life when I was going through a lot - I can't say enough about how much it can help.

I'm not saying to try and avoid medication at all costs if your doctors think that's the right course for you, I just think you should get a second opinion before taking *so much* medicine. And talk to someone about everything, if only to be able to get it all out and learn some healthy coping mechanisms.

I'm sorry things are so hard for you now
8.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 3:44:49 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
My kitty got out of my house Monday afternoon. My roommate had a window in her room open and didn''t realize that the screen was broken.

I''ve seen her a couple of times around my house but she is so skittish. Oh I miss her SO much and I am SO glad no one ever talked me into getting her declawed.
Aww I hope she comes back!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is going to sound odd, but talk to your pharmacist. It sounds totally backwards, but it''s likely that your pharmacist will know more about the drugs, side effects, contraindications, interactions etc than your doctor. You''re on so many at this point that they could interact in a bad way and make you worse or very ill. Please take this seriously. While I don''t advocate not taking medication that is prescribed to you (especially for things like depression/anxiety and other disorders), I question your doctor''s judgment. There are better ways to treat this that are much less risky and if this amount of medication IS required, then you should be carefully monitored while you''re taking them.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Today my cat decided to knock the bananas off the top of the fridge and rip them to shreds...just bought them last night
20.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 5:29:39 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Today my cat decided to knock the bananas off the top of the fridge and rip them to shreds...just bought them last night
20.gif
He just wants to make sure he''s got your attention. My dog likes paper towels.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 4:56:30 PM
This is going to sound odd, but talk to your pharmacist. It sounds totally backwards, but it''s likely that your pharmacist will know more about the drugs, side effects, contraindications, interactions etc than your doctor. You''re on so many at this point that they could interact in a bad way and make you worse or very ill. Please take this seriously. While I don''t advocate not taking medication that is prescribed to you (especially for things like depression/anxiety and other disorders), I question your doctor''s judgment. There are better ways to treat this that are much less risky and if this amount of medication IS required, then you should be carefully monitored while you''re taking them.
MC, I agree with what HH has said thus far. 6 rx''s sound like a LOT in my opinion. I would completely question it and not take anything until you are comfortable with what it is and what it does to you.

I''m sorry for your losses. It sounds like it''s been a very bumpy road for you. I hope it gets better.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I''ll add my voice to the chorus and suggest a second opinion.

Did the doctor explain what each of the prescriptions is for? Are all of them part of a treatment for depression?

Even if they''re not, I''d be very concerned about drug interactions. HH''s suggestion to talk to a pharmacist is a good one, especially if it would be hard for you to get another option in short order.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It could be that your doctor has miscommunicated the intent of the new rx (or the others) to you. He may have intended you to stop one and start another and just forgot to say it or something like that, or he may have forgotten all together that you were on so many meds.

April20

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and sunny outside but I know it''s just a trick because it''s COLD.

The good news is that it''s supposed to be 65 on Sunday.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 8:46:01 AM
Author: April20
It''s beautiful and sunny outside but I know it''s just a trick because it''s COLD.

The good news is that it''s supposed to be 65 on Sunday.

Ahhh I HATE when that happens!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My cat, Pearls, is still outside. She''s been out there since Monday afternoon and I am really beginning to freak out. She is definitely hanging around the house, most likely under the crawl space. Have any of you had an indoor only cat get out? How did you get them back?

I have a friend crawling under the house today, we are also setting up a humane trap. I''ve been leaving tuna, water, and her food out. Any other tips?
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUPG I think your plan of the trap and tuna is a good one. You could also use plain wet cat food. I know my cats prefer it to tuna. Put the can in the trap and remove all other food from the area. Then put it right at the entrance to the crawl space. Good luck hun!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I found out last night that I have an interview for a job on monday that would be wonderful! A full time, non contract, room for advancement job in my field. Oooh I really hope I get it!! Eventually I would be in a managerial position which would be great!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Smurfy!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 2:09:42 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I found out last night that I have an interview for a job on monday that would be wonderful! A full time, non contract, room for advancement job in my field. Oooh I really hope I get it!! Eventually I would be in a managerial position which would be great!
36.gif

On a more mundane note, I''m bored "out of my mind"
14.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bought some new sunglasses the other day. Tres excited about them. Boyfriend points out they resemble Elton John circa Island Girl. Fail.
38.gif

So, guess what I am shopping for again? Yeah, sunglasses.
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 9:28:04 PM
Author: VRBeauty

I''ll add my voice to the chorus and suggest a second opinion.

Did the doctor explain what each of the prescriptions is for? Are all of them part of a treatment for depression?

Even if they''re not, I''d be very concerned about drug interactions. HH''s suggestion to talk to a pharmacist is a good one, especially if it would be hard for you to get another option in short order.
Thanks everyone. After I got home, I read through the paperwork that comes with each prescription and some do interact with each other. Also, the Ritalin (generic brand) paperwork said not to take if there is a family history of Tourettes/tics (and I discovered he prescribed the 10 mg TWO times per day, not once!). I did take 1/8 (yes, 1/8th of a tablet so 1.25 mg) and not much happened (no rampant organizing of my entire house). The wikipedia page said it could be prescribed for treatment resistant form of depression. Not all of the RX''s are for depression - also anxiety and sleep. I shoved all the bottles in the back of the cabinet except for the one I''ve been taking for 6.5 years and instead took a five mile walk this morning!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
The owner told me he had a habit of hiring everyone he interviews too so hopefully that is a good thing, time will tell...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 8:11:39 AM
It could be that your doctor has miscommunicated the intent of the new rx (or the others) to you. He may have intended you to stop one and start another and just forgot to say it or something like that, or he may have forgotten all together that you were on so many meds.
He wrote out all six at the same time so he knew about all of them. He has a dictation machine or something so he says the info into a little microphone and the computer generates the RX forms. Last time I went in, he had given me other pills and more than once during this new visit asked if I wanted those refilled too. So, yeah, I could have had even more prescriptions, but I still have all the other stuff left over from my last visit over six months ago. Since I''m not actually taking all the stuff, my husband laughed at how ridiculous all this is. He is trying to be supportive, though. . .my greatgrandmother did pass away during the night so I''ll be writing out condolence cards all tomorrow so that''ll be a toughy. I wonder about St. John''s Wart?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s all natural, but why would you want to add another medication/supplement on top of what you''ve already been prescribed? It doesn''t make sense to me since you feel you''re already taking too many pills.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 2:30:30 PM
I know it''s all natural, but why would you want to add another medication/supplement on top of what you''ve already been prescribed? It doesn''t make sense to me since you feel you''re already taking too many pills.
I''m not taking all of the pills. They were prescribed and filled, but just sitting in my cabinet. I meant the SJW instead of the medications.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results