carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1400102078|3672904 said:
I have second opinion appointment with the breast clinic tomorrow. If you can spare some dust for a good outcome please do!

I found out today at 3:00, and I somehow have to get copies of my ultrasound films for tomorrow. Wish I had of known sooner.

Sending you lots of hugs and dust!
I hope all goes well and it turns out to be nothing interesting.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought a camera!!!

Ours broke a couple (few?) years ago. Been using just my cellphone since then. This one isn't anything special. Just a basic point & shoot that we got on sale. I love to take a camera out while working on the airplane or to the rifle range or hiking/camping so I didn't want anything so expensive I'd be afraid to use it.

Oooooo!
The battery light just turned green so I can go try it out :appl:

Canon Powershot Elph 135....

My only concern is the battery it uses. I used to carry extra batteries (AA or AAA) but this has a special battery pack. Not sure if I want an extra or not...

justginger

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1400105198|3672943 said:
Bought a camera!!!

Ours broke a couple (few?) years ago. Been using just my cellphone since then. This one isn't anything special. Just a basic point & shoot that we got on sale. I love to take a camera out while working on the airplane or to the rifle range or hiking/camping so I didn't want anything so expensive I'd be afraid to use it.

Oooooo!

My only concern is the battery it uses. I used to carry extra batteries (AA or AAA) but this has a special battery pack. Not sure if I want an extra or not...

New cameras are exciting! I always get 2 extra batteries - I reckon you need a least one spare so you can be using one and charging one simultaneously.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1400102560|3672909 said:
I have second opinion appointment with the breast clinic tomorrow. If you can spare some dust for a good outcome please do!

I found out today at 3:00, and I somehow have to get copies of my ultrasound films for tomorrow. Wish I had of known sooner.

Me too chemgirl. Sending buckets of dust and lots of hugs. Good luck tomorrow!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1400114157|3673042 said:
TooPatient|1400102560|3672909 said:

Me too chemgirl. Sending buckets of dust and lots of hugs. Good luck tomorrow!

Add me to the list of well-wishers chemgirl, will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for good news!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1400113598|3673032 said:
TooPatient|1400105198|3672943 said:
Bought a camera!!!

Oooooo!

New cameras are exciting! I always get 2 extra batteries - I reckon you need a least one spare so you can be using one and charging one simultaneously.

I'm playing with the camera to see how long the charge lasts and how long it takes to charge. I think I'm going to order at least one extra battery but I want to know how long they can go for before I order two. They run over $50 per battery so I don't want a bunch of extras if I don't need them. But I also don't want to be wishing I had more if I run out of charge at an important event...

Hmmm.... I wonder how long they hold a charge when not in use?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My little guy got his test results back this week, which were negative!!! :appl: :appl:

Missy thinking of you all the time!!!

TP- have fun with your new camera!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1400150375|3673301 said:
My little guy got his test results back this week, which were negative!!! :appl: :appl:

Missy thinking of you all the time!!!

TP- have fun with your new camera!

Sarah, I am so happy and relieved for you and your family!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you for all your support and good thoughts. I am going through another bad spell.Last night my symptoms amped up again and I am fighting back the anxiety right now. All tests so far have been negative
and I don't know who to turn to or what to do at this point. I'm just hanging in there as best can but praying everything will sort itself out and ultimately I will start feeling better and get back to my normal boring life.

I am so glad you have received such good news and I will continue keeping all of you in my thoughts Sarah. :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Relay for Life this week...

I fell in a little pothole in the grocery store parking lot. Bad enough I had to go in for x-rays. Thankfully it is just a bad sprain, but I'm down for at least the next few days. Have some fancy air splint to keep on for the next couple of weeks.

DH is in getting us lunch and says he'll be doing all the cooking and cleaning and I'm to just get better.

I will be calling the store management though. I was not the first x-ray in the last couple of days to have fallen in the same place. They need to repair before someone gets seriously hurt. The thing is small enough that you can't see it unless you're looking for it. (As in you really can't see it while walking)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sorry TP! I am glad it was nothing too serious. Sending dust for quick healing!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1400272717|3674396 said:
Oh, I'm sorry TP! I am glad it was nothing too serious. Sending dust for quick healing!

Thanks.

You'd think the doctors would have some system in place when you go in to urgent care (my regular dr had no appointments and urgent care is just down the hall from her so they cost the same as her and she gets access to all my records immediately). I had to wait behind the sign (standing) then walk around the corner to check in. Even after explaining concern for a possibly broken foot/ankle they had me WALK back across the room to sit down and wait for my turn. (fine, I'll wait for my turn but maybe an ice pack!?!?) When it was my turn (knowing what I was in for) they had me WALK back across the room to get to one of the exam rooms. The assistant finally had me lay down and grabbed some ice but forgot to go get a pillow to elevate.

The nurse practitioner said it is usually a sprain then started poking and twisting my foot. The "good news" was that most of my pain was in the areas you'd expect with a sprain and not a break but I was in enough pain (and my toes/foot were turning purple/blue/black) that she decided to send me downstairs for x-rays. The first woman showed up again at the same time as a wheel chair and said "Do we really need this? She CAN walk and we're getting a line..."
They did end up wheeling me down for x-rays where the technician twisted my foot all around again (OW!!!).

Oh!
And the lady in the x-ray room (radiologist?) asked what happened and where I fell. When I told her, she was surprised and said I was NOT the first person to have fallen in that parking lot. She'd had another in for x-rays just the day before.

I WILL be letting building management at that shopping center know what happened. There are LOTS of older people who shop there and a fall like this could be VERY bad for one of them. I'd also hate to see anyone else fall and maybe get worse than a bad sprain.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -- Hope you're doing better! Have the doctors been able to figure any more out for you?

Today is 10 years since my grandma died. I went to the cemetery to visit her grave. It was so sad seeing all the flowers and stuff on the other graves and then hers had nothing. I spent a little time there and left a couple of special things there. No flowers, but grandma would have liked them :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1401139079|3680517 said:
Missy -- Hope you're doing better! Have the doctors been able to figure any more out for you?

Today is 10 years since my grandma died. I went to the cemetery to visit her grave. It was so sad seeing all the flowers and stuff on the other graves and then hers had nothing. I spent a little time there and left a couple of special things there. No flowers, but grandma would have liked them :))

Hi TooPatient, I am sorry your grandmother isn't here. Grandmothers are special aren't they...I still miss my dear grandmother 22 years later... (((Hugs))) for you. She will always hold a very special place in your heart. Keep her memories close and she will always be with you.

Thank you for asking about my health. I had a rough 4 days and it still continues. The burning and squeezing have been present almost 24/7 lately but I am just toughing it out as the doctors are clueless and I am taking a doctor break for now. The doctors cannot offer me any answers or help and I don't know where to turn so just taking it one day at a time and hoping for relief and recovery. Hope your foot is healing and you are doing well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1401189424|3680821 said:

Hi TooPatient, I am sorry your grandmother isn't here. Grandmothers are special aren't they...I still miss my dear grandmother 22 years later... (((Hugs))) for you. She will always hold a very special place in your heart. Keep her memories close and she will always be with you.

Thank you for asking about my health. I had a rough 4 days and it still continues. The burning and squeezing have been present almost 24/7 lately but I am just toughing it out as the doctors are clueless and I am taking a doctor break for now. The doctors cannot offer me any answers or help and I don't know where to turn so just taking it one day at a time and hoping for relief and recovery. Hope your foot is healing and you are doing well.

Sorry you've had a rough few days again. I had severe acid reflux problems for a couple of years (as in curl up and cry sort of pain all day and worse at night) and know how awful that burning can be. I can't imagine it all over :nono:

Hang in there! Something will help. Someone will show up knowing what it is.

My foot is getting better each day. I'm still barely able to walk and using a knee scooter much of the time, but that is good progress.

Grandmothers are special! I'm sorry you lost yours too. I know in my mind that it has to happen some day, but it still just hurts. She was really the thing keeping my entire family together. My memories are so very special. I've got some pictures and a couple of little things but mostly just my memories -- and they are wonderful!
I try to remember this every day and try to make sure I have lots of great memories with my other grandmother & grandfather while I can.
The interesting thing this year was that I didn't feel her at the cemetery. She is with me everywhere and I know she's around in some way but the cemetery just felt empty. I guess that is good. I'd like to think of her in all those places she loved and not in some lonely cemetery :))

Big hugs to you too!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1401189424|3680821 said:

HUGS Missy! i wish there was something I can do for you! I'm continuing to send healing dust your way!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you TooPatient. I am glad your foot is getting better.
And thank you Sarah honey. :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mathra came to visit my house this evening. I swear its wingspan was the length of my hand!

uploadfromtaptalk1401420627535.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother passed away on Wednesday, not quite two years after being diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. After about 18 months of treatment her doctor suggested hospice about three weeks ago. The end was both brutally and mercifully fast - unfortunately the speed caught us somewhat off-guard, and left some things unsaid and some questions unasked. I'm still numb, grateful for the myriad of administrative things my father and I have to wade through that give us something to focus on. My mother hung on to her roles of family commander,communicator, homemaker, organizer, and hostess-in-chief as long as she possibly could, with the result that my father, a wonderful man, has been somewhat coddled and will need some help learning how to live on his own. One of my mother's main goals was to build strong ties within the family, and fortunately she knocked that one out of the park. My brothers, SILs, and I will figure this out.

My oldest brother, who has been hospitalized since October, completes one week of intensive rehabilitation today and will be arriving at the family homestead tonight.

I was going to include pictures of a few of my mother's wonderful quilts and wall hangings, but I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of them being shared around the web without attribution. I know my mother wouldn't mind my sharing this one. She made many versions of this wall hanging and offered them freely, when she was able, to people who admired the one hanging in her living room.

wall_hanging.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR -- Big hugs to you and your entire family. I'm sorry you are going through this. Please take care of yourself including taking the time to grieve. That quilt is beautiful. Your mother sounds like a talented, strong, loving woman.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
VR, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. She sounds like she was a wonderful mother, and a considerable force to be reckoned with! She will live on through her acts, and the hearts of those she touched.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
VR I'm sorry for your loss. My late mother was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer also. She survived about 2 years, and died 2 months before my first was born. That was 5 years ago. It still hurts. I was awake earlier this week thinking about it.

I hope that you get to a place of peace and acceptance about it.

I joined PS after she died, and I was immersed in this world until recently.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry for the loss of your dear mother VR, you have my deepest sympathy - my heart goes out to you and your family, wishing you all comfort and strength during this tough time, hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, I am so sorry about your mother. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1401466948|3683181 said:
My mother passed away on Wednesday, not quite two years after being diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. After about 18 months of treatment her doctor suggested hospice about three weeks ago. The end was both brutally and mercifully fast - unfortunately the speed caught us somewhat off-guard, and left some things unsaid and some questions unasked. I'm still numb, grateful for the myriad of administrative things my father and I have to wade through that give us something to focus on. My mother hung on to her roles of family commander,communicator, homemaker, organizer, and hostess-in-chief as long as she possibly could, with the result that my father, a wonderful man, has been somewhat coddled and will need some help learning how to live on his own. One of my mother's main goals was to build strong ties within the family, and fortunately she knocked that one out of the park. My brothers, SILs, and I will figure this out.

My oldest brother, who has been hospitalized since October, completes one week of intensive rehabilitation today and will be arriving at the family homestead tonight.

I was going to include pictures of a few of my mother's wonderful quilts and wall hangings, but I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of them being shared around the web without attribution. I know my mother wouldn't mind my sharing this one. She made many versions of this wall hanging and offered them freely, when she was able, to people who admired the one hanging in her living room.

wall_hanging.jpg

VR I am very sorry for your loss.
That is the most beautiful quilt! obviously made by a person with great vision and a loving heart.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR Beauty, I'm so sorry to hear your mother has passed away! I hope you find strength with your family to get thru this terrible time. How nice of you to share one of her watercolour quilts with us!! I have made a few of that exact design myself, for the ministers at our church!! Your mothers is lovely! I love the sunlight behind the cross --- thank you for sharing!!

(((HUGS)))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1401466948|3683181 said:

wall_hanging.jpg

Wow VRBeauty, just seeing that quilt makes me choked up. The work on that kinda says it all. I'm in awe. Amazing woman, your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your condolences and gentle good wishes. TooPatient and VapidLapid: my mother was indeed strong and a "force to be reckoned with." She put her all in everything she undertook, including her career, family, friends, and quilting. Pregcurious: I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your pain will lessen also. Junebug and Missy: Thank you for your kind thoughts. Jimmianne, Enerchi, and LLJsmom: Thank you for commenting on the wall hanging. Enerhi - it is indeed based on the watercolor quilts technique. The sunrise behind the cross was my mother's signature element that she included in each cross quilt she made. This one is made of 1" squares. I had asked her to make mine with 3/4" squares but she didn't get a chance to make it, so this one will eventually pass on to me.

On a lighter note, it has occurred to me that I guess I can stop rebelling against my mother now. :wink2: A sorry reflection on me, I know, but alas, there's some truth in that.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR, I've just now seen your post. Deepest sympathy and biggest hugs outgoing to you my friend. I'm so sorry for your loss.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dee*Jay. I think a large part of me is still in a state of disbelief.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to feel that posting or reading in hangout is dangerous to my mental health.

It seems many posters are just sitting and waiting to find someone to disagree with, and then piling on. Every word and nuance is parsed and picked apart. The spirit of a post is ignored in favor of disagreeing with a single phrase, or word. :rolleyes:

Not just my threads or posts, but those of many others.

It's like some posters just want the attention created by controversy. Even when its a truly stupid, non-controversy.

Every time I check hangout lately, I just get irritated. :( :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results