shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how terrible, Too Patient.
Fingers crossed your uncle doesn't suffer... lots of pain meds to get him thru this.

I can't imagine the pain of loosing a child - no matter what age the 'child' is. It must be heartbreaking.
Sending dust your way my dear - hoping for the best for all involved....

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
SO might be ordering my ring this week. I think it's going to be this week or next. I can hardly believe it. I'll keep you posted (sorry for the pun). :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
yippee Danny!!! I hope so.... I can't wait for you to have it!!! :appl: :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband just made dinner. He made enough for 14 but there are only two of us. Anyone hungry?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1335303479|3179733 said:
My husband just made dinner. He made enough for 14 but there are only two of us. Anyone hungry?

LOL, is he related to my mom? She does the very same thing! :bigsmile:
Hope it's something yummy cause then you have leftovers for a long while. Enjoy! :lickout:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1335303682|3179739 said:
Zoe|1335303479|3179733 said:

LOL, is he related to my mom? She does the very same thing! :bigsmile:
Hope it's something yummy cause then you have leftovers for a long while. Enjoy! :lickout:

He must be! He made shepard's pie. It's really yummy, which is a good thing because we'll be eating it all week.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My uncle died on Tuesday of this last week. It has been a hard time for all of my family. He was 52 years old.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
so sorry to hear that, toopatient. I hope your family is managing as well as possible at this time.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, TooPatient.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toopatient - that's much too young to die! Condolences to you and your family.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry TooPatient. What a sad thing, 52 is just too young. My condolences to you and your family during this painful time.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear of your loss, TooPatient.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
So very sorry for your loss TooPatient, dust to you and your family through this tough time.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have to admit I'm really enjoying Betty White's "Off Their Rockers" - poking gentle fun at ageism and the aged and those of us who are merely aging, all at the same time!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1336017387|3186361 said:
Have to admit I'm really enjoying Betty White's "Off Their Rockers" - poking gentle fun at ageism and the aged and those of us who are merely aging, all at the same time!

I love her!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Was so distracted while meeting with my real estate agent today. She was wearing a gorgeous 5 stone band. Looked antique with old cuts.

She was explaining mandatory landscaping fees and I was just sitting there drooling.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I won an award from the college I just graduated from. It was one where the staff in my major nominated me, and then they voted on it. I was the only winner for my department :appl: I was unable to attend the ceremony, but received a copy of the sweet things the staff said about me. Very flattering!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats manderz! Nice accomplishment!

OK, mini vent if I may. I have a love hate relationship with technology. I love it when it works and hate it when it doesn't (work right).
And it seems it doesn't work right way more than it does. ;(
I had to reset my passoword on my email account and am having lots of trouble signing in to my mobile. I cannot get it to sync. I have spent well over an hour and a half on this now and am running so late! :nono: Ugh!! I hate technology! Why am I so challenged in this area????
;( ;( ;(

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations manderz! :appl: I'm sure the honor was well deserved!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Blarg,

DH was supposed to visit his dad Monday, but when he tried to finalize the plans earlier in the week he got radio silence. DH called again just now to find out that his dad has plans that he can't come along to.

So now he's trying to find another day. Problem is that we share a car and I already made arrangements to have all of my meetings at my office on Monday and will need the car the rest of the week. When I brought this up DH got annoyed that I'm "Not letting him see his dad" and I'm "Just like his mom" for keeping the car. Feels like I'm talking to a five year old. He always gets like this when it comes to his dad. Probably because his mom used to try to keep him from seeing his dad and still gets annoyed when she finds out that we visited him. Not appropriate, but I can't stand the guy either so can't imagine what I would feel like if I had been married to him.

Anyway, sooo annoyed that its my fault he can't see his dad, not his dad's for being flakey. "Plans" in this case is going out with people after work. So drinking.

FIL is now going on about how we shouldn't buy a house because "The bank can just decide to take it away." Not sure about other countries, but we're in Canada and this just doesn't happen unless you don't pay your mortgage for a while. We have a 25% downpayment saved and we're looking for something we can reasonably afford on one income. DH believes every word his dad says so I'm looking forward to a nice argument later.

Are all children of divorce like this? The only thing we fight about is his Dad and Step-Mom. He just can't look at them objectively.

Rant over, just had to put it somewhere.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh. that sucks Chemgirl. hang in there... this too shall pass...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you and your dh are dealing with this Chemgirl. You are not alone in that one of the biggest causes of discord within a marriage after money issues are in-law issues. Hang in there, be as supportive as you can, try not to react to him being unreasonable and he will see it for what it is. The worst thing I think you can do is react to his anger and unreasonable comments with defensiveness or anger. Just be loving and supportive and he will see the truth eventually. His dad is never going to change but hopefully your dh will realize with time that it isn't his fault or his mom's fault or your fault. It is no one's fault but his dad's. I feel for you and hope it gets better.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Omg I got tickets to watch swimming at the Olympics. So excited! :appl: :appl: :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta - YAY!!! How exciting!

I'm on the BRAT diet for a few days. :knockout: I should be excited, because a peptic stomach diagnosis is much better and more manageable than the lower GI problem diagnosis I was expecting. But a diet of nothing but banana, rice, applesauce and plain toast... let's just say this is not my usual fare! :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally booked a hair appointment and now I miss my gray roots....NOT! I've got awesome highlights and much blonder than I've ever been. For the first time, I think I can actually maintain this style. Or so I think...tomorrow is another day ( thank you Scarlett Ohara!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nanny died 6 years ago today. I loved her so very much and miss her so. She was a gift to me, and was so very blessed to have her for the extra time I did. I talk to her often as she picked out a time to do so each day.. That meant the world to me, she said look, you are not an early riser.. I was like yup, I am a night owl. She said lets talk at noon.. You look up at the sky, say what you want to and I will be doing the same.

Oh how very blessed I was. I miss her like times a thousand.. She was my heart. That's all.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1337052801|3195423 said:
She said lets talk at noon.. You look up at the sky, say what you want to and I will be doing the same.

My grandmother and I used to do that. I told her when I was a child to look at the moon (we were in the same timezone but she was in Florida and I was in New York) and we would both be looking at the same thing. She died in 2001. I was devastated.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Ring update: it looks like SO will be ordering it either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I can hardly believe it.

I want to use a camera instead of my iPhone to take pictures and SO has to borrow one from work.

I don't know how long it will take for it to be delivered but since I want to take pictures of the "un-boxing" it won't be long after that that ( :cheeky: ) I'll have pictures for you. :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is trying to bribe me with martini studs. Nothing illegal involved, though.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1337257220|3197250 said:
Ring update: it looks like SO will be ordering it either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I can hardly believe it.

I want to use a camera instead of my iPhone to take pictures and SO has to borrow one from work.

I don't know how long it will take for it to be delivered but since I want to take pictures of the "un-boxing" it won't be long after that that ( :cheeky: ) I'll have pictures for you. :wavey:

WOOHOOOO Danny! How exciting! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results