shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough days ahead. So will say see ya later gator..

No clue what you all are talking about , Ilander etc...

I haven't been on PS much.. I care... But man has life thrown me some big ass cuve balls.. OK mods Ban me for saying A**..
I am doing the best I can, and it's trying at times. Be patient with me.

xx

Lisa

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We made attempts to allow the thread under discussion to continue but asked that discussion be general. Unfortunately that request was not honored and multiple members reported the thread and felt uncomfortable. Additionally the OP requested that it be closed.

As I stated in that thread we are willing to explore bringing back restricted topics, but before we do we need to be sure that the policies and individual members will all be respected regardless of their stance on the hot button issue.

Next time if we allow a thread that is borderline to remain but make a request to keep it within certain confines, and that is respected, we will feel more comfortable continuing to do so. Unfortunately for each member that wants to discuss those topics there is another one who appreciates that we limit divisive topics and report posters who do not.

We do our best.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
MC|1299088501|2862977 said:
Okay, I've concluded that I was not meant to speak English as my first language. Even basic words like "was" and "were" confuse me. My grammer sucks.

English was my mom's second language. Not sure if I should say it's because of that or that (which is it?) my english sucks, but I've decided to abandon all and learn a new language and speak that instead. (If my grammer is going to be terrible, might as well have an excuse including a heavy accent and all.)

Now, what to learn...hmmmm

MC, were you exposed to your mothers first language as you were growing up? If so, yes it can have an affect on how one learns and develops their own English language skills especially in the grammatical sense. also, if your mums English isn't that great, that would have also had an effect on how you learnt to speak as well.

I work for a language development study and all participants who have been exposed to a second language whilst growing up (don't actually have to understand/speak it themselves, just be exposed to it) are excluded from the study because if they do in fact have a developmental problem with their language it could be caused from the exposure to the second language rather than from what we are looking for in the study.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better ;-)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1299374445|2865742 said:
I have recently discovered my love for med-strong blue flour. :love:

Uh, I meant to say "fluor." :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1299391189|2865867 said:
MC|1299088501|2862977 said:
Okay, I've concluded that I was not meant to speak English as my first language. Even basic words like "was" and "were" confuse me. My grammer sucks.

English was my mom's second language. Not sure if I should say it's because of that or that (which is it?) my english sucks, but I've decided to abandon all and learn a new language and speak that instead. (If my grammer is going to be terrible, might as well have an excuse including a heavy accent and all.)

Now, what to learn...hmmmm

MC, were you exposed to your mothers first language as you were growing up? If so, yes it can have an affect on how one learns and develops their own English language skills especially in the grammatical sense. also, if your mums English isn't that great, that would have also had an effect on how you learnt to speak as well.

I work for a language development study and all participants who have been exposed to a second language whilst growing up (don't actually have to understand/speak it themselves, just be exposed to it) are excluded from the study because if they do in fact have a developmental problem with their language it could be caused from the exposure to the second language rather than from what we are looking for in the study.

Hope that makes you feel a bit better ;-)

Thanks, Hawaiianorangetree! My mom's first language was German but she never spoke it around me. She rebelled and abandoned it. lol! The problem came down to her not having great grammatical skills and not exactly the widest variety of adjectives in her vocabulary. She seemed to find it easier to fill in most descriptive words with swear words...and looking in the dictionary, the "f word" is a noun, verb, adjective, etc., so why learn english at all when there is a multi-purpose word, with one single tense, to compose an entire sentence with? Isn't that horrible? lol!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My SIL's boyfriend is a musician (not a big name professional, but he does play at bars) and created an original song for a jewelry store contest. After recording the song, he and my SIL, neither of which are video people, made a stop-motion video with her camera and her Mac. It came out awesome.

The prize is a $5000 diamond ring.

Today, he received an email from a "parent" of one of the other contestants, telling him how sleazy it was to enter a professional video in an contest that kids and amateurs were competing in.

WTF?!?!? I strive to never be one of these parents.

It is obvious who's video she is the parent of, since there is only one other video that is even close in the # of votes, and it is a crappy karaoke Spice Girls song, with absolutely no creativity. Tell your child to put in some real work and THEN expect reward.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I was watching some old tv on Netflix and it got me wondering. I know couples on tv didn't share beds back in the 50's due to censorship, but did real couples share a bed? I know my grandparents did, but were they the norm?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Mere, I google the video and it is awesome. I hope they win.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LB. I hope they do as well.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
It's our first wedding anniversary on Saturday and the gift I believe is paper?

Well my daughter came home from school today and her teacher said that she saw our wedding in a magazine. We ran down to the shops to buy a copy and what do you know, there's a 4 Page spread in Sheila magazine!! Even my husband was excited and wanted to take a copy to work!

I thought it was a pretty good 1st wedding anniversary present :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1299578262|2867225 said:
It's our first wedding anniversary on Saturday and the gift I believe is paper?

Well my daughter came home from school today and her teacher said that she saw our wedding in a magazine. We ran down to the shops to buy a copy and what do you know, there's a 4 Page spread in Sheila magazine!! Even my husband was excited and wanted to take a copy to work!

I thought it was a pretty good 1st wedding anniversary present :D

Cool! I have to say that is a great 1st wedding anniversary gift!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's a girl that I see about four times a week when I'm doing one of my hobbies and up until recently we've been quite good friends. She's now acting like a b&&&h the past week and totally ignoring myself and another girl and although I'm trying not to let it get to me but it is. We've done absolutely nothing and so it's bothering me that she's acting like that and I hate conflict. I've tried to talk to her about it but unfortunately she's always in a group and so it's difficult to say anything. Thanks for listing to my vent!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1299192566|2864110 said:
dragonfly411|1299191121|2864093 said:
Not sure how the wallet was stolen, probably when we were out to eat. Changing purses.

Today: Got ranch dressing on my truck seat, my ranch leaked out of a take out container, through a publix bag and onto everything. How does that happen? THEN my computer ran slow ALL DAY, and THEN I ran into a door knob full force, like rebounding force b/c the door stopped opening abruptly.

It does get better right? I mean really?

Baileys_and_coffee.jpg

Hope your banks and such aren't giving you too much grief :sick:

Was that drink for ME? :love:

The bank was fantastic. I know a lot of the folks that work there so it was pretty easy to get everything squared away. The troublesome part was my driver's license but that's all done too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1299597129|2867355 said:
Was that drink for ME? :love:

The bank was fantastic. I know a lot of the folks that work there so it was pretty easy to get everything squared away. The troublesome part was my driver's license but that's all done too.

Well that's a relief!!

Someone went to some strip club in Denver on my card last week - bank called left me a message that "they had detected unusual activity on my account" :rodent: Got to go pick up a new card sometime this week.

I am SO excited to be home!!! DH met me at the airport with a bride bear wearing surprise sparklies in its ears :bigsmile: adorable little chrome diopsides in wg :love:

4-CDStuds JPEG.jpg

2-CDStuds JPEG.jpg

3-CDStuds JPEG.jpg

1-Bear JPEG.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1299819467|2869391 said:
I am SO excited to be home!!! DH met me at the airport with a bride bear wearing surprise sparklies in its ears :bigsmile: adorable little chrome diopsides in wg :love:

What a sweet hubby!

This is the truth - a friend of mine was talking about wanting some chrome diopside studs just. last. night. I didn't think chrome dipside was as sparkly as your earrings are (and of course I shared that opinion :oops: ). Did your hubby by any chance mention where he got your earrings?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1299821768|2869411 said:
Yssie|1299819467|2869391 said:

What a sweet hubby!

This is the truth - a friend of mine was talking about wanting some chrome diopside studs just. last. night. I didn't think chrome dipside was as sparkly as your earrings are (and of course I shared that opinion :oops: ). Did your hubby by any chance mention where he got your earrings?

They're not - sparkly, really, not like diamonds. No dispersion at all. But they're nicely cut and they don't really black out, so there's always some sort of green/black facet pattern.

The *colour* is amazing - they're *exactly* the colour of leaves! And they don't really change colour no matter what lighting I'm in.. errs toward yellow over blue, which I actually prefer with my skin. And so cost effective, compared to tsavs or emeralds :cheeky:

He apparently got them from this store www.belljewels.com but I don't see them listed on the website.. maybe your friend can call in? The settings are 14k wg - not fancy, but sturdy and nicely made.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Yssie - I'll pass that along. Sparkle or not, they're beautiful punctuation marks on your ears!

April20

Ideal_Rock
We finally got *our* furniture moved into the loft we're living in this weekend. We'd been using the model furniture. Can I just say how happy I am? It finally feels like a warm home and I no longer feel like a college kid living with milk crates.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Star Jones and Dionne Warwick showed appalling behaviour and a total lack of good sportsmanship last night on the CA. :angryfire:

Role models, my a$$!!!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
isaku5|1300144426|2871782 said:
Star Jones and Dionne Warwick showed appalling behaviour and a total lack of good sportsmanship last night on the CA. :angryfire:

Role models, my a$$!!!

+++++++1
Their behavior was outrageous.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Effe|1300146949|2871833 said:
isaku5|1300144426|2871782 said:

Role models, my a$$!!!

+++++++1
Their behavior was outrageous.
I'm watching it now. Its awful. They are in the boardroom now. I'm shocked at how selfish they were.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
gaah.gif

drinkingbuddies.gif

anddash.gif

:blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown :errrr:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
((((Missy)))))

I hope your declaration was hyperbole! If not, care to share?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1300251937|2872972 said:
((((Missy)))))

I hope your declaration was hyperbole! If not, care to share?

Hey VRBeauty,
Thanks, I have been so stressed the last few days. We are selling our vacation house and purchasing another all on the same day- March 21st and this week the bank added all these new things we had to do. Which is not a big deal in itself except for the time crunch as we have only a few business days left. Fortunately, though my dh is away at the house packing, he and I are managing to take care of the final stuff (that was just made known to us this week though we had been proactive this whole time).

On top of it all the purchasers of our house are very difficult and have been throughout- so much so that my dh didn't even want to accept their offer when they first made it but our RE agent convinced him it was worth it and said most purchasers are like this...NOT.
I won't bore you with the details of their unreasonable requests but we worked through all of them. It was a long 2 months.

And lastly, their attorney, even though he had been aware that we are doing 2 closings on the same day for the last 4 weeks changed the game plan and said he could not close till 1 pm that day. Now, we cannot purchase the other home without selling our house first so that is sort of late in the day as the banks close by 5 pm and what are the odds their won't be any issues at the first closing with those difficult purchasers?

Our attorney has also been a horror in that I have been asking her for the last 4 weeks about all the stuff we need to make sure we have before the closings etc and she kept saying not to worry and she would do her best etc etc. Well, last night, she emailed us that she was fedexing papers we needed to fill out and notarize and get back to her by Friday...except how can we do that because if we get it today (and that's a big if since I have no clue if it is over nighted or it was too late and it will take 2 days) and my dh is not due back till tomorrow (there is still so much packing to do though we have been at it for the last 4 weeks at least) do we have time to get it notarized and back to her the next day?? I am not sure and this is critical since we cannot be at the first closing and she needs it for that. When I asked my dh why did she wait (this has been her MO throughout) he says (as he always does) no use worrying over what should have been, let's just make it work. The thing is this has been the way our attorney has been throughout this whole process and I have been aggravated about it the whole time. I have not kept silent about it but my dh kept reassuring me and said it would all work out. In fact the last 2 days I have been a bit annoyed in my emails to her at her lack of responsiveness ( We can never get her on the phone) and she told my dh she would rather deal with him and not me. :nono: And I can promise you I have not overreacted at her lack of pro-activeness but at this point no use crying over spilled milk but these are all the reasons I feel that I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Argggghhhh! :errrr:

Sorry for the long winded explanation VR...thanks for your concern!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
H.O.T. yaaaaay - I loved your wedding photos you all looked so beautiful so I'm not at al surprised you are featured in a mag... great paper anniversary gift!!

Missy, so sorry for the hassle you are going through, my happy message for HOT sounds unsympathetic posted next to your situation. :(sad

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I want a do-over for today. And a nap.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My ILs just bought a 1000 sf condo in a high end area of Atlanta for $67K! I've always been pretty anti-condo in ATL due to the mass overstock on the market and their difficulty to sell here. However, I might have to reconsider my stance if we could get that kind of deal!

April20

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1300284871|2873135 said:
I want a do-over for today. And a nap.

Me too. Especially the nap.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I use this thread to complain too much.

Vent of the day:

I am throwing a birthday party for DH this weekend and a guest just called annoyed that I would schedule it from 6-10 on Saturday night. Apparently I should know how hard it is to get a sitter at that time and she'd appreciate it if I changed the party to 4:00 on Friday. Ummm...but all of the other guests are working at that time, including DH. I feel that this is more obvious than the sitter thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results