shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Date: 5/15/2010 9:12:12 PM
Author: yssie
OMG my studs are shipped!!! And my bridesmaids pendants, and my ring will be done thurs at the latest... crazy jewellery week in yssieville!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Exciting!!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Progress!! Last night I packed my entry hall closet, Living room, hall bathroom closet and half of the kitchen.

I am SUPER proud of myself. :)

Hopefully, I complete the house tonight. :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
the internet has finally scared me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:15:49 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Progress!! Last night I packed my entry hall closet, Living room, hall bathroom closet and half of the kitchen.

yaaaah! Good going.

Right now, "Burning Down the House," by the Talking Heads is blasting away in my head. lol

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/19/2010 12:44:59 PM
Author: MC

yaaaah! Good going.

Right now, ''Burning Down the House,'' by the Talking Heads is blasting away in my head. lol
Well thank you MC!!! For someone as ADD as I am, it was really an accomplishment. LOL, a lot of distractions...in the form of old pictures,letters,ect.

How is yours going?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC - I''m very mad at you for that. I had a perfectly good song in my head... and now 2 seconds later I cannot remember what it even was. Instead I have Burning down the house repeating.. .just one part... b/c I don''t know the rest of the song.
38.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 1:08:15 PM

yaaaah! Good going.

Right now, ''Burning Down the House,'' by the Talking Heads is blasting away in my head. lol
Well thank you MC!!! For someone as ADD as I am, it was really an accomplishment. LOL, a lot of distractions...in the form of old pictures,letters,ect.

How is yours going?
Mine''s horrible. The house is a total mess as I gave up a few days ago. What''s the point? Half of our stuff is going into storage and the storage facitility said that unless their strong boxes are used rather than liquor store boxes, they all will cave in and everything will break. lol!

I''m on my 3rd glass of diet coke. My dr. did prescribe ADD meds for me and now I''m certain I do NOT have that as they make me totally space out and play on the computer all day. Sigh!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 1:09:34 PM
Author: dragonfly411
MC - I''m very mad at you for that. I had a perfectly good song in my head... and now 2 seconds later I cannot remember what it even was. Instead I have Burning down the house repeating.. .just one part... b/c I don''t know the rest of the song.
38.gif
9.gif
Sorry. Same. I know just one section of the chores line. . .repeating over and over. All my CDs are packed except for "The Smiths," which is less than motivational at this point in time. lol

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
How bout we both sing it''s the end of the world LOL
11.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 1:29:54 PM
How bout we both sing it's the end of the world LOL
11.gif
Sounds good! lol

Here is my random comment to add to CRAZINESS. DH and I don't want to move and we're already talking about moving away from the town we're moving to and back into the city we're leaving and love and then putting the kids back in the school we just took them out of because it's a better district and the kids had a great group of friends. Wacko. The ONLY reason we're moving is for economical reasons. Ahhhh! Our goal is within two years. Already counting down the days. We're moving onto an island. You know, that IS the end of the world. Life revolves around a d&mn ferry that has two hour waits in the summer b/c of all the tourists. Plus with the four of us, our round trip ferry fare is around $26-30.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/19/2010 1:18:38 PM

Date: 5/19/2010 1:08:15 PM

yaaaah! Good going.

How is yours going?
Mine''s horrible. The house is a total mess as I gave up a few days ago. What''s the point? Half of our stuff is going into storage and the storage facitility said that unless their strong boxes are used rather than liquor store boxes, they all will cave in and everything will break. lol!

I''m on my 3rd glass of diet coke. My dr. did prescribe ADD meds for me and now I''m certain I do NOT have that as they make me totally space out and play on the computer all day. Sigh!
LOL, my dog was running around whining and pacing. I removed his squeeky toy from its hiding place and let him take his anxiety out on that. My headache was worth not hearing the whining. LOL.

Yeah, I feel you on moving to storage. Never fun. LOL, space out on the computer. I do that a lot too. Funny what a time suck it can be.
38.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 2:23:59 PM
MY COUSIN MIGHT BE ON BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that''s awesome!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

That''s great Renee!

I keep looking around at everything we still need to pack and I can''t get myself to do it. We''re almost at the "last random stuff" phase that MC mentioned and I hate it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 5:25:00 PM
Author: Zoe
Date: 5/18/2010 2:23:59 PM

MY COUSIN MIGHT BE ON BIGGEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that''s awesome!

::does a happy dance:: I''m really proud of her for taking control. She went to a filming in Atlanta, got to work out and do a challenge with Jillian!!!!!!!!!! And put in all her info so we are crossing our fingers.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I will be on "What Would You Do?", probably NOT tonite, but sometime soon.

Unfortunately, when we were "caught" in their scenario I was wearing a velour track suit, had barely combed my hair and had on only a swipe of lip gloss. I told them they couldn't use me, but my husband was interview extensively. The scenario was an extremely abusive customer in a diner. My husband was the ONLY ONE in the diner who went to her defense.

I told them I would SUE THEM if they didn't tile me out in the show.
32.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So disappointed.

My ring was supposed to ship tomorrow. BUT GIA just mailed the stone back to WF on Monday, and we all know how slow registered mail can be just when you want something to ship quickly
14.gif

And since my flight is tomorrow I'm not going to see it for another two weeks, assuming it's even done in two weeks
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I FREAKING HATE HATE HATE MAY IN OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 6:23:04 PM
Author: ksinger
I FREAKING HATE HATE HATE MAY IN OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it storming? Ugly weather?

Aren''t you too cool to be living in OK anyway? Are you the only hip (or nearly hip) person there?
28.gif
9.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 6:51:41 PM
Author: HollyS

Aren''t you too cool to be living in OK anyway? Are you the only hip (or nearly hip) person there?
28.gif
9.gif
I am indeed incredibly cool, but I''m past the stage of picking up and moving for Hipville. Family, social network, long association, job, on our way to home payoff - hard to throw all that away. However, as mostly center-of-the-road as I and my husband actually are, we do single-handedly move the state from hyper to merely ultra right.
2.gif
(When asked one time by a phone pollster whether he was conservative or liberal, my husband countered with "By Oklahoma standards, or somewhere else?" It was a long discussion as you might imagine.)

And yes, I''m watching chaser tornado footage and hook echoes north of me, and storms fire up south. Dry line hanging north and they''re just getting hammered. It''s a storm-chaser''s dream, and a resident''s stressful PITA. And the micro coverage just makes me crazy. "There''s a RAINDROP IN MCCURTAIN COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and they will track that raindrop until it''s out of the state. I have no earthy idea how those guys YAK for 5-6 hours straight.

Right now the metro is kinda clear....but after having 3 windshields smashed, my Camry likely to be totalled, siding looking like it''s been gunshot, and probably needing a new roof from the hailstorms on Sunday, I''m kinda in wince mode....

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 7:16:09 PM

28.gif
9.gif
I am indeed incredibly cool, but I''m past the stage of picking up and moving for Hipville. Family, social network, long association, job, on our way to home payoff - hard to throw all that away. However, as mostly center-of-the-road as I and my husband actually are, we do single-handedly move the state from hyper to merely ultra right.
2.gif
(When asked one time by a phone pollster whether he was conservative or liberal, my husband countered with ''By Oklahoma standards, or somewhere else?'' It was a long discussion as you might imagine.)

And yes, I''m watching chaser tornado footage and hook echoes north of me, and storms fire up south. Dry line hanging north and they''re just getting hammered. It''s a storm-chaser''s dream, and a resident''s stressful PITA. And the micro coverage just makes me crazy. ''There''s a RAINDROP IN MCCURTAIN COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'', and they will track that raindrop until it''s out of the state. I have no earthy idea how those guys YAK for 5-6 hours straight.

Right now the metro is kinda clear....but after having 3 windshields smashed, my Camry likely to be totalled, siding looking like it''s been gunshot, and probably needing a new roof from the hailstorms on Sunday, I''m kinda in wince mode....

ME TOOO!!!! I''m in Norman. Earlier tonight we were discussing whether or not we''d get to watch Modern Family or if Rick Mitchell would interrupt our show. Now I''m glued to the the TV, trying to decide if I want to get in my closet or not.

Why do I live here again???

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 8:18:28 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

28.gif
9.gif
2.gif
(When asked one time by a phone pollster whether he was conservative or liberal, my husband countered with ''By Oklahoma standards, or somewhere else?'' It was a long discussion as you might imagine.)

And yes, I''m watching chaser tornado footage and hook echoes north of me, and storms fire up south. Dry line hanging north and they''re just getting hammered. It''s a storm-chaser''s dream, and a resident''s stressful PITA. And the micro coverage just makes me crazy. ''There''s a RAINDROP IN MCCURTAIN COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'', and they will track that raindrop until it''s out of the state. I have no earthy idea how those guys YAK for 5-6 hours straight.

ME TOOO!!!! I''m in Norman. Earlier tonight we were discussing whether or not we''d get to watch Modern Family or if Rick Mitchell would interrupt our show. Now I''m glued to the the TV, trying to decide if I want to get in my closet or not.

Yeah, you guys are just getting hammered right now! Stay safe and I hope you didn''t get caught either of the last two rounds. After 43 years here, I finally got badly nicked....
38.gif
39.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 8:23:15 PM
Date: 5/19/2010 8:18:28 PM

28.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Yeah, you guys are just getting hammered right now! Stay safe and I hope you didn''t get caught either of the last two rounds. After 43 years here, I finally got badly nicked....
38.gif
39.gif

I haven''t had any damage in the last two weeks, but several of my friends have. I''m sorry you got so much damage on Sunday! That was CRAZY!

P.S. You have another "donkey" in Oklahoma, you and your hubs are not alone!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 8:29:57 PM

I haven''t had any damage in the last two weeks, but several of my friends have. I''m sorry you got so much damage on Sunday! That was CRAZY!

P.S. You have another ''donkey'' in Oklahoma, you and your hubs are not alone!
Well, that''s good! Hubs and I don''t feel so isolated then, though we''re certainly outnumbered!
2.gif

Don''t know if you''ve seen this, but it''s been going around...

Gary England Drinking Game

If you played it for real, you''d be plastered in the first 30 minutes!
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today at work I told my front desk mischief partner I felt like my chest was heavy. She said to quit bragging. I said no, I mean chest as in lungs-if I were referring to my chest as in my breasticles, I would say I feel like my chest is saggy and lopsided.
41.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:04:27 PM

Well, that''s good! Hubs and I don''t feel so isolated then, though we''re certainly outnumbered!
2.gif

3.gif

I actually had a professor e-mail this out to us freshman year! Wild. I''ve never played for that exact reason. It does give me a giggle every time they mention "Waterloo Road" and "Pottawatomie County"

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:15:02 PM

2.gif

3.gif

I actually had a professor e-mail this out to us freshman year! Wild. I''ve never played for that exact reason. It does give me a giggle every time they mention ''Waterloo Road'' and ''Pottawatomie County''
I''m so tired of tornadoes! I haven''t tried this game either. I''ve quit drinking since my last outing with OUPeargirl! I''m twice her age and not nearly as able to hold my liquor as I used to be.

I''ve heard "Pottawatomie County" at least a dozen times in the last two hours!!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
lol packrat!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 9:26:59 PM
Author: Uppy

2.gif

3.gif

I actually had a professor e-mail this out to us freshman year! Wild. I''ve never played for that exact reason. It does give me a giggle every time they mention ''Waterloo Road'' and ''Pottawatomie County''
I''m so tired of tornadoes! I haven''t tried this game either. I''ve quit drinking since my last outing with OUPeargirl! I''m twice her age and not nearly as able to hold my liquor as I used to be.

I''ve heard ''Pottawatomie County'' at least a dozen times in the last two hours!!
Well, I''d only ever be able to play it for points or something. I was never able to drink well.
2.gif
I love "Weleetka" and "Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS". I actually remember what that refers to, so it''s pretty funny. Or appalling, that I''m so old enough to remember that. And whatever happened to the "Sickles" part of "Lookeba-Sickles"? I guess Lookeba ate Sickles??
33.gif
2.gif

Uppy, yeah, I''m tired of them too. I''m not scheduled to get a rental until Friday, have NO idea when they''ll ever send an adjuster - and I can''t do anything to my car until the adjuster shows up. We can TRY to get a new windshield for the other car (only liability so out of pocket) on Monday, so then we''ll have 2 drivable vehicles.

A glass place told me that the estimate of cars with glass damage are that are actually undrivable, is between 50 and 60 thousand units. And of course the body damage is pretty nifty too.

I''m actually pretty tired from stress this week....so NO MORE STORMS!!!
38.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 9:26:59 PM
Author: Uppy

2.gif

3.gif

I''ve heard ''Pottawatomie County'' at least a dozen times in the last two hours!!

Uppy, our last meet-up had me feeling pretty foul the next day too!!! I think next time we are going to limit ourselves to ONE bottle of wine!
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m officially flipping out!

Trying to sell stuff on CL before next weekend (because of move) and every potential buyer seems to evaporate into thin air.

Also, in addition to moving the regular stuff. . .I''m transporting THREE fish tanks across a ferry and have to magically set all of them up that same day or my fish will be stuck in little cups overnight freezing without their heaters. Ugh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results