shape
carat
color
clarity

I heard that 7-7-07 was a lucky day--Guess so ''cause I''m Engaged!! Presenting my cushion ering fr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful....and congrats on such a wonderful start to your engagement and life together (7-7-07 is lucky)!!!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really appreciate the comments from the PS family. You all have helped me so much whether directing postings to me or by being very candid in other postings. I don''t think anyone can come to this board and not learn something.

I have been anxious to be able to have an engagement announcement of my own with my own ring pics. I have admired so many gorgeous rings on this site and I am always so excited for those who get their new ring and you can just tell by their postings that they are so excited and happy.

I did want something that was different and could stand on it''s own without a wedding band. I am very happy with the result. Mark at ERD was fabulous! It''s probably good that where he is in NY isn''t local to me or I would have been there every day. I am so jealous of all of you that have met him in person and can go to his business.

I did have a few more pics to post but I am having difficulty. I''ll try to take a few more in the next couple of days and post them. I wanted to have one from every angle. We have had thunderstorms every evening this week so I haven''t been able to get the pretty, sunny outdoor shots since Sunday.

Again, thanks to all!! You are super group of people that makes everyone feel fabulous about their new bling, no matter how big or small the purchase may be. It''s wonderful to be a part of the PS family.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love your ring! and I love cushions! Congratulations!!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:13:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 7/11/2007 11:06:41 PM
Author: dianne

Date: 7/11/2007 10:59:40 PM

Oh my, it is SOOOOO beautiful! Now we HAVE to have a GTG b/c I HAVE to see that beauty in person!
Thank you, Tacori! Yes, we certainly do! We would have a blast!!

You are in Charlotte right? I am sure diamondseeker would be up for it! I can no longer wear my WB but can bring it along
2.gif
Let''s plan something for August!
Right! Would love to do it in August. Hopefully diamondseeker will be up for a meeting, too!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Diane, your ring is so beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:08:45 PM
Author: thing2of2
Wow, it''s beautiful! I love the setting design and the ring looks perfect on you! Congratulations on your ''lucky'' day! (Although your fiance''s the real lucky one...because he snagged you!
2.gif
)

P.S. The picture of you is too cute!
Thank you so much! Now, you know I am going to show this to him, right?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:21:18 PM

Oh my, it is SOOOOO beautiful! Now we HAVE to have a GTG b/c I HAVE to see that beauty in person!

You are in Charlotte right? I am sure diamondseeker would be up for it! I can no longer wear my WB but can bring it along
2.gif
Right! Would love to do it in August. Hopefully diamondseeker will be up for a meeting, too!
36.gif

I''ll be around all month (I think) so just let me know what works well for you (and Diamondseeker if you see this). Are you going to get a wedding band?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:15:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
it looks perfect on you...did you ever say how you came up with the design, very unique but truly stunning...
Thank you, mrssalvo. I actually got the side design from a ring I already had but didn''t want the milgrain. I posted it on here asking for Photoshop help...I''ll see if I can find it. I already knew I wanted a halo but I didn''t like the CAD Mark sent to me from the side view. I asked Mark to lift up the center stone and halo a bit but it was his idea to add the diamonds on the side of the halo, as well. When I saw the new CAD I was like THAT''S IT!!

Curiopotter drew a few gorgeous settings for me, as well, it was very hard to make a decision.

Here''s the link. You responded and will probably remember it .
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photoshop-help-please-so-i-can-make-my-final-decision.59870/

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:28:40 PM

Date: 7/11/2007 11:21:18 PM

2.gif
36.gif

I''ll be around all month (I think) so just let me know what works well for you (and Diamondseeker if you see this). Are you going to get a wedding band?
No wedding band. I don''t know if I''ll change my mind sometime in the future but I wanted something that would stand on it''s own.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it certainly can stand on its own!
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a unique setting! It''s beautiful! It looks like it''s set very low. Can we see a profile shot? Congratulations on your engagement!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
that ring is gorgeous!!! oh how i love those mark t rings!!! keep those pics coming!!
36.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
holy smokes that is gorgeous!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I absolutely love it! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement, Dianne. Wear it in good health and happiness.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Dianne!!! Your ring is gorgeous and you look so happy!!! Enjoy this very special time!!!!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Dianne, your ring is G O R G E O U S !!! Go lucky sevens
2.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:48:44 PM
Author: snlee
What a unique setting! It''s beautiful! It looks like it''s set very low. Can we see a profile shot? Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you, snlee--It is very low so I won''t bang it up. The profile shot was one of the pics I could not get to upload. I did my best to get all the shots and angles that I like to see posted by others and then I had problems getting some of them to post. I will take a few more and try again as soon as I can but I have plans over the next few evenings and it may be the weekend. I will do my best!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
That ring is AMAZING! Mark T does it again! I''m so happy that it turned out so perfectly! Looks wonderful on your hand and you look sublimely happy. Congratulations to you and your FI :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HO LEE MO LEE!!! THAT IS ONE STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL RING!!! congratulations on your engagement and enjoy that beaut!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! The design is so feminine and lovely. Enjoy!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Ring!!!! I love the unique shank!

Congrats on your engagement!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s unique and absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh...how the heck did I miss this thread?!!! You have a beautirful ring!! I love the curved split shank, very unique and stunning. Your ring looks great on you and you look thrilled. Congratulations on your engagement!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 11:19:17 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love your ring! and I love cushions! Congratulations!!!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Profile shot...finally!

ETA: Sits pretty low so I won't bang it up.

Profile4.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Showing colors in the stone...

MimosaAndColors3.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 12:09:55 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
ITS JUST FABULOUS!! What a stunning ring. Oh wow, I love it. Good Lord your stone looks enormous!!
Thank you, SDL! The halo definitely makes it look larger and I adore the look of a halo. I have been asked by 3 different people if it was 2 carats! I just want to throw my head back and laugh hysterically because I can''t imagine I will ever have 2 carats but I fess up and tell them the truth. Then they may just get a little diamond lesson...all they have to do is ask just one little question and I am like a racehorse out of the gate. I just love to talk about diamonds and my poor FI is the only one who even has an idea of what I am talking about. I only know a drop in the bucket to what folks on this board know but I''ll gladly share all I have learned.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been home until later in the evenings since I posted. I feel like I haven''t been properly thanking everyone who has posted well-wishes and comments about my engagement and the ring. Thank you to everyone! This is my first piece of custom jewelry and it was a huge project and I often let it consume me. When I decided to go custom I never new how many decisions had to be made about the tiniest details. There are so many choices, too, and I felt like I needed to consider every one.
23.gif
But, I think it was wonderful training for future custom pieces.
2.gif
I am so flattered by the compliments.

I thought I would also post some of the pics that Mark at ERD sent to me during this design process. It may be helpful for those of you that are designing your first piece. I know how helpful it was when MMM honored my request to post her design process with ERD as it was happening so I could see, step by step, what to expect. Thanks, MMM, for being so kind and taking the time to do that for me.

Here''s 3 pics of the first design I got from Mark/ERD:

ImageFromMark1.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock

ImageFromMark2.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock

ImageFromMark3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results