shape
carat
color
clarity

I heard that 7-7-07 was a lucky day--Guess so ''cause I''m Engaged!! Presenting my cushion ering fr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted the profile to be a little different so I asked Mark to lift up the center stone and halo just a bit.

ImageFromMark4.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Still wanted a little extra something so Mark suggested putting diamonds around the side of the halo. As soon as I saw the next two pics I was like THAT''S IT!! I am so grateful for Mark!

ImageFromMark5.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock

ImageFromMark6.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to be patient but I got a bit anxious and, after about a week, asked Mark for an update and he surprised me with this pic. I was still having a hard time believing it would look delicate...it just seemed bulky. Mark repeatedly told me to trust him and promised it would be delicate-looking. He's a man of his word.

ETA: It was so neat seeing this phase of the ring and seeing my stone again!

ImageFromMark7AlmostFinished.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 10:18:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/13/2007 9:40:01 PM
Author: dianne

Date: 7/12/2007 12:09:55 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
ITS JUST FABULOUS!! What a stunning ring. Oh wow, I love it. Good Lord your stone looks enormous!!
Thank you, SDL! The halo definitely makes it look larger and I adore the look of a halo. I have been asked by 3 different people if it was 2 carats! I just want to throw my head back and laugh hysterically because I can''t imagine I will ever have 2 carats but I fess up and tell them the truth. Then they may just get a little diamond lesson...all they have to do is ask just one little question and I am like a racehorse out of the gate. I just love to talk about diamonds and my poor FI is the only one who even has an idea of what I am talking about. I only know a drop in the bucket to what folks on this board know but I''ll gladly share all I have learned.
This would be my husband as well..

Him: Oh.. look it sparkles..
Me: Yes.. but honey what''s the quality?
Him: Oh.. look it sparkles..
Me:
20.gif
LOL! Well, my FI actually did learn a thing or two...even if forced.
11.gif
He said a coworker at his job is getting divorced and came up to him a couple weeks ago, with his soon-to-be-ex''s ering and said he would make him a good deal. FI said he looked at the ring and asked the guy if it was an emerald cut. He said the guy looked at him kinda funny and said yes. FI said he seemed surprised he knew the cut...LOL! I was so proud
9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Dianne. Your ring is gorgeous. Enjoy it.

15 years is a long time to wait....you must be a very patient woman.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
DIANNE! Congratulations!! I''m sooo happy you finally got the ring design you wanted! I''ve been out of the loop because of school for a little while, but I''m so elated to hear of your engagement!

CONGRATULATIONS! The ring came out beautifully!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dianne, your ring is just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Congrats!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - it''s stunning!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 3:41:45 PM
Author: oshinbreez
Congratulations Dianne. Your ring is gorgeous. Enjoy it.

15 years is a long time to wait....you must be a very patient woman.
patient?...crazy?...in this case I think they go hand in hand...LOL!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 6:54:15 PM
Author: curiopotter
DIANNE! Congratulations!! I''m sooo happy you finally got the ring design you wanted! I''ve been out of the loop because of school for a little while, but I''m so elated to hear of your engagement!

CONGRATULATIONS! The ring came out beautifully!!
Hey Curio--so glad to hear from you! Can you believe it?! I''ll expect to see a posting of your engagement very soon..right?
2.gif
Please do keep us updated on your ering design process. I am so curious to know how it''s going. Thank you so much for creating designs for me when I was just starting to figure out what I wanted. That was so kind of you and I really appreciate it!

Thanks, again, to everyone. You have all been so very nice and I cannot thank all of you enough for your presence on this site and how helpful you have been to me from the stone to the design. Believe me, my FI is VERY grateful for all the PS posters. I''m sure the fact I was able to turn to Pricescope helped him keep his sanity!!

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Your ring is.....drop.....dead.....GORGEOUS!!!! Wear it in happiness and good health.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS, D. Your ring looks beautiful. That is a work of art.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
stunning design - it turned out beautifully! and much deserved after 15 years
1.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i cant believe it''s finished and on your finger!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!
i have been away from pricescope too long!!!
CONGRATS!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I thank everyone so much for the compliments! I love having a sparkly on my finger!! I hope I can''t wear down the platinum from cleaning it too much....LOL! My FI still has to watch me carefully if I am driving because I try to look at my ring more than the road.

MMM--Hey! I can''t believe it''s finished, either. I spent so much time trying to consider every possibility and, now that it''s done, I can sleep at night. I took this ring designing thing wa-a-ay too seriously...lol! I assume you are back from your trip. I hope you had a great time!
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How on earth did I miss this? I noticed it on your avatar and thought, "I don''t remember THAT one!"

It''s beautiful!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, lumpkin
1.gif
I really love the way the ring design turned out. I have been playing around with my avatar and have changed it a few times. I see you have changed yours, as well. I had gotten used to seeing you giving us a festive toast so when I saw your post I thought at first, "Hey, this isn''t lumpkin." Funny how quickly we link the avatar to the poster. I love your quote on your postings, as well. We should all "live well, laugh often, love much". Sums it all up rather nicely, I think.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 10:45:58 PM
Thank you, lumpkin
1.gif
I really love the way the ring design turned out. I have been playing around with my avatar and have changed it a few times. I see you have changed yours, as well. I had gotten used to seeing you giving us a festive toast so when I saw your post I thought at first, ''Hey, this isn''t lumpkin.'' Funny how quickly we link the avatar to the poster. I love your quote on your postings, as well. We should all ''live well, laugh often, love much''. Sums it all up rather nicely, I think.
1.gif

I''m always a little surprised when I see a changed avatar, too. I still think it''s fun to change it up sometimes -- variety is the spice of life.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Dianne,

That is a gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement!!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 8:47:08 PM
Author: ulualoha
Dianne,

Thank you, ulualoha! I am trying to get used to saying Fiance instead of boyfriend....hard change to make.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 9:17:18 PM
Date: 8/22/2007 8:47:08 PM

Author: ulualoha

Dianne,

Thank you, ulualoha! I am trying to get used to saying Fiance instead of boyfriend....hard change to make.

I had to laugh at what you said Dianne as it took me forever to get used to saying Fiance and now that we got hitched I am having trouble remembering to say husband! It''s kind of funny! Enjoy it though...it''s so much fun to giggle at something like that! I am so happy for you!!! I look forward to hearing all your plans for your wedding! Congrats again!

Hugs,
ulualoha
1.gif

Glow

Rough_Rock
That is a stunning e-ring. I have never seen a setting quite like that. Beautiful. Just sublime!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results