shape
carat
color
clarity

I don''t know if I love my ring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:25:07 PM
Author: Bratz_615
1.81 carats too small? yeah, I hear ya. My 18kt gold floors are so cold in the morning geesh! I hate having to put on my 10,000 egyptian thread-count slippers and matching robe. Don''t even get me started about the reception on my platinum-chromed plasma high def lcd liquid 29,000 inch megadocious television.

I kid, I kid. My tv is 52 inches.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Bratz, that comment had me rolling!

To the OP...I don''t know what community you are in, and perhaps compared to your friends, family, etc. a 1.8ct diamond is small. However, compared to the average engagement ring, that stone is a boulder. I''m not sure that you''ll get a whole lot of sympathy for your diamond being "too small" from this group, many of us would give body parts for a stone that large, if we could spare them...then we''d walk around with that 1.8ct held in front of us like the most prized item on earth. Well, I know at least I would.

Yeah. 1.8cts is huge. Its exactly twice the weight of my emerald cut, and most people I know have commented on how large MY diamond looks to them. (it is in a halo, BTW, which helps).

Anyway, congrats on your engagement, and I hope you can find a way to be, or become, happier with the huge investment your fiance has made for you.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is beautiful, I am jealous, I would love to have that ring, it took me 20 years to upgrade from a .18ct to 1.01ct, 1.81ct sounds just about perfect to me
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!!! NEWSFLASH !!!

The OP decided to keep her ring about two pages ago!!!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 10:20:16 PM
Author: VRBeauty

!!! NEWSFLASH !!!

If she thinks it''s small at the start, I don''t think she is going to start thinking what a huge rock that is now. Good thing that she loves it a little better now after all the posts and decides to accept it rather than speak to her FI about how unhappy she is. The new posts will only reaffirm to her that 1.8 is not really that small and complaining to her FI about it is a bad idea.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:04:39 PM
Author:shopgirlee1122
I recently got engaged and am very happy. Except for one thing! Okay I don't mean to sound ungrateful or unappreciative, but my fiance picked out a ring for me. I like everything about it, the cut, the band, but I am just not LOVING it and it makes me so sad. I feel like it is small!!!!! I just always saw myself with a bigger center stone. This is 1.81 carat ...beautiful hearts and arrows, but why do I feel it looks small
7.gif
I know some people must be thinking I am complaining but that's how I feel. Shouldn't a girl LOVE her ring. Check out the pics. Gimme some advice/reassurance please!!!!

I've learned in my relatively short time here not to be judgmental. What you think and how you feel is what matters. What does not matter is how anyone else would feel in your place. What concerns me is not whether your diamond is or isn't small. What concerns me is that you don't know how you feel about it. Edit, I see that you have decided to keep it, I hope that you'll be happy with it. I think being happy with what one has is very important.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Has anybody mentioned the thread that was started a few months back?

I believe it was the "real life perspective" thread in SMTR?

If I knew how to find it and set up the link I would. I had major diamond perspective issues after I found pricescope. Looking at diamonds in close up pictures makes them appear MUCH larger than they really are. That thread was awesome because it let you see what they really look like. It certainly helped me quite a bit.

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Although your ring is beautiful and a wonderful size, a 2 ct. wouldn''t really be that much bigger. In fact if u put it next to the 1.8 there''s very slight difference in size-granted they''re both the same type cut. I have a size 4 finger and my bf and i decided to stay within the 1.5-1.7 carat range. I didn''t want to really try on anything bigger because it probably would''ve looked too clunky on my finger. Your fiance did a wonderful job :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2009 12:17:53 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/25/2009 9:04:44 PM
Author: DaCounselor
Great story vesper. Giant CZ''s, fake Rolex''s, knock-off purses, etc., say an awful lot about someone. I live in SoCal, the epicenter of posers, and the funny thing about the people who sport the fake gear is that they dont'' realize how many people are questioning the legitimacy of their bling. Like the guy who makes $70K/yr but sports a $15K watch. Suuuuure.

As for diamond size, I have always believed to each his and her own. If someone feels a 2 ct rock (or 3 ct, or 4 ct, or...) looks too small, I''m not going to spend a milli-second trying to convince them otherwise. People like what they like.
i don''t make anywhere near $70k,so then my Rolex must be fake??
39.gif
Ah but the Rolex didn''t cost $15k...and maybe you''re retired and used to make 200k per year. And maybe you just love watches. The whole poser thing is people who have "expensive" everything and make much less than they would need to pay for it. Some folks just put their money in the one place/item that is important to them, and they are NOT posers.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP -- You''ve gotten great advise. YOU are the one who needs to be happy please go try on some rings. You probably just don''t know how big a .5 ct, .75 ct, 1ct, 1.5ct, 2ct really is. And spend some time looking around you at regular people''s rings. I know that''s hard if you feel your ring is small it makes theirs look bigger, but that''s where the jewelry store looking helps. I also LOVE what MB says below.

Date: 6/26/2009 2:39:48 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Size is the least important factor when choosing a diamond. A well-cut 25 point diamond that is full of fire and life will always make a poorly cut, dull 5 carat diamond disappear. Look at your diamond under different kinds of lighting. If it flashes every color of the rainbow at you all the time, you have a fine one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP,
Congratulations on keeping your e-ring. I'm like you, I always wanted a gargantuan stone, and it had to be a colored diamond to top it off.
emembarrassed.gif
I have Elizabeth Taylor taste on a beer budget!! LOL!! The fact of the matter is that I'll never get that, so I opted not to wear a permanent e-ring and instead, I just wear several left hand rings depending on my fancy. Most of them are colored gems though, and not diamonds, although I do have some colored diamond rings.

Enjoy your ring and congratulations!! It's stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2009 10:20:16 PM
Author: VRBeauty

!!! NEWSFLASH !!!

Oh, this thread was getting so long, and I started reading backwards to see what the end result was.
36.gif

It truly is beautiful as I said earlier.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking perhaps you can make up a bit of size/sparkle with your wedding band which no doubt you will get a lot of input into? There are some amazing bands on here. In the meanwhile though, your ring is truly beautiful to me and not just in looks but in sentiment also. Your fiance has gone to a beautiful effort for you and I think the sentiment is just so important. I don''t think a girl is actually ever satisfied when it comes to diamonds though, so I say make it up in other pieces.

I hope you can enjoy your stunning ering.

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
(Forgive me for the cross post, but I also put this on the ''real life perspective'' thread.)

After reading this whole thread I started really wondering about The Real Ladies of Pricescope.

I wonder what kind of life she leads since it is so out of my frame of reference. I''m trying not to be judgmental but it absolutely blows my mind to have a 25 year old girl upset that her husband to be ONLY bought her a 1.8 karat ring. Even if they are uber rich.

I would REALLY like to know what kinds of jobs and lives you and your husbands have and how they relate to these fantastic rings. In my head you have to be a millionaire to be able to have a 2+ karat diamond! Maybe it''s too personal of a question? Anyone else wonder about this stuff?

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Hi...I am a 24 year old who owns my own house and am financially stable. It took me almost 2 years after college to land my great job I have now. My bf owns his own company, and makes what I make in a year in 4 months...so this is able to make the ring budget a lot more. He''s 25 years old, but hes worked his butt off to get build his company where it is now, and is still continuing to build it up. So it possible for 20 sometihngs to have larger rings without going into debt. All of my friends and cousins all have either 2ct. or higher rings. I believe their husbands are either engineers/business area.

I was also blessed to have parents who paid for my college tuition and were able to give me my down payment for my townhouse. So I have mortgage payments, but didn''t have to worry about the initial down payment. I was always taught to pay off my credit card every month too so I budget myself. So maybe the people who can afford the 2ct. rings and higher have parents who have helped them out in other areas where they would be able to save?? I know this true to my friends/family...

My bf believes in being financially stable and spending wisely...so he will not spend a ridiculous amount of money on a ring...i even told him its his committment to me that counts and i would wear a CZ! But he feels that isnt right and wants to give me my dream ring...so im very appreciative of this and of him...plus we''re also thinking of our future and future family when the time is right...and thats much more important than a ring in my opinion...

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
Thanks for responding! I''m going to start a new thread.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 11:00:31 AM
Author: CharmCity
(Forgive me for the cross post, but I also put this on the ''real life perspective'' thread.)

After reading this whole thread I started really wondering about The Real Ladies of Pricescope.

I wonder what kind of life she leads since it is so out of my frame of reference. I''m trying not to be judgmental but it absolutely blows my mind to have a 25 year old girl upset that her husband to be ONLY bought her a 1.8 karat ring. Even if they are uber rich.

I would REALLY like to know what kinds of jobs and lives you and your husbands have and how they relate to these fantastic rings. In my head you have to be a millionaire to be able to have a 2+ karat diamond! Maybe it''s too personal of a question? Anyone else wonder about this stuff?
I can certainly relate to the OP''s feeling and concern. As she said, she is used to costume jewelry which is typically humongous and flashy, so a real diamond, no matter how "huge", will appear tiny, relatively speaking. She just needs to recalibrate her mind in diamond sizes. That''s all.

I am new to this forum, so I do not know if I am qualified as a "real lady of Pricescope". Although I do not know enough about the "official" forum ladies and thus cannot speak for them, I expect them to be a wide range of ordinary people with sophiscated taste, just like the ladies in the purse forum, who spend thousands of dollars on a handbag. Are we millionaires or heiresses or ladies with sugar daddies, bfs or dhs? Yes, some percentage. The majority of us, I guess, are ladies who work hard and place priorities on different things than you.

This informative forum is great for research on your dream diamond, whether it be 0.25CW or 10 plus CW. It also provides great viewing pleasure for TDF, out-of-this world eye-candies.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Hello greetings!
Hm your ring is lovely, diamonds fits perfectly to the size of your finger.
It sparkles a lot, icy white, come on...Beyoncé wears a 5 carat diamond, Mariah a Jean Dousset thats soooo expensive but i agree sometimes less is more, perhaps you can change to an halo
31.gif
in one year or two, that makes me remember a thread here, from a girl that received (a non beautiful ER) from her boyfriendand believe me she said the ring has emotional reasons (family...), and for sure I never would wear that ring, but yours is Yummiii
30.gif

Hugs
Monica

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock
I finally got my computer to let me log in! :)

Why not do what Katherine McPhee did with her rings? The huge ring she wore on her right hand when she got married more than made up for her not-insanely-gigantic wedding ring. :)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock

I always wonder about this too! It seems to be VERY taboo on here (asking about money) but I think it''s relevant (especially when someone is asking our opinions). I remember a post a while back from someone who was disappointed in her ring and was asking everyone''s opinion on the situation. Everyone was ragging on her about it. It turned out though that her boyfriend had no problem spending money on HIMSELF (or his CAR etc). The details DO matter I think.......

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 3:37:47 PM
Author: mausketeer

I always wonder about this too! It seems to be VERY taboo on here (asking about money) but I think it''s relevant (especially when someone is asking our opinions). I remember a post a while back from someone who was disappointed in her ring and was asking everyone''s opinion on the situation. Everyone was ragging on her about it. It turned out though that her boyfriend had no problem spending money on HIMSELF (or his CAR etc). The details DO matter I think.......
I think you can read between the lines that if someone wants a bigger stone they can afford it!

I dont know where all the judgement here has come from.

I dont think because someone only has xyz that it is relevant as a benchmark for someone else.

In the same way that I dont judge if someone has 3 carats and wants 5....or if someone keeps changing their stone because they arent happy, I dont judge here. Like, its a diamond website...not a `you need this to live` website.

Diamonds are non essential luxuries. Just as you cant tell someone what house is too extravegant or what car, you cant really get on a high horse because someone has more than you think is fair or reasonable.

Plus, its not just a matter of being a millionaire, some people have much more than this but they arent going to tell on a site because its no ones business.

yardley

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:58:40 PM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 6/30/2009 3:37:47 PM
Author: mausketeer

I think you can read between the lines that if someone wants a bigger stone they can afford it!

I dont know where all the judgement here has come from.

I dont think because someone only has xyz that it is relevant as a benchmark for someone else.

In the same way that I dont judge if someone has 3 carats and wants 5....or if someone keeps changing their stone because they arent happy, I dont judge here. Like, its a diamond website...not a `you need this to live` website.

Diamonds are non essential luxuries. Just as you cant tell someone what house is too extravegant or what car, you cant really get on a high horse because someone has more than you think is fair or reasonable.

Plus, its not just a matter of being a millionaire, some people have much more than this but they arent going to tell on a site because its no ones business.
36.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, OP and the rest of the respondents. I needed a laugh today and this one sent me rolling along merrily. I can see the future of diamond industry: you go up to the counter and order a diamond, and the counter staff asks, "Would you like to upsize that to a 3 carat? It comes wiith a free scope and a polishing cloth."
9.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is beautiful and it is a great size. Maybe a setting change would make you like it more
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

noreen925

Rough_Rock
okay i am back and wanted to tell you all that I LOVE MY RING, I was just being silly and needed to get used to it. I realllllllllllly love it. It''s cut and brilliance and the way it shines is amazing. The size is perfect on my 5.5 finger, I had it re-sized because the 6.25 was way too big and i am just in love with it. I just wanted to come back and tell you all that, I really do love my ring now. I think it just took me time to get used to it, that''s all!!! thanks everyone for all the support :)))

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
that''s GREAT news!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

enjoy it....it''s beautiful!!!
26.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful!! That''s so great!! It probably helped that you had it resized as well and now it fits better!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 7:36:55 PM
Author: shopgirlee1122
okay i am back and wanted to tell you all that I LOVE MY RING, I was just being silly and needed to get used to it. I realllllllllllly love it. It''s cut and brilliance and the way it shines is amazing. The size is perfect on my 5.5 finger, I had it re-sized because the 6.25 was way too big and i am just in love with it. I just wanted to come back and tell you all that, I really do love my ring now. I think it just took me time to get used to it, that''s all!!! thanks everyone for all the support :)))
Fantastic! sometimes when it fits just right, it makes such a big difference in the way it looks and feels. Glad you love it now
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 7:36:55 PM
Author: shopgirlee1122

I''m so glad you do. The ring you got is am absolute stunner (and quite large!!!)
16.gif
16.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif
16.gif
16.gif
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results