shape
carat
color
clarity

I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm so frustrated for you! I was just about to suggest "buy that I AVR and set it in the VanC, it will be gorgeous!" Well, everything does happen for a reason. I hope you stick it out and find another from GOG, or a true antique and have it set in the VanC.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I am so sorry!!! I truly believe that it will work out for you, somehow. We will just have to wait and see what beauty you end up with!!! I know something good will come of this!!!!

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks babynurse and Susan!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry to hear the disappointing news, DS.

Hope you can get another one that makes your heart sing soon.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix|1349586973|3280871 said:
So sorry to hear the disappointing news, DS.

Hope you can get another one that makes your heart sing soon.

Thanks so much, Phoenix! I know you know all too well that it can take a very long time to find the perfect diamond. I just have to be thankful I have one to wear now and see what comes along!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh no DS!! That stinks!! I am so sorry! I know that things will work out for you and you will end up with a gorgeous ring that you adore and all of this will become a distant memory. Hang in there!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock

Oh, DS, I am so sorry. It truly blows to watch a stone for months, fall in love with it, and then have it get snatched up just as you were getting ready to offer it a warm new home. I have been there! But I bet this ends up working in your favor and an even-more-perfect-for-you AVR suddenly pops up. Fingers crossed for you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

whaaaaaaat?? Omg, that is so disappointing! I know how you feel, you've built a 'relationship' with this diamond and in the VC setting then to have that all dashed, ouch, I'm so sorry for you DS! :((

It doesn't make this setback any better, but I also feel that things happen for a reason and maybe there is a better diamond out there, that you just haven't met yet. I hope you find something first thing Monday morning, but if not, I'm confident you WILL find the right one... or... as you say, since its not really gone till its paid for, maybe this will be available and all of this was some karmic test for you to know that *that* was the right stone.... Fingers crossed you get your stone :halo:

(I'm more airy fairy than you'd think, eh?? ;)) )

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that DS! I understand how frustrating that must be....been there done that with other things! I hope a good one comes along for you soon!

D

Deactivated member 42515

DS! How terrible!!! I'm so sorry! I know everyone says this, but I truly believe it happened for a reason. If this one for sure doesn't work out, there is gonna be something even more amazing around the corner! I know it's hard not to be pessimistic at this point and your feelings are down, but it'll be ok! Lots of hugs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS friends are just the best! Thanks yenny, littlesparkle, enerchi, bastecat, and yaytacori! I appreciate your understanding since the rest of the world certainly wouldn't be able to relate!

I know this is a first world problem. :twirl: I am disappointed but I am sure down the road I will find something better and be glad I waited. I am just impatient and wanted a new ring NOW! But patience is something that I have to relearn over and over, it seems!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1349638208|3281088 said:
PS friends are just the best! Thanks yenny, littlesparkle, enerchi, bastecat, and yaytacori! I appreciate your understanding since the rest of the world certainly wouldn't be able to relate!

I know this is a first world problem. :twirl: I am disappointed but I am sure down the road I will find something better and be glad I waited. I am just impatient and wanted a new ring NOW! But patience is something that I have to relearn over and over, it seems!
aw I am sorry, you have a healthy attitude my friend and I am sure a wonderful stone will come up, that was just for you. hugs

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! It's so disappointing! :nono:

You know, this exact same thing happened to me! The diamond I originally wanted sat unsold for at least a year and just as soon as I decided to go for it another buyer swooped down on it. :blackeye: thae happy ending is that I got a much better diamond a few months later. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Skippy!

MyDiamondSparkles...well, then I am sure you can relate! But that is encouraging to hear that you found one you really love! Thanks!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, man. There are a lot of fish in the sea and I'm sure "your" diamond is just waiting inside the rough to get cut. Think of it this way-more time to obsess over settings ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

backwardsandinheels|1349641380|3281117 said:
Oh, man. There are a lot of fish in the sea and I'm sure "your" diamond is just waiting inside the rough to get cut. Think of it this way-more time to obsess over settings ;-)

Haha! I was hoping to end that misery...but apparently not! :lol:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

You are obviously well loved on this forum, and everyone feels for you including me. I, like you and so many others have had the same sort of disappointment. You absolutely will find another diamond that you will love as much, if not more . . . I feel confident of that. Rest assured, everyone will be helping you with the hunt now!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ClassyRocks|1349642291|3281128 said:
You are obviously well loved on this forum, and everyone feels for you including me. I, like you and so many others have had the same sort of disappointment. You absolutely will find another diamond that you will love as much, if not more . . . I feel confident of that. Rest assured, everyone will be helping you with the hunt now!

What a sweet thing to say! Thank you so much, Classy! I am very much enjoying watching your setting journey!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

I understand the impatience of wanting a new ring NOW only too well! But buying a ring can be such a process that I hope losing a much coveted beautiful diamond, simply becomes part of helping you to define what you really want.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock

OH NO!! I'm so sorry this happened....I was SO looking forward to see what you decide on the setting and seeing your ring all finished..
Is it not an option for you to have Jon search for the rough to but into your spec?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Polished...thanks, I hope so, too!

Wintotty....I know! I was so close!!! I think my fear in commissioning a stone to be cut is that I can't control how it turns out! Some of the stones are deeper than I want, some have tables of a more preferable size, etc. Even with the stones he had coming in, the estimate for the rough was H-J color, and they all turned out to be graded J!!! I would have never wasted all that time if I had known they were all J since I had decided that I color was as low as I'd go. I can see J being fine in a large stone like you want, because for some reason color seems more concentrated in a smaller stone to me. It's similar to the AVC's in that they have larger facets and the color just doesn't bother me as much. He has a couple of I color ones over 2 carats but there is such a huge price jump. The 1.8 had a nice spread and was just under 2 cts. So I don't know what I am going to do now. I had just convinced myself that if I can only have two diamonds for rings, it would be the AVR first and an antique cushion second. But now I don't know unless there is a near perfect OEC out there somewhere, and I am not sure I have the energy to look for that needle in a haystack, either. No easy solution!!!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock

I think this has happened to every one of us that has been looking at AVRs or AVCs - at least once! It's just part of the journey!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry to hear this, DS! Is there a chance the sale on the 1.8 won't pan out, and you can get it after all? If not, I know the right diamond for you is out there!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mandasand|1349708798|3281496 said:
I think this has happened to every one of us that has been looking at AVRs or AVCs - at least once! It's just part of the journey!

Ahhh, I had not really thought of that but with the limited supply, I can definitely see how it happens. I just hope there is an eventual end to the journey!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N|1349725943|3281661 said:
I'm so sorry to hear this, DS! Is there a chance the sale on the 1.8 won't pan out, and you can get it after all? If not, I know the right diamond for you is out there!

It was put on hold on Saturday, and they are closed Sunday and Monday, so I would think she'd have to make arrangements to pay on Tuesday or Wed. I suppose there is a chance she could change her mind, but unless she decides to go to another type stone, I am not optimistic since this stone has no other to compete with it.

Thanks, and I do hope there is one out there somewhere!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

That is really a bummer DS. That stone was lovely and it stayed in the inventory for so long and was such a great price for how large it faced up, I couldn't believe that no one jumped on it. I suggested it many times to newbies looking for great stones and no one ever bought it to my surprise...until now. If it is meant to be yours that person will back out and if she buys it then there is another one out there meant for you and better, which probably doesn't help your disappointment at this stage. I feel your pain.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ariel144|1349757018|3281991 said:
That is really a bummer DS. That stone was lovely and it stayed in the inventory for so long and was such a great price for how large it faced up, I couldn't believe that no one jumped on it. I suggested it many times to newbies looking for great stones and no one ever bought it to my surprise...until now. If it is meant to be yours that person will back out and if she buys it then there is another one out there meant for you and better, which probably doesn't help your disappointment at this stage. I feel your pain.

Thanks, Ariel! Today they reopen so if she had a change of mind over the weekend, I guess I will find out! I was momentarily very upset, but really, I do know that things work out for the best!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

DS There are always other diamonds, that is my motto. And I do not think you should compromise on an I color if its not what you want.

As to the broader issue of settign etc... I still am not clear on *why* you are changing your ring, and am not sure you are either :)) . Until you can clerly say what you do not like about your current set, then you can't choose something new that will be just right! Remember that line about history: You need to understand the past and if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1349812352|3282341 said:
DS There are always other diamonds, that is my motto. And I do not think you should compromise on an I color if its not what you want.

As to the broader issue of settign etc... I still am not clear on *why* you are changing your ring, and am not sure you are either :)) . Until you can clerly say what you do not like about your current set, then you can't choose something new that will be just right! Remember that line about history: You need to understand the past and if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.

I was hoping you'd come around because maybe you know of some perfect antique ring somewhere! :naughty:

I love my current ring as much as one could love a MRB. My set is classic Tiffany and that is very comfortable for me. I may keep it unless I find another ring/diamond I like more. BUT I love antique cuts more...yet I won't sacrifice cut quality. I can't do wonky as charming as some may be. That is how I settled on AVR. But I am about to give up on that idea. I do think I can do I color since I probably can't find an antique stone higher than that anyway. I am just afraid the search for an outstanding old stone would be very time consuming and likely frustrating (and not to mention expensive sending stones back and forth).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DS, just wondering if you spoke to Jon today about the stone?

If it is indeed gone, did he have any other suggestions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results