shape
carat
color
clarity

I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!

HI:

Goodness girl--so many decisions!!!! Happy quandry! :love:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1345245523|3253338 said:
You have chosen a beautiful stone, DS! Just gorgeous! I'm sorry you are considering selling your perfect ering, but I completely understand why - it is mesmerizing... those facets... look DEEP into my facets... deep deep .. you are falling in love!!! (now as you say, "drink the koolaid!")

Enjoy and would love to enjoy even MORE pics if you are up to it!

Enerchi, I likely will keep the Vatche e-ring with one of the two ideal cut diamonds. The first diamond is more expensive than the second, so the second one may sell more easily.

I'll see if I can get any other pictures tomorrow! I just don't have any flowers so my backdrops are very limited! I promise to buy flowers if I end up setting this stone in a ring, though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1345246271|3253343 said:
HI:

Goodness girl--so many decisions!!!! Happy quandry! :love:

cheers--Sharon

I know, I know. I am just hoping my hubby doesn't send me to rehab for jewelry addiction! :twirl:

It is funny but when I showed him the diamond he asked if I was keeping it. It is good that I have restraint because he honestly wouldn't care if I did!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1345244930|3253330 said:
Kasey3|1345243398|3253320 said:
wow! that is a beauty! won't one of your stones qualify for a trade in? it would be a shame to have to let that one go.

My first diamond would qualify for trade-in but it is worth so much more than it cost, so the only way to get the full value is to consign. That stone is very perfect for it's kind, so I would rather keep it than sell it far below what it is worth. I did not opt for the trade-in policy on the second stone unfortunately (it was a virtual stone they brought in for me).

Oh-that's too bad. Well I hope that your most recent stone and setting will sell quickly and that you will soon have a ring on your finger that you are truly in love with.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yummy...... Oh my! I look at those all the time...that one is lovely! I hope you keep it! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow DS - you've got a three way dilemma going for sure! Can't wait to see how this all plays out for you but keeping my fingers crossed that it works just the way you want it to!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock

Fascinating to compare the two stones side by side. I hope the project works out for you both financially and emotionally.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everyone! I am sure it will all work out in time! Maybe if I keep a rb and an AVR I can be satisfied and stop changing my rings!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Uhhhhhhhhgh..... That's my moan of pleasure that has escaped my mouth. I WANT an AVR!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll be really interested to see what you do, DS!! It's fantastic that you're able to compare them like this - I can't think of a better way to make sure you make the *right* choice!

Do keep us updated - I'm curious to see how you feel in a few days, after the "new and shiny" wears off a bit and you've had a chance to play with them and start to figure out how you might feel long-term...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YayTacori|1345252971|3253401 said:
Uhhhhhhhhgh..... That's my moan of pleasure that has escaped my mouth. I WANT an AVR!!!

Just look down at the gorgeous ring on your hand and I think you'll be fine!!! :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

diamondseeker2006 said:

Just look down at the gorgeous ring on your hand and I think you'll be fine!!! :love:
But my first love was the AVR but I'm poor :( , or greedy :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YayTacori|1345256694|3253435 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:

Well cut old or new OEC styles are HARD to find, so you are very fortunate to have found a great one!

D

Deactivated member 42515

diamondseeker2006 said:
YayTacori|1345256694|3253435 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:

Well cut old or new OEC styles are HARD to find, so you are very fortunate to have found a great one!
Aww shucks :) thanks.
I will just live vicariously thru you. You gotta keep it!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1345253360|3253402 said:
I'll be really interested to see what you do, DS!! It's fantastic that you're able to compare them like this - I can't think of a better way to make sure you make the *right* choice!

Do keep us updated - I'm curious to see how you feel in a few days, after the "new and shiny" wears off a bit and you've had a chance to play with them and start to figure out how you might feel long-term...

Yssie, I do wish I could have just gone to GOG to see them, but I felt like that was risky when I haven't sold a diamond yet! I might have seen too many diamonds that I liked! That would be the ideal, though!

I will try to update. I think deciding if this is the right color will be the biggest decision, but I think it will be fine if I put it in the antique style setting.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

DS that is such a gorgeous stone :love: :love: :love: and set in a Beaudry setting, Wow! I'll be watching this thread for sure!
Can't wait to see what your decision is. Very excited for you!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1345257065|3253443 said:
Yssie|1345253360|3253402 said:

Yssie, I do wish I could have just gone to GOG to see them, but I felt like that was risky when I haven't sold a diamond yet! I might have seen too many diamonds that I liked! That would be the ideal, though!

I will try to update. I think deciding if this is the right color will be the biggest decision, but I think it will be fine if I put it in the antique style setting.

First let me say....SQUEEEEEEE!!! :o :appl: :love: I love it!!! I'm so very happy for you. Great hubby indeed!! You've been wanting to do this for so very long now! Yssie makes sense though, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts in a couple of days. My first thought, was 'Wow, she got an I!' I'm not color sensitive, but I know you are and I imagine that antique cut or not, this must be very different for you. Of course I haven't seen one IRL so I'm not sure if they hold body color similarly to MRB's or not, so it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on that too. I know how much you love this cut, but you seem like such a ideal RB girl to me that I can't see you completely content without having maybe one of each... :naughty: I'm just so excited that this is becoming a reality for you! :appl: BTW, if we both left right now, we would probably meet at GOG at the same time, just about when the doors open tomorrow morning....whaddaya say? wanna? :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Christina...|1345260070|3253458 said:
First let me say....SQUEEEEEEE!!! :o :appl: :love: I love it!!! I'm so very happy for you. Great hubby indeed!! You've been wanting to do this for so very long now! Yssie makes sense though, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts in a couple of days. My first thought, was 'Wow, she got an I!' I'm not color sensitive, but I know you are and I imagine that antique cut or not, this must be very different for you. Of course I haven't seen one IRL so I'm not sure if they hold body color similarly to MRB's or not, so it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on that too. I know how much you love this cut, but you seem like such a ideal RB girl to me that I can't see you completely content without having maybe one of each... :naughty: I'm just so excited that this is becoming a reality for you! :appl: BTW, if we both left right now, we would probably meet at GOG at the same time, just about when the doors open tomorrow morning....whaddaya say? wanna? :lol:

Oh, now that would be very fun, Christina!!! Wish we could!!! And in a way, you are right that I like both the Tiffany classic styles and antique styles, so it would be hard for me to settle for one or the other. Somehow I have worked this out so my husband doesn't seem to care if I have two diamond rings, so I may go for it! :twirl:

I really needed to see an I color to know what my tolerance is. My first diamond was F color and the upgrades were G, so it is an adjustment to go to I color for sure. The setting I would put this one in has a basket, so really you wouldn't have to worry about seeing any tint from the side.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Those pics are amazing, love that stone! :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

DS - I think I'd agree with your restraint at not going in to GOG to view in person! I'd find it WAAAAYYYY too tempting in there! I could just hear my DH -- "HANDS UP! - step away from the credit card" . You always have such amazing fortune at finding the RIGHT stone and setting (of course, it does require hours and hours of research) but what ever you decide, it always looks amazing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful, DS!!! The AVR's are so precise, in the larger sizes those big facets are so visually amazing!!
Are you going to sell your new sapphire ring? I surely hope not! MRB first...hehe.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Oh yummy stone!!! :cheeky:

Good luck with your decision!!

Cachette :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mara|1345303940|3253586 said:
It's beautiful, DS!!! The AVR's are so precise, in the larger sizes those big facets are so visually amazing!!
Are you going to sell your new sapphire ring? I surely hope not! MRB first...hehe.

Noooo, I am keeping the Beaudry sapphire ring (I just got Victor to make me matching earrings!) and I am looking at a couple other Beaudry settings.

I am following in your and Dreamer's footsteps and trying to sell a MRB!!!!! I am in love with the big facets...the bigger the better! :love: (I may have caught that disease from you and Dreamer, too! :lol: )

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock

Ohhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I think the 'I' colour is just perfect especially for a vintage kinda setting but I still think it would be equally fabulous in a more classic setting, now the setting head ache starts! I find with my 'lower colour' AVC, these things are sooo well cut ys so and bright you are really not noticing the colour but more how the colour changes but the stone is always so fiery , its always the fire you notice first if you know what I mean...enjoy your new project!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1345260909|3253465 said:
Christina...|1345260070|3253458 said:

Oh, now that would be very fun, Christina!!! Wish we could!!! And in a way, you are right that I like both the Tiffany classic styles and antique styles, so it would be hard for me to settle for one or the other. Somehow I have worked this out so my husband doesn't seem to care if I have two diamond rings, so I may go for it! :twirl:

I really needed to see an I color to know what my tolerance is. My first diamond was F color and the upgrades were G, so it is an adjustment to go to I color for sure. The setting I would put this one in has a basket, so really you wouldn't have to worry about seeing any tint from the side.

Opps! I got so excited for you when I was reading your initial post that I skipped straight to the GOG link for details and missed that this particular stone was a G. SO, now I understand...you haven't seen the I! I think that since you are keeping one of the MRB, that you should totally consider the I AVR. For me personally the lower color of a antique cut gives it the charm and romanticism that so many people are drawn to. You would have an excellent and beautiful examples of each cut and be able to appreciate the unique beauty that each has. If this were to be your only ering though, I'm not sure that you could be happy with a lower color, but in this case, I think the lower color is what makes an AVR so spectacular.

I agree that the basket of the setting would help hide the body color. With my I asscher I could only see body color from the side in some lighting situations and it never bothered me, but that was set in an open head and a view of the pavilion was clear. My J RB has apparent body color from this angle in more light environments and if I hadn't be so pleased with the LP then I would have returned it, and I don't consider myself particularly color sensitive. But, I think that I could really love a lower colored KL old cut, in fact it's on my project list right after my re-set! :))

I think that you posted your new Beaudry setting for a posters a short time back. Am I wrong? I vaguely remember you saying that you took advantage of a sale at pearlmans and that was how you ended up with your sapphire, but that you also picked up this other setting for a future project? I tried to go back and find the thread, but gave up knowing I'd never find it. If I'm correct, I remember thinking that it was gorgeous, though I can't remember the details.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts. My grandmother gave me her original ering last weekend,sans diamond. She kept the original stone and had it set along side her upgrade many years ago. So, I'll be searching for a replacement stone very soon and thought that an AVR would be a great place to begin that search.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

novicediamond|1345315898|3253650 said:
Ohhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I think the 'I' colour is just perfect especially for a vintage kinda setting but I still think it would be equally fabulous in a more classic setting, now the setting head ache starts! I find with my 'lower colour' AVC, these things are sooo well cut ys so and bright you are really not noticing the colour but more how the colour changes but the stone is always so fiery , its always the fire you notice first if you know what I mean...enjoy your new project!

I think you are right! Lucky you to have an AVC...I'd love to have one of those, too!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Christina...|1345317219|3253657 said:
Opps! I got so excited for you when I was reading your initial post that I skipped straight to the GOG link for details and missed that this particular stone was a G. SO, now I understand...you haven't seen the I! I think that since you are keeping one of the MRB, that you should totally consider the I AVR. For me personally the lower color of a antique cut gives it the charm and romanticism that so many people are drawn to. You would have an excellent and beautiful examples of each cut and be able to appreciate the unique beauty that each has. If this were to be your only ering though, I'm not sure that you could be happy with a lower color, but in this case, I think the lower color is what makes an AVR so spectacular.

I agree that the basket of the setting would help hide the body color. With my I asscher I could only see body color from the side in some lighting situations and it never bothered me, but that was set in an open head and a view of the pavilion was clear. My J RB has apparent body color from this angle in more light environments and if I hadn't be so pleased with the LP then I would have returned it, and I don't consider myself particularly color sensitive. But, I think that I could really love a lower colored KL old cut, in fact it's on my project list right after my re-set! :))

I think that you posted your new Beaudry setting for a posters a short time back. Am I wrong? I vaguely remember you saying that you took advantage of a sale at pearlmans and that was how you ended up with your sapphire, but that you also picked up this other setting for a future project? I tried to go back and find the thread, but gave up knowing I'd never find it. If I'm correct, I remember thinking that it was gorgeous, though I can't remember the details.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts. My grandmother gave me her original ering last weekend,sans diamond. She kept the original stone and had it set along side her upgrade many years ago. So, I'll be searching for a replacement stone very soon and thought that an AVR would be a great place to begin that search.

I am sorry I am so unclear! Probably because of my excitement yesterday! My round brilliants are G color. The AVR is I color. I do really love it and the color probably is fine because I'd put it in an antique style setting.

I do not think I have posted the other Beaudry ring. The sapphire went in a Beaudry ring. I always liked Beaudry settings but they were way too expensive. Pearlman's was discontinuing carrying the line, so they started marking them down late last year. Latest prices are 80% off retail!!! Of course, retail prices were CRAZY, but still, 80% off is definitely less than I could have a similar setting made for!

I think it would be wonderful to put an AVR or old cut stone in your grandmother's ring! I have my dad's mothers ring also without a stone, but a long time ago I just had a light blue topaz put in it because at the time I didn't want to spend the money for a diamond! It is yg and I haven't been wearing yg, but I still think about having a diamond put in it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1345236354|3253274 said:
Laila619|1345235320|3253265 said:
Oh, that is SO gorgeous!!!

Is this baby yours, or not yet? Just to clarify, you're waiting to buy it until you sell a different one of your rings first?

Look about 4 of my posts up and I explain that. But yes, I have two diamonds and need to sell one!
i'd keep both... ;)) :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1345334706|3253746 said:
diamondseeker2006|1345236354|3253274 said:
Laila619|1345235320|3253265 said:
Oh, that is SO gorgeous!!!

Is this baby yours, or not yet? Just to clarify, you're waiting to buy it until you sell a different one of your rings first?

Look about 4 of my posts up and I explain that. But yes, I have two diamonds and need to sell one!
i'd keep both... ;)) :love:

DF, I have 2 round brilliants almost the same size so I want to sell one and buy an AVR!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

That's a beauty! I hope you get one of your others sold quickly so you can have one of each! YUM!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results