shape
carat
color
clarity

Humour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I like Ephemery1''s anwser of self-indulgent......I just find myself so darn funny, more often because I''m doing something stupid!.....Often times I work by myself, so I''m always looking for ways to amuse myself, and find it just about anywhere in anything.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two pages, and no one''s cracked a joke aside from MiraclesRules (including yours truly). C''mon!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Humor so rarely survives analysis ... but I''ll play anyway. I guess I like silly, visual, uncomfortable truths, found comedy & wacky/cerebral. I''d lean more towards Conan than Letterman these days, Amy Sedaris, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, old Steve Martin, old Albert Brooks, Robert Smigel, Demitri Martin, This Is Spinal Tap, The Office (both BBC & NBC ... after 1st 6 episodes), 30 Rock, Borat, Swingers, Mr. Show, Viva Variety!, Flight of the Conchords ....

Or maybe, just maybe it could it be summed up by:

Fave SNL Sketch -- MALE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMERS ("I''m not a strong swimmer")
2nd Fave SNL Sketch -- CHESS FOR GIRLS ("Shhhhh you''ll wake the baby")

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 5:16:41 PM
Author: Harriet
Two pages, and no one''s cracked a joke aside from MiraclesRules (including yours truly). C''mon!
9.gif
That''s because most of my jokes wouldn''t survive the profanity meter here...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Witty with a sharp tongue. I''ll cut ya with my wit before you can say scaalamoosh
11.gif
. It is not often that I let a comeback get away...

As with Harriet, I can be just plain WRONG, but a little bat of the lashes and a sweet aries smile all is forgiven.
31.gif

10.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I love Spinal Tap. I also loved the other spoofs he did, like A Mighty Wind and Best in Show. I love those types of movies that are not out for the big laugh but build to things subtly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2008 10:26:38 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/7/2008 1:12:45 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/6/2008 10:09:14 PM
Author: KimberlyH
My answer about myself is silly. I asked my husband and he said ''family oriented and silly, until you take the blue bill [he means the third week of my BC pills] and then you get very sarcastic.'' This had me laughing outloud (I told you I have a silly sense of humour, but I start the blue pills tomorrow, so watch out).
wait until hubby takes the ''blue pills''
wthisthis.gif
Ha ha ha, what happens when you take the blue pills, DF?
nothing....too far gone for the blue pill to work.
39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 6:14:15 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Witty with a sharp tongue. I''ll cut ya with my wit before you can say scaalamoosh
11.gif
. It is not often that I let a comeback get away...

As with Harriet, I can be just plain WRONG, but a little bat of the lashes and a sweet aries smile all is forgiven.
31.gif

10.gif
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 5:03:23 PM

Date: 7/5/2008 11:52:45 PM
Author: Miranda
Walter the Farting Dog?
12.gif
9.gif
Sounds like you have my mom''s literary collection. After two daughters my parents finally got their beloved boy in the form of a grandson. Having had only girls they had no idea what boys would like. They proceeded to buy every yucky (albeit hilarious) book known to man because, "Isn''t that what boys like?"

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you honestly tell me you don''t find it funny?
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s hysterical! I cannot even get through it. Have you read the Everyone Poops series?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not only have I read it, I own it. In my defence, it was a gift.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Yeah, it was a gift for me too. My mother thought it would be a fabulous potty training aid for DS.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 5:06:31 AM
Author: Gemma12

Date: 7/6/2008 9:36:58 PM
Author: katebar
I love a dry sense of humour I hate slap stick and really jokey type humour.
I adore the Office both versions
I love Ricky Gervais his Extras is hilarious and his podcasts and stand up are hysterical
Love Little Britain even though I can be offended by it eg Sebastian and the breast feeding mother and Bitty
6.gif

Used to love the Young Ones
Kath and Kim (look out America you are about to get this with Molly someone and Selma Blair playing the characters don''t know if it will translate well.)
A show on Aussie TV which is current affair satire the Chasers War on everything is a hoot and very politically incorrect
Loved Monty Python
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
Faves French and Saunders
Vicar of Dibly
I guess I *get* English humour as does most Aussies + I am married to a very dry Devon man from the South of England
9.gif
Oh and I laugh out loud at zane cook too
Love Prairie Home Companion years ago oh and of course the Simpsons
36.gif
36.gif
Kate, I think we were twins separated at birth
2.gif
...at least humour wise!!

Have you seen Arrested Development? I lurve it. ''The jury''s still out on science''. I can''t imagine a US version of Kath and Kim-do you think Selma Blair will admit to being an ''effluent foxy moron''??

So, I have an aridly dry sense of humour-I do find that sometimes people don''t realise I''m joking so I''m sure there are people that I''ve worked with who think the jury is still out on Gemma! Plus it doesn''t translate to the internet well so I have to be careful... There is not a smiley to indicate sarcasm-is there??

On the snappy comeback question-sometimes I''ve comeback with something that I wish later I''d kept to myself-so it can be a double-edged sword. Plus if you dole out the snappy comebacks you have to be willing to laugh when someone does it to you
11.gif
!
Gemma I think that a lot of Aussies share the same humour hence how K &K and the Chaser boys rate so well!
I haven''t seen Arrested Development yet but my sis raves about it. My husband and I are always slow on getting onto these shows we only discovered Seinfeld years after everybody else but I will check it out.
K & K in the US not sure but then I didn''t think the office would work and I love this as well as the orginal. I don''t know if the saying of K & K will translate who could forget Kim and the Cardonay and the "Chardonnay you pack of chunts" comment
6.gif
Thanks whoever mentioned Spinaltap this is my favourite movie and I loved Best in Show Waiting for Guffman A might Wind and of course Borat!!!! I think I just love those mockumentary sort of comedies
41.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 4:54:44 PM

Date: 7/6/2008 9:36:58 PM
I love a dry sense of humour I hate slap stick and really jokey type humour.
I adore the Office both versions
I love Ricky Gervais his Extras is hilarious and his podcasts and stand up are hysterical
Love Little Britain even though I can be offended by it eg Sebastian and the breast feeding mother and Bitty
6.gif

Used to love the Young Ones
Kath and Kim (look out America you are about to get this with Molly someone and Selma Blair playing the characters don''t know if it will translate well.)
A show on Aussie TV which is current affair satire the Chasers War on everything is a hoot and very politically incorrect
Loved Monty Python
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
Faves French and Saunders
Vicar of Dibly
I guess I *get* English humour as does most Aussies + I am married to a very dry Devon man from the South of England
9.gif
Oh and I laugh out loud at zane cook too
Love Prairie Home Companion years ago oh and of course the Simpsons
36.gif
36.gif
I like it in small doses. I saw the trailer for the American version and am not sure if it''ll translate well.
Is Aussie TV still screening re-runs of the British ''Carry On'' series? Bawdy, but absolutely hilarious.
Oh off to look on Youtube for that harriet.
Not sure we are showing the Carry on here. Not my taste a little too double entredre for me
32.gif
. Its weird that I can laugh at the totally in your face sort of stuff a la little Britain but the Benny Hill Carry on stuff just is too much for me!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sense of humor......hmmm....a bit sarcastic, snarky, sardonic, hyperbole-filled (which is helpful when working with someone who doesn''t know you well, usually they get that you didn''t actually wait for 60,000 years in line, or somesuch), and filled with as many witty puns and wordplays I can work in. The scathing riposte is a necessity in my house and in my friends. The DH is much better at the drily delivered visciously witty yet subtle throw-away one-liner, usually filled with spot-on historical references. He can reduce me to a quivering little puddle of laughs sometimes.

I love Eddie Izzard, and the witty and literary lyrics of Sting, (his counter-melody lyrics in "St. Augustine In Hell" are just a wonderfully wicked little thing when you finally pick them out, but it helps to know a bit of Augustine beforehand.)

Loved "Dodgeball", which was far snarkier than I thought it would be. Loved "Lake Placid". It was hilarious with a wide-eyed, foul-mouthed Betty White, and Brendan Gleeson so breathtakingly sarcastic I just about died laughing. When Oliver Platt''s character finds the rotting big toe of a guy who''s been eaten, he holds it up to Gleeson, and asks with totally false solicitousness, "Was this your friend.......?". Without blinking, Gleeson stares right back and with unflappable calm and equally false earnestness, says, "He seemed...taller." I thought my sides would bust...

I also love political cartoons.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Arrested Development is funny, I also recommend Boston Legal show here really late at night but I find it hilarious.

I never really got into Kath and Kim, I have seen but I think I saw it too late by that time it got very commercial. I like quite a bit of Brit humour, like Black Adder, Red Dwarf, The Young Ones and a lot more I can''t remember.

katebar If you like Little Britain you MAY like League of Gentlemen personally I think it is a little disturbing but it does have it''s funny bits, FF thinks it is hilarious.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 10:09:57 PM
Oh off to look on Youtube for that harriet.
Not sure we are showing the Carry on here. Not my taste a little too double entredre for me
32.gif
. Its weird that I can laugh at the totally in your face sort of stuff a la little Britain but the Benny Hill Carry on stuff just is too much for me!
I hate the Benny Hill show, but the Carry On series has me rolling on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results