shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of earrings do you actually wear?

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
How many different pairs of earrings do you actually wear?
I'm new to earrings and may be going a bit overboard in my acquisitions.
I just got my diamond studs from Whiteflash and am having 20mm 1CTW hoops made.
I thought I was done except my local jeweller, in response to my request for a quote on the hoops, gave me an amazing, can't beat it price for slightly smaller (15mm), 0.5 ctw hoops.
But will I really wear 2 different pairs of hoops? Am I overdoing it?

Tell me about your earrings wardrobe.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, that's coming from a person who can only wear one earring on each ear, and have just made enquiries about yet another pair of earrings.

I have an earring wardrobe to suit all occasions from very casual to very formal.

I cannot get enough of earrings, or just blings in general! :lol-2:

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have about two dozen pairs of earrings. I usually get on a kick of wearing one pair for a while, then switch to another for a while, most often pearl or CZ studs. I wear more elaborate earrings for going out. I wear most of them, at least once in a while.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually wear my 3 carat studs...but will change off to my smaller diamond bezel pair, Princess diamond halos, and lever back diamond halos. I rarely wear my diamond huggie hoops and lever back diamond and sapphire halos. I also have some gemstone ones...I love my earring jackets which were meant for my smaller studs and the gemstone studs...I just don’t have the occasion to wear them because they are large In diameter for me..
I also have various pretty moissanite studs. I very rarely wear them...I need to start selling stuff!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5-6 pairs I wear often. And then a few that I wear less frequently.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I wear five or six in rotation.
Not sure if extra hoops are overkill, but if they look similar and are basically interchangeable, I would be inclined to save the money.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, also 5 or 6 in daily rotation. Plus I have another 5 or 6 for specific occasions. But that’s it, I’m now done and won’t be buying any more!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many. :lol:
But I adore all of them. ❤️

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably 10 good pairs and some rarely get worn.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yanno, I really love plain gold hoops. I could have many many pairs of all shapes and sizes.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a thread you might find interesting. PSers sharing some of their earrings. You can see many of us have more than a few pairs. Variety is the spice of life. ❤️

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my pearl studs and diamond studs regularly. If I am feeling fancy I will wear silver floral earrings or diamond huggies. I have two more pairs on my wishlist.

If there is quite a noticeable size difference in your diamond hoops, then yes, I think it might make sense to have both sizes. I would wear the smaller pair more regularly and keep the larger pair for "going out".

lookingforsparkle

Shiny_Rock
My entire earring collection is about a dozen pair, but I wear my diamond studs most of the time. I'm trying to branch out and wear others more often.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go through phases. I have 3 pairs on current rotation. A pair of diamond small hoops, the garnet and diamond earrings I bought of a PSer and the aquamarine earrings that came with the ring.
I have a lovely pair of big diamond studs but I was worried about losing them so I had them made as screw on. Apart from the annoying fiddling trying to get the back onto the post, they are wider or something (maybe is the screw lines) and anytime I wear them they irritate my ears after a few hours so I barely wear them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have about 10-12 nice pairs of earrings. I wear diamond studs or white gold hoops about 95% of the time. The others are worn on occasion. Some rarely, some once a month.

In my opinion, if you have the 20mm pair, you'll likely never wear the 15mm pair. I personally would not get the smaller ones. I'd save the money and get another style later, if you wanted more.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wear plain tiny hoops (I think they're commonly called "sleepers") nearly all the time. If it's a special occasion, I'll put in my diamond studs, but there is no way that I will sleep in them. Honestly, nice earrings are wasted on me!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings are... My downfalls. I just can’t resist them! I have more than I will ever wear regularly - I force myself to cycle them so that they all get some use.

I would definitely wait til the first hoops come in, and you find out what your wear habits are - if you find yourself wanting a smaller pair I’m sure your jeweller would be happy to give you a great price at that time! ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im too sad
i have so many earings
I worked in close proximity to a nice mall that sold all different price points of earings
I used to walk through the mall on the way home

i have lots of faux and also silver and then nicer quality (all be it the mall jewler)

but for a few years now i just wear some silver sleepers
and some of my holes have closed up

i recently scraped most of my gold ones because i just wasn't wearing them and the style just wasn't me any more

i like to have a colour matching stud for the other holes - just a gemstone stud or a silver/gold stud

i have diamond ones ive never worn
I gotta start making an effort again

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear one pair of earrings with a pendant and bracelet for about one to two weeks, then change them out for a while new set.
I do the same things with my bags.
I use one bag for about two weeks and then change it out.
This way everything gets worn and I don’t feel like they are just sitting in the closet collecting dust.
The only ones I haven’t worn a lot are my studs bc I prefer more design and my studs are just plain.

Too many lol. I do try and get some wear out of all of them though. But I try to not get earrings that are TOO similar. To me the two pairs of hoops sound too similar for me to get both. I would be more inclined to do a pair of oval hoops and a pair of round huggies, in different colours, so I would reach for both.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one. I buy a pair I LOVE and I wear them 95% of the time. Then I get bored of them and move on. I'm a serial monogamist.

I'm such a nice guy that I'll take all your exes off your hands.

... and I don't even live in Texas ... or in Tennessee. ;))

548.png

Last edited:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have about 60 pairs of costume and silver earrings, and wear 30 of them on a frequent basis. I only have about 10 pairs in gold. Having 2 piercings means I always have some kind of stud along with a dangle. Hoops look very different depending on diameter. So.... if the price is right...

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I have 8 pair as I have two holes in each ear.

3 pair of diamond studs
1 pair of pearl studs
2 pair of gold balls
1 pair diamond butterfly
1 pair of gold hoops

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have about 60 pairs of costume and silver earrings, and wear 30 of them on a frequent basis. I only have about 10 pairs in gold. Having 2 piercings means I always have some kind of stud along with a dangle. Hoops look very different depending on diameter. So.... if the price is right...

Now this is more like it !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My small diamond studs 98% of the time, as usually only take them out to clean.

I have a larger pair of studs that I occasionally pull out, and a pair of antique drops on gold wire that I absolutely love & wear occasionally.

I have other pairs, but they only make the cut for weddings etc & haven't seen the light of day for years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results