shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of earrings do you actually wear?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I have more pairs than I can remember......probably 50 pairs including pearls of all colours & sizes, many moissy earings both studs & dangles coloured stone earrings studs dangles & hoops, turquoise studs 5 pairs assorted shapes, gold studs in different shapes, plus many silver earrings including studs & dangles amber dangles & probably many more lurking at the bottom of my jewellery chest=)2

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I have 8 pair as I have two holes in each ear.

3 pair of diamond studs
1 pair of pearl studs
2 pair of gold balls
1 pair diamond butterfly
1 pair of gold hoops

I wear either my wg 1.10 ctw or my Yg .80 ctw In my second hole always. I then wear either my 3.4 ctw studs or yg diamond butterfly studs In first hole about 90% of the time. The others I rarely wear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 sets of hoops (each different metal color), 5 pairs of formal earrings (representing 3 different metal colors), 2 pairs of pearls - very different sizes (casual and more dressy), and 3 pairs of fun earrings - 2 of which are comprised of my diamond studs with drops. I also have jackets for my diamond studs, so that probably represents a different pair / look.

So - 14 in total. And I wear all of them regularly.

I love them all dearly, have exactly what I wanted (after MUCH trial and error!), and will never sell any of them. I intend to get one more pair - Christmas earrings in the shape of snowflakes - then that's it.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I have about 20 pairs of earrings in my daily rotation plus a few fashion earrings for when the mood strikes. I rarely wear the same pair several days in a row.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I do have two extra sets of teeny diamond studs and teeny huggies that I wear sometimes when I want to look extra sparkly! I have three holes in each ear and also a cartilage piercing- got all those as a teen but transitioned to just wearing a single set most of the time once I was in my mid-20s. The curated ear trend has come back in the past few years and I’ve been using the holes again after a decade and a half :lol-2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably have more than 50 pairs of earrings but I mostly wear the ones that are all diamond or 1 diamond and sapphire. I think I have about 10 that I rotate. Most days I don't wear any since I am home. If I go out to a store I deck out in all the bling.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm such a nice guy that I'll take all your exes off your hands.

... and I don't even live in Texas ... or in Tennessee. ;))

548.png

:lol: I got bored of a pair and just repurposed them. Sorry!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daily— my studs.

Fancy— my BG jackets with various stud inserts

Black tie— 2 different pair of super fancy drop earrings

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't counted, but if I include Swarovski earrings, costume earrings, silver earrings, and fine-jewelry earrings, I wouldn't be surprised if I had 100 pairs. I do make an effort to rotate them.

It's easy to feel bad about having so many pairs, but then I figure that I do really like them all, from the most humble to the most expensive, and since I'm only in my mid-forties I'll (hopefully) have many years left to enjoy them. I don't really buy jewelry anymore, because every time I see something I like, I realize that I have something similar! And I feel I'm done with the big purchases. I have enough. (ETA: And it doesn't help that prices at Tiffany, Cartier, and even Blue Nile have soared in recent years. A couple of years ago, I bought a lovely little diamond pendant in the shape of a dove from BN, and now it's double what I paid for it. $695 now for 14 points of I1 diamonds! I'm glad I bought most of my jewelry before these price rises, and before BN started charging sales tax!)

My collection probably seems excessive, but I really like having such a variety to choose from. There really is something for every outfit, mood, and occasion. I even have appropriate earrings for if I ever stay in an ice hotel or visit ice caves inside a glacier! (Swarovski drop earrings that look like big ice chips.)

I ran out of jewelry budget before I ran out of jewelry desire, and that's when I discovered Swarovski jewelry. Honestly, that stuff is gorgeous, and some of the designs are so beautiful. It satisfies my most intense desires for something enormous and super-sparkly!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't counted, but if I include Swarovski earrings, costume earrings, silver earrings, and fine-jewelry earrings, I wouldn't be surprised if I had 100 pairs. I do make an effort to rotate them.

It's easy to feel bad about having so many pairs, but then I figure that I do really like them all, from the most humble to the most expensive, and since I'm only in my mid-forties I'll (hopefully) have many years left to enjoy them. I don't really buy jewelry anymore, because every time I see something I like, I realize that I have something similar! And I feel I'm done with the big purchases. I have enough. (ETA: And it doesn't help that prices at Tiffany, Cartier, and even Blue Nile have soared in recent years. A couple of years ago, I bought a lovely little diamond pendant in the shape of a dove from BN, and now it's double what I paid for it. $695 now for 14 points of I1 diamonds! I'm glad I bought most of my jewelry before these price rises, and before BN started charging sales tax!)

My collection probably seems excessive, but I really like having such a variety to choose from. There really is something for every outfit, mood, and occasion. I even have appropriate earrings for if I ever stay in an ice hotel or visit ice caves inside a glacier! (Swarovski drop earrings that look like big ice chips.)

I ran out of jewelry budget before I ran out of jewelry desire, and that's when I discovered Swarovski jewelry. Honestly, that stuff is gorgeous, and some of the designs are so beautiful. It satisfies my most intense desires for something enormous and super-sparkly!

We need to see some of these Swarovski beauties
You should start a thread over at fabouse fashion jewlery

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will! I know it isn't real jewelry, but I have a glittering collection! I love the fact that all Swarovski is made in Austria at their HQ in the mountains, using fresh mountain water. I like the thought that I'm wearing Tyrolean mountain water around my neck. (Because Swarovski is a type of glass - lead crystal - and water is a big part of all glass.)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisys and Diamonds, you are in New Zealand and I am in America, and we are 18 hours apart, yet we're chatting to each other in real time. Isn't that amazing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daily— my studs.

Fancy— my BG jackets with various stud inserts

Black tie— 2 different pair of super fancy drop earrings

@whitewave -

When your new knees feel up to it, would you care to share some photos of the fancy drop earrings? I can't recall seeing them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -

When your new knees feel up to it, would you care to share some photos of the fancy drop earrings? I can't recall seeing them.

Sure, I’m resting my knees right now and it’s terribly overcast and bleh outside (sleeting currently in Louisiana lol).. so the photos won’t be amazing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisys and Diamonds, you are in New Zealand and I am in America, and we are 18 hours apart, yet we're chatting to each other in real time. Isn't that amazing?

The internet is the best thing ever=)2

sorry i was away reheating my American recepie cimamon rolls for breakfast
i hope you and yours are all keeping safe and well
I love America

And who said Swarovski isnt real :mrgreen2:
Convert it into NZ $$ and they charge like a wounded bull !
But i love the thought of Austrian water :appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -

My 2+ ctw J/K buttercup earrings. They used to be leverbacks; but I switched them to posts so they would face forward better. Old mine on top and oec on bottom. Bought from eBay.

they are so elegant on. Simple yet eye catching— especially in the low light of balls.

DD4E47D8-C65F-476A-A5C9-7490655A6064.jpeg
4A78826C-AF08-4E49-8320-AD056907C97E.jpeg 33EBEAFA-9D2E-4306-A51F-154E87075C17.jpeg

These are from Ivy and Rose. m color with sapphires. Super blingy and I think a bit intimidating.... but look fabulous with hair up and a blue ball gown.
DCA17674-6ABB-43C5-860A-1B1C9BBAC940.jpeg C332C1A0-E02E-4442-9A7C-B42012EFD627.jpeg

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The internet is the best thing ever=)2

sorry i was away reheating my American recepie cimamon rolls for breakfast
i hope you and yours are all keeping safe and well
I love America

And who said Swarovski isnt real :mrgreen2:
Convert it into NZ $$ and they charge like a wounded bull !
But i love the thought of Austrian water :appl:

How did the rolls come out??

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I mostly wear either diamond studs or yellow gold studs. I’ve also got several pairs of fashion earrings but I rarely put them on.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisys - it's so weird that it's well into Monday morning where you are! It's still late Sunday afternoon here, and I'm heating up pasta for an early dinner. Don't tell me what happens Monday morning! I like to be surprised! :lol:

ETA: What's the weather like where you are? It's been freezing today, but sunny.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did the rolls come out??

Well surprise surprise Gary didn't like them (so i frooze them) he said tasted lile cinnimam paper mache ( which they did not !!!)
Because i didn't want to add sugar with all the icing i just buttered them warm and they tasted at least as good as good as spiced fruit bread
so to me they were a definate successs

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisys - it's so weird that it's well into Monday morning where you are! It's still late Sunday afternoon here, and I'm heating up pasta for an early dinner. Don't tell me what happens Monday morning! I like to be surprised! :lol:

ETA: What's the weather like where you are? It's been freezing today, but sunny.

Well despite being a day ahead all the newe is a day old by the time we wake up
in the news
Covid is raging world wide
45 is still in the white house
but rain has spoilt the cherry crop down south
the weather is heating up just as the first lot return to work

But it rained warm gentle sunner rain in our front yard
but not a drop out the back !
Enough to upset one cat but not bother the other !

I would say its good wheather to make bread

But yes, rest assured the sun will come up on monday !

One thing i love doing is when Bruce is touring on my Springsteen comunity we hang out and 'watch' the setlist
It makes me very happy to know right at that particular moment Bruce is singing born to run somewhere and it feels like all is right in the world at that very moment

Now to stay on topic :lol: i think Bruce rotates his earings more often than o do !

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well surprise surprise Gary didn't like them (so i frooze them) he said tasted lile cinnimam paper mache ( which they did not !!!)
Because i didn't want to add sugar with all the icing i just buttered them warm and they tasted at least as good as good as spiced fruit bread
so to me they were a definate successs

That does sound good.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since Quarantine and Lockdown, I have worn earrings three times. My holes want to close up and I have had to push a few backs in to clear the way. I tried some old clip ones for Zoom. I do not like to sleep with earrings. So precious, faux or silver, my earrings are not getting play time.. and I am on Zoom everyday. Like makeup I am getting lazy and out of practice, and could not careless. Yeah, I am in a rut!:evil::blackeye::roll:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since Quarantine and Lockdown, I have worn earrings three times. My holes want to close up and I have had to push a few backs in to clear the way. I tried some old clip ones for Zoom. I do not like to sleep with earrings. So precious, faux or silver, my earrings are not getting play time.. and I am on Zoom everyday. Like makeup I am getting lazy and out of practice, and could not careless. Yeah, I am in a rut!:evil::blackeye::roll:

Not just you
ive gone down the no shoe route
my poor feet the odd time i do put shoes on

We need an ear pearcing party to open up all these holes again

ill bring the frozen peas

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2+ ctw J/K buttercup earrings. They used to be leverbacks; but I switched them to posts so they would face forward better. Old mine on top and oec on bottom. Bought from eBay.

they are so elegant on. Simple yet eye catching— especially in the low light of balls.

DD4E47D8-C65F-476A-A5C9-7490655A6064.jpeg
4A78826C-AF08-4E49-8320-AD056907C97E.jpeg 33EBEAFA-9D2E-4306-A51F-154E87075C17.jpeg

These are from Ivy and Rose. m color with sapphires. Super blingy and I think a bit intimidating.... but look fabulous with hair up and a blue ball gown.
DCA17674-6ABB-43C5-860A-1B1C9BBAC940.jpeg C332C1A0-E02E-4442-9A7C-B42012EFD627.jpeg

So beautiful, @whitewave! I recall both sets now, but it's a while since I've seen them and they're just gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I most frequently wear my ACA diamond dangles. They are around .40 cat each. I also wear my 1 ctw ACA studs quite a bit. Others I work in are some EC diamond studs or my sapphire studs.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Among 12 pairs in WG with diamonds, my 2.01ctw solitaires & 3 other clustered pairs get most wear on daily basis, 4 other hoops/huggies get worn occasionally.
Other 5pairs of pearls do get worn as well but not the jadeites & rubies (5 pairs). I tend to reach out to diamonds bcos they are colorless, seem easier to match any of my outfits.

OP, I wouldn’t get the smaller hoops. IMO, 1ctw is better for both casual & fancy occasions. Keep your fund for future pair of other styles.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I have so many pairs of earrings that at one time I was thinking of getting another hole so I could wear more than one pair at a time. But push come to shove, I’m a diamond and pearl kind of girl, and although I love the funky look, somehow I don’t think that it is really my style...

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I have so many pairs of earrings that at one time I was thinking of getting another hole so I could wear more than one pair at a time. But push come to shove, I’m a diamond and pearl kind of girl, and although I love the funky look, somehow I don’t think that it is really my style...

I love two holes with one pair of pearl studs and second hole with diamonds. So casual chic imo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results