shape
carat
color
clarity

Hilaria Baldwin. (Alec’s wife). Have you been following this?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I agree with the first part. I dunno about the cucumber or flamenco, I haven’t followed it enough! But who knows, maybe it started as a way to get attention or differentiate herself and got out of control.

I think may be insulting to immigrants or 1st gen offspring bc you def face challenges that I would guess she hadn’t had to deal with

Yes, I think this is what the core issue seems to be. Many immigrants fight for acceptance and she has acceptance and is pretending to be exotic and special. Something like that anyway

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think this is what the core issue seems to be. Many immigrants fight for acceptance and she has acceptance and is pretending to be exotic and special. Something like that anyway

I just read some more about this and apparently her family isn’t Spanish at all but her parents retired to Spain. Bizarre!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read some more about this and apparently her family isn’t Spanish at all but her parents retired to Spain. Bizarre!

Right, lol. Let me get the cucumber thing. I read the anchor she is speaking to in this clip is Hispanic/Latino and so it’s completely extra if that is true.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I had never heard of her so I googled videos of her speaking Spanish...and didn't really find any. There's a brief red carpet interview in which she makes small talk with a credible accent but doesn't seem to have much vocabulary.

So maybe I'm missing something but if she doesn't actually speak the language and forgets how to say cucumber it might just be because she's nuttier than a fruitcake and not because she's so deeply immersed in a bilingual/bicultural atmosphere.

Also...

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I find Cucumbers to be yuck
maybe if i learn spanish i could also forget about them
will this also work for brussel sprouts and silver beet ?

LOL!! Do the Hiliaria and just learn a few phrases. Look attentive and say Sí, claro! Toss your hair, nod, and smile. But don't do this in an American border town because you may be detained.

Switch from Daisy to Margarita and you're golden.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't this H. Baldwin thing cultural appropriation? She's copying appropriators such as Rachel Dolezal and Jessica A. Krug. Zero points for originality :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, for one, hope Kim Basinger is cackling her a$$ off somewhere. Her ex is now married to an insufferable thirst trap and raising 5 kids under 10 at 62 years old.

If Hillary, excuse me, Hilaria, had any sense of humor at all she would've just started posting everything on her Instagram in Spanish as soon as that @lenibriscoe tweet happened. If you're gonna play that reinvention grift you better expect to get called out on it sometime and have a plan. She didn't. Dumb.

I can't find it in myself to get any type of offended about it. These people seem to exist solely for entertainment purposes and they really are doing their job.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spanish isn’t an ethnicity, is she passing herself off as an immigrant? I’m assuming she has some Spanish ancestry?

My parents are immigrants and I’ve seen other children of immigrants pass themselves off as more “foreign” or “ethnic” or less “foreign” or “ethnic” depending on the circumstances - for more attention or to fit in better.

I don’t know much about this lady’s situation but it can be confusing growing up between two cultures.

I would think if you’re in the public eye you wouldn’t try to “exoticise” yourself in a way that’s easily debunked...she could have just said she’s really into the Spanish side of her heritage and has learned the language and prefers the name Hilaria.
♀️♀️♀️

It’s not her heritage. She would have had people believe
Why couldn’t she just say she loves the country and has decided to adopt it as her land...

It’s the whole cucumber thing lol. It all rests on that. Jajaja

As for flamenco, I haven’t done a deep dive on that, but I think she did ballroom dancing, and we can all guess Flamenco was her favorite dance... if that is even true.

I was typing in a hurry, but yes, her heritage isn’t Spanish and that’s what I find sneaky. The cucumber thing being a great example.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like a train wreck- I can't look away. Did she really say she never owned a TV and had no idea of American pop culture like the NY Post claims?

It's Not Just Her Name, Hilaria Baldwin

She did, yes. She said she moved to the us at 19 to attend university and before that didn’t have a TV on Mallorca so didn’t know anything about American pop culture.

A few have brought up, if she was born and raised on Mallorca, Spanish wouldn’t be her first language. Catalan would be her language.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I, for one, hope Kim Basinger is cackling her a$$ off somewhere. Her ex is now married to an insufferable thirst trap and raising 5 kids under 10 at 62 years old.

If Hillary, excuse me, Hilaria, had any sense of humor at all she would've just started posting everything on her Instagram in Spanish as soon as that @lenibriscoe tweet happened. If you're gonna play that reinvention grift you better expect to get called out on it sometime and have a plan. She didn't. Dumb.

I can't find it in myself to get any type of offended about it. These people seem to exist solely for entertainment purposes and they really are doing their job.

:lol:Thanks monarch, you made me scare my dog with my own cackling. :lol:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
She also appropriated some yoga along the way and it doesn't seem to have helped her be attuned to her authentic self. Unless her authentic self is a fraud and a liar lol

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
She did, yes. She said she moved to the us at 19 to attend university and before that didn’t have a TV on Mallorca so didn’t know anything about American pop culture.

A few have brought up, if she was born and raised on Mallorca, Spanish wouldn’t be her first language. Catalan would be her language.
I stand corrected. The girl from Mallorca with no tv should def speak Catalan.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

In our culture we accept those that think they are female, while being born with male attributes. Some born with males attributes are allowed to become female. Haleria may feel she was made to be Spanish and feels Spanish. I say let her be Spanish if she wants to be Spanish. I find this thread very amusing. Its far better than Lindsey Lohan"s drunken episodes or the Kardasians ridiculous stories. Its really funny. People get upset about everything. If I met someone in real life who did this, I would just role my eyes. No harm done.

Annette
Adios amigos

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

In our culture we accept those that think they are female, while being born with male attributes. Some born with males attributes are allowed to become female. Haleria may feel she was made to be Spanish and feels Spanish. I say let her be Spanish if she wants to be Spanish. I find this thread very amusing. Its far better than Lindsey Lohan"s drunken episodes or the Kardasians ridiculous stories. Its really funny. People get upset about everything. If I met someone in real life who did this, I would just role my eyes. No harm done.

Annette
Adios los amigos

are people getting upset? Would love to hear what someone from Mallorca thinks. To me it seems funny, weird, and kinda sad.

I bet people are paying attention to this goofy story as a distraction to all the somber things going on...I didn’t know who she was before this thread but it’s kind of amusing.

Hasta luego....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In our culture we accept those that think they are female, while being born with male attributes. Some born with males attributes are allowed to become female. Haleria may feel she was made to be Spanish and feels Spanish. I say let her be Spanish if she wants to be Spanish.

Oh hellllllll no. Apples and oranges. Trans people don't have a choice and didn't get to vote about being born the wrong gender. When they decide to live their lives as their true gender, some (not all because their lives are in peril due to some of our citizen nut jobs) don't hide it. Baldwin chose her fake identity and chose to hide her fakery. If she thinks she should have been Spanish or simply has an affinity for the culture, she could have chosen to be honest about it and proud of it.

We've endured too many lies and fakes these past 4 years. It's time to call out BS, stand up for truth, and hold people accountable for their fakery and lies -- especially those who choose to live their lives in the public eye and profit from their fame. Imo of course.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The lies we have endured these past years effect the most fundamental of our countries values, and we should call them out. But, Haleria's lie does not effect us all in any significant way. Thats apples and oranges too. Trans people make choices as well, and I made my comments in a lighter tone. Haleria has been called out. To me, the situation with Haleria is funny, and she might be a little of a kook, but its a small matter to me.

I miss the political threads as well as you do, but I think I feel a week of being Spanish coming on. I'm going to try it on. I will work on my accent first, then forget English words, which is no longer hard due to my age.

Happy New Year. Resolutio #1-- NO LIES

Annette

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
especially those who choose to live their lives in the public eye and profit from their fame. Imo of course.

it's this part....did she benefit from it? i dunno. maybe she heard alec baldwin likes spanish hotties ??? but if it was someone not in the public eye, like you had a neighbor who pretended he or she was irish and spoke with a brogue, probably they'd just be written off as eccentric.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel a week of being Spanish coming on. I'm going to try it on. I will work on my accent first, then forget English words, which is no longer hard due to my age.

I'm toying with the idea of being an alien (of the extra terrestrial variety) in 2021. Changing my name to Zxer*nanunanuptwakawakaqrpt and speaking in clicks. I think it'll be great fun. Let us know how your accent comes along and I'll update if my ship gets ticketed for being parked in a no fly zone.

New Years Resolution #1 -- Don't eat the humans.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's this part....did she benefit from it?

Don't know and don't care. I actually don't care about her at all. I'm just weary to the bone of fakery and lies.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know and don't care. I actually don't care about her at all. I'm just weary to the bone of fakery and lies.

understood. the gripe i would put on your other thread is people who choose not to be good humans because it suits or benefits their short term needs. i dunno in this case if she's a quirky person or a calculating one, but i don't see the fakery or lies stopping anytime soon unfortunately :/ and the people who fall for them....a whole other discussion....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Annette
Adios amigos

Your right
As far as train wrecks go no one is in jail for driving drunk, nor is their child abuse
i know we gave Madonna a hard time for her British accent back in the day but it is entertainment not real life of real nornal people

I had never heard of this woman until this thread
We shell see if indeed all publicity is good publicity

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this video, she talks about all the olive oil used in Spanish cooking.
Clearly she's not eating much of that Spanish food, based on the photo of her and the baby. Haha!

But really, celebrity news and scandal is such a welcome frivolity, since all the other
news out there is so awful these days.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In this video, she talks about all the olive oil used in Spanish cooking.
Clearly she's not eating much of that Spanish food, based on the photo of her and the baby. Haha!

But really, celebrity news and scandal is such a welcome frivolity, since all the other
news out there is so awful these days.

Yes
I mean
Si

last night i had the great misfortune to watch 2020 a review

La mierda
Las estupideces
La cagada

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah! Let her be Spanish. Who cares.
When I was a little kid, I wanted to be an ancient Egyptian, and a ballerina, and a geisha.
Sadly, those things never happened for me.

I die my hair red and for a while had it cut just like Patti Scialfa (Mrs Springsteen)

One concert* Bruce comes out - looks into the audience and says "enough with the red headed woman"

* not one i was at

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results