shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Wedding Outfit...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara, you are beautiful! Love the dress. I too vote for the necklace, with the stud earrings.

have a wonderful time!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow the dress looks great on you. I love pink
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The pink looks very well on you Mara! And since the dress is the focal point, keep jewellery to a minimum. If you want to wear both a necklace and earrings, I would wear diamond studs with a very fine lariat style necklace. Otherwise simply wear the dangle earrings shown in the picture, but not with any style of necklace (as well). No watch, and a simple bangle or two.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals, well...we are off for the wedding!! have a wonderful weekend! hopefully we''ll get some pictures at the party so that i can show you guys the ''finished product''...hah!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so mara, how was the wedding?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mrs s...the wedding was quite wonderful. the bride is an eclectic kinda home designer gal and the venue and the whole event just fit her personality to a tee. very unique and great use of color, the reception was held in a an artifact and salvage store, yes the actual store which was sooo cool because you had all these art pieces all around the tables, there was no decor even necessary. the ceremony was in a really cool rustic outside barn/house kinda thing with sliding barn doors and lights strung all along the inside. the welcome bar was red sangria and iced tea served old fashioned style from big glass jugs and under a white canopy bar kinda thing. the whole thing was just super cool...the food was amazing, the colors were great.

we hit a bunch of traffic getting to the hotel so we only had 30 min to dress before having to leave to take family pictures with my cousin at the venue. the dress definitely looked best with simplicity after i quickly tried on a few options with jewelry, so i just wore my studs with my solitaire pendant and it looked wonderful i thought. the day was so warm and the night took a while to cool so i didn't even use my wrap until we were walking to the car!!

anyway there were some pictures taken and just scrolling through the camera looking at them on the LCD, the dress looked really nice with the simple jewelry...once i upload the pictures for posting for the family i'll post one or two, i think greg and i got a few nice ones! and i got a lot of compliments on the dress and the bride herself loved it and said that i looked like one of the flowers (she had brightly colored roses used as accents). the funny thing was that her bm's were in choco brown with brightly colored sashes, so if i had chosen the choco brown one i would have looked like a BM! so i'm really glad i didn't happen into that one. yay for pink!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh the whole event sounds wonderful. I''m so glad you ended up with the pink since the BM''s were all in brown. Of course it probably could just as easily gone the other way so you and your entourage made a good call
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

here's me in the dress! i am with my sis and my mom but i figured they didn't want to be posted so i cropped them out...haha. so the original picture looks much better of course but this is the best to show the full length of the dress. my hair is obscuring the studs a bit but they were sparkly! hehe.

mara at wedding 0906.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, you looked Gaw-geous (NYC accent, lol)! Great choice in color and jewelry, for sure! I''m guessing you can definitely tell your figure is more toned/trimmer than ever from the looks of your collarbone in the pic! Don''t you love that? That has always been a true test for me--you know you are at your ideal weight when your collarbone is not looking to plump nor too thin! Oh, and love your haircut as well... your are a beautiful gal!
35.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara, your pic is great and the simple diamond bling really works great with that dress.....it makes your look a very elegant one!!
36.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, I think the simpler diamond jewelry was definitely the right choice. I have fairly simple tastes though, and a diamond pendant like yours is at the very top of my wish list . . . sigh.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--You looked lovely. That dress color sure looks fantastic on you. Great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results