shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Wedding Outfit...!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I think you made a great choice. With 80% pashmina and 20% silk, you know that you have a quality piece.
1.gif

ETA: a silver grey shawl will have lasting power....imagine wearing that over a little black dress on a fancy night out with Greg! With your awesome silver cork-heel shoes, of course!

I can't wait to see the finished ensemble! Pink and gray, a classic combo!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to come post here to say that I did a smug little happy dance when I read that you had picked the pink. YAY! You have one of the most gorgeous skin tones I''ve ever seen and the pink does it justice. I wish I could have stayed long enough to say that in person!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks wallermama...i know i was sad you were gone at that point but i will post pictures, never fear!!! the other gals were soooo awesome, it''s like i was shopping with 4 personal consultants.

my mom called me last nite and left a message saying she had some gray yarn with thin violet strands she would make into a shawl for me...of course right after i bought that other one yesterday! she said she''d call me today to talk about it. not sure if i should just tell her i bought the pashmina or go ahead and let her make the shawl so i could have two options. hmmmm.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having two shawl options wouldn''t hurt anyone.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the shawl came today!! it looks wonderful. it just has to have the fold marks fall out and it will be great. i tried it on with the dress and heels and it''s great. definitely warm but not too thick but nice quality and the fringe is great...it doesn''t stick together and isn''t too thick either. not bad for $40!

does anyone have suggestions for how to tie it? i''m really not savvy with the tying of the shawls typically and i feel like they always look odd...hahaha.

anyway i figure at some point this week i''ll try everything on and take a picture so you gals can see what you helped with!!! thanks!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!! I''m so glad you''re happy with the shawl! I was afraid that it''d come all ugly and sub-par and you''d be annoyed at me.
9.gif

Anyway, I greatly prefer shawls simply wrapped around the shoulders....so elegant. Tying it gives it a slightly matronly look, in my opinion....unless there is a cool tying method of which I''m ignorant!
3.gif
How does the shawl look with your shoes?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol kristy re: being sub par...my first thought when i opened it was 'what an awesome find kristy made!!'.... so you get 5 gold stars! hehe. it looks pretty good with the shoes. it probably could stand to be a little more silvery but i think overall it looks very nice and the fact that it's not SILVER makes it definitely easily usable all winter long as a gray with black.

the shoes definitely needed some breaking in but i put some of greg's shoe horn things in them all week and now they fit much better! funny, i pulled out my creme satin wedding sandals and this creme crocheted shawl i have with ribbon fringe (super cute) and the shawl looked awesome with it but the shoes looked totally wrong! the silver shoes totally work with the dress the best.

so we'll see if my mom finishes her violey gray shawl and then i can see which looks best for the day!

oh and funny side note, i tried everything on tonite really quickly and came down to show greg and the sweet man goes 'you aren't supposed to outshine the bride'...
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2006 1:44:43 AM
Author: Mara

oh and funny side note, i tried everything on tonite really quickly and came down to show greg and the sweet man goes ''you aren''t supposed to outshine the bride''...
30.gif
OK, that just gave me warm fuzzies.
30.gif
If THAT reaction doesn''t indicate success, then I don''t know what does!!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 1:52:52 PM
Author: KristyDarling

oh and funny side note, i tried everything on tonite really quickly and came down to show greg and the sweet man goes ''you aren''t supposed to outshine the bride''...
30.gif

30.gif

That reminds me of a time when my teeny tiny friend had lost her baby weight from baby #2, had bought a slinky little black dress in size 4 or 6 or something from Nordies to celebrate--the kind with a clingy layer topped with a clingy lace layer--and she was so excited to try it on for her hubbie that night, and she put it on and was prancing about the bedroom all full of herself and her hot bod, and he walked in and said, without a pause, "I didn''t realize your stomach was still so big."

GROUNDS. FOR. DIVORCE.

Greg passed the test with flying colors!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

30.gif
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2006 4:44:10 PM
Author: wallermama
Date: 9/19/2006 1:52:52 PM

30.gif

30.gif

That reminds me of a time when my teeny tiny friend had lost her baby weight from baby #2, had bought a slinky little black dress in size 4 or 6 or something from Nordies to celebrate--the kind with a clingy layer topped with a clingy lace layer--and she was so excited to try it on for her hubbie that night, and she put it on and was prancing about the bedroom all full of herself and her hot bod, and he walked in and said, without a pause, ''I didn''t realize your stomach was still so big.''

GROUNDS. FOR. DIVORCE.

Greg passed the test with flying colors!

1.gif

Girl, don''t even get me started on this topic.
20.gif
My DH has flubbed up COUNTLESS times in this respect. But I won''t bore you so I''ll share just one anecdote (of MANY) from my own life. DH and I had just started dating and he had told me that the "true measure of a woman''s attractiveness is how good she looks in jeans." So, I put on my coolest pair of jeans that I *thought* was very flattering, and proudly pranced around, modeling them for him. Know what he said? "Do you have really short legs or something?"

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
He will never, EVER live that one down.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my god ladies, both those stories are horrible! men! sometimes they speak before they THINK.
29.gif

yes greg done good last nite. hehehe.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2006 4:54:42 PM
So, I put on my coolest pair of jeans that I *thought* was very flattering, and proudly pranced around, modeling them for him. Know what he said? ''Do you have really short legs or something?''

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Retort:, "Not as short as your "third leg", dear...."
12.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2006 11:57:23 AM
Author: wallermama
Date: 9/19/2006 4:54:42 PM

So, I put on my coolest pair of jeans that I *thought* was very flattering, and proudly pranced around, modeling them for him. Know what he said? 'Do you have really short legs or something?'

38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Retort:, 'Not as short as your 'third leg', dear....'

12.gif
Doh! That comeback is so good that I'm gonna bust it out on him right now.....only 9 years too late! Hehe. Or maybe instead I'll just dredge up this painful piece of the past and make him "pay" by buying me a super fantasmic anniversary/birthday gift while we're up in Napa next weekend!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay ladies, i took some time today to put on the outfit to take some pictures for you since i don''t think i will have time to do it before we take off tomorrow for sonoma...

there are a bunch, i think i duplicated one or two, i had to take a ton, taking pictures of yourself trying to look sexy is VERY HARD. HAH! so ignore my goofy grin and my shiny nose, this is pretty much sans makeup. i also have to get my eyebrows done today and a mani/pedi so hopefullyy the ''finished'' product will be much better. but this gives you an idea.

also, i have a necklace that i put on with the earrings i want to use, tell me if you like it with or without necklace. i can always just use my simple solitaire pendant if it seems too much but i think it looks pretty good with the necklace and earrings? or maybe simpler earrings?

anyway here are the pics!!

wedding front necklace no wrap 2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
with wrap and necklace. i realized later i didnt get any WITH wrap and full body. but oh well!

wedding front wrap necklace.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no necklace full body.

wedding no necklace front.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and two side shots...

wedding outfit side 2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one. i actually think my heels could stand to be a little taller with this particular dress but oh well! probably better they are not so i don''t take a dive!

oh and too funny, i realized partway through picture taking i didn''t have MY RINGS on !!! sacrilege i know! so i put them on but not all the pix have them...haha.

so what do you gals think? and necklace or no?

wedding outfit side.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread, but I have to say that you look fabulous Mara! That dress makes you look so sexy in a classy way. Great choice, I just hope the bride has some chance of being noticed while you are there!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I was with the groupd who initially voted for chocolate brown, and I am definitely not a pink kind of gal, but that color looks HOT with your skin tone! Fab choice. As far as wrap/necklace/earring combo, i like wrap + necklace + simpler earrings. Keep in mind I''m a pretty minimal accesories gal so I may be biased. I just think the necklace with those earring are too busy and take attn away from your face, but you look a bit nekked-ish without a necklace.
9.gif
If you like the earrings more (I just bought a pair that looks almost exactly like those and love ''em!) then i would go with a simpler necklace. Which now that I think about it may be the best way. Fab earrings + wrap + simple sparkly necklace to avoid the "vast expanse of bare chest" look. Yup, that is my final answer regis! Love the shoes too BTW.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
cute!

usually i say the other way around, but this time i say necklace and no earrings. actually studs would be perfect!

love the cork shoes too. it gives it a nice soft touch.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my coworker voted for necklace and simpler earrings. esp since i have short hair...i agree my neck looks really naked with nothing.

i have diamond studs i could do...i have to see what i have when i get home but i may have smaller silverish earrings. my coworker''s comment was that there was a lot of silver going on which detracted from the simplictiy of dress in her opinion. so she said necklace and simpler earrings.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I think the necklace and earrings are a bit much together. Do you have a pic with the solitaire necklace?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
You look terrific in that dress!!! I love the earrings but think the necklace is a little much?? The shoes are great and so is the wrap.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you look so cute! Love the outfit. One of the first things I noticed was NO RINGS!
14.gif

I think your pendant may look nice. Or the necklace with your diamond studs.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for necklace with "simpler" earrings. The dress defintely looks like it needs a necklace, but those earrings seem like they don''t go as well with that particular necklace. If you want to wear the earrings, then I''d say diamond necklace. I was a brown fan originally too, but the pink looks great on you.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
At first I was like definitely necklace and simpler earrings, then I thought about the wrap and thought that the earrings with solitaire pendant would be better because the necklace with the wrap seems busy to me too. I knew the pink would look hot on you. hehe.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Mara you look awesome!! I think your hot pink dress stands alone.....If you are looking for opinions, I would wear your diamond studs and diamond pendant (also do you have a bracelet?) with this outfit!!! Can you put it on again with that jewellery and take another pic so we can vote? Not asking much am I!
9.gif
lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha heather, no more photos for now!! dressing up and taking those images then uploading them etc took a while!

anyway i am thinking that the necklace with simple diamond studs would be perfect. then i have a bit of jazzy fashion going on with the necklace but simplicity on my ears and then the diamond earrings make my ring pop too...hehe.

it was pretty warm here today so hopefully i won''t need the wrap for the whole time..i''d love the dress to shine a bit on it''s own for at least a few hours!

thanks for all the feedback and help ladies!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results