shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me accessorize/decide - shoes, jacket, alterations for my dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So excited to hear that the lace on the capelet compliments your gown, from what you can see now. Wonderul news! Its such a cute piece.

I like the jacket but I feel like it looks a little too utilitarian/functional for a wedding, KWIM?

Let us know how the fabric comparison goes! I don''t think you''ll regret ordering that capelet if the fabric matches nicely.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I actually got a call this morning from my dad telling me to get what I wanted, and not worry about whether or not I could wear it again, which is definitely what I was doing. So that was nice.
1.gif

Here''s a photo of the lace and wool - what do you think? I think it actually looks a lot like the lace on the bodice of the dress! (I''ll try to repost the bodice pic too for comparison...)

DSC_0318%20Copy.jpg

DSCF1859 copy.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
That last pic was a definite closeup - here''s a comparison in size to my hand.

DSCF1860 copy.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats a pretty reembroidered lace trim! I can''t tell for sure but it looks like your gown has reembroidered and beaded lace on it so thats a nice correlation between the two kinds of lace! The wool has a nice wintery look to it to go with your wedding season and feel. I think its a win!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m crazy but I LOVE the neckline on your dress. I think it looks great the way it is. I love the white shoes and the second pair, but not so much the third. Can''t help much on the boleros though.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:56:52 PM
Author: Clairitek
Thats a pretty reembroidered lace trim! I can''t tell for sure but it looks like your gown has reembroidered and beaded lace on it so thats a nice correlation between the two kinds of lace! The wool has a nice wintery look to it to go with your wedding season and feel. I think its a win!
I think it''s a win too... I''m thiiiiis close to ordering it. I took the swatches to my mom''s this weekend to compare to the dress. The wool is a shade or two darker, and very obviously a different texture than the skirt. But I think it does give it a nice wintry feel, while also being very streamlined and non-poofy. So I''m ok with that. As far as the lace, yes they both look so much alike. I think it''s uncanny how the designs and textures are the same. The only thing is that the lace is WHITE - a very stark white compared to the color of the dress, and the wool too. I can''t really tell in the cape picture very well, but I guess that''s what she''s done - sewed a white lace onto an ivory wool - maybe that helps it to show up more and gives it some definition. Maybe ivory lace would just blend into the wool and not show up. I just worry that the white is going to stand out too much against the rest of the dress. Any thoughts on that? I thought about sending her a message to see if she has ivory lace, but I''m not sure if that would mess up the look...

Kelli - thank you for the opinions. Haha I took the black shoes back!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 4:35:52 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 12/2/2009 9:56:52 PM
I think it''s a win too... I''m thiiiiis close to ordering it. I took the swatches to my mom''s this weekend to compare to the dress. The wool is a shade or two darker, and very obviously a different texture than the skirt. But I think it does give it a nice wintry feel, while also being very streamlined and non-poofy. So I''m ok with that. As far as the lace, yes they both look so much alike. I think it''s uncanny how the designs and textures are the same. The only thing is that the lace is WHITE - a very stark white compared to the color of the dress, and the wool too. I can''t really tell in the cape picture very well, but I guess that''s what she''s done - sewed a white lace onto an ivory wool - maybe that helps it to show up more and gives it some definition. Maybe ivory lace would just blend into the wool and not show up. I just worry that the white is going to stand out too much against the rest of the dress. Any thoughts on that? I thought about sending her a message to see if she has ivory lace, but I''m not sure if that would mess up the look...
I think its worth writing to her and asking! Did you happen to take a picture of everything next to each other when you were there? I wouldn''t be too worried about the color difference. My friend wore an ivory bolero and ivory veil (with pretty wide lace trim) with a champagne dress and I thought it looked great. It was noticeable but not in a bad way, KWIM? Ivory lace might be better though, if she has it.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 5:16:27 PM

I think its worth writing to her and asking! Did you happen to take a picture of everything next to each other when you were there? I wouldn''t be too worried about the color difference. My friend wore an ivory bolero and ivory veil (with pretty wide lace trim) with a champagne dress and I thought it looked great. It was noticeable but not in a bad way, KWIM? Ivory lace might be better though, if she has it.
No, I didn''t think to take a photo while I was there - I should have done it! I did email her to ask, but I think it''ll be ok even if she only has the white lace. It probably gives it more definition anyway than ivory on ivory would... I asked her advice on it, so we''ll see what she says.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
And another update... I ordered the Lacey Capelet on Etsy! She did email me back and said that the lace is white specifically so it shows up against the ivory wool. I think it''ll be beautiful! I have an ivory pashmina scarf in case I just get to freezing, and I have some ivory fleece Isotoner gloves that have thick fur cuffs on the wrists (haha that part is to make my mom happy - she really wanted me to get the David''s Bridal fur cape, hehe!)... now I just need a brooch or some other type of attachment for the cape, and I''m good to go!

36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:08:17 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
And another update... I ordered the Lacey Capelet on Etsy! She did email me back and said that the lace is white specifically so it shows up against the ivory wool. I think it''ll be beautiful! I have an ivory pashmina scarf in case I just get to freezing, and I have some ivory fleece Isotoner gloves that have thick fur cuffs on the wrists (haha that part is to make my mom happy - she really wanted me to get the David''s Bridal fur cape, hehe!)... now I just need a brooch or some other type of attachment for the cape, and I''m good to go!
36.gif

Wonderful! So glad that you''re excited about the cape. I would be too if I got to wear it for my January wedding! Looking forward to seeing what the whole ensemble looks like together.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a photo of my dress, with the pashmina scarf and the gloves... probably won''t have the scarf on much, but I''ll have it in case it''s just that cold out. Hehe the gloves aren''t my favorite, but Mom was so wanting me to have something with fur, and she REALLY would have loved it if I''d gotten the David''s Bridal furry one, so these gloves are the compromise.
1.gif
It''s amazing how all the ivory matches up... the pictures isn''t that great, the lighting and shadowing was pretty bad. But I think it''s all going to look great. I can''t wait for the capelet to come in!

DSCF1884 - Copy.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Everything you picked looks absolutely great, strawberries!
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the caplet when it comes in!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 10:09:54 PM
Author: katamari
Everything you picked looks absolutely great, strawberries!
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the caplet when it comes in!
Ahh, me too!

Just an update - I had the appointment with the seamstress last night, and she''s going to hem it for me and put in a beautiful bustle - it looks almost just like the double french bustle from the beginning of the thread! Can''t wait!

And Lord help me, I asked to try on some veils while I had the dress on, since I was undecided about if I wanted one. Wouldn''t you know, I absolutely loved it. Me. Who was so against a veil and pretty much wanted just a flower, if that. She put on a long narrow one that hung down behind me, and I thought it was just gorgeous - honestly, last thought I ever expected to have. She put a tiara on for my mom to see (I''d already warned her THAT wasn''t happening) - haha Mom loved it of course, but I told her to soak it all in because that''s all she was gonna see of that. However, she then put a small headband-type thing in my hair, and I actually really liked that too. Haha, it''s just so funny how my views of things change as I go along. Things I thought I''d hate are turning into things that look gorgeous and that I can see myself with. Must be that bridal fever they talk about, taking me over.
3.gif

By the way, the seamstress did say she could do the sweetheard neckline for me. She even pinned it into place for us to see. I really like how it looks, because it softens things up and counters the upward directions of the bodice. But she said she''d have to remove all the lace, do the neckline, then reapply all the lace. She said it''d be easy, and that it would look as if it came that way. I trust her, but it makes me really nervous because the dress is so beautiful as it is. All that beading is so delicate, so I''m kind of at the point of... if it works and looks pretty now, why risk it just for something that isn''t really necessary. I told her I''d call in the next few days if I decide otherwise, but for now we''re not doing it... unless you guys can somehow enable me and cause me to change my mind.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results