carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MONNIE!!!!! Welcome (back)!

Please be warned this thread has descended (or Ascended, depending on how you look at it!) to a couple of ladies having a lovely little dialog about life in general and throwing in some food and exercise stuff along the way. I seriously feel like I'm having a chat with my gal pals every day when I log on here and "talk" to Marcy (aka Curby!) and Deegee.

Your timing is perfect though because now that my move into the new space has been made I am also committed to dropping... well... about half an a$$! I honestly may not get into full swing for a few weeks becuase I'm living in utter chaos, but I kept the yoga mat out in the front of the closet and once things settle down (and assuming AT&T ever finds me worthy of actual internet service... ) I am going to look at some exercise videos and walk A LOT! I amy also consider buying a small elliptical or something like that, but yet to be determined as I'm still not sure how much room I will end up having for storage.

BTW, I lurk on the toddlers thread and A is just The Spitting Image of her beautiful momma!!! You're gonna have your hands full with that one! ;))

I'm in (loose) contact with Rod and I think he just got really really busy with life in general and moved on. I am going to make an effort to see him and Charlie when I'm down in Orlando visting my dad in September becuase I haven't seen them in ages.

And I did see Lorelei!!! I miss her terribly, but I do understand other things becoming a priority. If she were to make her way back too though, I'd be all for it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Thanks for the welcome back, DeeJay! I did notice people posting more everyday stuff (and jewelry, yay, Marcy!) but I am a-ok with that. Glad you lurk in the toddler thread, man those kids are cute. Mine is hell on wheels already, we had to put a lock on the fridge to keep her and the dog out because they were in cahoots. Nothing like finding refrigerator crisper drawers and their contents strewn across the living room when you come out of the bathroom. :lol: Parenting is not for the faint of heart, dogs or children. Good, you are still in contact with Rod! I have his email address still, I should shoot him a hello, old friend message. I bet he and C would love to have you again.

Marcy! I love your new rings/diamond!!! Just beautiful. Ok, I have never really loved my current e-ring setting and I've been vacillating between halo/solitaire/pave/plain/yellow gold/white gold for years now. A couple years ago we started setting aside a little bit of money here and there for a new setting but I still can't decide what I want. Today I was browsing RT and clicked a link to a James Allen preset ring and from there went down a rabbit hole and now I think I want a pave halo in 18k yellow. I *think*... but do I want a plain shank or pave? The price is right on either, but I'm thinking plain because it would save a few hundred and that would be good because I have a feeling it won't be a forever setting. Sigh. I never thought I'd be so indecisive about a stupid ring. I haven't even bought a proper wedding band ever...I wore a ss ring with those stones that are not diamonds (shhh) for a year or so but now I wear a couple hammered 24k Gurhan stackers on either side of my e-ring. Looks nice but kinda boring.

Back to healthy living. DeeJay, I did Jillian Michals' 30-Day Shred all through January/February. I didn't get shredded but I did love the workouts and they're only 20 minutes. They pack a punch, though, she's really good. Oh, I had Yoga Inferno as well. That one moved a little too quickly through the poses for me and I didn't do it very often.

I'm timing my walking around the rain this afternoon. I'm shooting for 60 minutes at 4 after looking at the hourly forecast. There's an awesome trail right behind our housing addition and it goes right past the playground at my daughter's daycare so sometimes I can sneak past and catch a peek of her playing without her knowing I'm there which is kind of awesome. Since Daisy has been in cahoots and eating lots of food that gets thrown on the floor or absconded from the fridge she's gained weight as well, so the walking hopefully will take off a layer of her extra padding. Let's all cross our bejeweled fingers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: :naughty:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! How exciting to see Monnie and Lorelei here. I just sent Rod a quick email. Will post more tonight but I had to come say hi.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, even your regular identity is back -- it's like Old Home Week here in the Weekly Workout Thread! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, this is me when I saw you post here:

omgyay.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1400100991|3672884 said:

Where is the like button?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Dee Jay, Ella is going to try and add my avatar and change my diamond specs. Maybe my Marcy account can be can be revived again. I am very frustrated that one and only one of my employees pretty much won't agree to trying a streamine our processes. This morning she did agree to try each thing for a month. We'll see how it goes. I loved it when she said the method we are using doesn't make sense to her. I quickly pointed out her method doesn't make sense to me or the guy designing the modules. I think she lost that obvious point though. Doesn't make one more right or wrong than the other - they are just different. We need to try for the simplest approach and that isn't her method. I am just debating what to buy when I trade in my old solitaire ring. I really like those filigree, pave diamond gemstone RHR maybe I'll get one of those. Sorry to hear your rugs are out there alone, scared and don't know where to go. Hopefully your address can be found on google. Ours still is a mystery. Did you get more things unpacked today? I actually found my daily posts here helpful setting my parents estate. I had to hunt down dates for the attorney and I went through my daily posts here and easily found out what I needed to know. It's fun to keep up with you ladies.

Monnie, it is good to see you here again. That is too funny both of us though immediately of "pants" when we saw posts from Lorelei. Your daughter sounds adorable and obviously keeps you busy. I will have to go find a picture of the little cutie in the toddler's thread. This thread has strayed away from the workout / food diary thread but it's whatever everyone wants it to be. I certainly need to get back on track. I've had a rough year (lost both my parents) and I haven't been eating right. My knees and legs are pretty bad so I haven't been walking or stretching much but I've been getting closer each day to being motivated again so see it's a good time for you to be here. The ring from JA sounds great. It is hard to find the perfect ring especailly not being able to try them on. The stackers sounds great with your ering. How was your walk?

Hi Lorelei! That "newbie" thread sure spurred some interesting discussion but I loved how when you showed up it was "Hi. Lorelei's here!" Everyone was so happy to see you. I know I sure missed you.

Work was SLOW again. Next week we will start on the training manual but the employee I put in charge of it is out of the office this week. It will be our summer project.

I ran out at lunch today to get my "free" glasses. I think I like them a little better than the pair I just bought but I'll compare them tonight when I have time. I still can't believe they paid for everything, my glasses plus lenses are usually around $1200.

The cleaning lady came today so we'll go out to supper. I HATE to mess up the house after it's been cleaned.

The snow melted some more but there is easily a 40" drift by our driveway.

Take Care.
Marcy aka Curby aka MCAUDI

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I can't think of Lorelei without thinking of that "pants" expression! Sorry to hear about your parents, and oof on the knee and joint issues. Life hasn't been gentle with you, too bad. Good thing I came back when I did, now you have another HLT'r to cheer you on. ;))

Got to go on our walk early, but it only took me 50 minutes round trip. I am still trying to figure out the best route. The trail runs perpendicular to our house and we're basically right in the middle of it. I can drive and park at one end and then walk the entire length up and back and get in 1.25 hrs/5 miles, but I HATE to waste gas and drive and park just so I can walk. Eh. I'll figure it out.

Daisy says hello from the trail:

daisytrail51414.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Daisy! That is a beautiful trail. I'll get a shot of ours. It's quite bleak. No neighbors yet. We do have a nice path out the back door. I've definitely had better years but that chapter is coming to and end. I'll take all the cheering on I can get.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Rod's Email:

Hi There Marcy!

So nice to hear from you. Life's been OK, but I've been dealing with my 93 year old father, who fell last summer, is now blind and I've had to put him in a nursing home and deal with all his assets, which were not enough to cover the cost of long term care and get him Medicaid approved. It's been like a full time job to say the least.

Otherwise, Charlie and I are both doing fine. I'm still at the same job (not really happy about that), but it is what it is. On the fitness side, I'm afraid I don't really have much of any news. I finally simply burned out on the gym and haven't been back for some time. I've put on a little weight, but not much. I just wanted my life back. So we both come home after work, fix a nice meal and actually have an entire evening to relax.

I've gotten into watches in a big way and have bought some really terrific pieces over the last couple years. It's a hobby that I've really enjoyed.

Please tell everyone I am alive and doing well. I miss everyone on PS, but I just don't have anything to contribute to the Healthy Lifestyle thread or any diamond projects coming up anytime soon.

Thanks for writing. Hugs to all.

Please feel free to share this with everyone as well as my email address in case anyone would like to write me directly.

Your friend,

Rod

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, thank you for posting Rod's reply. So nice to "hear" from him. I'm happy he's happy with their routine of coming home after work and spending time together instead of feeling beholden to the gym. I wish he'd share his watches but understand if that's not a priority. I'll definitely email him soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday.

Monnie, it was nice to hear from Rod. I miss hearing from him. Did you get in another walk today?

Hi Deegee.

Dee Jay did you get your Internet put in today?

The heat in our office at work was stuck on full blast today. I swear it was near 100 in there. They finally got it fixed about 4. Made for a long day.

Marty cooked steak on the grill and baked veggies for supper.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Marcy aka Curby aka MCAUDI

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Monnie-you already helped me say no to a snack tonight after reading your posts. Must get back on track! Thanks! Your walking track looks wonderful.

Hi Lorelei. I don't post much in other forums but I have read lots of your posts! Nice to meet you! I'm Dee. :wavey:

Dee*Jay-I hope you're getting things straightened out with your move. I thought about you this week as I rummaged through an unpacked box from my move last June. I really need to finish unpacking. I can't wait to see more pics of your new place.

Hi Marcy! I've been looking at rings online (of course) but I feel like I'll never get another one on my icky swollen hands! Now I'm leaning back towards a 3-stone ering. I'm all over the place! Do you have plans for your next purchase? I do miss Rod. I'm glad you heard back from him.

Work was busy. Food was okay...not super healthy but not bad either. We couldn't walk tonight because we have had rain non-stop all day for the last two days. Marcy-I hit one of our eastern deer on the way to work today. He came down out of the hills and jumped right in front of me and I didn't have much time to react. I slammed on the breaks hard and swerved but still hit him. He sure didn't seem small to my car or my body! It sounds like the deer in your part of the world would have done me in for good!! I'm okay, just stoved up on top of my flare up. I can see me calling off work tomorrow. I'm hoping my car and me are hurt worse than the deer. Poor thing-he had a far worse day than me. I'm off to bed. Have a good day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear you hit a dear. I hope you are not hurting too bad tomorrow. How scary. I am sure your car received some serious damage too. I am glad they don't grow them as big there as here. Feel better. I'd stay home tomorrow too. You need a day of rest after that. I hope your fingers get better too. I think a 3 stone ering with sapphires would be amazing. I am always working on my next project. I think the top thing on my wish list is sapphire earrings.

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DeeGee, glad my post helped you. That's what I always loved about this thread--it helped me stay on track. Sorry you hit a deer, oh no! That must be so scary. I have had a lot of close calls with deer but have been lucky (knock wood) so far not to have made contact with any. When I first started driving my parents were always sooooo adamant that I be very cautious and always watch for deer on our road. It's true, those boogers will basically walk or leap right into you.

Marcy, I didn't get to walk yesterday. My mom came up to visit me and take me shopping for my birthday. We had a ball, it was nice to spend the morning and afternoon together, just the two of us. Usually we have the kiddo with us and its hard to carry on a conversation. Anyway, we went to this new home store and I special ordered two pieces of Le Creuset. I'm excited to get them, I got a 3.5 qt covered round casserole and a 10x8 (or something) baking pan. One is cassis and the other is palm, but I can't remember which I ordered in which color now. Tomorrow night we're driving up to Indy to pick up a rug I found that I have to have, I decided I finally want to do something with the loft so I'm turning it into a play room for A but it needs a major overhaul. It's basically a blank canvas with a recliner and my sewing/crafting area. My husband doesn't know it yet but his winter project is going to be building me an armoire for all my stuff that my sewing machine can pack up into kind of like a Murphy bed. :naughty: Home stuff is fun. For Mother's Day he built me this potting bench and made it with removable planters, from stuff he "reclaimed." I planted my herbs in it since I ran out of room for them in the raised beds. I love it!

Daisy and I walked around the neighborhood for 20 minutes this morning but man, it was chilly. I had to bring in and cover a lot of my plants last night because it got down to 36! I heard it snowed in Chicago, poor DeeJay! And I guess it's not done snowing out there, right Marcy? Sheesh. Come on, summer.

spring2014garden_001.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella fixed my avatar. Sweet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Monnie, I took a small portion for supper of Mac and Cheese and for lunch I stayed out of the chips at salsa. I just ate a taco. Yay. I am glad you had fun shopping with your mom. We have some Le Creuset pans and they are wonderful. Great idea to change your loft in to a play room for cute little A and have your husband build an armoire to store your sewing and craft things. Winter projects are always a good idea. The potting bench is a great idea. My BIL builds something similar to that for his garden. It makes it easier to tend to the garden without getting down on your hands and knees. 36 degrees is a bit chilly to go for a morning walk but you do walk faster that way. Most of our snow is melted but we are only in the 40's and 50's during the day. The foreseeable forecast has our temperatures inching up each day and thunderstorms every day.

I was so excited when I got an email from Ella saying she fixed my account and were able to get my avatar loaded up of my new ring. I told her my old diamond was mad I traded it so it broke my account.

I am so glad it's Friday. My department snuck off work about 15 minutes earlier. We took our break on the drive home.

Marty has golf plans for the weekend. We are meeting my sister and brother in law for dinner. My BIL makes decorative cement stones for the garden, stepping stones, etc and makes these cute lady bugs so we ordered some to put on our house or a stone pillar out front. We are meeting 1/2 way in between to have dinner and get our lady bugs.

My bridesmaid dress is in too so we'll go pick that up. Joy! :lol:

Take care. Have a great weekend!

Marcy fixed avatar, watching out for curbs everywhere . . .

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! :wavey:

It's been a lazy day around M&M Land. Marty had an early tee time. I worked on laundry then met the guys at the 19th hole. We had a quick lunch then came home before the big thunderstorms hit. Marty took a nap, I goofed off then we headed off to meet my sister and BIL for supper. We got home about 8:30 and we are now watching a movie.

Tomorrow Marty has 2 rounds of golf scheduled. I need to go buy food or Marty will not be a happy camper when he tries to graze the pantry or refrigerator. I hope I get up early enough that the store won't be too busy. I swear I'd rather stick a sharp stick in my eye than go grocery shopping any more. It is not one of my favorite chores.

Laters,
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I had cake for breakfast. That is all. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Monnie, cake has eggs, flower, milk. How bad can that be? I made cookies today but gave most of them to the guys playing golf.

Marty was off for golf by 6:30. I was at the grocery store by 8:30 and was there about an hour. I brought home lots of fresh fruit and veggies and got them all cleaned up this afternoon. I even cut up cantaloupe and pineapple and didn't have any knife accidents. Marty was shocked.

I had leftovers for lunch then we ordered pizza at the golf course for supper. I had 2 pieces of that.

This afternoon I did chores around the house but don't have anything to show for it. I need to get a few cards ready to get in the mail. And I must get out my jewel jet. My ACA needs to sparkle more. :D

Laters
Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wouldn't be bad but I had cake tonight for dessert, too. :lol: I did cut small pieces, though, maybe the size of 3/4 of a cupcake. And it isn't excessively frosted, so hopefully it's only about 800 cal. per serving, ha ha ha!

Yesterday was really busy and today I was totally lazy. No workouts, no walking. Tomorrow I will get back to my walking routine, it's supposed to be 70-something and nice out. Gotta walk off all this cake.

Marcy, my mom cuts herself all the time. She just bought a new paring knife when we were out together last week and I was so glad. She never sharpens their knives and I hate helping chop veggies when I'm over because I'm always so afraid I'm going to cut myself with those stupid dull knives! Are you keeping yours nice and sharp??? Fruit sounds good. We go through a ton of it. Our Dollar Tree store has frozen mixed berries for $1! We buy 2-3 bags a week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I keep forgetting to ask how you won the free glasses? And $1,200 is crazy! Your insurance covers that (or at least most of it)… right?! What’s your snow situation? We had flurries on Thursday but nothing in the range of a 40” drift in the driveway—yikes! Thanks for posting the message from Rod. Now that I do have internet I should catch up on my email!

Monnie, wow, your trail looks awesome! The Demon and his crazy brother Oscar would LOVE to have a place like that to walk around! And LOL on the cake! I like the ideas for your loft project. Feel free to post pics! As for knives… Bill had a strict rule that I wasn’t even allowed NEAR them. Probably wise given my tendency toward klutziness! And HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

Deegee, I know what you mean about boxes that never get unpacked! I think at this point the only think I have that went to KC and back and remains unopened are some boxes of books. Those will come out as soon as I get the bookshelves up, which may be sooner rather than later because it occurred to me that I could put the kitchen stuff on the shelves too temporarily while the kitchen is demolished!

Lorelei, are you still out there?!? :wavey:

This weekend was pretty bad from a food standpoint but The Diet Starts Today. I’m going to keep track of my calories because that is one thing that always helps me. Have a number staring me in the face is *reality* and I deal well with reality (as opposed to the fantasy "oh no, I really haven't eaten much today" that likes to live in my head -- ha!) As for exercise, I showed 16 properties this weekend all of which had multiple levels of stairs… does that count?!?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Kids! :wavey:

Monnie, I hope ¾ of a cupcake with a little frosting isn’t 800 calories! Holy stick that cupcake right on my behind! :lol: Your mom, Dee Jay and I are obviously dangerous with sharp tools. Marty sharpens our knives all the time; I give him a hard time he’s trying to make sure I do some serious damage. I swear one of these days when he goes on a trip he is going to hide our knife block. Mixed berries sound really good. I had a nice big bowl of fruit for breakfast today with some cereal. I worked diligently at avoiding snacking at work today. I just have stuff like little crackers but I stayed out of them.

Dee Jay, when we went in to pick up Marty’s glasses they had a designer frame event and they handed everyone a ticket as you came in the door for a prize drawing. They drew my name and I won a pair of LaFont glasses with prescription lenses. My lenses really add up with being fairly blind, transitions, progressive and the ultra light weight lenses. After insurance I usually pay about $200 to $300. I like the pair I picked out from the LaFont better than the ones I paid for so I am wearing them this week. Yay for getting internet! Welcome back to cyberspace. We are in the 70’s this week with daily thunderstorms. Our snow is just a bad memory now. However, I’ll believe we are free of snowstorms about the middle of June. Showing 16 properties this weekend certainly burned off calories!

Hi Deegee! Are you thinking about rings this week? I am SERIOUSLY considering a channel set band from WF. I want that ACA melee; my diamond deserves it. Twist my arm! I could return my 3mm band for credit but it's not a necessity. I am firmly convinced that 3mm band will rarely come out of my ring box though so why keep it?

I just sent Woman’s Day magazine a snippy email. They have sent my mom 4 renewal notices now. The past 3 I have written “Deceased – Please cancel subscription” and returned to them. She had signed up for auto-renewals and each notice got a little pushier about “you promised to pay”. I said ENOUGH!!! How insensitive can you be? Grr!

Work was okay today. The boss was out; I had lots of meetings so the day went fast.

Breakfast was fruit and cereal. Snack was 2 tiny muffins. Lunch was 2 pieces of cold pizza (the smallest ones left) and supper was ½ a BBQ rib, a baked potato, cherubs and corn on the cob.

My niece in law (I think she is late 20’s to early 30’s) was checked in to the hospital yesterday. Her kidney and liver were almost shut down – apparently she drinks way too much, rarely eats and never drinks water. They got things working again and sent her home today but I hope the whole experience scared the crud out of her and she finds her path to a healthier life. I think both she and my nephew put away a few bottles of wine each day. I have always kind of suspected they maybe do some drugs because they have wild mood swings, are reclusive and always are very nervous at family events. They come late then leave early and unexpectedly. They back out of things at the last minute. My nephew has really matured and become more responsible and has been a lot better for a few years but she has actually gotten worse. She doesn’t want to work, sleeps a lot. She’s not in a good place. I know they have a lot of work ahead of them. Send some healthy PS vibes their way if you are so inclined.

Marty’s trip to Bangladesh is postponed for awhile so he’ll be home probably until mid June. The in-laws and my sister-in-law will be descending on us for about a week and a half. Speaking of drinking – my consumption will be going up. The in-laws are retired and alcohol is on the top of their to-do list each day. My father-in-law actually travels with a little bar kit. The one day Marty and I started when they did last summer we were both smashed before supper. We are not in practice.

Take care.
Marcy aka Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is a from WF of their channel set band with their 3mm scattered band. I cropped and stuck my diamond on top of it. The band is slightly wider than my ering but I think it looks okay. What are your thoughts? (other than pointing out the obvious I needed to crop my diamond better in PS Elements but that would have taken some google research first. :bigsmile:)

ringssample.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I think the channel set band is lovely! About the other one, if you really don't think you'll wear it then just return it. Seriously, life is too short to have stuff you don't wear staring you in the face every time you open your jewelry box (says she of the box of unworn jewels... :rolleyes: ). That's crazy about your niece-in-law. Maybe this will be the wake up call she needs and she'll get help. PS dust coming her way. And I know what you mean about being in practice! When I was in KC I didn't drink much because I was alone most of the time (not that I object to drinking alone!) but it just wasn't any fun and when I did go out I had to drive so I would limit myself to one drink, so when I would come home to Chicago or go visit my friends I would have two glasses of wine and be down on all four barking like dog!

Yesterday I was *better* on the food front (note I didn't say perfect!). When I came home I had some left over Chinese food from the night before. Note to self: that lightly fried cashew chicken that is so good fresh in the restaurant does not do well the next day!

I am going to a conference today and tomorrow so I'll be at the mercy of whatever food choices they put out. This is a pretty high end organization so hopefully it will be better than the typical rock hard croissant and unripe melon continental breakfast and the rubber chicken swimming in white sauce for lunch!

Ok, off I go!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I hope your niece-in-law gets the help she needs and that she gets to a better place. My maternal grandmother died at 49 from drinking too much and never eating--it ruined her liver. I love wine, but I had to rein it in with having a child plus my husband is good for about 1 beer and he's bored with it. After my divorce a few years ago I was drinking a lot more than I should have been and I'm glad I got out of that rut because it's no fun. Some people can't just stop one day, though, it takes something very serious happening to scare them enough to get help. I had a friend message me on FB 8 months ago begging me to help her get help to stop drinking. I had no idea that she was putting away a fifth of vodka every day. We weren't that close, but I felt like I should've known or seen the signs. Nope. Some people are good at hiding their addictions, too good for their OWN good. Anyway we got her to a detox center and she's 8 months sober, and I'm really happy for her. She's about the same age as your NIL. I have high hopes for them both.

Hang in there during your in-laws' visit! My trick if I'm drinking with people who LOVE their wine and start early is to mix mine with diet Sprite and ice. Trust me, I'm not ruining some expensive wine with that! It keeps me from getting carried away. Not that I don't miss getting carried away...like DeeJay, more than a couple glasses and I'm the life of the party. I can't recover as easily from those nights anymore though, and dealing with a cranky toddler when you're hungover doesn't sound like a good time.

DeeJay, I hope your conference goes well and that the food doesn't suck. Hey, I think showing 16 properties in a weekend totally constitutes a major workout, btw!

Where is DeeGee??? I hope she is recovered from the deer accident.

I walked 30 minutes yesterday, and then I got really ambitious today and decided to do from one end of the trail to the other, and back. That's 4.8 miles (can we just call it 5?), the first 1.5 of which I jogged/walked. Poor Daisy barely made it back to the car. I plugged my numbers into Sparkpeople and allegedly I burned 493 calories which is good because I had pizza for lunch. Tonight I'm making fresh spinach salads (spinach from my garden, yay!) with strawberries, red onion, a little mozzarella, and lite balsamic vinaigrette. One of my neighbors is coming over so that means Two Glass Tuesday...I'm not even going to try to add up those calories but hopefully my walk today has me breaking even or got me a little bit of a deficit. I think I'm going to have to start doing the math and actually paying attention if I ever want to lose some weight. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I am right there with you girl on having a box full of jewelry that never get’s worn. They all yell “pick me” when I open the box but I repeatedly go to about 10 different rings and maybe 4 pairs of earring. My pendants and bracelets are totally ignored anymore. It is hard to pick a ring out from a picture. I knew 1 pointers or less wouldn’t have much of a presence so that is kind of my own fault. The Tiffany band has 2 pointers and while it’s not a lot of sparkle you notice it. I have worn a solitaire so long this ering is fine but it has a little thinner band than my old solitaire ring. I am not sure if I like the wring wider than the ering which is something I need to figure out. If I find an ering I like I’d want to send it all to WF to mount my diamond which might be weird to do. Sounds like I have NO idea what I want. I guess my niece starts dialysis tomorrow, what they have tried so far hasn’t worked. Her mom got to town today so hopefully that will help her out. I don’t mind a glass or two of wine anymore but that’s about my limit. LOL that you were down on all fours barking like a dog after two glasses of wine; I just can’t picture that. Isn’t it sad how some food just doesn’t heat up well? I hope the food selection at your conference tomorrow is delicious and not too unhealthy. Have fun!

Monnie, you are a walking machine today! I am so sorry to hear about your maternal grandmother. It is so true that we can get in a rut and drink for whatever reason but hopefully most of us realize this is probably not a good idea and I need to make some changes in my life. That is great to hear your friend has been sober for 8 months. A fifth of vodka every day? Wow. I am glad she reached out to you and got some help. Good idea to mix some Sprite with wine to make it go further. I also keep ice water with me so I drink it at the same time. I bet dealing with a busy toddler when you are hung over is not fun. I’d be like “Mommy needs a bloody Mary then you can get up.” Ha Ha. I need to start using my Fitness Pal app again. Good idea!

Hi Deegee! How are you doing?

I have a case of the crankies tonight. I don’t even know why.

Work was okay be we had a mistake that was discovered too late to change. Then I found some more mistakes still with time left to fix. Way to start the day. I walked down the hall to ask someone a question and missed a conference call they moved to accommodate my schedule. Oh well one of my employees grabbed my phone and took care of it. One of my employees is a classic “it’s not my fault” finger pointer and they sure got to me today. We ALL make mistakes. Admit it and move it.

Marty made us some noodles, leftover steak, asparagus and garlic bread for supper.

I am off to look through the eye candy thread to get ideas.

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1400100991|3672884 said:

LOL Monnie, right back at you my old friend! I am so happy to see you, Marcy, Dee and hello to you DeeGee, it will be great to get to know you!

So, updating my doings, latest thing is Pilates, I have a trainer/ torturer and I think he definitely has a sadistic streak :errrr: , but I am loving the results. I didn't realize you could get such good results without running or equipment but it really is effective so I keep going back to him week after week. We have a one on one session as I find I get more out of it than a class personally, I like that he tailor makes the session/torture just for me. It can be brutally hard as he makes me work but it's definitely waking up lazy old muscles and I like the leaner look I get. At Christmas, I had been pounding the hills too hard on the treadmill and my calf muscles were much too big. Fine in jeans but I had to wear a cocktail dress for Hubby's company party, I was aghast to see calves that Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been proud of....
yikes2.gif

But that taught me that I need to concentrate on more speed, less hills and so far Pilates and some cardio seems to be having the desired results.

Great job everyone for sticking at it! :appl: I will pop in regularly to cheer you on and let you know of my doings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Lorelei, we are having pants weather here. I had Marty take me to work in case we got a hailstorm today. Denver really got pounded. I am glad you found a trainer / torturer that is helping you with Pilates. It sounds like it is working great for you. Too cute your hard-earned calf muscles were noticeable with your dress. I am sure you looked fine though. Marty will be in the UK next month.

Good news on my niece. Right when they were preparing her for dialysis they took another round of tests and her kidneys had started to function on their own. They are moving her out of ICU so hopefully she’ll continue to improve. My sister works at a hospital so she is making an appointment for my nephew to get his liver scanned and get whatever help he might need to get off alcohol. They have a long haul ahead of them. I guess they don’t have health insurance either.

I have 2 things coming from Whiteflash. They are sending me a teddy bear. :appl: Too funny - I will have one to add to my collection and I also have a .55 ctw channel set band on order. I am trading in my 3mm scattered band. Dee Jay was right – why leave it in my jewelry box if I never wear it? Since I want yellow gold the order is custom and higher than their standard price. Rats. That means it’s not returnable either but I love channel set rings and there is no way I won’t like the diamonds. I am anxious to see it. I told my saleslady this was all on me – the band just didn’t have enough sparkle for me. I am not unhappy with their quality or service. I just want something with a bit more sparkle for my band. I might look at a few erings this weekend but unless I find something that knocks my socks off I’ll probably leave my ering alone. For now that is. Of course this means I won’t be getting sapphire earrings or a larger Kentucky Blue sapphire.

We stopped for Mexican food on the way home. I stayed out of the chips mostly and had 1 ½ tacos. I stopped when I was full.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results