shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my diamond (mounted with wax) and two 3mm scattered diamond bands. I think I will be very happy with my new rings and diamond. :bigsmile:

_17333.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday.

Dee Jay, I did forget to tell you how wonderful it is that you love your job and your boss. That makes what you do seem like you are not working but just enjoying yourself. Should I buy our realtor a gift card? The one we had for our house didn't deserve one but I think I'll get this guy a gift card for a restaurant. He obviously did a good job for us.

Deegee, I like yellow cake donuts with chocolate frosting or warm glazed donuts. I know how you feel with the end of your vacation coming soon. I remember how sad I was when we were leaving Pebble Beach. It is no fun to go back to reality. I am pretty excited about my ring.

Today has been errands from heck day. I got my parents utilities cancelled starting Monday. They must do it by weeks because they did the same thing when we moved that it starts on the following Monday.

Closing was okay except they called me to come back and sign something because they had printed out the wrong thing for me to sign.

I've been dealing with trying to get my rings and diamonds purchased today. Wow do they scrutinize you for buying something on a credit card. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition when they buy a diamond ring. :lol:

Tomorrow I am going to go pick out and order my bridesmaid dress. That is going to be painful. I am going to insist on sleeves or a jacket. The bride wants us all to have the same fabric and color but doesn't care what dresses we pick.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats, I tried to update my avatar and it won't save a new image because my display name is already taken. It successfully deleted my old avatar though. :confused:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon and happy Saturday!

This is Marcy no avatar. I ship my diamond away and it got so sad it took away my avatar.

I got my first service on my car this morning. A friend went with me so we had breakfast, then picked out my bridesmaid dress - AAAK then we went shopping. I got a few things for the kitchen and Marty a Bowes Sound Link Air. It was a fun day.

I will meet Marty at the 19th hole when he is done playing golf.

I emailed the girl at Whiteflash this morning after staring at the picture of my diamond because of the dark "bow tie ish" thing in the middle. Yes, I know better than to think an ACA would have a bow tie but it made me nervous. Even though she is off this weekend she answered me reassuring me it was fine. I always suffer from the post purchase freak out is this what I want, I spent to much money, blah, blah, blah.

I bought a little tray for candy of teddy bears so I am going to make ice cubes for Marty. :bigsmile:

Laters,
Curby no Avatar

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Sunday! Yes it's true we are having another snow storm here today. Boo.

I have a roast in the oven - it smells good enough to eat. Good thing, huh?

I am working on laundry today since Marty is jetting off to the east coast this week.

Dee Jay - is your place done yet? When do you anticipate moving?

Deegee, are you home yet? I know you have a marvelous time on the beach.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your no avatar is definitely not as pretty as your last avatar! I hope you can get it fixed when you get your fabulous new rings. How long will it take? The picture you posted looks awesome. Are they custom making the mounting for the diamond based on their scatter band? I think you will be very happy! Woo-hoo! I can't wait to see it. I remember purchasing from WF with a credit card, having to fax stuff back, copy of my license, etc. It wasn't quick and easy, but totally worth the hassle in the end! Wow-I feel for you being a bridesmaid. It's good you can pick your own dress though. I haven't gone sleeveless in a very long time. When I lost all that weight, I was exercising a lot, but apparently not doing the right exercises to tighten up my arms. Nobody wants to see that!

Dee*Jay-what dose of magnesium are you taking to prevent migraines?

I'm back home. Bummer. We had such an awesome week with good friends last week. We all needed a week of doing nothing. I didn't go to work today because I woke up yesterday morning with a migraine and then had to ride in a car for 9 hours home. Miserable day, and I couldn't baby my achy head! It still hurts, but not as bad as it did. Matt came home to check on me at lunch today and to being me some food, and he ended up staying home the rest of the day. We're putting off reality for one more day, but really have to get back with it tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sunrise from our deck on the next to last morning we were there. Check out the deer on the dune.

_17482.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Monday Evening!

Deegee, that’s a great sunrise photo on the beach. Very cool that you caught a deer out there too. I am always amazed at how tiny the deer are back east – they are much larger around here. You guys have more moisture and vegetation than we do but we grow them larger. Maybe they need to be larger to survive in the harsh winters around here. Good idea for you and Matt to put off reality for one more day. It is always rough to go back to work after a wonderful vacation. I am glad to hear your migraine is better, what a miserable day for you to travel home though. I filled out a form to PS customer service on my avatar but I haven’t received a reply. I might have to go create a new account just to get my new ring as my avatar!

I did have 2 question answering sessions with WF today. I guess everything looked right except my age. I googled myself and saw age ranges from 43 to 65. No wonder they were confused. Someone else called me about an hour later with a lot more specific, detailed questions and I got all of them right (like I knew answers about myself or something). I feel like I was interviewing for a job and was excited to pass so I could buy a diamond. To be fair though I am glad places are so cautious about identity theft anymore.

WF also notified me my ring had arrived today and would be evaluated then they’d let me know in 2 – 3 business days if they would credit me what they offered on the diamond. I got an email a few hours later that my diamond passed, my credit card had been charged and my order was being processed. Woo hoo! I should have new wedding rings with a shiny new diamond in a few weeks. I wanted to say – what I don’t get to go to the front of the list? I am almost as anxious to see their glamour shots as to see my diamond in person.

I am wearing my EC RHR as my wedding ring with my diamond anniversary band. My right hand is a larger size so my ring is flopping around my left finger like crazy. I think I will retire that as a replacement ering.

Marty is in New Jersey this week. He said it was at least warm there.

ETA: I have an appointment with the estate attorney on May 7 - I should get a better idea then what else I have to do, how long things will take and what things I need to worry about for taxes. I think I'll go see a CPA as well. One firm here in town was recommended to me that specializes in estates.

Hi Dee Jay!

Take care.
Marcy no avatar

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby No Avatar, what happened to your picture? Ella can't help you get a photo back up? Technology stuff like this makes me crazy! I'm so excited about your new ring!!! Are you going to buy new sunglasses so it doesn't blind you once it arrives? It sounds like things are going "well" with the estate. (Well, you know what I mean.) I'm sure it will be a huge relief to have everything finally done though. And I channeled you this morning when I was pulling my car out of the garage to run to the paint store at 6:30. I will have absolutely destroyed my rims by the time I move out of this parking garage.

Deegee, your beach vacation pics make me long to go sit somewhere quiet and sandy and drink a cocktail. But only for an hour and then I'll have to go and do something else because you know I can't be still for too long -- HA! I'm taking 200 mg of magnesium citrate (not oxide). I should take it 3 times a day but I'm lucky if I remember two! The past two months my migraines have been less severe than in the months before I started taking the magnesium, but who knows if there's a real correlation or if the headaches wouldn't have been as bad anyway. That's the problem with this sort of thing--you just never know!

Today the painters are finishing up! The hardwood floor guy starts on Thursday, which will go until the following Tuesday, then we have to stay off of the floors for a few days. On Friday the 9th I am having my washer/dryer delivered, mirrors installed in the bathrooms, baseboards put in, and I am DONE. (OK, we am I kidding? I'm sure there will be LOTS more to do, but you know what I mean!) And today I have to order appliances. I'm surprised my Am Ex hasn't burst into flames at this point... !!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I forgot to answer your question about a gift card for your realtor. I'm sure he would be THRILLED! I am always SO grateful when my clients do something nice for me. Many people think geez, you just got paid SO DAMN MUCH, that should be ENOUGH! And yes, getting paid for the work you do is *enough*, but when someone appreciates me in some way it means a ton to me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's that kind of a night in Wyoming.

img_4526.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, thanks for the confirmation that it is a nice gesture to give my realtor a gift card. I will take care of that this week! He really went above and beyond for me; of course he was one of my dad’s buddies but I really appreciate getting the house sold in such a short time. Is there a way I can contact Ella other than just filling out a form on the “contact us” section? I have tried to add an avatar on my iPad, my phone and my laptop. Maybe my diamond is getting even with me for trading it off. Too funny I am going to need sunglasses to look at my new diamond. I admit I am very anxious to see it. I am very relieved to know the estate may be wrapped up soon. I have some hoops to jump through to get a trailer transferred to someone but that will be more time consuming and annoying than anything else. Sorry you were channeling me getting out of the garage – the rims on my 2010 were absolutely trashed on 3 out of my 4 tires. I agree with you setting on a beach and having a cocktail sounds wonderful but I am sure you’d be up and doing something in no time. Whether the magnesium is truly helping or it’s just a coincidence your migraines are less severe will remain a mystery but that is always a good thing when migraines don’t beat on you so bad. How exciting you are closing in on finishing your new place. We don’t want your Am Ex bursting in to flames. Although hat would be a great trick.

Deegee, did you go back to work today? I hope you are feeling better.

We have really strong winds, blowing snow and it feels like 20 right now. I needed my winter coat out there. Yo mother nature – May 1st is right around the corner!

I passed my dental exam today and I didn’t even study.

Well, off to pick up the house before the cleaning lady comes tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby no avatar

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby No Avatar, I would use the “report concern” button to get some help on your avatar. Every time I’ve ever contacted them through that means I’ve gotten a response. How much of a mm difference will you be going up with the new stone? A couple more upgrades and we’ll have you at 3 cts!!! And LOL on passing your dental exam.

The painting is done but I am p!ssed off about the baseboards (too complicated to type out) so I want the painter to come back and deal with that. And the hardwood floor guy was supposed to start tomorrow but he just told the CB he may not be able to come until next week. WTF? We’ve had this scheduled for ages! I guess worst case it will push my move out another week, but really, ENOUGH ALREADY. Big sigh.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby No Avatar, I would use the “report concern” button to get some help on your avatar. Every time I’ve ever contacted them through that means I’ve gotten a response. How much of a mm difference will you be going up with the new stone? A couple more upgrades and we’ll have you at 3 cts!!! And LOL on passing your dental exam.

The painting is done but I am p!ssed off about the baseboards (too complicated to type out) so I want the painter to come back and deal with that. And the hardwood floor guy was supposed to start tomorrow but he just told the CB he may not be able to come until next week. WTF? We’ve had this scheduled for ages! I guess worst case it will push my move out another week, but really, ENOUGH ALREADY. Big sigh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday, Indeed!

Dee Jay, great idea to use the report concern button. I just did that so hopefully someone can help me get my avatar fixed. My new diamond is almost an entire mm more. I told Marty it will seem huge for a while but then all of my RHR will start to seem small. :lol: I don't plan on upgrading my diamond again but then I didn't think I'd upgrade my 1 carat either. Hopefully I will get some of those great WF glamour shots next week. Holy crap that you have some more construction delays! Although the contractors who built our house weren't really working for us we were not impressed with their non-chalent do it when they get to it methods. It is so frustrating. I sure hope you are moved in to your new place by my birthday at the end of May. I've already sent out invitations for the surprise party we are holding there that day. :bigsmile: Surprise!

Deegee, watch for your invitation to the party!

I stayed home today for multiple reasons. The wind is still at hurricane force strength, the walks are all icy, the high pressure system bringing the winds makes my sinuses feel like my head is going to explode and my joints are really talking to me. I also decided a mental health day was long overdue. I would also be late for work to let in my cleaning lady plus have to come home to pay her at lunchtime and lock up the house. All of the above resulted in "I'm staying home sick today".

I am working on my club newsletter and might venture out to get groceries later but my guess is I won't budge off the couch.

Have a great day!
Marcy no avatar new diamond on the way Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I love the clock over your fireplace! The clock I bought a few weeks ago is still sitting in the floor. I wonder if the neighbors who came to take care of the cats while we were gone found a giant clock propped against the wall to be odd. I wish they'd offer to help hang it! I'm so proud of you for passing all of your tests for diamond buying and healthy teeth! Your weather sounds completely crappy, and I do not blame you one little bit for staying home. Mental health days do a world of good! And I am feeling much better, thanks. Yesterday was iffy, but today is good.

Dee*Jay-thanks for the magnesium info. Is your head sore after you've had a migraine? I had my monthly hair appointment yesterday (got to keep that gray hair in check), and my head felt really sore and tender when my stylist was washing the dye out of my hair. I had forgotten about that when I decided not to change my appointment. Dummy me. I also forgot to bring earplugs to keep the water away from my healing eardrum. I feel like such a freaking old lady! Par-Tay at Dee*Jay's!!! Yippee!

Today as a loooong day at work. Those of us on a certain server lost all network connectivity at around 1 pm and never got it back. It was a very boring afternoon but on the plus side I left work on time instead of working late. My poor parents-going through all they are right now with dad, chemo, and him being extremely sick...a contractor came on Friday to trim tree limb out of a power line. Yep-limb fell, took out the power, cable and phone lines. When everything came back up, they discovered their brand new dishwasher, the Keurig machine I bought mom in March, microwave, front loading washing machine, dryer, garage door opener, and wireless router all got fried. Anything that was digital instead of analog bit the dust. My poor mom spent all day today at the laundry mat once someone got the garage door opened so she could get out. She's having to deal with both the contractor's insurance as well as her own, and she's in big bad need of a washer & dryer more than anything else with dad being so sick. Mom is a very strong lady, but everything is getting to the point of being more than she can handle. Send good thoughts her way, please. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some day that sucker is going on the wall over the shelf. Some day...
Grrrr sideways pic!

_17567.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear the the tree limb took out so many things in your parents house. I hate to hear they have to get those things replaced and work with insurance to pay for it all. I am sending many good thoughts there way. They have both been through a lot and this is definitely an extra burden on your mom to take care of this on top of everything else. I am glad you are feeling better today. I am better tonight but the wind is still howling out there. We found our clock at a local furniture store. It really fits the spot over the mantle. I am about ready to crank on the fireplace again since I am chilly. Hopefully you guys will get your clock hung up soon, I'd love to see a picture of it.

It sounds like Marty will be traveling quite a bit over the next couple of weeks. Rats. Party at Marcy's.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deegee|1398910408|3664055 said:
Some day that sucker is going on the wall over the shelf. Some day...

And it will look GREAT! I really like it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday* kids!

*Or happy Friday Eve as my admin just said!

Curby No Avatar New Diamond On The Way, I LOL’d at the party – SURPRISE! comment! Ha! Good idea to say home on a day like yesterday. Do you have Pea Pod where you live? Probably not because I think they’re only in major metro areas, but I know people who use it and LOVE it. Basically you place a grocery order on-line and they bring it to your house. What an amazing concept! I think I might try using it in the newplace.

Deegee, woah! That’s such a bummer about all your parent’s electronics. I’m so sorry to hear all your mom has to deal with, and now this too. My head doesn’t hurt after a migraine but they typically travel down my neck to my shoulder (almost always on the left side) and that is sore for a couple of day s after. Yah to the Old Ladies Club – I’m right there with you sister!

So the hardwood floor guy called last night and said he will start tomorrow and be done by Wednesday so I really can move in next weekend! I am in the home stretch here and I’m just so damn EAGER to get in there! Not sure if you saw my thread in Hangout but I’m thinking of hanging a big (8’ x 8’) rug on one of the walls. With blue/grey walls and the super dark ceiling I am going to go *wild* and put up the one with orange lettering. What do you think? Here’s a link to the thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-sonnet-rug-would-someone-please-translate.201410/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/french-sonnet-rug-would-someone-please-translate.201410/[/URL]

And I just ordered some Stikwood for the soffet between the high and low ceiling. I love the idea of a timber loft feel and although this won’t “fool” anybody into thinking it’s a real beam (not that that’s my intention, I just like the visual texture of wood), I think it will add an interesting touch. Here’s a link to some images. I’m going with the black cherry, which is the darkest option. https://www.google.com/search?q=stikwood+black+cherry&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kk5iU4KvA8SuyASE34KIDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=996&bih=710 The product is pretty amazing BTW. It’s basically 1/8” slices of real wood that are self-adhesive. Cool!

I swear if I weren’t so old and set in my career I’d become a designer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, Eve Indeed! And Marty comes home tomorrow.

Dee Jay, I thought my “surprise” party at your new place would get your attention. We do not have a Pea Pod here but our Kings Soopers delivers. Of course you sign up online and it can’t find my address. Rats. I need to stop in and just talk to them - I can take them a map. How exciting you’ll be moving in very soon. I like the French rug. I took French through junior high, high school and college – and most of it is “Greek” to me. The Stikwood will look great on the ceiling. I cannot wait to see finished pictures of it. It is going to look amazing! You would be an amazing designer.

Our wind has calmed to 30 – 45 mph gusts. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I need to feed Marty for at least a few days. He heads out again on Sunday then will be back the following Saturday. He’s probably going to Bangladesh in a few weeks. He is such a world traveler.

Hi Deegee!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I took Latin in school. The only time it does me any good is on the New York Times crossword puzzle.

I'm so p!ssed off right now I could spit. The contractor was supposed to get all the debris out of the place on Wed...then it was yesterday...then it was 6 o'clock this morning...oh, I meant 6 o'clock TONIGHT. WTF? My hardwood floor guys are here trying to work around the bug pile of stuff. I just had a FIT. He supposed to be here any second now but I am just livid.

Breathe Dee, breathe.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Dee Jay, at least all my years of French helped my grade average. It was easy A's for me. I didn't study a lot in college - but I worked my way up to a 4.0 the last semester. I should go back to school now to actually learn things, I have drinking down pretty well now. I can't believe the contractor didn't have your place cleared out in time for the floor guys to start. I would be very upset too. I bet your place is looking more and more amazing!

Work seemed to take forever today. Marty got home about 11:30. I left a piece of round steak cooking in the crock pot with BBQ sauce for supper. I squeezed some baked potatoes in on the side so all I had to cook was some veggies. Voila! Instant supper. (See French came in handy there. :lol: ) It was still amazing how many dishes I had for an instant supper.

I need to do laundry tonight or tomorrow. Marty is leaving again early Sunday morning.

Have a great weekend! :wavey:

Hi Deegee.

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-come and decorate my house. Pleeeeease! We moved in mid-June 2013, and I still have yet to hang a single picture. I decided I'm taking down the curtain rods in the family room because they make me feel guilty that I haven't ordered curtains. I like the brightness of the room and I think adding any kind of curtain, even if I didn't close them, would darken it. Did everything work out with the contractor and the floor guys? I like the idea of a big rug on the wall. I took several years of Latin, but no French. I still remember " Latin is a dead language, as dead as it can be. First it killed the Romans, and now it's killing me!"

Marcy-waiting for your ring is driving me nuts! How can you stand it? Argh!! Matt thinks since I have wanted a sapphire ring for so long, I should pick out a loose sapphire and have a ring made. Picking out a loose colored stone makes me nervous. Diamonds are easy with the signature cuts and cut advisor tool. I've been browsing Gemfix and doing a little studying. DBL has an oval sapphire halo ring for $4600, but I don't know if that's a good or bad price for an uncertified sapphire. Am I allowed to post a link to it? Marty is definitely a world traveler! Does he like to travel? Matt is heading out to his Louisville office on Monday. The Derby is this weekend, and he's hoping all the craziness clears out by Monday.

I slept hard last night. I have been unpacking bags from our trip and doing laundry all day. We bought a new self-propelled lawn mower last night. (I shouldn't admit this, but I didn't wear my rings to work yesterday. Matt called me at work to tell me he wanted to go to Home Depot and he'd just pick me up on the way. I told him I needed to go home first to get something. My rings had been soaking in cleaner all day, and I just love the way Home Depot lighting makes them look! I didn't tell him that's why I needed to go home first. Ha ha!) Matt refuses to hire a lawn guy. It took him about 3 hours to mow today since we were gone last week and the grass was really high. We're getting ready to go eat and make a walmart run. We're out of everything! Oh, and I have done really well this week with food and Matt and I have been taking a walk every night. Got to get back in the habit. The dryer just called my name. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, I am going absolutely bonkers, crazy waiting for my diamond and rings. I always get buyer’s remorse after buying something – why did I spend the money, will I like it, was it what I wanted, blah blah blah. Since Marty didn’t want me to buy online I sure hope my ACA lives up to all my expectations. I always pick out loose sapphires then find a ring I like it in. Colored stones are certainly harder to pick out sight unseen. As long as you buy from someplace with a decent return policy you should be okay. I think Whiteflash can find sapphires for you. A lot of their custom gemstone jewelry looks amazing. You can probably get some good advice in CS on the ring you like. Everyone else posts links to rings and diamonds so I don’t see why you can’t. I’ll go take a look at it for you. Marty is quite the world traveler and right now he likes to travel. He likes to see different places and try new cuisine. I like a bright dining room and living room but I definitely want a dark bedroom. I did LOL at going home to get your rings to see them under the lights at Home Depot. I’ll have to go there and to Lowes when my new ring arrives – if it EVER does. Yay for eating well and going for walks this week. Ugh to 3 hours of lawn mowing. We won’t have to start mowing here for a few more weeks I don’t believe we’ve had our last snowstorm. I hope Louisville is back to normal when Matt gets there this week.

Dee Jay, how is your place coming along today?

We got up early. Marty had an eye appointment at 7:45. I went in as well to see about the glasses I won – they had no clue what I was talking about but the glasses I paid for 3 weeks ago were there to pick up. Nice they called me! I have to go back Wednesday to talk to the optical office manager about the glasses I won. The prescription is slightly different in my new glasses so I feel like I am drunk today trying to see things. I am sure my brain will adjust quickly.

We went to Perkins for breakfast (yay for a 20% off coupon) and Marty headed to the golf course and I went on my round of errands. I met Marty at the 19th hole a while ago and we split a burger and fries and had a drink. We are having supper with friends.

Marty is washing my car now. Yippee!!! :appl:

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put this together today of my new diamond. So far so good. :lol: I am really hoping the rings look good, are nice and sturdy and the diamond is a sparkling / fire machine.

diaimages.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Deegee, I totally understand about going home to get your rings so could enjoy them in the good light. There is a restaurant by me that Bill and I would go to all the time just because I loved the lighting (I never told him that part though, I just pretended I had a hankering for the skirt steak!). I think that clock will look great on the wall! Instead of mounting it above the shelf though, why not just set it on the shelf and see how it looks? Assuming of course it's not so heavy it would be a structural issue, and that you don't have other things you want to put on the shelf.

Curvy, your ring is gorgeous! It will be so stunning on your hand it will stop traffic--don't drive with your hand hanging out the window, you'll cause an accident! Does Marty bring you cool things back from all the places he goes? That could be one way to get interesting decorating items for your house, although getting bigger stuff home could be a hassle. Shipping from some places may also be a PITA. A friend of mine shipped a rug from Istanbul and it was a major headache. I brought a hand carved teak walking stick in the shape of a dragon back from Bali on a plane and I Really had to do some sweet talking at the airport to let me stuff that sucker on the overhead bin!

So the latest trauma/drama with the house is the floors... The guy stained them yesterday AND put on the first coat of polyurethaine and they are very very very red/orange/pink to me. NOT the walnut brown I was going for. The CB said they aren't as bad as I'm imagining, and I really think I must see color in more extremes than other people. I look at my walls and see BABY BLUE. Other people see grey with a little blue. I loom at the floors and see red/orange/pink. Pat and the floor guy see brown with a little orange. I womder if this is a real thing or if I'm just plain crazy. Maybe I should google it. Then again, maybe I shouldn't!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, that is pretty funny you wanted to go to a restaurant because it has good diamond light. I totally understand these things. :bigsmile: I fully expect my gigantic diamond to glow in the dark. I’ll have to lock it up at night so I can sleep. 8-) I think it will be safer for me to drive with my hand out the window though because if I start looking at it I’ll run in to a curb or something. Marty does bring me home things sometimes but often he only has time to shop in the airports. I bet you had to do a lot of sweet-talking to get your walking stick on the plane and in the overhead compartments. Rats that you see “colors” in your floor that you don’t want or expect to see.

Marty left this morning for DIA about 7:30. His flight was delayed about 45 minutes but he made it to Texas. He’ll have a busy week for work. He flies on to New Jersey Tuesday.

I washed sheets, blankets and did some stock up on stuff shopping today. The excitement of the day has been overwhelming. :lol:

Hi Deegee!

Laters,
Curby no avator no diamond ring

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- to be quite honest, I'd love to get rid of the shelf altogether! I know taking it down would mess up the wall and it would take me forever to hire someone to fix it because I'd like to have the walls painted a darker color but don't know what...see where I'm going? It's just best if I leave it there and work with it. I hope your floors aren't as bad as you're thinking, but it's aggravating when things don't turn out! Especially is you're going for walnut and they're orangey pink!

Macy-I love your collage! Your ring will sparkle at night. Especially when you're out stargazing! You won't be able to concentrate on the sky, for sure. Here's the link to the finished ring. http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/sapphire-ring-214ct-blue-oval-shape-sapphire-and-diamond-halo-ring-r5598 I like the idea of a finished ring since I'm so bad with these things. I also found a couple stones on Gemfix I'm thinking of contacting them about. I'm thinking for a RHR I'd like to have a halo, but then again a 3-stone would be nice too. See why I need it finished already? I'm with you on needing a dark bedroom. I'm used to my heavy velvet blackout curtains. I had such a hard time sleeping at the beach. Even the moon lit up the room!

I did more laundry today. Good heavens, how can 2 people have so much laundry? I had planned to get something done today, like pressure wash the deck or paint the trim around the front door. Nope! Matt and I chillaxed (vacation word- means zoned out, did nothing) on the deck this afternoon listening to birdies and enjoying the breeze. If you closed your eyes, you could almost mistake the wind blowing through the leaves as waves crashing on the shore. Almost! Food today was fruit for breakfast, chips & salsa for lunch, and pizza for dinner. I really derailed there, didn't I? Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Today was a busy day at work, but I made myself leave at quitting time. We got to go see our new office space at the end of the day, and we're expecting to move in about 2 weeks. I think we're going to seriously be lacking in privacy. I don't get this new work environment trend where everyone is out in the open and cube walls are so short you can see right over them while you're sitting down. There are no walls up or furniture placed yet so maybe I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I get after today's visit. Bummer. Matt left early this morning, so I'm hanging out with the pets. I had fruit for breakfast, a hamburger from Wendy's for lunch, and leftover pizza for dinner. I did so well last week, but this week so far has been a bust! Tomorrow is a busy day with meetings and trainings all day. Did I already have a vacation? I sure could go again. Have a great evening!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results