carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Monnie, I love the wine with 7UP idea! I was a bartender in law school during the days of the wine spritzer. Actually there were all kinds of crazy things coming out then—remember Zima? I think it was some sort of vodka mixed drink in a bottle… ? And that’s crazy about your FB friend and the fifth of vodka a day!

Curby, I get a little crazy over those “it’s not my fault” people. I make plenty of mistakes—we all do!--and I am happy to admit them. One of my friends calls them “learning experiences.” Another of my friends who works for PWC refers to them as “opportunities for excellence.” Ah, the consultant mindset!

Lorelei, I have walked past the pilates rooms at the gym and they look like people subjecting themselves to medieval torture devices or some sort of wacky S&M thing with their clothes on! Good for you though for finding something you enjoy—that’s half the battle!

Deegee, hey there! :wavey:

Breakfast at the conference the past two days we as bad as I imagined it would be (maybe worse… ) and we were left on our own for lunch. (Seriously -- $1,695 for a two day conference and they couldn’t even provide a piece of rubber chicken and some over cooked vegetables?) I had a lousy tuna on too much fluffy bread sandwich yesterday, followed up with a too sweet mocha, but today I had turkey chili and it was not bad.

Last night I was awakened by the noise of water gurgling up through the drain in my guest bathroom and laundry room. We had a heavy sudden rain and the sewer backed up. I was NOT HAPPY. The association had someone out this morning to rod it out and the CB is going to put in backflow preventers but I really did not need that sort of aggravation!

OK, off to review my showing requests for the weekend and then to bed. The real estate market is crazy here—a lot of the things my clients want to see go under contract before we can even get in!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I actually used to drink wine and 7up. They were the precursor to wine coolers. I really get annoyed with people who don’t own up to their mistakes. I like the “opportunities for excellence” theory. Well done. The food they served at the conference sounds pretty nasty. How awful to have the sewer back up! I hope the association got that all cleaned out and taken care of today. That is great the real estate market is good there.

The long weekend is almost here. Woo hoo!

Not much exciting going on around here today. I am trying to get my new ring order processed. Hopefully I’ll get the ring in early June. I wore my channel set band with my ering today. I think it’s my favorite combo for rings and I have every confidence the ACA melee in the WF band will be a vast improvement.

I turned in vacation requests for the week my in-laws will be here. Rats. I was trying to avoid that. I hate to waste vacation time to hang out with them.

Hi Deegee, Monnie and Lorelei!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday and start of a LONG weekend! :wavey:

We got off work at 3 today. Sweet. I stopped and got gas on the way home and I think most of the town got off work early; it was CRAZY out there!

We are having a cocktail and Marty is reading.

I went to the post office during an early lunch today to return my 3mm band to WF. The return instructions want the package registered and insured. What fun getting a package ready to be sent as registered mail! They have to put this brown packing tape on each and every opening. They get one side of the tape wet with a tiny little sponge and we quickly discovered it does not stick to your basic plastic clear tape that all of us use at home from a tape gun. So they had to look for another box to put my package in and of course it doesn't fit so I had to repack my stuff at the counter then the postman had to tape up all openings with his packing tape. I was the person at the counter causing problems that everyone wants to smack or strangle. :lol: After they get the packing tape on they use a stamp to put a little red seal along all the tape and on the box so you can tell the package was never opened. After that 30 minute exercise in how to pack a box to ship register mail I hung my head and adapted a sorry don't hate me stance and snuck over to the PO Box section to pick up the club mail. I did inquire if I could pack the box like that ahead of time and they said - no. They have to use their tape so they know the box hasn't been opened. Wow. You learn something new every day! Since the only quick place between the post office and work was MacDonalds I bought a cheeseburger for lunch. At least I didn't order fries!!!

My niece got her catheter out today so she is doing better. She has yellow eyes and skin and swollen abdomen though so I don't know how much liver damage she has. I read up on that this afternoon and you can be in one of three stages for liver damage from alcohol. It sounds like she could be at 2 or 3 and some of it can be reversed and it depends on what stage you are in. She has a long road ahead of her. We are going to go see her this weekend.

No rain so far today but they are expecting heavy rain here this weekend. We are taking the trucklet when we do head south - we'd rather leave the car in the garage.

Well, take care. Have a great weekend!
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1400725141|3677898 said:
Lorelei, I have walked past the pilates rooms at the gym and they look like people subjecting themselves to medieval torture devices or some sort of wacky S&M thing with their clothes on! Good for you though for finding something you enjoy—that’s half the battle!

lol.gif

True Dee, those reformer machines resemble a medieval rack! I am not using those just yet, my trainer has me do various exercises on the floor and sometimes with bands, I snapped one this week - hehe! I find it much easier with a trainer too, I don't think I would do half so well without him. I am thinking of starting Yoga too in a few months as well as Pilates. But I won't do that till Autumn time when my core is a bit stronger.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a cognac sapphire. Looks like a champagne diamond color wise. I am having it mounted in a rose gold pave diamond band. Sweet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Lorelei, that is great your trainer has worked out so well for you. I always think of that joke about the lady that gets the best present ever - her own personal trainer and how much she loves her the first day then that excitement deteriorates more each day.

We were on the road to Denver by about ate. First stop was my usual jewelry store. Primary goal to get my diamond studs remounted (the are so worn they are making my ears itch) and to see if I could find something to trade my old solitaire ring for. I also wanted to look at slightly larger Kentucky Blue sapphire and blue sapphire. I ended up buying some sapphire studs, a cognac sapphire and a rose gold ring to mount the new sapphire. I am having buyers guilt tonight - how much jewelry do I need to buy myself this month? :devil: But I am done now. I SWEAR!!!!

Then we went to a mall on the south side of Denver and Marty got a new rollerball pen and some refills for his fountain pens. We were going to eat the Cheesecake Factory but they were insanely busy so we went to a Cajun seafood restaurant that Marty really likes.

I had a tiny breakfast so I could eat cheesecake at lunch. As usual that wasn't a great idea. I ate salad, steak, baked potato and some cheesecake this afternoon and far more of it than I usually do. I almost literally lost it all walking around the mall a few hours later. Of course who has antacid 100 miles from home? Not me! Rats.

While we were eating my nephew texted me to see when we were coming to visit my niece at the hospital so we went there next. My poor niece looks pretty bad. Her kidneys are kind of work but she is still jaundiced and pretty puffed up. They let her go outside today in a wheelchair and she is allowed to get up by herself now so I guess that is a vast improvement for her.

After we visited with them we went to another mall. My first stop was Tiffanys to have them clean and polish my band. They got most of those nasty scratches out of it. Yippee! I did try on another 4mm band with it and I didn't like how much ring there was. We looked for shoes for Marty and picked up all sorts of kitchen things in William Sonoma then headed home (hastened by me almost getting sick).

Tomorrow is getting things done around the house day.

I hope you are having a great and healthy weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-holy cow! You're on a serious jewelry binge. The cognac sapphire in rose gold? That's going to be beautiful! Your poor niece. That's really sad. I intended to post last week to tell you that Matt has changed jobs again (same company). No more direct reports, and no more regular travel. Woo-freaking-hoo! I'm a happy chick! And he is eligible for overtime again so he'll get paid for what he actually works instead of a straight 40 hrs. He has to go to his Louisville office one more time to say goodbye to his group there and introduce them to the new manager, and then he's outta there!

Monnie- a few years ago I tried to mix my red wine with something to make it less potent. For the record, merlot does NOT mix well with diet dew! I'm so jealous of your walking trail. At our old house, we had a perfect one-mile loop and we could go around as many times as we felt like. It has a nice mixture of flat surfaces and hills. We moved in June 2013, and we now live in the mountains and our neighborhood isn't all that big and the hills are so steep that they absolutely kick my butt! There is a perfect neighborhood about 1/2 mile away, but you risk your life trying to walk to it because the road is super hilly and curvy, and people most definitely do not obey the speed limit.

Hi Lorelei! I remember buying a Pilates exercise video on recommendation from my doctor. I think it was something along the lines of "Pilates for broken people" or something like that. I bet it's in an unpacked box from our move. I need to look for it.

Dee*Jay-oh no for your sewer thing! It's fixed now, right? Conference food is absolutely terrible. I've never been to one where they actually put out fresh fruit or serve salad without a glop of really oily dressing already on there. Ugh!

I went to a jewelry store in the mall today that used to be a high-end store. Something has happened since my last visit because I could immediately tell they had a lot of overpriced junk in the cases. Even their "signature" line. The lady cleaned my ering, looked at it under the scope and declared it was an old mine cut. I said no, it's a MRB. She told me I was wrong. I told her it was a AGS0 hearts and arrows MRB, and she told me AGS was no different than IGI or EGL, and that my stone was an old mine cut. In the nicest way I could, I told her that clearly they didn't have what I was looking for and I'd just be on my way. Argh! I finally had time to get to a jewelry store and came out with no ideas whatsoever! I'm sticking with the hunky AGS jeweler across the street from my old office. We officially moved to our new space last week, and it sucks. Pardon my language! They put 4 desks in a corner office, no dividers, no nothing. They have decided to take one desk out, so it will be three of us in one room. We're trying to figure out the best arrangement so we're not staring at each other all day. I'm begrudgingly working on this project anyway, and this office arrangement isn't sweetening the deal any. Food has been bad. Just bad. Help!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, that is great news for Matt. :appl: No more direct reports. Woo hoo! Is this job something he wants to do? And overtime? That is always a plus. You'll love having him home most of the time. Can he work from home too? I bet both of your are excited. I am sorry to hear your jewelry shopping turned out to be such a disappointment. I find my favorite store has less and less high end stuff but as Marty pointed out my expectations have become higher all the time. PS has make us pickier. That is kind of funny about the lady arguing with you that your diamond was an old mine cut. She was wrong on both that and in her belief AGS is the same as EGL or IGI. I was amused this weekend when the 3 jewelry stores I was in all complemented my diamond. The place I got the sapphire ring from asked if it was one of their diamonds. I said no, it was an ACA from Whiteflash and her response was "mind if I look at it?" She looked at it through a loupe and said it was very nice. She asked me if I looked at their inventory for it and I said yes, I emailed both someone at her store and the other store in town but they couldn't find me an AGS0 to the specs I wanted. She was quite polite about it. Sorry to hear about the office arrangement. There are 6 of us in one room but we all face in to our cubes. It's not bad but certainly not private.

I admit my jewelry buying binge is giving me a case of the guilts. I justified the WF channel band because I was returning the 3mm scattered band making the channel set ring more affordable. The sapphire studs have been on my list for about 6 - 8 years because I traded the last pair in to help pay for one of my former diamonds. So see they were long past due! The cognac sapphire and rose gold ring? Absolutely no way in heck I needed that but hey I could trade in my solitaire ring to pay for about 1/3 of the mounting. Someone needs to stop me! It was such a cool and unique color though. :bigsmile:

I made homemade biscuits for breakfast. I had 2 with butter and loved every bite of them. For lunch we had corn, veggies, steak cooked on the grill. They were delicious but I saved half of mine for lunch tomorrow. No supper though. I might get some grapes so I don't get too hungry before bedtime. I walked a lot this weekend so hopefully that burned off some calories.

Tomorrow is back to work day. BOO!!!

Marcy aka Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-she said it was definitely an old mine cut because she could see a hole in the center. The hole she was seeing is the very center...I don't know what you call it...but where you look straight down and see the arrows -the hole there. It has a pointed culet so it's not like the bottom has been chopped off or anything. She is the manager! The lady I used to deal with there had been to AGS school and I think she was certified, and she had also been to Hearts on Fire academy. That lady knew her stuff! I can't wait to see your cognac sapphire. When do you get it, and your WF band too? Matt asked if I had considered an Audi sedan. I told him they were prone to hit curbs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, yes that is the cutlet but she obviously doesn't realize what a well cut diamond looks like. I often find I am more knowledgeable than the person waiting on me in the jewelry store. I remember a 30 minute discussion with someone one time when I was trying to find the "cut" of a diamond and she kept telling me the "shape". I tried to explain the different to her but she wasn't going to budge, I finally gave up. My sapphire band and earrings should be here Friday and I don't have a ship date from WF on my band yet. They should get my return tomorrow then after it "passes" they'll turn in my order and I'll probably get a ship date for my ring. My guess is I'll get either it on the 6th for 9th. Just in time for the in-laws to be here and witness me spending more of their son's money on jewelry. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, glad to see you back! I was worried about you after that encounter with the deer. Your comment about merlot and Diet Dew made me laugh! White wine is easier to mix with things, and prosecco is good with orange juice (although I have a citrus allergy so I go with apricot juice), but red wine... hmmm... I can't really think of anything to cut it with. And don't you wonder how some people in jewelry stores get by?

Curby, your sapphire sounds fabulous--I can't wait to see it! What do you store your jewelry in? I confess to keeping mine in a coupleof clear plastic fishing tackle boxes. Not very high class, but it works! It sounds like your niece is doing better, all things considered. As fort he in-laws witnessing you spending their son's money, HA! My mother in law used to about have a heart attack over stuff like that.

Monnie, did you and the fam get out and enjoy some good weather this weekend?

Lorelie, what's news across the pond?

This was The Weekend Of The Bookcase! The CB and I put together 21 of them and then a friend came over last night and helped with stacking. Sometimes I don't realize the sheer scale of what I'm working with in this space... The bookcases are MASSIVE. The squares are 13" each and the CB has the good idea of leaving three bigger squares so I can put larger things in there. I took some pics last night. They aren't the greatest because it was getting dark by then, but you get the idea. Now to find stuff to put in all those squares...

Keep in mind these are about 12' tall and 18' wide.

_18664.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one with the CB and our friend so you can see a bit more of the "scale." Oy.

bookcases2.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys! :wavey:

DeeGee, your office situation sounds super unappealing. Your company gets an "F" in fostering morale! I would be constructing some sort of partition or something to make my desk feel more like a cubicle, maybe. On the food thing, do you keep track of what you eat on an app or write it down somewhere? That has always helped me. I totally fell off that wagon over the weekend but I'm back on track today.

Lorelei, I've never tried Pilates. It looks scary!

DeeJay, that space looks great so far. Love the bookcases. It's really coming along!

Marcy, aw, don't feel too guilty. If these things give you pleasure and add sparkle to your life, then why not? The holidays are forever away so you needed a lot to tide you over, ya know? :lol:

We went to the lake with friends on Saturday. Sunday I spent most of the day baking and making buttercream frosting. Alex turned 2 yesterday so we had the grandparents over for presents/punch/cake/ice cream. I'm really tempted to post a picture of the cake/cupcakes I made but I better not. You will all want to eat cake then and I don't want to be responsible for anyone's misbehavior. My parents were very complimentary about it and were very impressed which made me feel good. Most importantly, Alex very much enjoyed her birthday cupcake although she licked off all the frosting and didn't bother with the actual cake. (Confession: I like to do the same.) We grilled portabello mushrooms, sweet corn, and vegan sausage (I don't eat them but my husband loves them) for dinner. I somehow managed to lose 2 lbs since I weighed myself last Monday, so hooray! Hopefully the trend will continue despite all the cake I've been eating lately.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Almost Hump Day Already! Sweet.

Dee Jay, your bookcase looks amazing and huge. However my first thought was OMG – I’d hate to have to dust all of those little cubes. Your place has to be in your local parade of homes. I’ll go cast my vote for it now. Clear plastic tackle boxes sound like a great way to store jewelry. I have a nice big cherry wood jewelry box that holds all of my discount jewelry I never wear. The pieces of jewelry I do wear are in little melee jewelry cases (about 6 x 8 inches) with see through lids. They were like $15 a piece on QVC. I have one for rings, one for bracelets, one for pendants and a 24 little compartment case for earrings. They are nothing special or fancy but work well for me. I am a sucker for unusual color sapphires, I didn’t even think of taking of picture of the loose stone. I should get the ring Friday. It is funny our MIL worry about us wasting their baby’s money. Marty's watches cost more than most of my rings but that’s okay. Marty’s grandmother was even worse about it; I swear she checked my fingers and ears every time I saw her to see if I had anything new. In those days most of my jewelry wasn't that expensive and it always came out of my teaching checks.

Monnie, I can justify jewelry this month since my birthday is next week; we have our anniversary in June so I can milk things out through then and I swear I’ll clean up my act after that. No more jewelry! Unless of course they find me another really cool sapphire. A trip to the lake sounds really fun. Happy second birthday to Alex! Please do post pictures of A’s birthday cake and cupcakes. I’d love to see them. I took the 4 courses they offer at Michaels and had fun but was really, really bad at cake decorating. I had shells down pat and could use those star type tips to make flowers but that was about it. Congratulations on being down 2 pounds. :appl: That is awesome. I am so excited for you.

I left a roast cooking in the crockpot today. We had some steam and mash potatoes and raw veggies for supper. We have plenty left for an instant replay tomorrow night. I’ll have Marty heat it in the oven at about 250 degrees for about an hour. That shouldn’t dry it all out.

My niece is apparently getting out of the hospital on Friday. That is good news. Her mom is here through the 1st and her dad is coming down for a few days too so hopefully that will help her step back in to daily life. I wish her and my nephew good luck, I can offer support but they’ll have to do the work.

Hi Deegee and Lorelei!

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that's so cool you took the cake-decorating class! I think maybe I will do that soon. I learned how to use the D2 tip to make the "roses" and how to decorate a giant cupcake by watching a tutorial on you tube. I think taking a class would be way more fun, though. Also, I have apparently neglected to buy even a little hand mixer. I would like to have a stand mixer but I don't want it taking up space in the kitchen, except they have all those pretty colors...anyway, do you know how hard it is to make buttercream frosting using just a wooden spoon and a fork? I realized also I don't even own a whisk. I never whip eggs or cream or anything. I guess I need to invest in some baking gadgets and appliances. There goes part of my bling fund. :(sad

I'm glad to hear your niece is on her way to recovery!

I didn't get a walk in today. I had 2 slices of thin crust veggie pizza for lunch and dinner was a potluck function so I tried to fill my plate with all the different salads. I just completed phase one of getting my Master Gardener certification and tonight was a dinner/meeting recognizing the new class of interns. I have a year to complete at least 35 hours of volunteering in gardens in the community and then I'll be the real deal. We had a plant swap tonight, too. I traded a chocolate mint plant for a hosta. I kept some mint cuttings so I can grow some as well. I was going to stick some in my strawberry patch to see if it would make the berries taste like mint-chocolate-covered strawberries but I wasn't fast enough--we already have berries.

Well, anyway, here are some pics. I tried to make the frosting match her outfit. I haven't mastered food coloring yet, obviously.

alex2birthday2014_005.jpg

alex2birthday2014_012.jpg

alex2birthday2014_030.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie the cupcake looks amazing. You did a terrific job. I noticed right off the roses matched Alex's dress and hair ribbon. She is adorable. I really had fun taking that class but they design it so you have to buy a lot of their pans and tips. I can't imagine mixing up buttercream frosting by hand. I have a Kitchen Aid. I use it all the time. We do leave it in the corner on the counter because it is pretty heavy so I'd hate to put it away in a cupboard all the time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Marcy. Too bad they use the class as a sales tactic. I guess it's nice to have all those things but I've already accidentally let two tips go down the garbage disposal so I can imagine what will happen if I end up with a collection. Maybe I'll stick with you tube when I see something I want to learn. We were looking at Kitchen Aids a couple years ago but I could never decide what color. I'll probably grab the next cheapie hand mixer I see at Target next time I'm there. We already have so many "small" appliances! :-o

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I think you could do the class without buying their required tips especially if you already have an assortment. As for cake pans I know I didn't need to buy the assorted shapes and sizes I did but I really threw myself and lots of money at the class. I always bought things with a discount coupon though. The teacher was nice though if you didn't have something for class she had one you could use. I had a good time with some friends taking the class and it was really fun. Sadly I still couldn't decorate a cake and have it look very nice. My parents benefitted from a freshly baked and decorated cake each week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I will never forget the the first time Bill's mother saw my engagement ring! She grabbed my hand and wailed "Oh gawwwwwwd!" I have no idea what that was supposed to mean or all the emotions that phrase encompassed, but there you go. Ha. I actually used to NOT wear much of my jewelry around her on the occassions when we would be with the family because even though she would never dare to say anything to me, and I doubt she would have even said anything to Bill, she sure as hell would have said things to everybody else!

Monnie, A is so adorable I just can stand it!!! She is such a little Minni Monnie too! Your cupcakes look, well, *good enough to eat*! My mom decorates cakes and it's such a process. I certainly don't have the patience for it, but I certainly do enjoy the end result. Right when I was taking the first of the four parts of the CPA exam the CB and I saw someone walking out of a grocery store with a cake that had a princess on it. I said when I passed the whole thing I wanted a cake with FOUR princesses on it, one for each part. And damn if the CD didn't come through! There are pictures of it around here somewhere.

Last night I went to Kohl's to find some cute things for Vegas. I came away with one lightweight black skirt and a couple of things for work, but that was it. Not a very fruitful trip! I forgot that I bought grapes and strawberries at the store over the weekend so I brought some of those in today to snack on. Hopefully that will keep me (mostly) away from whatever bad things show up in the kitchen later. We are a company of cookies and cakes and other sweets -- oh my!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1401199731|3680902 said:
''Happy Tuesday kids!

Lorelie, what's news across the pond?
''

Weather is completely pants. :tongue:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1401218196|3681102 said:
Hey guys! :wavey:

''Lorelei, I've never tried Pilates. It looks scary! ''

Monnie, I thought that too till I tried it, my trainer doesn't use machinery so much as floor work and using bands, it can be hard to get your body moving in ways its not used to but the results are good. I find I build muscle more than I like and although it can be good, it's not exactly the look I am going for, Pilates gives you strength but builds a longer strong muscle. I am thinking of adding Yoga in the Autumn to the Pilates, that with cardio and I should have all my bases covered. DeeGee, give it a try too, I am really pleased with the results, I must admit I can feel it for days afterwards :sick: , but it's definitely getting the job done!

Your little Princess is so beautiful, I am so happy for you!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, I do wonder what all was going through Bill’s mother’s head when she said "Oh gawwwwwwd!" When we upgraded our wedding rings I got a ½ carat AGS0 and bought a wedding set with .33 ctw PC. Marty’s grandma noticed them and zoomed right in on “did you get new wedding rings?” So she is badgering me with questions about it so my MIL says “don’t worry about it couldn’t afford anything nice until we’d been married 25 years”. Phooey on them I was pretty proud of my first AGS0. Are you going to the LV GTG? I’ve been eyeing the great door prizes. I must attend sometime. Marty will be glad to finally get me to Vegas.

Lorelei, if you add in yoga you will have all your bases covered. Sweet.

I had a crying attack at work this morning. Marty offered to come get me but I just went for a walk. We agreed to meet for lunch. Then at about 11 my boss comes to get me and informs me I am an hour late for a mandatory meeting so off I went to that. I sent Marty a text that I’d let him know when I could leave but he didn’t understand what I said so poor guy was at the restaurant for about an hour before I showed up. He’d ordered my sandwich already so it was waiting when I got there. It wasn’t too cold but the fries were so that kept me out of them.

Marty is playing golf so I had a grilled cheese sandwich and grapes for supper.

My return to WF has not arrived yet – registered mail at the USPS is almost ridiculous. It’s slow and their online tracking is lame. It would have been there Saturday if they’d let me send it FedEx overnight. I guess they prefer the registered mail because it is very safe. They won’t turn in my order for my new ring until they process the return. Rats.

Hi Deegee and Monnie!

Curby

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy! HUGS!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Just a quickie because I'm trying to get out the door to go to the airport.

Curby, I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Hopefully your package will arrive at WF today and they can start working on your project! And YES, you definitely need to come to the GTG some year!!!

I have a suitcase full of god only knows what with me right now. I hope when I get to Vegas I actually have something I want to wear!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monnie and DeeJay. My B-Day is tomorrow so I am really missing my parents.

WF is going to turn in my ring order even tho my 2nd day package that should have arrived Tuesday isn't there yet. I swore I didn't send them a ring out of a Cracker Jack box and that I was good for the difference if something happened.

DeeJay, I am sure you'll be fine with whatever you pack for Vegas. Marty would love to get me there so maybe we could go to the GTG next year. Win a prize for me.

Hurry up lunch. I am starving. My Cheerios and fruit wore off.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had leftovers for supper. Marty put air in my back tire and he said it was pretty low. Maybe one of my Curby incidents did some damage to the tire. Oh oh! Curby might be looking for a new tire soon.

Marty is trying to set up his digital phone system tonight. His beta test phone that cost a dollar found the wifi and set itself up and the one he paid for can't find anything. Too funny!

We might get neighbors. They staked out the lot right across the street from us. I am not looking forward to having construction vehicles around here al the time. They usually get places done in about 4 to 5 months and we've got an entire street to go.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool sun rays tonight.

img_4697.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

That is a really lovely picture of the sun beginning to set. I hope your birthday has been a better day. I know it's bittersweet as you are missing your mom and dad. I wish I could stretch my arms to Denver to give you a great big hug. Have a nice evening doing something you love!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Monnie. My birthday was good. A friend took me to lunch and we had friends over for supper. The 4 of us played poker in the man cave. It was fun. I haven't played much Texas Hold 'Em and haven't played for years. I was kind of winning and decided to go all in because I had 3 pairs. WRONG. You can only use 5 cards. Rats I forgot that part. My friend's husband had 3 of a kind that beat my 2 pairs.

One of the gifts my friend gave me was a trinket box. I am using it as a memory box so this morning I rounded up the little things I picked out of my parents things and put them in there then locked it up in our safe. None of them are valuable but to me they are priceless. I kind of enjoyed looking at them today and now it's time to move on.

We didn't get to bed until about 12:30 and Marty got up at 6:30. Ugh. I am tired. I am working on laundry and need to wash the sheets on our guest beds since my SIL arrives this coming Thursday and my MIL and FIL are coming next Sunday.

Marty is playing golf. I am waiting for the FedEx truck to deliver my bling.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-happy belated birthday! Your new ring is beautiful. I live the scrolly, viney setting! The rose gold looks so nice with the stone. It makes me want something in rose gold! You're not allowed to tempt me with something else, you know. How is your niece? Did WF ever get your return? When is your in-law visit? I've been lucky to avoid that since last July. Hee-hee!

Monnie-your little girl is so precious! I'm with her, why waste time and effort on cake when you can have all that yummy icing? Yummmmm.... The cupcake was beautiful! I remember my mom taking cake decorating lessons when I was a kid. We had the best decorated cakes around...they usually had roses on them somewhere. We got to eat the practice attempts. Yummmm...

Dee*Jay- I love the bookshelves! I'm with Marcy though...lots of dusting! Do you have a cleaning service? Bill's mother sounds like Matt's mom. She doesn't say anything to us, but we do hear about it later. Apparently my ACA ring is junk Matt bought off the internet.

Hi Lorelei!

I'm not liking my new schedule at all. I had to go to my old office a few times last week for meetings, and several people told me I looked exhausted. Do ya think? I have Dee*Jay's schedule without her energy. Ah! The project manager told me I'd probably have to start working weekends to which I said absolutely not! When I reluctantly agreed to give up my life for the next five years for this project, I told the director I have health issues and was broken and weekends were my time to recover. If I don't have weekends, I get really run down and then have to take a few weeks to recuperate. I don't feel the least bit guilty for telling the project manager no. Okay, I feel somewhat guilty. If I admit to working a weekend, please be sure to yell at me! I haven't had time to think about a new car or bling, but there was an awfully pretty BMW parked beside me on Friday. Matt said once he preferred I didn't go that route, but he has now told me to get whatever I want. It's back on the table. Woo-hoo! I've done really well with food, and Matt and I have been walking in the evening. I've been taking the stairs at work. It's only 5 flights and so far I've only attempted them going down, but you gotta start somewhere! Have a great Monday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results