shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and more.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and mo

HI:

Like a candy store, colorful gumdrops and yummy. :love:

cheers--Sharon

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So much goodness in one place. Sigh!!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

I love the AVC with the red sides! :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Now I just wish I knew what an AVC was . . . ? :confused:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

A little late, but no less heartfelt: you have a beautiful collection. A veritable rainbow. :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your tsavorite is mesmerizing! I want one. :Up_to_something:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1368473069|3446154 said:
I love the AVC with the red sides! :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Now I just wish I knew what an AVC was . . . ? :confused:

I love that you always say what I'm thinking, iLander! :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

August Vintage Cushion, a branded Old Mine Cut diamond by Good Old Gold, cut to precise angles for optimal light return.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooooh I just want that Spinel & AVC so baaaaaaaaaadly....

Come to me my precious...... :naughty:

Rainbird

Rough_Rock

I had to come back again and drool over your new pink tourmaline in the Art Deco setting. It's Fab - u - lous. :love: :love: :love:

I've been longing for an AVC for ages. I know we are in the Colored Forum, but am I allowed to ask here if you love yours? I've only ever seen them on the GOG site online, which isn't the same thing as seeing them with your own eyes.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sharon,
As always, you are very generous with your praise. Thank you.

ILSThings, BAIHeels, DebyGal, and HotPozzum,
Thank you so much! It's never too late and actually, I'm starting to feel embarrased that I have overdone the picture posting.

Minour and iLander,
Sorry for the lack of explanation of what an AVC is. I hang out in RT often enough to pick up the lingo but forget that those in CS aren't necessarily interested in all things diamonds. Basically, it is an old cut stone but is newly precision cut for perfect symmetry and light return.

Rainbird,
I don't mind the questions here. Firstly, thanks for the kind words about the Art Deco pink spinel. I debated whether it was the right stone for the setting but it turned out better than I expected. As for the AVC, it is far more amazing than my photography. It is simply a busy lightshow. If you like old cut stones, chunky facets and / or big bold colourful flashes, this is a good choice. Ahem....that said, I am a step cut lover through and through so my EC speaks more to me.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

Sigh!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! You finally received your rings. Just beautiful stones, rings, and color combinations. Wear them in good health. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just found this thread from the Jewel of the Week blog! Your other rings are beautiful! You certainly could have included a picture with them all in your other thread! They are beautiful!!!! :love:

But just how many rings DO you have if it would take months to do some groups shots of a few rings each time?????? :-o

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

They're all so beautiful, but I absolutely adore the AVC 3 stone. I think I might need a 3 cushion ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh dear, I've rendered JWL speechless. :cheeky:
TL is back! :wavey: Thank you, friend.
DS, I have many rings and earrings, and at least twice as many unset gems. It's a good thing I've slowed down my purchasing the past few years or else I'll have even more laying around. :oops:
Kismet, great compliment from a PSer whose jewellery I admire greatly and consider to have exquisite taste. Thank you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1368445210|3445887 said:
Ummmm.....seriously? I dunno, Freke. Fainting cannot be a good thing, can it? :-o :bigsmile: It'll take months as my travel schedule can be fairly heavy at times. In any case, I had great weather this weekend and took more pictures of each individual item. I tried to be artistic but my house is lacking flowers and all the typically feminine decorative items. Coloured stones only here with diamonds in SMTB to keep within PS's rules.

This is for Distracts.
Does it look like I'm going anywhere?!

Awesome. I'm digging the new pics!!! I request, well, pictures of everything. I'm not picky. :Up_to_something:

I want to see stuff we haven't seen in a while (You know how I feel about BLUE!).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eek....I was hoping this thread will be quietly bumped down to page 2 where it can rest in peace but looks like Freke found it. :-o :bigsmile: All right, new pictures of everything blue. I might have to break it down into 2 groups because I am very fond of blue as well. Does blue green / green blue count? How about violet blue? If so, there's spinels, sapphire, moonstones, tourmalines, garnets, and zircon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

You know I'm not picky when it comes to blue!

ETA: That means everything, you know.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blue Group 1 teaser pictures at your service. The colours are slightly off though, showing more blue than what I see IRL. Just imagine that all 5 stones have a green modifier. Those more adventurous can try to their hand at the ct / mm size for extra points. And the winner gets the grand prize of
NADA other than short-lived fame of being a great guesser. :devil: :bigsmile:

blue_teaser.jpg

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

No sausage fingers... All of them are gorgeous, the rings and your fingers. The pink tourmaline looks electrified in the first post's picture, and the AVC with it's deliciously red Spinels look incredible together.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Greg. Depending on the light source, the gems will either light up or the faceting will appear super sharp.

Hmmm....I swear I downloaded the files from my iPhone onto my thumbdrive but it looks like 6 pictures of the smallest blue stone is missing. I'll have to look for them tonight on my home PC just in case I accidentally moved it there. If not, I'm not re-taking those pictures. I'll move on to the second smallest stone. Seems like nobody want to "play". :(sad

These standalone shots are overly blue, not showing the green side. It looks more like in the group shot and hand shots. There is no question that this stone is slightly more than medium dark, bordering onto the dark zone. However, the precision cutting saves it, giving it good flash.

bi-colour_1.jpg

bi-colour_2.jpg

bi-colour_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I tried to sell this one on DB many years ago but didn't get a single bite. After a few months of it sitting there, I let the listing expire and decided I can gift this to someone later in life. The colour in these pictures spot on.

bi-colour_4.jpg

bi-colour_5.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh geez....Um. 0.7, 1.0 (Is this the Dan cuprian?), 2.5, 3, 4.25?

4x5, 5.5, 5x8.5, 7.75, 8.25.

Do I have to try to guess the varieties too?

I'm probably way off.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have excellent memory. I think I'm getting scared... :o Yes, it is a Dan Stair "cuprian" tourmaline. Bi coloured where one half is green and the other half is blue green. The case says 0.93 ct measuring 6.1 x 5.5 mm. Excellent guess! :appl:

As your reward, here's the middle stone. There are hints in the filename. Again, the "standalone" pictures are overly blue, not showing the green modifier. But I like to post these anyway because the facet pattern is captured clearly and beautifully. Obviously, this one measures larger than the DS tourmaline.

nt1.jpg

nt2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is easy to tell that this one is precision faceted. Bonus points if you can tell who cut this but really, who can tell? :wacko: The only hint is that he is someone you've bought a lot of stones from. The colour is still too blue here but shows of the brilliance very well.

nt3.jpg

nt4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Real and accurate colour shown here, which is slightly greenish blue.

nt5.jpg

nt6.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like this stone a lot but the pointy corners makes me hesitant to set and wear it. Yes, I know it really shouldn't be a concern but I'm just too nervous. It's surprisingly flashy for a modified step cut stone and given its RI.

nt7.jpg

nt8.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GAH, I love everything!!!! :o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom,
Thank you for looking and liking my stones.

FYI
The stone posted yesterday is a 1.49 ct Nigerian tourmaline faceted by Barry Bridgestock fro the days before he became the owner of ACStones. I don't have the measurements on it though.

I looked through my desktop, laptop, thumbdrive and etc and could not find the missing pictures. :(sad Guess all I have is this picture but at least it is a representative hand shot. The other pictures were overblue in the first place.

cts.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results