shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and more.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Green garnet, Red & Pink spinels, Pink tourmaline and mo

AW and Katharath,
You can thank Freke for bugging me to post all my bling in a single thread, including some updating some gem pictures that were last taken 5 years ago. :lol: She requested blue and blue she receives.

On the heels of the unset blue spinels are these that are already set. Three very different flavours; one sapphire, one lavender blue spinel and one cobalt blue spinel. One antique, one classic and one die-struck.

blue_trio1.jpg

blue_trio2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As always, from left to right, smallest to largest. 6 mm unheated "ceylon or cornflower" blue sapphire, as some call it. To me, it's just a medium blue. :bigsmile: Smack dab at 1 ct even, set in an antique platinum setting with single cut melees.

adbs1.jpg

adbs2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are 2 heated blue sapphire melees, removed from my 3 stone setting. These are the trade preferred medium dark blue with a hint of violet, with gorgeous saturation. Very velvety, as you can tell since they seem to glow. I don't know what to do with these yet but I'm sure inspiration will strike when the time is right. Taken under different light sources, hence the slight difference in hue in every picture.

bsmelees.jpg

bsmelees2.jpg

bsmelees3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I need more pics.

Glad to see my two spinels are hanging out together. They look like good friends. :Up_to_something:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Two blue blues and that's all, my dear. :cheeky:

1.5 carat Tanzanian cushion colour shift / change spinel, going from lavender blue to purple. I am convinced from my small spinel sample that the colour shifters / changers are the ones showing multiple colours at once because you never truly get a single light source type all the time. Sometimes it is all blue, all purple, lavender, a mix of all three and sometimes with some pink (when the purple becomes lighter). Spinel measures 6.5 x 6.2 x 4.7 mm. Not precision cut but no major cut issues.

csbs1.jpg

csbs7.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All blue here.

csbs2.jpg

csbs3.jpg

csbs4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mixed light.

csbs5.jpg

csbs6.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Taken on my way upstairs with only light from the foyer windows.

csbs8.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My very last blue stone - 1.5 ct cobalt Tanzanian blue spinel in a Van Craeynest 18k yellow gold setting.

scbs2.jpg

scbs3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A bit deep so it's smaller than it should be for the carat weight but seems well suited to this setting. Cut is actually very good since the lapidary tried to do his / her best with what little rough he/ she had to work with.

scbs4.jpg

scbs5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Showing off the wedding set here. :bigsmile: And this ends all my blue stones. Everything has been returned to the vault and this request ticket is closed.

scbs6.jpg

scbs7.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock

Chrono, your last three rings are soooooo beautiful!!! :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

GREENS!

Did you know you stole the TL ring right out from under me. I should hold it against you. :Up_to_something:

I'm glad you set that blue spinel in the VC ring. I think it looks perfect there. Like it was made for it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Belle and Alice, my many thanks for your kind words. You can thank Freke for bugging me otherwise I would not have taken new pictures of my blue stones at all. ;))

Freke,
Give you an inch, you ask for a mile. :lol: Green? Good grief, I need a break. I'm going to be super busy in June so I won't be on PS during this time. I'll remember to get my garnets, emerald and jade out for a photoshoot in July and revive this thread then. I suppose chrysoberyl falls in this group too. I don't think I have any green tourmaline and I've already posted my blue green tourmaline in the blue section.

Ummm.....you aren't going to let me live down TL's spinel quietly, are you? Ahhh....she said you liked it but couldn't buy it then so I was free to purchase it. Actually, I wasn't even looking to buy any gems but she mentioned she's selling it and once I heard it's a lavender blue spinel, I knew I had to get it right away. This type of spinel is my favourite. So sorry if you feel as though I'm rubbing it right on your screen. :(sad

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1370053195|3457178 said:
Freke,
Give you an inch, you ask for a mile. :lol: Green? Good grief, I need a break. I'm going to be super busy in June so I won't be on PS during this time. I'll remember to get my garnets, emerald and jade out for a photoshoot in July and revive this thread then. I suppose chrysoberyl falls in this group too. I don't think I have any green tourmaline and I've already posted my blue green tourmaline in the blue section.

Ummm.....you aren't going to let me live down TL's spinel quietly, are you? Ahhh....she said you liked it but couldn't buy it then so I was free to purchase it. Actually, I wasn't even looking to buy any gems but she mentioned she's selling it and once I heard it's a lavender blue spinel, I knew I had to get it right away. This type of spinel is my favourite. So sorry if you feel as though I'm rubbing it right on your screen. :(sad
Nope. Not gonna let you live it down. I'm just teasing you though. I'm glad it went to a good PSer who posts lots of pics...ahem...upon request. I think she was selling it when I was a poor college student, so it was literally eat or buy jewelry...and I know I chose jewelry more than once! You aren't rubbing it in my face at all! Seriously, I'm just happy you are willing to post so many pictures. Please post more!

I'm looking forward to the greens! I'm going to hold you to that photoshoot in July you know! After green comes purple, just a heads up for August! :naughty:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just stopped by... thank you for this wonderful array of blues! All of them are amazing, but Gene's cuprian and your blue Luc Yuen spinel are the ones that I love most. And the mint is amazing, I can only imagine how it looks in real life! Grass-green! Lovely!

alice87

Shiny_Rock

Freke, thanks to you too! You inspired me to try Daniel M, I looked at quite a few of your projects on his feedback page, now you are inspiring me through the Chrono's jewelry. it is just way too tempting... :love:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have an absolutely impeccable eye and it shows.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Chrono,
I haven't been on PS much lately, but wanted to chime in again on your beautiful stones and rings. I especially love this one. It's a real stunner, and I can't wait until you set it.

cbvs3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Don't think I've forgotten about this thread Chrono....

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

This thread is the best eye candy ever!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eep, Freke hasn't forgotten about this yet? :bigsmile: I'm not quite ready yet but I won't forget green for July. I picked up a few simple lovelies during a trip recently and will update pics when I get to those colours.

Arkteia,
Thanks for stopping by. I hope we'll be able to meet again soon and I promise to bring the green garnet along.

Alice,
Better watch out. Freke enables us all subconsciously. :cheeky:

Emptoctor,
Thanks and welcome to PS! :wavey:

TL,
Please come back more often when you can. Your expertise and differing point of view is greatly missed. I think I will set this blue spinel next. The design is close to fruition except for where the head meets the shank. This section is currently giving me fits! :angryfire:

Rosebloom,
Awwww shucks....thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results