shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked this in Jewelry a while ago but I got no responses. Does anyone have a good online source for gold bracelets? I really want to get a few gold (yellow and rose) chain bracelets to wear together but I''m having a hard time finding a good website for them. I''m also dying for a plain yellow or rose gold cuff but I think they might not exist (unless I get one custom made).

And I have skinny wrists so it''s an added bonus if they come in lengths smaller than 7", but I know that''s pushing my luck! I''d love a recommendation for a good B&M store, too! I go to New York and L.A. a lot for work so if it''s not a chain store but''s it''s in NYC or L.A., that''s cool too.

Help a sister out, will you, PSers?!
3.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
thing, are you open to 22/24kt? If so, you should be able to find bracelets in an Indian market area, or an Asian market area with a gold shop. Most Indian shops carry bangles in all sizes, but I dont think you'll find the rose gold. The link bracelets might be too ethnic looking for your tastes but they can be lovely and unique. And usually offered in smaller sizes. Same for Asian gold shops. Other than that, I'd look in chain stores as they seem to carry more gold pieces.

ETA: I was in LA jewelry district last month and passed by an Indian bangle shop - big - just off Hill Street.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely open to 22/24 kt gold! That''s totally fine with me. Do you know any places in particular in NY, L.A. or online?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, thanks for the link! I think Gurhan''s a little budget busting for me right now, but I''m going to keep reading the thread and see what I can see!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had some suggestions. I''m looking for the same thing and have small wrists as well. Maybe I''ll have to hit Hill St. We''re not too far from LA and DH is there often for work. I can''t wait to see what you find out!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be sure to post if I find anything, Miranda! Let me know if you find anything at Hill St., too! I went there once to check out the diamond district and it was insane! I didn''t look at gold chains, though...just diamonds!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful! I hope you find some and come back and show us.
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have small wrists and I'm the yellow gold queen ;-). I am sure that there are ideas in the thread to which Irina gave you the link (thanks, Irina, I am not on my toes!). On the other hand, maybe I can find some alternate sites for you and post them in this thread so that they are more accessible.

As surfgirl has, I have had luck finding high karat gold jewelry at low prices (bargain basement compared to Gurhan!) at kiosks and small mall stores and small Indian stores in cities with Asian populations. I do not scoff at 14K or 18K gold, however. I enjoy all yellow gold. I get different pieces for different reasons.

I have bought several pairs of earrings on-line though ShopNBC.com. This is just one of the designers whose work you can buy there at prices that are quite low.

Lambert Cheng's 24K Collection

Deborah
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a timely thread! I was thinking of heading down to my favorite place in CT to check out 24K gold bangles. I am interested in narrow (3mm or so) rounded bangles--so as to wear multiples of them. If they have to be custom, any idea how thick they''d need to be so as not to bend when taking on and off?

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 12:51:47 PM
Author: canuk-gal
What a timely thread! I was thinking of heading down to my favorite place in CT to check out 24K gold bangles. I am interested in narrow (3mm or so) rounded bangles--so as to wear multiples of them. If they have to be custom, any idea how thick they'd need to be so as not to bend when taking on and off?

Hey there, Sharon! For me, CT is Connecticut. What do you mean by it?

I have five 24K bangles in widths I would have to look up here on Pricescope since this is where I recorded the vital statistics on them. I do not know how thick they are, although I know (knew) their weight. I also do not know that they could not be made thinner. I have seen many thinner bangles, especially those made by Yossi Harari.

Perhaps you need to talk to a goldsmith, not a consumer. On the other hand, when one remembers the bangle made to fit a giant Gurhan sent out to one knows that even the big guys can make mistakes...or as my husband says, even Homer nodded.

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 3:00:40 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 6/23/2007 12:51:47 PM
What a timely thread! I was thinking of heading down to my favorite place in CT to check out 24K gold bangles. I am interested in narrow (3mm or so) rounded bangles--so as to wear multiples of them. If they have to be custom, any idea how thick they''d need to be so as not to bend when taking on and off?

Hey there, Sharon! For me, CT is Connecticut. What do you mean by it?

I have five 24K bangles in widths I would have to look up here on Pricescope since this is where I recorded the vital statistics on them. I do not know how thick they are, although I know (knew) their weight. I also do not know that they could not be made thinner. I have seen many thinner bangles, especially those made by Yossi Harari.

Perhaps you need to talk to a goldsmith, not a consumer. On the other hand, when one remembers the bangle made to fit a giant Gurhan sent out to one knows that even the big guys can make mistakes...or as my husband says, even Homer nodded.

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Deb! How are ya??? I LOL about CT--I meant Chinatown. I actually dislike using that term as it seems rather politically incorrect--but that is what it is called; even by the Asian folks......

So I consulted no less than 6 jewellers in ct today--and nothing pret-a-porter available in 5mm widths (or smaller), all would need to be custom. It can be done. I like that multi-bangle look in 24K. Plenty of large square bangles available, but not that lovely round comfort fit appearance that I seek. My favorite family run shop will get back to me about having something made (or finding something premade in Hong Kong). My request for plain rounded bangles, would seem, is not very popular. Moreover the bangles would likley weigh in at between 15-20 gms each, and have a hinge.

I just couldn''t get out of the shop without buying something in 24K, but my son is on the main computer so I cannot put a picture here right now.....

Sorry for the hijack.....maybe I should ask to have our old gold thread resurrected...

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 6:28:04 PM
My request for plain rounded bangles, would seem, is not very popular. Moreover the bangles would likley weigh in at between 15-20 gms each, and have a hinge.

I believe I saw a delicate gold bangle without a hinge made by Lambert Cheng while looking today. I think it was on the second page of his designs if one divided them by pieces and chose "bracelets". But I may be wrong. I did a bit of searching today in an attempt to find some rose and yellow gold chain bracelets and after a while things merge together :). I will go take a look.

<a href='http://www.shopnbc.com/SearchM/Default.aspx?page="LIST&category=Jewelry|t305&prop=Bracelets|170&prop=24K%20Gold|336&cm_re=Tab-_-Prod-_-N&catprop=336&CurrentPageIndex=1">see 7" bangle for $499.96 Is that anything like what you want?

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, that does look like what I want. I''ll keep it in mind. BTW, custom made local product, would run about $650 Can/bangle, at app. twice the gram weight.

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! Would they sell online? Their prices sounds much more reasonable and I love the pure karat gold too but don''t like the US$ prices, so I''ve had to go home to Asia and spend $$$ each time to satiate my love of high karat gold.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Ross-Simons has some pretty and elegant gold bracelets 14 and 18K. I love their site!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 10:54:09 AM
Author: Chrono
Ooh! Would they sell online? Their prices sounds much more reasonable and I love the pure karat gold too but don''t like the US$ prices, so I''ve had to go home to Asia and spend $$$ each time to satiate my love of high karat gold.
HI:

Chrono--sorry, is this in reference to the bracelets I mentioned? If so I am waiting on hearing what is available, before going the custom route. Either way, it is quite reasonable but I can let you know if you are interested. (BTW, they are building a website at present....).

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new pendant on rubber, 24k and glass beads

newthing.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s all: sorry for the hijack thing2of2!!!

newthing3.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 12:58:30 PM

HI:

Chrono--sorry, is this in reference to the bracelets I mentioned? If so I am waiting on hearing what is available, before going the custom route. Either way, it is quite reasonable but I can let you know if you are interested. (BTW, they are building a website at present....).

cheers--Sharon
YES! I eagerly await the new website as I am dying for afforable high karat gold bangles.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2007 1:57:44 PM

Date: 6/25/2007 12:58:30 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
YES! I eagerly await the new website as I am dying for afforable high karat gold bangles.
HI:

BUMP for Chrono. We just got back from our vacation and a message on my machine indicated the high carat bangles I have been waiting for are in. I have yet to see them, but hope to this weekend, or at the very latest Sat following. I know they are plain, around 10-11 gms each, but beyond that, I have no other details. But I think they will be "reasonably" priced--given my conversations with the shop owners at the time of ordering.

I''ll keep you updated......
1.gif
And I''ll inquire after the progress of the website...

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I can''t wait to see the bangles! And hear if you can order online or not! I''ll be checking!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2007 9:47:11 PM
Author: thing2of2
Oooh, I can''t wait to see the bangles! And hear if you can order online or not! I''ll be checking!
HI:

Thing2of2, got them today! They are great--just what I wanted. Will post pictures tomorrow. They made two for me, and I think I''ll have two more made. BTW, their website does not have product content on it--email communication mostly (or how she explained it''s presence....).

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2007 9:20:17 PM
Thing2of2, got them today! They are great--just what I wanted. Will post pictures tomorrow. They made two for me, and I think I'll have two more made. BTW, their website does not have product content on it--email communication mostly (or how she explained it's presence....).

I hope that when you post the pictures, you will post a complete description! I need to get some vicarious pleasure from this. I haven't been buying any jewelry lately because I was contemplating a big buy-which I decided was imprudent to do now-diamonds for my tennis bracelet. I have picked a setting and Wink found some diamonds that were just what I wanted at a good price. Unfortunately, the stones would have used up all my liquid assets, however, rendering me unable to buy the setting for the bracelet. So I would be out of cash, knowing I had to save $8,000.00 for a setting, and I have a daughter going to college in three years. It seemed imprudent. Wink was great. He said now we knew where to get the stones and we could do it in a few years. (I do want my daughter to get a good education, but I am hoping that we will see our way clear to paying for everything by the time she is finishing graduate or professional school!)

At any rate, I want to know all about your bangles!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2007 3:37:24 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 8/25/2007 9:20:17 PM
Thing2of2, got them today! They are great--just what I wanted. Will post pictures tomorrow. They made two for me, and I think I''ll have two more made. BTW, their website does not have product content on it--email communication mostly (or how she explained it''s presence....).

I hope that when you post the pictures, you will post a complete description! I need to get some vicarious pleasure from this. I haven''t been buying any jewelry lately because I was contemplating a big buy-which I decided was imprudent to do now-diamonds for my tennis bracelet. I have picked a setting and Wink found some diamonds that were just what I wanted at a good price. Unfortunately, the stones would have used up all my liquid assets, however, rendering me unable to buy the setting for the bracelet. So I would be out of cash, knowing I had to save $8,000.00 for a setting, and I have a daughter going to college in three years. It seemed imprudent. Wink was great. He said now we knew where to get the stones and we could do it in a few years. (I do want my daughter to get a good education, but I am hoping that we will see our way clear to paying for everything by the time she is finishing graduate or professional school!)

At any rate, I want to know all about your bangles!

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Deb! Always good to see/hear from you. Your honestly and sound judgement is wonderful! You will have your bracelet soon enough!

I have taken some pics--but must use the other computer to download and also must wrestly control away from the teenager
9.gif
2.gif
. Will do so in the jewellery thread, and not jijack thing2of2''s thread anymore.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results