#JOTW GOG AVC five stone band

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!!!

Lori

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the "LOVE" list! :love: :appl: AVC's are beautiful in every size!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous band, very fiery diamonds.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful and it looks perfect on your hand :love: :love: :love: If you went larger in size, how large would you go?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just love it, Rosebloom!! :love: I have one of these on my wish list. I kind of want it for our 5 year anniversary next year, but I also want an upgraded e-ring. :Up_to_something:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Hoover, Lori, lknvrb4, thank you so much for the compliments!  I love it too!

DS, thank you for your kind words and thank you for teaching me so much about diamonds! I read without posting for a year or so and always look forward to what you have to offer. Also I love love love your new solitaire and sapphire rings!

stargurl78, I also have always enjoyed reading your posts (and from your screen name I imagine we are the same age which is also fun).  Ideally I'd like the stones to be around 40 points each to get to around 4.5mm (the diameter of a .35 ct round and I really like that size five stone on my hand).  But at that size it is a much more significant investment and finding matching stones would be more difficult.  Another option is to pair it with a ruby eternity band. My sons are born in April and July so this would be their two birthstones...  What do you think would look best if I opt to wear this as a stand alone piece?

Rubybeth, thank you! Just had to go look up your avatar - gorgeous band!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom said:
Hoover, Lori, lknvrb4, thank you so much for the compliments! I love it too!

DS, thank you for your kind words and thank you for teaching me so much about diamonds! I read without posting for a year or so and always look forward to what you have to offer. Also I love love love your new solitaire and sapphire rings!

stargurl78, I also have always enjoyed reading your posts (and from your screen name I imagine we are the same age which is also fun). Ideally I'd like the stones to be around 40 points each to get to around 4.5mm (the diameter of a .35 ct round and I really like that size five stone on my hand). But at that size it is a much more significant investment and finding matching stones would be more difficult. Another option is to pair it with a ruby eternity band. My sons are born in April and July so this would be their two birthstones... What do you think would look best if I opt to wear this as a stand alone piece?

Thanks rosebloom, that is very nice of you to say! Honestly I think I would go for larger stones rather than pairing it with a ruby band. But maybe you could go try on a larger band and try your current ring on with a ruby band and see which you prefer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh well done!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Lovely trellis setting for those 5 AVC beauties! You are a fortunate lady, indeed!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful band! I think it looks fantastic as a stand-alone ring.

allaboutcushions

Rough_Rock
Definitely a DREAM wedding band/anniversary ring. At least it's my dream for many years before I get one!

In the meantime, if you feel like posting more lovely pics (e.g., flower shots, real-life perspective, etc.) I'm sure many of us dreamers would appreciate it!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1341929697|3231582 said:

Oh, you are too sweet! I wanted the bezel band for sooo long and now I can't imagine wearing my rings without it.

I'm curious about how you selected the AVCs and more details on the setting, so I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions. :bigsmile: Did you just tell GOG what size and color/clarity you wanted, and they found 5 matching stones? Or did they suggest 5 matching stones and you okayed them? I love the Brian Gavin trellis 2 setting (this one: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/five-stone-trellis-band-ii-18k-white-gold-5400w18 ) and I know the Vatche was quoted to me a couple hundred more, but I love Vatche designs, so I'm wondering how the settings compare. How similar does yours look to the Brian Gavin? Anymore photos of the side view would be awesome! :love: :cheeky:

I am vacillating between wanting the 5 ideal rounds and 5 August Vintage Cushions, but I'm not super into H&A stones though I love how flashy they are in smaller sizes. I also want an OEC or OMC upgrade, though, so this is all just dreaming for now. :lol:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It sent me to GOG's website to troll through their AV melees! :bigsmile:

My current wedding band is a 5 stone OEC, white gold, and it will need to be replaced at some point - the shank is wearing very thin and the stones are chipped. It may have actually been one of Uppy's rings from long ago. Anyway, I think I've just found my replacement inspiration! :appl: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for the kind words! It’s such great fun to have a community of people who are as giddy as I am about these things.

Stargurl78 - very good advice. But it may be moot - I think this is the one! The last two days I’ve worn it with my sapphire engagement ring and 2mm platinum band and I’m loving the look! It’s a lot on one finger but it’s a fun blinged out option. I think I would really miss having this option if I went with bigger stones. So I think I'll stay put for now!

Sharon - thank you. I would love to have a collection even half as amazing as yours someday!

Jacy - I love the trellis, too! Thank you!

Alene - thank you and I appreciate your perspective. I think you’re right that it works as a stand along ring too. Also I have two young boys so anything much larger wouldn’t be very kid-friendly. This is pretty much perfect!

Allaboutcushions - I so hope you get one someday! As for pictures - I thought I may have set an all time record already but I’ll see if I can dig up some more. You know, as a public service. :)

Rubybeth - Yes, I gave GOG a size (1.25-1.5 tcw) and color (J/K/L) range and asked them to find a good match. Originally they didn’t have anything in stock that met these criteria but I was fortunate that they received a new batch of melee shortly thereafter and they set aside these for me. I wanted this color range as opposed to F/G because I would love to someday pair this with an AVC or antique stone in a warmer color. I wanted the band to compliment the solitaire in the (distant) future. I adore the color - it seems so perfectly suited to the vintage cut.

I picked this size range after trying on five stones with round stones but I forgot that because of the square shape the AVCs, the width of the band doesn’t correlate exactly with a band of round stones. So while these are .28 and .29 stones they are the same width as a five stone made of .20 rounds. Also they are set super low (which makes it very comfortable and easy to wear).

I believe that to purchase the AVC or AVR melee you have to have GOG set the stones. So, the BGD trellis setting wasn’t an option (but I adore BGD and that setting in particular). I haven’t seen the BGD one in person but from the pictures I think the Vatche one may be a bit more delicate on the swoopy trellis part (technical terms of course). It doesn’t swoop in on the sides like the BGD one does. I’ll take and post more pictures during nap time today so you can see.

I picked the AVCs over H and As because they look so spectacular online but also because I’m a sentimental lady. My first son is named August and my second son was born in April so diamonds are his birthstone, so... I pretty much had to go this route! Also, I love the idea of the antique cut but I would never have the expertise or time to track down five matching antique stone for a ring like this. So I am very happy that I went with the AVCs.

My studs are AGS ideal cut and I adore them. I think they are perfect in the ear because you get such amazing flashy sparkle. And since I get to admire them mainly in the mirror this works great because I can fully appreciate their beauty. But since a ring you admire up close I’m so glad I have such fascinating diamonds to stare at all day (that are also crazy firey and flashy)! I know everyone talks about their chunky facets and big broad flashes of light. That is definitely an accurate description. I also think it looks liquid somehow. They are constantly “working it” and frankly look amazing in every light (except in the strong pin lighting over my kitchen range where they look dark orange - but my studs look similar in that light too).

My next project is (hopefully!) a DBTY necklace. For this I think I’ll go with ACAs or Brian Gavin Signature diamonds again to maximize flash from a distance. And frankly because I wouldn’t want to pay the premium for AVC/AVRs when I wouldn’t be examining them up close. But in a ring, I would absolutely do the AVCs again. They’re magical! My mom has a Brian Gavin Signature round with pear sides and it is a total knock out. It actually looks great with the AVC band, but when I wear them together my eye is drawn to the AVCs. They are just so unique.

JustGinger - I’m so glad you like it and I hope you are able to protect your OEC beauty (until you can get a new beauty anyways!).

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more pics of the setting:

img_5417.jpg

img_5446.jpg

img_5718.jpg

img_5596.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Profile shots and one of it looking dark orange in my kitchen spot lights. Also I forgot to mention that I asked Vatche to thin out the prongs from their usual. They don't really look thinner to me but maybe they are a touch. It is very hard to see them in real life because they blend right into the diamonds.

img_5666.jpg

img_5667.jpg

img_5632.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thank you for answering all my questions!! :appl: This helps a lot. I'm definitely bookmarking this thread for later. Since I also want a lower color antique solitaire, your point about being able to wear them together is a good one. I will have to try on a 1 ctw 5 stone to see if the proportions are good (I'm a size 5.5 or 6 on my right and a 5.25 on my left, so I think it would be good coverage with a 1.5 ctw in AVCs). The pictures of the trellis on the Vatche are also really helpful. My husband likes the BGD setting, but I think the Vatche is really close and I love that the stones are set so low. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Rosebloom, I adore all of your pieces! They are all stunning. I love the AVC band, it's beautiful and I love the sentiment for you behind it. What a lovely lovely collection!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I think the size of the stones is perfect Rosebloom. Personally I would have chosen the same and wear a size 7.I love the versality of it in that it can be worn as a stand alone ring or a wedding band with a solitare. Love the Vatche setting.
I too have looked at AVC's for about the past year and bookmarked every thread. Your ring is on my wish list!!!!

Enjoy, it is stunning! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Rubybeth - happy to enable!!! Hope you get a special treat sometime soon!

Luv2Sparkle - thank you so much! Before this ring I just wore my earrings and wedding set but now with this ring it does feel like a (very little!) "collection". Pretty fun!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
All your jewelry is beautiful!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Scrumptious! thanks for posting all the great pics!

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
GAH!! How did I miss this thread the first time around???
Boy... How I wish I could see what your AVC band would look like next to my AVC halo... DROOLTASTIC!!!
I mean, I love my 6-stone because it's sentimental and all... but OH to have one made with AVC's... sigh...

Your ring is absolutely STUNNING!! Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, :wavey: seriously, that was my dream 5 stone ring. I love mine, don't get me wrong. But your AVCs are PERFECT. I actually contacted GOG to look into sourcing these stones and making one but I was tooo chicken. Your ring is STUNNING. Hope you just love wearing it!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So freakin beautiful!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, :wavey: seriously, that was my dream 5 stone ring. I love mine, don't get me wrong. But your AVCs are PERFECT. I actually contacted GOG to look into sourcing these stones and making one but I was tooo chicken. Your ring is STUNNING. Hope you just love wearing it!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So freakin beautiful!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, :wavey: seriously, that was my dream 5 stone ring. I love mine, don't get me wrong. But your AVCs are PERFECT. I actually contacted GOG to look into sourcing these stones and making one but I was tooo chicken. Your ring is STUNNING. Hope you just love wearing it!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: So freakin beautiful!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom we have got to plan a Chicago get-together. Maybe in the spring? Enerchi said she will plan a trip here, not sure when, and other PSer's live in/near Chicago. I would love to see this ring in person! Really beautiful :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Dougsgirl said:
GAH!! How did I miss this thread the first time around???
Boy... How I wish I could see what your AVC band would look like next to my AVC halo... DROOLTASTIC!!!
I mean, I love my 6-stone because it's sentimental and all... but OH to have one made with AVC's... sigh...

Your ring is absolutely STUNNING!! Congratulations!

Thank you so much!!

Believe me, I've thought about how awesome my band and your halo would be together! Maybe someday we'll meet at a jeweler, I'll recognize your nails and then ask your screen name... :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, thank you!!!

I do love wearing it. The stones are just awesome. I've taken to wearing it solo on my left ring finger and wearing my engagement ring on my right hand. I love the combo. Sometimes I do wish I'd gone with bigger stones (it's a 7.25 so not dainty hands!), but other times it looks just right. I love it!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
woofmama said:
Rosebloom we have got to plan a Chicago get-together. Maybe in the spring? Enerchi said she will plan a trip here, not sure when, and other PSer's live in/near Chicago. I would love to see this ring in person! Really beautiful :love:
Yes, yes, yes! Spring sounds lovely. And if Enerchi is coming to town, we have to put out the red carpet! She's our multitasking jewelry reporter on the scene/jewelry pulp fiction writer extraordinaire! I can only imagine that we'd sure have fun!

And I'm dying to see your stunning new set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results