shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
OMG TP, I'm so sorry!!! I think your wedding/elopement will be amazing and beautiful, and especially meaningful with the few people who have a chance to witness it. <3

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1379959508|3525749 said:
TooPatient|1379949828|3525674 said:
I think a lot of small ceremonies can work beautifully. It just seems like this wouldn't go well. The ceremony is in Hebrew and only one guest who accepted knows Hebrew. The community join-in parts are all Hebrew so only the Cantor and the one guest could do this. (3 guests are uninterested/unwilling to even read a transliterated page...)

We will certainly do pics in my dress and have a great time! Lots of good food and good wine!

"A" is sort of sad but doing okay. She seems to understand our concerns (among other things, if the Rabbi or Cantor didn't show up we wouldn't have enough valid witnesses to actually complete the ceremony) and we've talked about how weddings are stressful but this is NOT normal.
She and I are still going out to get a nice dress for her. I'm going to see about taking her with me to get her nails done too. Not sure what I want to do with hair/make-up even for myself.
She knows she'll also come with us to the signing part with Rabbi.
I see, that makes more sense when you explain it that way. Everything happens for a reason -- your wedding will be beautiful no matter how you choose to celebrate it.

I'd been changing set-up and stuff to compensate for the smaller group. We were talking one day and I realized that if any one of three very busy people ended up unable to come for whatever reason that the whole thing would not be finalized. If Rabbi couldn't make it (death in the community) we wouldn't be married according to state law. If Cantor or our only Jewish male guest didn't make it (death in the community, sick kid at home, emergency to deal with in his business) we wouldn't be married according to Jewish law.
Hoping that some how things lined up and everyone actually made it is silly.
Add to that the whole community support sections with only two people singing (imagine a birthday party where only two guests knew the words to happy birthday and all the rest stood around looking confused...) and it is just better this way.

I'm trying to remember that things happen for a reason. I know the winery dinner will still be amazing and now we'll get to celebrate with just the handful of people who really matter. The whole center of attention thing is not something either of us like so maybe it will be more enjoyable this way.

Just e-mailed Rabbi. Will call later if I don't hear from him first.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1379974753|3525862 said:
OMG TP, I'm so sorry!!! I think your wedding/elopement will be amazing and beautiful, and especially meaningful with the few people who have a chance to witness it. <3

Thanks!

I'm not talking to anyone IRL about this stuff yet. Until we get some information from the Rabbi, I don't want to tell people one thing only to have it change to something different. I'd like to just get it sorted out and let people know once.
I don't know that anyone in our daily lives will ever get to know the details. Despite what we've been dealing with, I don't want anyone to be embarrassed.

Oh....
Funny moment a few days ago. "A" made a social oops and ended up saying something that I would have LOVED to say but couldn't.

The three of us were going to Shabbat dinner with a group of friends (we're part of a group that has dinner together regularly -- one family hosts (changes each time) and everyone else brings food) and "A" volunteered some information about the wedding planning process. One of the women there was explaining again (I did NOT ask!!) why she couldn't come to the wedding (the one going on lots of vacations who couldn't take a single day to be with us) and wondered how planning was going. I just sort of mentioned that the menus were complete and started to go greet another friend when I heard "A" start telling (loudly) how a lot of people couldn't even figure out how to send a reply card back. "Some people can't even be bothered to take the time to pick up a pen and check a box!"
What "A" didn't know as she went on at length about how inconsiderate people are was that the man and woman standing right next to her had been invited but didn't respond :lol: :oops: :lol:
I did whisper to her later so she'd know not to mention that part again in public...
She was horrified! She figured that everyone from that group had replied and most would be coming (since we've been having dinner together for several years).

That's okay.
Later in the meal she couldn't think of anything to talk about so she started telling how our dinner table conversations always turn gross. One woman (the one who was invited but hadn't responded yet and heard that first conversation!) asked what she meant. Eeek!
So "A" started talking at length about surgeries (bone cracking sounds, skin sucky noises, vein pulling), animal vomit, how animals are slaughtered...

We're working at explaining conversations that are okay for home but not so much in public! :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think waiting until you have confirmation is a good thing. I hope that you find a solution that still feels right in your heart. I agree that everything happens for a reason. It will all turn out exactly as it's supposed to!

SUPER funny story about "A"! Oh to be a child again!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates for In Progress Items!

Cake Topper is underway. I need to purchase one more component to finish the "bride" part of it. Groom is done.

I think I've settled on borrowing/wearing my sister's pearl studs. She's going to bring them to my shower on 10/12 and as long as they are a decent match to my pearl strand, I'll go for that. If not, I'll go buy a pair of fake pearls that are a decent match. My pearl strand was set to be picked up over the weekend and it looked great, but I tried it on and it still hung long. He measured it and it was restrung to 19" instead of my requested 18". They're shortening it again at no cost to me, but it'll be a few days before I can pick them up again.

I got my dress alterations appointment booked yesterday (going in on Saturday!).

I started shopping yesterday afternoon for dress undergarments. Going again today after work to look at bras...I have to figure that part out at least before Saturday.

Contacted the nice fancy salon yesterday about waxing (lower legs and underarms) and manicure/pedicure appointments. Getting a bit more information and looking to book appointments this week!

Lastly, I'm putting bridal shoes (sadly) back on the in progress list. I had a total bridal meltdown on Friday when I tried on my dress with my beautiful shoes and can't believe how uncomfortable I find them even after just a few minutes of wear. They pinch my toes so much that I was in tears (partially because they hurt, probably more because I'm sick of looking for shoes and can't believe I tried to convince myself that beauty was worth the pain on my wedding day). I can't believe how much I spent on shoes that are now outside the return period and I don't even want to wear anymore. Sigh. Back on the hunt, probably for flats. The company I ordered from does not require return authorizations, you just mail them in. Their FAQ said returns received past 30 days (I'm about a week over right now) may be subject to a restocking fee. I'm thinking about calling them to see how much of a loss I'd take by returning them now. I'm so distraught over this! It's my one and only regret about choosing a short dress. I hate shoes. I've never shopped for shoes so much in my life. If my dress was long, I'd have decided to wear flip flops or crocs long ago and been done with it.

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory

IN PROGRESS:
Assemble/finish cake topper
Purchase/borrow/select bridal jewelry
Get dress altered
Purchase undergarments for dress
Make spa appointments
Purchase bridal shoes

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE (will make apt in early Oct for day before wedding)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great progress!

Sorry about the shoes. I know how miserable it is to think you've got comfy shoes only to find they don't work.
I loved working with Zappos! You might give them a try and see if they have anything you'd like. The returns were super easy.

With each potential pair, I wore them around the house for a couple of hours and those that couldn't make it went back in the box for return. Of course now my pair that the dress is being fitted to is uncomfortable to stand/walk in for more than 15-20 minutes...
Maybe make sure to walk around instead of just sitting with a book!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrrrr!!!!!

I called to talk to Rabbi but his assistant got the call. How is it she manages to make me feel bad for everything! I have the nerve to call Rabbi to schedule 10 minutes of his time and cancel an all day for him & Cantor and she makes me feel horrible for imposing on their busy schedules :rolleyes:
Last time I checked, 10 minutes is MUCH easier on a schedule than 9+ hours!

Left him a voicemail. Mentioned the e-mail plus just enough detail to (hopefully) catch his attention.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay....

After many tears and phone calls (I'll detail later since it is late at night!) we got the ceremony swapped to Rabbi's office. Will do 1pm on 10/17 and then rush out to the car to get to the winery. Need to swap dinner from 5:30 to something closer to 7pm to give us enough time to get there.

Rabbi wondered how we are.... Yeah... I know it was meant as a way to show concern (he seemed shocked and sad by the lack of members who accepted) but what do you say? "I'm fine." "Feeling great!"
The whole dang thing sucks. I am mad and sad and confused and hurt and so much more. I'm having a hard time wanting to do anything other than curl up and ignore life. That isn't an option so I keep going, but the feelings are there!

Oh. At the end of all this stuff when we finally got the new time set, ANY lingering doubts about wanting to go forward as planned were gone. He wasn't planning to leave until after 1pm. Since he is always behind schedule, that would put him at leaving (for a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive -- traffic willing!) at 2pm or later.... for what should have been a 4:30 ceremony :nono:

Ketubah -- GAH!!!! If I don't get this one replaced (either they send a new one or we pay out of pocket for a new one) by the time we do the signing, he'll have us use whatever generic form he has around the gift store :-o ;( :(sad

Done:
STD's mailed
his w-band bought
venue selected/booked
wine tasting arranged
cake
invitations
figure out who is sharing room with "A"
who to drive "A" over on the day of
Place in our house for TWO guests to stay (not a couple so need two locations)
My necklace (sapphire & diamond)
my w-band
new kippah for FI
kippah for "A"
DRESS
order kosher wine for blessings
plane ticket for out of town guest
gift registry
Staying Friday night too!
KETUBAH!!!
photographer
engagement photos -- taken!
someone to watch animals for at least 2 nights
find a glass to break
toasting glasses
special Kiddush cup
schedule mikvah visit for me
chuppah
new tallit for FI
translate Hebrew sections to English to print for guests (leaving this to FI)
rental car of OOT guests
underwear to go with dress
outfits to wear for e-pics! :-o
veil (hanging with my dress now!)
shoes
flowers
dinner menu
kippot (plural of kippah) for guests
brunch menu (so close!)
pre-wedding counseling with Rabbi
NEW date and time for ceremony set

In process:
nails (1st place no good... trying 2nd place soon!)
dress fittings (finished one, second scheduled)
Place for OOT guest to sleep in our house (both rooms figured out, one ready to use, one almost ready)
dress for "A" (waiting for September since she's growing fast!)
wine pairings (just about done!)

To do:
hair
his tux
frame to hang ketubah
marriage license
FI haircut
verify cake canceled from 1st lady
confirm cake with 2nd lady & figure out new decorations
ask witness to attend new ceremony time
change hotel reservations (now going over Thurs instead of Wed)
cancel extra hotel rooms
call all guests to notify of change/cancel
confirm changes with winery regarding guest count and timing
change menu
figure out what to wear for ceremony
figure out what to wear for dinner
discuss photos with photographer (don't want pictures of 7 of us sitting around eating dinner with no ceremony!)
photographer at ceremony & winery?
figure out new timing of nails & hair in relation to new ceremony time
GET A NEW KETUBAH!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380058448|3526574 said:
Great progress!

Sorry about the shoes. I know how miserable it is to think you've got comfy shoes only to find they don't work.
I loved working with Zappos! You might give them a try and see if they have anything you'd like. The returns were super easy.

With each potential pair, I wore them around the house for a couple of hours and those that couldn't make it went back in the box for return. Of course now my pair that the dress is being fitted to is uncomfortable to stand/walk in for more than 15-20 minutes...
Maybe make sure to walk around instead of just sitting with a book!
Thanks! I have used Zappos (bought and returned two "maybe" shoes from them before buying the ones I have now). I'll definitely be more conscious of comfort this go around.... ;(

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380058691|3526581 said:
Grrrrr!!!!!

I called to talk to Rabbi but his assistant got the call. How is it she manages to make me feel bad for everything! I have the nerve to call Rabbi to schedule 10 minutes of his time and cancel an all day for him & Cantor and she makes me feel horrible for imposing on their busy schedules :rolleyes:
Last time I checked, 10 minutes is MUCH easier on a schedule than 9+ hours!

Left him a voicemail. Mentioned the e-mail plus just enough detail to (hopefully) catch his attention.
Don't let her make you feel bad. Your time is important to! Shame on her!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380090641|3526871 said:
Okay....

After many tears and phone calls (I'll detail later since it is late at night!) we got the ceremony swapped to Rabbi's office. Will do 1pm on 10/17 and then rush out to the car to get to the winery. Need to swap dinner from 5:30 to something closer to 7pm to give us enough time to get there.

Rabbi wondered how we are.... Yeah... I know it was meant as a way to show concern (he seemed shocked and sad by the lack of members who accepted) but what do you say? "I'm fine." "Feeling great!"
The whole dang thing sucks. I am mad and sad and confused and hurt and so much more. I'm having a hard time wanting to do anything other than curl up and ignore life. That isn't an option so I keep going, but the feelings are there!

Oh. At the end of all this stuff when we finally got the new time set, ANY lingering doubts about wanting to go forward as planned were gone. He wasn't planning to leave until after 1pm. Since he is always behind schedule, that would put him at leaving (for a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive -- traffic willing!) at 2pm or later.... for what should have been a 4:30 ceremony :nono:

Ketubah -- GAH!!!! If I don't get this one replaced (either they send a new one or we pay out of pocket for a new one) by the time we do the signing, he'll have us use whatever generic form he has around the gift store :-o ;( :(sad
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry you're upset! I know it sounds like SO much, but I actually think it'll be great to still have the ceremony on the day of your reception! It seems like a great compromise to have your private religious ceremony, and then celebrate with your nearest and dearest. It sounds like it's a blessing in disguise TBH. You won't have to worry about him being late, at least!

Such a bummer on the ketubah! So it's unacceptable to the Rabbi as is? I think the company should have to replace it from the damage anyway! But I guess that still leaves the problem of the incorrect information. Are they terribly expensive? I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this stress!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Got my dress undergarments finished last night! Well, enough that I'm calling it done. I have my new fancy (and SUPER comfy) bra and undies -- just haven't decide on panty hose or not yet depending on which shoes I end up with.

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress

IN PROGRESS:
Assemble/finish cake topper
Purchase/borrow/select bridal jewelry
Get dress altered
Make spa appointments
Purchase bridal shoes

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE (will make apt in early Oct for day before wedding)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we'll both be happy with how things turn out once we get past the hurt. It is less about the ceremony and more the shock of discovering the people we care most about just don't care. We went to lots of trouble making sure dates and times were okay with people and even talked about the 2 hour drive so that wasn't a surprise for people. This on top of no one checking to see if we're okay is just really painful right now. We have NEVER missed holiday services and didn't make it to any this year. Someone should have noticed that we just dropped out of sight for several months.

It will be great at the end of the day. It is just hard to see from here to there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're almost done!!!!

Glad you were able to find undergarments that are comfortable to go with your dress!

Just got home from school and found flowers waiting on the porch. I figured maybe a friend or family member. Nope. Zappos!
They send us a flower arrangement in a pretty vase with a card congratulating us on getting married and hoping "B" feels better soon.
Great customer service!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380138982|3527209 said:
I think we'll both be happy with how things turn out once we get past the hurt. It is less about the ceremony and more the shock of discovering the people we care most about just don't care. We went to lots of trouble making sure dates and times were okay with people and even talked about the 2 hour drive so that wasn't a surprise for people. This on top of no one checking to see if we're okay is just really painful right now. We have NEVER missed holiday services and didn't make it to any this year. Someone should have noticed that we just dropped out of sight for several months.

It will be great at the end of the day. It is just hard to see from here to there.
I agree. I think you're still feeling shocked at how things have unfolded and that will lessen with time. I'm so sorry that your community isn't taking notice at your absences. Hang in there and vent here as much as you need to! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380147008|3527286 said:
You're almost done!!!!

Glad you were able to find undergarments that are comfortable to go with your dress!

Just got home from school and found flowers waiting on the porch. I figured maybe a friend or family member. Nope. Zappos!
They send us a flower arrangement in a pretty vase with a card congratulating us on getting married and hoping "B" feels better soon.
Great customer service!
Working on it! The shoes are stressing me beyond belief, though. Gah! I hate shoes so much.

How nice! I didn't know Zappos did anything like that! Super sweet.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Aud, you have so much done! A little over a month and counting! Sorry about the shoes! Can we help you look? What about some pretty ivory beaded flats? I definitely think you should be comfy on your day and maybe you could wear them again? I hope the restocking fee isn’t too much.

TooPatient, So sorry you are going through all of this. I can’t believe his assistant is that rude. It sounds like this is for the best though, who knows when he would have shown up at the winery! It really hurts when people start showing their true colors and for some reason it’s always at these huge life events. Your wedding dinner sounds absolutely amazing though! You have put so much thought into it. It will be beautiful and so much fun to celebrate with your loved ones.
Zappos sent you flowers?! That’s amazing. I love that place. :appl:

Mini Update:I went and tried on dresses last night with my mom. They wouldn’t let me take pictures! Booo. :nono: I am upset mostly because my soon-to-be mother in law and grandma live in a different state and I would really love to be able to show them a couple and let them help me choose.

I actually found two dresses that I love- they are both SOOOOO different but both amazing and I could totally picture getting married in them. So now I am trying to find a salon that will allow me to take pictures to send to SO’s family before I decide. Grrrr.

I also scheduled our engagement photos! We went with a wedding photographer that offers great packages. The thought is we will also hire her to take some photos at our reception when we get back and get a package rate with our engagement photos. They are scheduled for October 13th. So… now I have to figure out what to wear. She wants us to wear bright colors but that is just totally not my style at all so right now I am thinking:

Causal…
Me: Pale pink button down, dark skinny jeans, brown boots (over my jeans).

Him: Mint green button down, dark jeans.

Dressy…

Me: Navy lacy dress, tan heels or coral heels (not sure yet!- I would sort of like that pop of color)

Him: Purple and Navy striped dress shirt, gray slacks.

I don’t really feel like going and buying all new clothes. We have bought so many outfits this year for different weddings and events. It seems like we should be able to choose something we have in the closet.

I’ll post pics of the two dresses… on the models of course…
:roll:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
dress_5.jpg

I love the light taffeta material and it's what I picture in my head for my beach wedding... but then I LOVE this too...

dress2_0.jpg

This dress is also light taffeta material and I love the pockets and the buttons down the back. I just dont know if its 'beachy'. I would get the sash in Ivory and remove the flower andjust have the rhinestone sash.

Thoughts?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aud -- If you want to let us know your size and budget, we could look too! I hate finding shoes for myself but love looking for other people!

AS -- Sorry they wouldn't let you take pictures. I sort of get the logic, but I really think they make more sales if they let you take pictures. I would have hated to buy a dress if I couldn't take pictures in it to think about for a few days!

Both dresses are beautiful! Do you feel able to move in the first one? Is it comfortable enough you could walk around or dance in?

Ketubah -- Rabbi won't use it as is. This is the actual marriage contract and just like any other contract you sign, it is not supposed to have errors in it. He suggested we could sign a different one and then just display this one but FI is VERY against that idea. I don't like it either and (despite assurances otherwise) people WOULD notice that there were no signatures :rolleyes:
It is a holiday today and tomorrow then starts Shabbat so I can't even e-mail the people to try to correct this until Saturday evening. I'll send an e-mail then and call Sunday to see what we can do.
The ketubah we chose is $300 + $85 calligraphy. If they'll send us a new one due to shipping damage, that would be great otherwise we'll just have to order a new one. Not sure what to do with shipping. Did standard ground shipping last time ($20) and it was supposed to be 4 business days. Two day shipping is the next level up and runs about $100 (yikes!) but still goes through the same shipper as crushed the original.
They were great to work with so I'm hoping they will replace the damaged ketubah without charge (making the change in location) and do some sort of rush so it is here in plenty of time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics are here!

I'll post when I get a minute. Some great. Some good. Some :-o :-o (not photographer's fault)

Word of advice -- Anything you plan to have your picture taken wearing, go to a store with big floor length mirrors where you can see yourself from ALL angles. OMG! I am banishing one of my outfits forever! (or at least until I lose 30 lbs!)

ETA: Dinner can wait. Must post pics!!!
Here are some of our favorites!

_10412.jpg

_10413.jpg

_10414.jpg

_10415.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
more.

Photographer did great!
Most of these are in a dark room with random lights so she was constantly having to adjust her flash and stuff on the camera. Others were outside in the bright/cloudy PNW weather. Some even had plastic and metal to deal with avoiding glare and things.
The only unhappiness comes from my choice in clothing. The nails took so long that I hadn't looked in a mirror before going. The green tank is one I'd been wearing and gotten compliments on but I'd never worn with those pants (FI didn't want me in jeans) so hadn't seen what it looked like with pants that "mostly" fit :knockout:

_10416.jpg

_10417.jpg

_10418.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Low heel and simple. Look like they might be comfortable. ara Blake

Cute with a low heel. Comes in white and other colors. Reviews say they are comfortable.
rsvp Sadie

The ones you suggested I try! They were cute and looked super comfortable. (My foot was too wide to go in so I don't know from personal experience :(sad )
gabriella rocha ginger

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380202007|3527602 said:
Mini Update:I went and tried on dresses last night with my mom. They wouldn’t let me take pictures! Booo. :nono: I am upset mostly because my soon-to-be mother in law and grandma live in a different state and I would really love to be able to show them a couple and let them help me choose.

I actually found two dresses that I love- they are both SOOOOO different but both amazing and I could totally picture getting married in them. So now I am trying to find a salon that will allow me to take pictures to send to SO’s family before I decide. Grrrr.
Nice! I love that you found two dresses that you love. I think definitely find somewhere that will let you take photos. I think being able to see yourself in a photograph as opposed to a mirror is invaluable when you think about how you want to be pictured in any dress.

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380202007|3527602 said:
I also scheduled our engagement photos! We went with a wedding photographer that offers great packages. The thought is we will also hire her to take some photos at our reception when we get back and get a package rate with our engagement photos. They are scheduled for October 13th. So… now I have to figure out what to wear. She wants us to wear bright colors but that is just totally not my style at all so right now I am thinking:

Causal…
Me: Pale pink button down, dark skinny jeans, brown boots (over my jeans).

Him: Mint green button down, dark jeans.

Dressy…

Me: Navy lacy dress, tan heels or coral heels (not sure yet!- I would sort of like that pop of color)

Him: Purple and Navy striped dress shirt, gray slacks.

I don’t really feel like going and buying all new clothes. We have bought so many outfits this year for different weddings and events. It seems like we should be able to choose something we have in the closet.
Yay! Sounds great! I would dress as you would normally. We just finished our pictures last weekend and went casual. He wore jeans, a mint green button down shirt, no tie, sleeves rolled up, and brown shoes. I wore jeans, cream colored crochet flats, and a shirt that had a pattern with mint green in it. I've only gotten a few teasers from the photographer so far, but the colors just POPPED so I totally vote for your casual look with the pale pink and mint. I think it would be amazing. You want to feel like yourselves! I'll post a shot or two that I do have after I finish responding to the other posts!

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380203364|3527611 said:
dress_5.jpg

I love the light taffeta material and it's what I picture in my head for my beach wedding... but then I LOVE this too...

dress2_0.jpg

This dress is also light taffeta material and I love the pockets and the buttons down the back. I just dont know if its 'beachy'. I would get the sash in Ivory and remove the flower andjust have the rhinestone sash.

Thoughts?
They're both beautiful! And honestly, who cares if someone thinks it's "beachy". I think beachy can be whatever you want to get married in ON THE BEACH!

Of the two dresses, I'm more drawn to the second dress, but that's because I love natural waist sashes! They're both beautiful. I understand how you may think neither of them are "beachy", though, in that they're larger dresses with some volume that may be cumbersome to walk around in on the sand. When I think beachy, I think slender lines, chiffon, flowing in the wind...but that doesn't have to be it! I've seen beach weddings on the wedding shoes where they go out and get married in full princess style head to toe, on the beach! It's whatever makes you feel the most beautiful in the location you feel drawn to. Screw the rest. :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380207482|3527639 said:
Ketubah -- Rabbi won't use it as is. This is the actual marriage contract and just like any other contract you sign, it is not supposed to have errors in it. He suggested we could sign a different one and then just display this one but FI is VERY against that idea. I don't like it either and (despite assurances otherwise) people WOULD notice that there were no signatures :rolleyes:
It is a holiday today and tomorrow then starts Shabbat so I can't even e-mail the people to try to correct this until Saturday evening. I'll send an e-mail then and call Sunday to see what we can do.
The ketubah we chose is $300 + $85 calligraphy. If they'll send us a new one due to shipping damage, that would be great otherwise we'll just have to order a new one. Not sure what to do with shipping. Did standard ground shipping last time ($20) and it was supposed to be 4 business days. Two day shipping is the next level up and runs about $100 (yikes!) but still goes through the same shipper as crushed the original.
They were great to work with so I'm hoping they will replace the damaged ketubah without charge (making the change in location) and do some sort of rush so it is here in plenty of time.
Bummer! I totally understand it, but that's still disappointing. I hope the company will replace the damaged one AND make the change you need at the same time. I hope they make it right!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380244790|3528039 said:
Pics are here!

I'll post when I get a minute. Some great. Some good. Some :-o :-o (not photographer's fault)

Word of advice -- Anything you plan to have your picture taken wearing, go to a store with big floor length mirrors where you can see yourself from ALL angles. OMG! I am banishing one of my outfits forever! (or at least until I lose 30 lbs!)

ETA: Dinner can wait. Must post pics!!!
Here are some of our favorites!
YAY! So glad that you got them back! You look so happy :))

ETA: I think my favorite shots are the last one posted in each bunch! You both are just beaming happy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380284737|3528264 said:
Low heel and simple. Look like they might be comfortable. ara Blake

Cute with a low heel. Comes in white and other colors. Reviews say they are comfortable.
rsvp Sadie

The ones you suggested I try! They were cute and looked super comfortable. (My foot was too wide to go in so I don't know from personal experience :(sad )
gabriella rocha ginger
Thanks for the suggestions. My issue is that I think I want to wear panty hose because my dress is short and it may be chilly. That means, I need a shoe that's fully closed in. Since heels aren't my thing, I'm leaning towards flats, but finding comfortable flats isn't easy either. I've tried the Gabriella Rocha shoes and while they're adroable, the color isn't quite right. They're "bone", not white, and I can see the difference between them and the lace of my dress. If it comes down to it and I don't find anything else, I'll probably order those again because I'm sure they work well enough, but I need white, not ivory/cream/bone/nude, etc. Gah. I hate shoes so much.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if I can post the engagement pic sneak peeks yet...they only ones I have are from her FB page and they have her vendor logo on them which I don't think PS allows...I should have the actual ones, soon, though!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
audball|1380290188|3528322 said:
I'm not sure if I can post the engagement pic sneak peeks yet...they only ones I have are from her FB page and they have her vendor logo on them which I don't think PS allows...I should have the actual ones, soon, though!

aud, you can totally post watermarked e-pics! It's just jewelry vendor logos you aren't allowed to have in your pictures.

Translation: I WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEE!

TP, I just wanted to extend a big ol' internet hug to you. You've been through so much with B (and A) and I hope that in the end you can enjoy your wedding day, and your post-wedding celebration, and look upon both happily in the future. <3

antique, I love both dresses! I'm partial to natural waist with sash and pockets because, well, that's exactly what my dress had! But I think both are beautiful! Did you do a "sit test" in the mermaid cut dress at all? I know my sister nixed one of her fave dresses at a shop because she couldn't sit down in it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results