carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1380309970|3528498 said:
audball|1380290188|3528322 said:
I'm not sure if I can post the engagement pic sneak peeks yet...they only ones I have are from her FB page and they have her vendor logo on them which I don't think PS allows...I should have the actual ones, soon, though!

aud, you can totally post watermarked e-pics! It's just jewelry vendor logos you aren't allowed to have in your pictures.

Translation: I WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEE!
Good to know! I'll snag them and post real quick! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
We've only gotten 6 sneak peeks so far! Here they are! :)) :))

We were SOOO lucky to win a giveaway from this photographer for a 1 hour photo shoot with hair and makeup. We got to choose the location which was at the university where we first met.

Photographer: Daniela D Photography
Hair/Makeup: Casey Grim

1277885_658195544213210_990156180_o.jpg

1275223_658195547546543_234389587_o.jpg

1233166_658203704212394_586505857_o.jpg

1268626_659036704129094_713295665_o.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Last two sneak peeks!

841135_658195554213209_1557880084_o.jpg

1268992_659480037418094_1468394521_o.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC -- Thanks! I think it will be much more "us" the way it is working out. I'm not happy how it happened, but I think we will enjoy ourselves more in the end!

Audball -- Wow! Amazing pics! I love your hair that way too :love:
The one kissing over the tree is just gorgeous!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Aud! They're fabulous! Love your hair and makeup, and your coordinating outfits are perfect! Can't wait to see the rest when you get them!

TP, I TOTALLY forgot to comment on yours in my previous post. Shame on me. :nono: I agree with Aud...my faves are the last in each bunch! You just look SO happy! :D Can't wait to see your wedding pics!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380322870|3528589 said:
Audball -- Wow! Amazing pics! I love your hair that way too :love: The one kissing over the tree is just gorgeous!!!
Thank you!! :)) I'm thrilled so far! I cannot wait to see the rest!

vc10um|1380325083|3528611 said:
Aud! They're fabulous! Love your hair and makeup, and your coordinating outfits are perfect! Can't wait to see the rest when you get them!
Thank you! I was so thrilled to get my hair and makeup done for the shoot! I love what she did. She used photos from my wedding day hair and makeup inspiration board on Pinterest and I love how it came out! I also decided to take photos for this shoot with my contacts in to see how that felt. I think you'll remember chiming in on whether or not I should wear my glasses on the big day...so far, of the few shots I've seen I still very much feel like I look like myself and am leaning towards wearing contacts for the wedding too so that my makeup can really show and my photographer won't have to be concerned with constantly adjusting for the glare/lighting. Eek! 32 days to go! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dropping off my dress for fitting tomorrow!

Got my spa appointments for right before the wedding confirmed and booked today. Woot.

Shoes I ordered this week came in -- not a good match. Taking those back to the store and still looking...

Picking up my pearls tomorrow!

Got the last of the materials needed for the cake topper this week, will finish it this weekend.

I acquired a typewriter for the weekend so we can assemble our vows on the beautiful stationary we bought. We decided to type them on a typewriter to go with the vintage feel/vibe of the southern Savannah elopement. FI liked the idea because he doesn't have neat handwriting and was afraid of messing up our stationary. We want to keep the cards as a keepsake and frame them with a collage of wedding photos down the road.

It's not exactly wedding related in terms of the budget or the official to-do list, but I'm also going to peek around at the mall for an outfit (or things to add to existing pieces I have) to put together an outfit for my bridal shower on the 12th. I'm getting my legs and underarms waxed for the wedding/honeymoon, so I'm not allowed to shave until my appointment. So no dress...hah, I'm thinking of wearing my new dark jeans from the engagement shoot and the cute crochet flats I wore too. Last time we were at the mall I saw a peach colored cardigan on clearance at Old Navy...I'm hoping they still have it because I could just throw that over this sparkly tanktop I have to pull it all together.

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!

IN PROGRESS:
Assemble/finish cake topper
Purchase/borrow/select bridal jewelry
Get dress altered
Purchase bridal shoes
Assemble vows/stationary

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE (will make apt in early Oct for day before wedding)[/quote]

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Aud, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! GAH! i am so excited for you. You picked amazing colors in the outfits too - they just POP!!!

I am sorry about the shoes. I hate shoes, and they are SO hard to purchase without trying them on for at least an hour to decide. I hope you can find something that is comfy AND matches!

I am going wedding dress shopping tomorrow with my best friend. I plan on purchasing tomorrow. I still have the one i really liked in the back of my mind, but i went alone and i really need someone elses opinion. So, i am going to a new store first to try on some new dresses, then if need be - heading back to the original store to try on the "original" dress i thought i wanted as well as new ones there. Hopefully i can get this checked off my list - please send me dust that i dont look like a cow in everything!!!!! :errrr:

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1380377912|3528821 said:
Aud, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! GAH! i am so excited for you. You picked amazing colors in the outfits too - they just POP!!!

I am sorry about the shoes. I hate shoes, and they are SO hard to purchase without trying them on for at least an hour to decide. I hope you can find something that is comfy AND matches!

I am going wedding dress shopping tomorrow with my best friend. I plan on purchasing tomorrow. I still have the one i really liked in the back of my mind, but i went alone and i really need someone elses opinion. So, i am going to a new store first to try on some new dresses, then if need be - heading back to the original store to try on the "original" dress i thought i wanted as well as new ones there. Hopefully i can get this checked off my list - please send me dust that i dont look like a cow in everything!!!!! :errrr:
Aww, thanks LLC! I'm super bummed about the shoes, but I'm trying to be optimistic that I'll find just the right pair like when I found my dress on a random shopping trip! *fingers crossed*

I can't wait to see pictures from your dress shopping trip! I think your plan sounds perfect!! DUSSSSSSSSST that you find the right one and that you feel 100% ready to commit to it tomorrow! You WILL NOT look like a cow!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Just got back from my alterations appointment! Lady was SUPER nice. She must have told me how adorable my dress was like 10 times. She did all the little things I wanted while I stood there in the dress and didn't charge me for them. She's taking up the sleeves to fit nicely and it was only $20! WIN! I pick it up on 10/22 in the afternoon.Can't wait to see it fitting for real!!

The little things were really little things, but it was still nice of her to do without any charge. I had her remove the tag in the back of the dress so it wouldn't show in the pictures of my dress hanging up, I had her remove the belt loops on the dress that kept the sash in place because I hated how they looked, she removed the straps that hang the dress on the hanger (well, she will when she opens that seam to shorten the shoulders, she always puts them back unless you ask to remove them), and she shortened the sash on the side it was too long (the dress was meant to have the sash tie exactly in the middle which I think looks childish, and tying it to the left made one end too long).

I can't wait to pick it up in a few weeks! Now to find SHOES!

ETA: Despite all the progress I've made with weight, I didn't get into the Size 10 as I'd hoped. It was still too tight around my ribcage. I went with the 12 that fits perfectly throughout the body right now (weighed in at 153 this morning!). Sadly because it fits SO well, I really need to stop losing weight for the next few weeks and work on maintaining where I'm at. Since I'll be picking up the dress 8 days before the wedding and only 6 days from when we'll leave for Savannah, there really isn't time to take it in a lot of I lose more. So, I'll be trying to keep my weight between 150-155 until after the wedding.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for the fitting! She sounds wonderful!

I talked to the lady doing my fitting and she told me not to stress over losing weight. It wouldn't be enough to change the dress significantly and if it needs a little adjusting she can easily do it in a couple of days.
I think relaxing and not trying to lose weight is great so you have one less thing to stress over. Just don't worry if you do drop a little more between now and then. They are used to this!

Sorry the shoes didn't work out. You'll find some and the comfort (and cuteness!) will be worth the wait.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay... should be doing homework, but I couldn't resist looking for some closed toe flats. Hope you're able to find something cute and comfortable soon so you can cross that off your list!

David Tutera: Blossom
The "ivory" may be a bit too dark for your dress. Would navy work?

Touch Ups: Meghan
No reviews so I don't know about comfort. They look cute and like they could be comfortable. In white satin.

Wanted: Lario
These are mint colored but they have lots of color options. Look SUPER comfortable.

Fitzwell: Master
Look white to me but they call this "Napa White"? Reviewers say they are comfortable.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380426733|3529155 said:
Yay for the fitting! She sounds wonderful!

I talked to the lady doing my fitting and she told me not to stress over losing weight. It wouldn't be enough to change the dress significantly and if it needs a little adjusting she can easily do it in a couple of days.
I think relaxing and not trying to lose weight is great so you have one less thing to stress over. Just don't worry if you do drop a little more between now and then. They are used to this!

Sorry the shoes didn't work out. You'll find some and the comfort (and cuteness!) will be worth the wait.
It's a relief to have it in and know it's being worked on! I know they *can* do more work, but we leave 6 days after I pick it up and I'm sure it would cost more money if it needs a lot of changes throughout the bodice. I guess we'll see! I've never reached "goal" weight so I've never had much practice at maintaining...we'll see how that goes!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380427792|3529162 said:
Okay... should be doing homework, but I couldn't resist looking for some closed toe flats. Hope you're able to find something cute and comfortable soon so you can cross that off your list!

Thanks for looking for me! :))

The shoes I ordered in came on Friday. They didn't match so I returned them yesterday. I found two pairs in person at DSW that were flat and comfortable. One of them was a smidge more comfortable than the other, but after getting them home and looking at them with the dress, the slightly more comfortable pair just didn't go. It had too casual a feel and the lace on the shoe clashed with the lace on the dress.

The other pair I bought I think is going to work, though! They're a basic white leather flat. It has an ugly flower on the toe, but it looks easily removable. After two more days of searching to no avail - I think I'm going to at least give them a go! We went to Michael's tonight and found some fabric flowers that are white satin that I think will make the shoe feel a bit dressier that the flower that's currently attached. The back of the satin ones I bought are finished with a felt circle which should be easy to attach to wear I'll pull the ugly flower off. The center of the satin flower is finished with a pearl haloed in sparkles which matches the one we used on the cake topper!

We were quite productive this weekend!

Saturday: I got my dress dropped off for alterations. I returned both pairs of shoes ordered online from DSW that didn't work. Bought two new pairs of shoes to try from DSW that we brought home. We were finally able to pick up my pearls, too!

Today: We finished the cake topper (woot!). We got our vows assembled on the pretty stationary. We have them pressing in a big book to make sure and get a good seal on the adhesive and then I should be able to snap some pictures of them (tomorrow afternoon). I returned the pair of shoes that we decided didn't match that I bought yesterday. (I also picked up two new pairs of flats on clearance for work/casual stuff...super comfy and CUTE!). We picked up supplies to make the pair of shoes I bought yesterday work out and will try to do that sometime this week or next weekend.

I'm feeling a bit better overall!

How's everything your way, TP? AS? LLC? Any updates?

audball

Ideal_Rock
A few more checked off!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!
Assembled vows/stationary
Assembled/finished cake topper
Restrung pearls finished picked up

IN PROGRESS:
Borrow/purchase earrings
Get dress altered
Purchase bridal shoes

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE (will make apt in early Oct for day before wedding)[/quote][/quote]

audball

Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAP! WE ARE ONE MONTH OUT!!! :)) :)) :)) :))

As promised, finished shots of our cake topper! They're with my cell phone, apologies for the poor quality!

Back story -- Starbucks Frappuccinos are about our only vice. We love them entirely too much. We had Starbucks twice on our engagement day. It's their 2011 Christmas ornament, which is cute because that's the year we got together and we got engaged at Christmas time. After the wedding, we can put the strings back on and have them on our tree every year as a memento!

We used an oil based sharpie to write bride and groom on the cups where the barista would normally write your name and filled in our regular order in the boxes on the side! We also put our wedding date down the other side. FI used engineering design software and a 3D printer to design and print the top hat for his. The ribbon around his hate I took from one of the organza bags we bought for a different purpose. We only needed one and the smallest pack came with 12. For the bride, I used some loose tulle and a clip on earring from Claire's to hold it on! So happy with how they came out. They'll show up nicely against the chocolate cake!

_10479.jpg

right_side.jpg

left_side.jpg

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Love your caketopper and LOVE Starbucks! Such a cute idea! :appl: :love:

SO and I had our first kiss outside starbucks. :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380549096|3529541 said:
Love your caketopper and LOVE Starbucks! Such a cute idea! :appl: :love:

SO and I had our first kiss outside starbucks. :naughty:
Aww, thanks! We're so happy with how it came out :))

Frappuccinos are seriously our only real vice. At more than $5 a piece and 600+ calories depending on which one you order...we try not to let ourselves have them too often! But gah! We love them.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

What a cute idea! So personal and special! I love that you'll be able to keep them and pull them out every year :appl:

If you love the java chip, have you tried the caramel ribbon??

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380550840|3529554 said:
:love: :love: :love:

What a cute idea! So personal and special! I love that you'll be able to keep them and pull them out every year :appl:

If you love the java chip, have you tried the caramel ribbon??
Thanks! We did try the caramel ribbon crunch over the summer when it was offered, we didn't love it but we're not big caramel fans. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mocha Cookie Crubmle (java chip with vanilla, chocolate whip cream, and crumbled cookies). So sad it's gone until next summer. We still ordered java chips with vanilla regularly. We also love java chips with peppermint, but I refuse to order one until it's November at least!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yum! I want a Starbucks! lol

I had a ring moment yesterday with this gal that trimmed my bangs. SO wanted his hair cut but didnt want to pay my salon's price and I only needed a bang trim so we went to the mall... This girl immediatley zeros in on my ring and grabs my hand. Usually I am flattered but she proceeds to ask if it's a smoky diamond... um what? I wear an L so it's defintely not white but smoky?! For real?! Then she spends the next half hour trying to convince me to have a 'real' wedding instead of elope. SO was just sitting over in the other chair getting his hair trimmed giggling. He thought it was funny. I finally left and told him I would meet him at the coffee shop in the mall. GRRRRR.. Insulting my diamond AND my wedding plans all in the same half hour? Youch.

No real updates here. Just trying to find clothes for out pictures. I am struggling because they say not to wear light colors or pastels but the two casual outfits I like are both pastel. I could see not wearing pastels next to a light backdrop but we will be amongst trees and water in the evening so to me it feels like they would pop. I did make an appointment to get my hair done for the pictures. I think I will do my own makeup and maybe practice this weekend for SO's sister's wedding. Now what to do with my nails... gel or regular polish? French or pale pink... eeeps!

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1380554790|3529584 said:
Me too! Gah! We did indulge this weekend and got some on Sunday while we finished the cake topper. It seemed appropriate ;-)

I had a ring moment yesterday with this gal that trimmed my bangs. SO wanted his hair cut but didnt want to pay my salon's price and I only needed a bang trim so we went to the mall... This girl immediatley zeros in on my ring and grabs my hand. Usually I am flattered but she proceeds to ask if it's a smoky diamond... um what? I wear an L so it's defintely not white but smoky?! For real?! Then she spends the next half hour trying to convince me to have a 'real' wedding instead of elope. SO was just sitting over in the other chair getting his hair trimmed giggling. He thought it was funny. I finally left and told him I would meet him at the coffee shop in the mall. GRRRRR.. Insulting my diamond AND my wedding plans all in the same half hour? Youch.

No real updates here. Just trying to find clothes for out pictures. I am struggling because they say not to wear light colors or pastels but the two casual outfits I like are both pastel. I could see not wearing pastels next to a light backdrop but we will be amongst trees and water in the evening so to me it feels like they would pop. I did make an appointment to get my hair done for the pictures. I think I will do my own makeup and maybe practice this weekend for SO's sister's wedding. Now what to do with my nails... gel or regular polish? French or pale pink... eeeps!
How rude! WTF is smoky!? Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Don't let her discourage you. And uh, eloping is kind of awesome. Just saying. :praise:

For the pictures, I say wear what makes you feel beautiful. I love the sound of your pale pink shirt with his mint button down. I think it'll show up plenty well against the trees and things. Not to mention, SOOO many people actually wear white tops with jeans for engagement pictures, at least the pale pink has SOME hue!

I think getting your hair done will be nice! I enjoyed having mine done for the pictures. I opted to just get a regular polish manicure for the day and got it just a few hours before the pictures so they'd look great. I don't get manicures regularly and didn't want to spend the extra money for gels. I'll get the gel manicure for the wedding, of course, but saved a few bucks on the engagement pictures. My regular polish manicure (surprisingly) held up nearly a week. I was shocked because they never last that long on me.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AS-- How rude! Some people... :nono:

Ketubah -- The lady was horrified it had been damaged. She's contacting the calligrapher and getting a new one going plus arranging for a claim on the damage.

Insurance sucks. Short term disability denied FI's claim! Not enough "physical tests" to support the symptoms he is "supposedly" having :angryfire:
I'm working with the doctors to get them more "evidence". HR messed up and only sent a fraction of what they should have for vacation/sick time. The money we've been sticking in the 401k for retirement or emergency use can't be touched until we've actually missed mortgage payments and the bank is threatening foreclosure. So I'm also scrambling trying to access our emergency funds so that all of out bills keep getting paid. Apparently the IRS would rather you be in foreclosure than access your own money :rolleyes:

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1380574465|3529744 said:
Ketubah -- The lady was horrified it had been damaged. She's contacting the calligrapher and getting a new one going plus arranging for a claim on the damage.
Wonderful! So good to hear she's getting on sending a new one! Any problems with making the changes to the location?

TooPatient|1380574465|3529744 said:
Insurance sucks. Short term disability denied FI's claim! Not enough "physical tests" to support the symptoms he is "supposedly" having :angryfire:
I'm working with the doctors to get them more "evidence". HR messed up and only sent a fraction of what they should have for vacation/sick time. The money we've been sticking in the 401k for retirement or emergency use can't be touched until we've actually missed mortgage payments and the bank is threatening foreclosure. So I'm also scrambling trying to access our emergency funds so that all of out bills keep getting paid. Apparently the IRS would rather you be in foreclosure than access your own money :rolleyes:
Oh no! I feel like you just can't seem to catch a break! :(( sending positive thoughts that you can get this worked out and soon!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock

I had a ring moment yesterday with this gal that trimmed my bangs. SO wanted his hair cut but didnt want to pay my salon's price and I only needed a bang trim so we went to the mall... This girl immediatley zeros in on my ring and grabs my hand. Usually I am flattered but she proceeds to ask if it's a smoky diamond... um what? I wear an L so it's defintely not white but smoky?! For real?! Then she spends the next half hour trying to convince me to have a 'real' wedding instead of elope. SO was just sitting over in the other chair getting his hair trimmed giggling. He thought it was funny. I finally left and told him I would meet him at the coffee shop in the mall. GRRRRR.. Insulting my diamond AND my wedding plans all in the same half hour? Youch.!

Some people are so rude!!! I've had rude comments as well - I'm sure you've read my story on venting on something FI's friend said. Some people are idiots. Honestly. Your ring is gorgeous!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the getting lost in stupid stuff thread, maple! It's nice to see you around here! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
Six new sneaks posted! All in B&W.

885220_661345290564902_1825484733_o.jpg

1237305_661345237231574_437078409_o.jpg

1244232_661345317231566_899453016_o.jpg

1272133_661345270564904_1577197195_o.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
My two favorites from the new six! Holy cow I actually feel like I LOOK skinny in the last one here! I adore that photo.

1265724_661345273898237_1559308814_o.jpg

1277849_661345337231564_1971294311_o.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the last two!

Some good news today -- my grandparents will come to the dinner/reception! I didn't think they would come. That brings us to 9 for dinner (including us), 9 for brunch, and 7 for wine tasting.
The winery cut our contract a couple of months ago from 27 minimum to 14 minimum so all food/drink minimums are based on 14. They are putting together gift baskets for each room including a bottle of wine, winery logo glasses, corkscrew, chocolate truffles, and more. Also doing fruit/cheese/cracker trays in each room so people can have snack/lunch and not starve before 7pm dinner. Dinner swapped to beef. Have appetizers, soup, salad, main and cake/champagne. Brunch is off restaurant menu now.
All of our meals while we stay a couple of days count towards the minimum. With only 7, the wine tasting won't be included in minimums.

Still short $1000+ on the minimum. Looking for more stuff to add. Not critical. Any minimum we don't meet will just be loaded into our car in the form of cases of wine.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous photos Aud! I love the last one! You ARE skinny, girl! :bigsmile:

TP, So sorry you arent catching a break. Check with your 401k on a loan... some offer, some don't but that might be a better option. Medical bills also sometimes work for a hardship withdrawal if your SO has any of those outstanding. Crossing my fingers things get easier. $1000 in wine doesnt sound so bad... :naughty:

Thanks Maple! Nice to see you in here! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results