shape
carat
color
clarity

Future Three stone asscher project... can I pick your brain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to make my future three stone project with a colored center asscher gemstone so I''d like to pick your brain:

1. what gemstone would you pic for the center: think durability but also nice brillant stone - (I haven''t decide on a color yet, definitely not pink/violet (as I already have a pink/purple sapphire) (I''m pretty sure I want double claw prongs)
2. What sidestones would be most appealing? Traps or Bullets? (these will be diamonds)

And if you have any examples I would sure love to see them. Thank you!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oohh! Yum! What kind of budget?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 4:26:00 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Oohh! Yum! What kind of budget?
thanks bella. Not sure, I'm ok with spending more on the setting but as for Center stone, it really depends on the stone itself, Budget up to $1000 (max) but of course if we can keep it quite low
2.gif
all the better for the center. I thought about zircon? BUT if I was going to halo a zircon, then I would get it, however this won't have much protection so maybe not
40.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
1. Spessartite! Is that weird? I''ve seen a couple of beautiful yellowy-orange spessartite asschers/emeralds on Gemselect lately and I thought they were very unique and beautiful.

If not a spess, then an emerald! I love the classic look of emeralds, and their glow. With double claws and sidestones, and a little caution, I think it could become an heirloom piece.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 4:42:48 PM
Author: IndyLady
1. Spessartite! Is that weird? I''ve seen a couple of beautiful yellowy-orange spessartite asschers/emeralds on Gemselect lately and I thought they were very unique and beautiful.

If not a spess, then an emerald! I love the classic look of emeralds, and their glow. With double claws and sidestones, and a little caution, I think it could become an heirloom piece.
oooh I''m going to have to check out Gemselect... Thanks Indy...No, I don''t think a spessartite is weird at all, I welcome any and all suggestion, as I''m not set on a particular specimen yet. Emeralds
30.gif
although I haven''t seen many asscher cut emerald lately or maybe I''ve missed em''?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the spessartite asscher would look amazing. I really want an aqua asscher but need some spending money first.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love spessartite and the asschers look great.

I really want an aqua asscher, but that might be more delicate that what you are looking for.

I love my traps, but I think for an asscher I prefer bullets or tapered baguettes. It''s a close call though...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy Thank you for weighing in.... lets get your bling fund back up
2.gif
so we can seee some more new spaklies from you
3.gif

Bella- thanks for the honesty. I can't remember where I saw a picture of the bullets, and I actually REALLY love them, and to pair them with Asschers
18.gif
30.gif

ETA: just found the one with bullets

Well here is one three stone... Now where is REVOLUTION to do the photoshopping of the center for us colored stoner...lol

464x375.aspx

and now with Bullets
30.gif

faveleonascher.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) like I said...its a close call.
2.gif

I love them both, but I think on the hand (at least my short size seven fingers
20.gif
) the bullets look more elegant with the square asscher shape. But, I''ll be happily drooling over whichever one you pick b/c they are both gorgeous
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 5:47:38 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
:) like I said...its a close call.
2.gif

I love them both, but I think on the hand (at least my short size seven fingers
20.gif
) the bullets look more elegant with the square asscher shape. But, I'll be happily drooling over whichever one you pick b/c they are both gorgeous
3.gif
hehehee... I won't be getting this anytime soon... as I need to find the asscher colored stone first... But definitely before the year is over though it'll be probably my last big project anniversary gift for the next five years
39.gif
Told DH that this is the final jewelry splurge of the year already....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow what a fun project this will be!! Any colors you can think of that you''re more drawn to? I don''t know that I could pick b/tween those 2 rings..first I think one, then the other.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
My god, that second ring is glorious. I have no idea about traps/bullets, but I think a spess would be great, too. Oooh, or a reddish spinel, like MonkeyPie''s?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design from icemine. Maybe it would help to figure out what color you want first? I''m a sapphire gal but I think spinel comes in several colors, is decently hard, an 8 i believe and is more sparkly.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, heheee... those are some lovely examples huh?

Novel- WHERE??? oh my did I miss her red spinel thread shame on me
7.gif

SCG- yeah, I have a couple of spinel and they are nice and brillant. I don''t exactly know what I want....but I sure know its gonna be an ASSCHER - I have a pink tourmaline asscher....but Its on the medium color side, so I don''t quite see the step cut too well and its not as brillant as I was hoping for, however it is also bezel which I''m kinda torn on taking the bezel apart
6.gif

I''m working with Gary so we''ll also see what he comes up with
36.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
No, no, you didn''t miss it. Its older. Here, its below. It might be a little more red/purple than you like, but its a great example, I think! I guess kind of rhodolite colored, but probably more sparkly. I think a spinel in the red family, whichever end tickles your fancy
emwink.gif
would be amazing!

SPL013.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 7:44:09 PM
Author: Novel
No, no, you didn''t miss it. Its older. Here, its below. It might be a little more red/purple than you like, but its a great example, I think! I guess kind of rhodolite colored, but probably more sparkly. I think a spinel in the red family, whichever end tickles your fancy
emwink.gif
would be amazing!

SPL013.jpg
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
oooh goodness!!! I don''t know anymore...lol I''ll just wait to see what Gary has for me. Told him not to worry if it takes longer, Since it''ll probably be my only three stone anniversary ring project with colored stone. But still love your ideas so keep em'' coming
4.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Kellyfish has an diamond asscher with baguettes and bullets that I have always thought was very nice.

Stay away from overly dark stones in asscher cuts.

kellyfish asscher.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 8:25:27 PM
Author: Gailey
Kellyfish has an diamond asscher with baguettes and bullets that I have always thought was very nice.

Stay away from overly dark stones in asscher cuts.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Gailey!! that is gorgeous!!!! thank you! yeah, I am very much interested in lighter color maybe even on the pastel
37.gif
side

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say for sparkle, my garnets have been the best in terms of the asscher or mixed step cut. My grossular is out of the world and seriously gives my diamond a run for it''s money. My spessartite, although not a true asscher and more of a mixed cut, is also super sparkly and makes a major impact. I almost wish I''d gone 3 stone with that one, so I''d love to watch your progress on this project.

I don''t have an asscher spinel yet, but that''s the other recommendation I would have.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 9:19:59 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''d say for sparkle, my garnets have been the best in terms of the asscher or mixed step cut. My grossular is out of the world and seriously gives my diamond a run for it''s money. My spessartite, although not a true asscher and more of a mixed cut, is also super sparkly and makes a major impact. I almost wish I''d gone 3 stone with that one, so I''d love to watch your progress on this project.

I don''t have an asscher spinel yet, but that''s the other recommendation I would have.
Lauren, I was hoping you''d chimed in
4.gif
Thank you for your thoughts since I think of you as the colored asscher queen, and you have so many different species, Gary also said that Chrysoberyl would be good as well, hmmm I''m going to have to find your spessartite thread
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 9:28:31 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 1/23/2010 9:19:59 PM
I'd say for sparkle, my garnets have been the best in terms of the asscher or mixed step cut. My grossular is out of the world and seriously gives my diamond a run for it's money. My spessartite, although not a true asscher and more of a mixed cut, is also super sparkly and makes a major impact. I almost wish I'd gone 3 stone with that one, so I'd love to watch your progress on this project.

I don't have an asscher spinel yet, but that's the other recommendation I would have.
Lauren, I was hoping you'd chimed in
4.gif
Thank you for your thoughts since I think of you as the colored asscher queen, and you have so many different species, Gary also said that Chrysoberyl would be good as well, hmmm I'm going to have to find your spessartite thread
3.gif
LOL, D&T, Mochi totally caught up with me.
2.gif
See her chryso ring thread by whiteflash. Stunning!!!!!

Here is the spess set.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ajs-spessartite-is-set-a-few-pics.126181/

I really, REALLY need an asscher spinel.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lauren... That''s right I remember the delicious orange
18.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, D&T. It''s really lovely in person, and I wouldn''t hesitate to recommend a true asscher spessartite after seeing how my grossular behaves now that it''s set.
Do you think you''re leaning more toward orange or are you open to other colours? Have you checked to see if Gene has any appropriate rough available?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 9:53:35 PM
Thanks, D&T. It''s really lovely in person, and I wouldn''t hesitate to recommend a true asscher spessartite after seeing how my grossular behaves now that it''s set.
Do you think you''re leaning more toward orange or are you open to other colours? Have you checked to see if Gene has any appropriate rough available?
hmmm, I have not checked with Gene yet, although I''ve already been working with Gary since I''ve halted another project with him. But I''m actually pretty open to many colors, more on the lighter end of the spectrum though.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my 1.23 ct. asscher spinel from Jeff White.

Lori

lorijwasscher3.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my 2.38 ct. asscher peridot cut by Jeff White.

Lori

JEFFWPERIDOTASSCHER3.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my asscher peridot by Peter Torraca.

Lori

PETERPERIDOT2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my chrysoberyl asscher, set with traps.

BrianGavin_Yellow8_121509.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful project you have ahead of you!

Have you seen the asschers at Bespoke Gems? It seems he has light pastel color asschers!

Kismet, love your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results