shape
carat
color
clarity

First anniversary plans?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Since many PS weddings happen in the spring and summer, that means a lot of the Newlyweds are nearing the one year mark. What are you doing to celebrate?

ETA: For our Newlyweds past the 1 year mark, tell us what you did to celebrate!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are taking a cross country roadtrip!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We are moving, so getting from here to there is a necessity. However, instead of shipping the car with our things and just flying out, we are going to drive our car out over 10 days (still shipping our possessions). We are going to stop in Chicago, Minneapolis, the Black Hills, the Badlands, Yellowstone, and see every single bit of kitsch along the way.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were married on the 4th of July, so we threw a killer party for over 50 family and friends last year. It was awesome, and we plan on doing it for every anniversary.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
We are going on vacation to Europe! Yeah!!! Honeymoon #2!!!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Kauai for our belated honeymoon. It was GREAT!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
We just moved to a new state, so we are going to explore one of the bigger cities near us so we don''t have to spend hours in the car. I can''t wait!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
We went to a great resort restaurant (seasfood buffet!) back home wtih my parents and sister because we were there on vacation. We''ll be going home again on holiday this year over our anniversary - hoping to have another great meal with them :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are going away for the weekend for our first anniversary. We''re not sure where we''re going yet but it will be somewhere in Ireland. Cannot wait!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Our anniversary is not until September 4th, so I''m hoping to take the weekend and head somewhere within driving distance to spend a romantic weekend with the hubs. :) If we get closer and we''ve managed to save a bunch of moolah, maybe we''ll go somewhere NOT in driving distance!
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, it''s crazy DH and I are only 2 months from our 1 year anniversary! This past year has just flown by and I expect next year will too given the excitement of a little one entering into the picture.

We don''t have any plans yet and we most likely won''t do anything major. Perhaps dinner? We''re in major baby-saving mode so unless one of us wins big on a scratch ticket or gets an unexpected bonus/raise at the office there will not be any gifts.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
we will either be on vacation in California, though DH is not sure if he wants to travel out of Europe for a while with the whole Iceland volcanic eruptions, or like HH, if we are home we will probably just go out for dinner. no gifts, either.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are going to the Bahamas for our first anniversary! We can''t wait. We went there two years ago when I passed the bar, and we absolutely loved it.

We''ve been so insanely, ridiculously busy lately that I''m really looking forward to having him to myself for eight days. It is hard to spend time together when you both work at least 60 (and sometimes 70-80) hours a week. In addition, in the last couple weeks, we''ve moved, done major repairs on our new house, gone to an out-of-town ordination, been in an out-of-town wedding, worked on furnishing our new place, and my mom has had some major surgery. I''m really, really looking forward to slowing down a little.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No idea, we''ve only been married for 2 weeks as of today.
3.gif
9.gif

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
DH and I are going to Disney!!! We''re renewing our vows in front of the castle (long story), and then eating dinner IN the castle!!! Soooo excited!!! I''m like a little kid =o)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ours isn''t until Oct, but depending on budget and if we are pregnant yet or not, we''re planning on either a weekend at a BB in the Berkshires, or a weekend in Paris or Bermuda.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re going to the Montreal Jazz Festival. We go every year, but skipped last year to *ahem* attend our wedding
3.gif
. This year we debated doing an anniv vacation or going to the jazz festival, and the festival won by a landslide.

He did get me a 0.43 bezel diamond pendant from BGD as an anniv gift as well, which was nice but unnecessary.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
We''re planning on going on a trip the weekend before to pick up our puppy! :) So our actual anniversary weekend we''ll probably just relax at home. Maybe go out for a quick dinner.
1.gif
I do plan on getting a yummy anniversary cake from our cake lady. Love her cakes!
30.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
On our actual anniversary we both didn''t get home until pretty late at night, so we had a very low-key relaxed night watching our wedding video, looking at pictures, and eating the top layer of our wedding cake that had been frozen (ok, I barely tasted it and he had one bite - it was more for the tradition than anything else!
2.gif
) and we exchanged presents (a watch for him, a BGD diamond bangle for me). Two days later we got dressed up, went to dinner, and then went to a Broadway show (The Lion King). It was a lot of fun!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 4:48:54 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
We''re planning on going on a trip the weekend before to pick up our puppy! :) So our actual anniversary weekend we''ll probably just relax at home. Maybe go out for a quick dinner.
1.gif
I do plan on getting a yummy anniversary cake from our cake lady. Love her cakes!
30.gif
Ohh, a new puppy, how exciting!

As for me and my DH, our anniversary is in almost exactly 1 month. I am not sure what we are going to do yet, but I love the suggestions! We have a friend''s wedding the weekend of the anniv. in Vegas, but I don''t think DH wants to go. The next week we will be at the OBX with family for vaca. So, I don''t think we are going to do anything crazy. Probably just go out to dinner or something.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Katamari: which route are you taking? I drove 90 cross country, and had the best time! You will love it!

DH and I have a wedding to go to the weekend of our anniversary (not for 5 months) but I don''t know what we will do. I want to go away for the weekend, hopefully to a cute B&B or something either before or after, but it''ll be football season, so free weekends can be difficult to come across
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully a belated honeymoon. That depends on the job situation.

However our 4 year dating anniversary is on Wednesday and we''re going out to dinner on Thursday to celebrate...

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I can not beleive in 5 days we will be married for a YEAR! Aside from moving so fast, it really was an amazing year! Since it is also Mother''s Day, we invited the fam down to the shore to spend a long weekend. Hubby and I are going to sneak away for a bit to take a walk on the beach to celebrate our anniv. Just some special moments alone :) I think that''s something we''ll do every year for it!

Again...a year... crazy!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 8:40:20 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hopefully a belated honeymoon. That depends on the job situation.

Ditto this :)

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Well since our first child is due a week before our first anniversary I am guessing we will be home celebrating with our new addition! I couldn''t ask for a better way to Celebrate! My husband is already planning on ordering in Sushi since I can''t eat it for nine months!!! :)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You all have/had wonderful anniversaries! Trips, shows, parties, LOs, puppies! Everything sounds fabulous. Freke and Smurfy, I hope you get your honeymoons!

Charbie, we are going to take 90! It just seems like there is so much more to do on that route. Any suggestions or must-sees/must-do?

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to be revisiting the idea we initially had for our honeymoon. Some of you may remember that we planned to go to Reading Festival here in the UK as our honeymoon and actually booked the wedding date to correspond with that. We didn''t manage to get tickets so we tried again this year. We still could not get full weekend tickets but did get day tickets so we will be having a couple of days away and attending the festical on the Saturday! Our anniversay is August 26th.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Katamari: you obviously will need to stop at Wall Drug. In case you haven''t heard of it...trust me....you''ll be so tired of the signs for it. It is basically a huge tourist trap junk store, but something u just have to experience! Hmmm, what else? There is a lot of stuff you''ll just see on the side of the road and just want to stop and explore. I would also recommend not letting your gas tank get too close to empty...a sure sign you''ll run out of gas since gas stations come few and far between. We stopped at Mount Rushmore, which I enjoyed bc I figured I never would go again. The trip will go faster than you think. Its an easy drive, and sooooooo pretty. It really is amazing to see the subtle changes as you drive across different states. You and your DH will have the time of your lives!!

And no offense to any posters in Minnesota...but the whole freaking state just smelled like cow poop. You get used to it, but man, it was stinky!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, the plans that we initally had for our first anniversary had to change. We got married at a restaurant on the southern coast of Maine, and we had planned on going back every year to celebrate. Last summer, however, we had moved far away from the area, so we couldn''t follow through with our plan. We ended up going out to dinner in our new state but it wasn''t the same. We were bummed.

Now, one year later, we''re moving back to our home state, and we''re going to begin our tradtion! We''re beyond excited. In fact, I think we''re going to go to the restaurant where we had our RD for lunch that day, then we''ll spend the day at the beach and walking around the coastal towns (it''s tourist season, so it should be fun), and we''ll end the day at our wedding venue. We can''t wait!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
We will be in St. Thomas on our anniversary, since we are going on a cruise that week. I am excited that we will be able to visit the place we got married at in Bermuda just a few days shy of our one year anniversary!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So far we don''t have any plans. We are actually considering visiting my FILs family in Syracuse that weekend. Part of the reason we are doing it that weekend is because its one of the few open weekends we have left before we move. I''m not sure what we will do to recognize our day though. We better come up with something!

Date: 4/28/2010 9:58:56 PM
Author: katamari
DH and I are taking a cross country roadtrip!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We are moving, so getting from here to there is a necessity. However, instead of shipping the car with our things and just flying out, we are going to drive our car out over 10 days (still shipping our possessions). We are going to stop in Chicago, Minneapolis, the Black Hills, the Badlands, Yellowstone, and see every single bit of kitsch along the way.

Where are you moving to? That sounds like a similar path to what me and DH would do between here and CA. We are still debating driving or flying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results