shape
carat
color
clarity

Fedex just delivered my mazambique paraibas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about sending them off to Etsy artist extraordinaire Julia kay Taylor? But it might be too costly...

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly I want to put them in silver. I dont value gold enough to pay gold prices. I am perfectly content with silver, and actually like the antique look it gets when it tarnishes a little. Does he work with silver?

I have heard of Julia Kay Taylor....I may have to hold off setting them for a while till I can afford her. I would REALLY love to see it set how it is displayed...all in bezels *drools*.

I would wear something like that grocery shopping just because I could LOL.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy cow-beautiful stones and I''m dying to see who you have do it and how it turns out!

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
He is mostly a goldsmith. I work with another jeweler from time to time who is good with silver but I wouldn''t trust him with the stones. He has this nasty habit of chipping stones when he sets them. Sorry.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling it would cost a fortune to set all of those in one piece of jewelry, even in silver. It would also take a long time to make the piece.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/2/2010 11:56:00 PM
Author: Revolution
He is mostly a goldsmith. I work with another jeweler from time to time who is good with silver but I wouldn''t trust him with the stones. He has this nasty habit of chipping stones when he sets them. Sorry.
Ack....the word chipping makes me cringe!

TL- everyone I contact says about 1k in silver. So looks like I wait... *cry*

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should get a quote from Julia. Actually $1K isn''t that bad for all that work.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 12:15:16 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Maybe you should get a quote from Julia. Actually $1K isn''t that bad for all that work.

ditto, on both accounts.
contact julia - she would be more than capable of creating this for you. she may also be able to beat 1k - never know!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
You might try Sally at Heart of Water Jewels on Etsy as well, they do great work in silver.

Crystal keeper

Rough_Rock
Hey hugger..I really enjoy looking at your stones..keep the pics and purchases coming

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice arrangement of the stones. The stones look nice too. You''ve got the jewelry creation gene! Hope you can fund this project!
21.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Was FINALLY able to take pics that show the stones color well. The lights in my bedroom are perfect and I will be taking pics in there from now on!

PTOURM3kst.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So there ya go. I just figured out last night my house has those power saver bulb things, and they seem to make for horrible pics. My room is the only one left with 100w white bulbs. So yeay for good pics!

PTOURMks2.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 10:23:05 PM
Author: RockHugger
Honestly I want to put them in silver. I dont value gold enough to pay gold prices. I am perfectly content with silver, and actually like the antique look it gets when it tarnishes a little. Does he work with silver?

I have heard of Julia Kay Taylor....I may have to hold off setting them for a while till I can afford her. I would REALLY love to see it set how it is displayed...all in bezels *drools*.

I would wear something like that grocery shopping just because I could LOL.
The bulk of the cost will not be the metal but the time in fashioning and setting each piece.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 12:03:33 PM
Author: RockHugger
So there ya go. I just figured out last night my house has those power saver bulb things, and they seem to make for horrible pics. My room is the only one left with 100w white bulbs. So yeay for good pics!
You know...Sometimes I like what you buy, and sometimes I don't but you are clearly able to learn fast and you have this creative gene. Do metalsmith classes cost a lot? Because if you have time, you could take them and create your own jewelry. One-of-a kind! I like the way you arranged the stones. I do not think 1K is a lot of money for the work, it is time-consuming, but it may be a lot for you.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 2:46:56 AM
Author: mariedtiger
You might try Sally at Heart of Water Jewels on Etsy as well, they do great work in silver.
Ditto to this. Sally made a very intricate pendant for me (the one in my avatar). She is incredibly honest and even gave me money back when the project came in under budget! I can''t recommend her enough and she loves to do bespoke things so I''d drop her a line.

I love your design (the one in the box) - are the two sets to the right and left for earrings?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 12:16:32 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Ditto to this. Sally made a very intricate pendant for me (the one in my avatar). She is incredibly honest and even gave me money back when the project came in under budget! I can''t recommend her enough and she loves to do bespoke things so I''d drop her a line.

I love your design (the one in the box) - are the two sets to the right and left for earrings?
LD, is it MODERN?? I thought it was antique diamond brooch! Can you post a link?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I understand the cost is the labor in this type of design. I know I would charge up the wazoo too for the amount if time it will take.

Yes, the ones on the sides are 'earrings'. Im not planning on making any right now, and if I did they will prolly be more danglie. But there wasnt enough room to put the danglies on the sides, so I put those there and the rest of the stones above the necklace.

LD, I will contact her and find out!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 12:19:12 PM
Author: crasru

Date: 2/3/2010 12:16:32 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

LD, is it MODERN?? I thought it was antique diamond brooch! Can you post a link?
Yes modern and a pendant. I don''t wear brooches. I designed it from a pendant that I''d seen elsewhere and Sally brought it to life. It has a central natural pink diamond bezelled in rose gold and then open leaves with diamonds inside each of them.

Here''s a link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/exceeded-all-my-expectations-and-then-some.118098/

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mda-a...I suppose it is too late to say "Oh my God", because everything that can be said has been already used by the PS-ers. (Even God Save the Queen has been used at least 3 times). Don''t you have another version of it in CC garnets as well?

I am seriously considering using Sally after I saw some of her works on ETSY. Some people have mentioned difficulties with mailing stones to Thailand - I don''t know how to bypass it but I suspect they can be FEDEXED? She seems to be really interesting designer-wise.

As to you...What a wealth of ideas and taste!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockHugger/Crasru - whatever you do, DO NOT use FEDEX or any other courier company to send gems to Thailand. My understanding from Sally is that the receipient gets hit with huge amount of taxes - that''s if the parcel gets there. What you do is send it by normal registered mail making sure that it doesn''t look like gemstones at all. A nice flatish envelope with no gem box but tons of bubble wrap to protect the stones is the best thing. You need to make it "look" uninteresting. Unfortunately many things go missing also so it''s best to do this.

You also need to mark the envelope as "synthetic samples" or something like that. I''ve just put "glass" on a couple of occasions. The declared value for customs purposes should also be $10 or something like that. Now in the UK it''s ok because you can insure the parcel for whatever you want but then it doesn''t have to be the same as the customs documentation. I don''t know what happens in the US though.

Hope that helps.

p.s. no Crasru I don''t have the same pendant in cc garnets.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is one that you featured, changing from champagne in daylight to pink in incandescent. Looks similar to this one.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 7:43:45 PM
Author: crasru
There is one that you featured, changing from champagne in daylight to pink in incandescent. Looks similar to this one.
That's a ring and a flower shape made up of marquise cuts?????? Nothing like the pendant. I wonder if you're confusing it with Gypsy's awesome snowflake pendant? She had that made with diamonds but then was thinking of having coloured gemstones. There's sometimes a picture of it at the top of the forum.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pendant-cads-are-here.114084/

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I think what happened is that pictures in the avatar are small and I do not see the details quite well. So I thought your pendant was an antique brooch and then I thought the other item (a ring) was a replica of the same brooch made with garnets. I understand my mistake now, but the garnets are very nice, too, and very well-matched.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results