shape
carat
color
clarity

Fedex just delivered my mazambique paraibas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here they are. They actually weigh 70cts, not 50 like the listing said. The seller tossed in a couple 1cts for free as well.

The blues and greens are VERY bright! There are a few mind blowing pinks and purples as well (although they arnt my fav colors).
They also came with the super cool box!

I will scope some of my favorites and post some closer pics!

ETA: EEEk, typo. Mozambique :razz:.

paraibasksps1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking forward to hearing what you think of them after you scope them. Wow, 70 carats!!
23.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
They look so pretty all together! Yes please post some more pics.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of them are very bright. I know you are thinking of a nice piece of jewelry. How about a bracelet from the blue ones?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oooohhh!!! can''t wait to see what you do with them!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i give free medical advice in exchange for neon glow cuprians.....
31.gif

dr rosetta, MD

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Oooh they look so nice all together! I look forward to more pictures
1.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am actually making them into a necklace. All of the colors will be used.

Any left overs will prolly be put you know where for sale to help pay for the project. Prolly for real cheap too $10 or something per stone. Not sure yet till I know.
I will be going through them today to figure out what ones I want in the necklace. I have a jeweler waiting for pics of the stones I will be using.
As for close up pics, I cant get my scope to take good pics of them. They look dull and lifeless flooded with the LED light. The neon hot pinks look depressing, and the blues look grey. I will post the pics I am sending to the jeweler though soon!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 11:49:53 AM
Author: RockHugger
I am actually making them into a necklace. All of the colors will be used.

Any left overs will prolly be put you know where for sale to help pay for the project. Prolly for real cheap too $10 or something per stone. Not sure yet till I know.
I will be going through them today to figure out what ones I want in the necklace. I have a jeweler waiting for pics of the stones I will be using.
As for close up pics, I cant get my scope to take good pics of them. They look dull and lifeless flooded with the LED light. The neon hot pinks look depressing, and the blues look grey. I will post the pics I am sending to the jeweler though soon!!!
er no, where??

got a pic of your necklace design? it bet it''ll look stunning!!

3.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Rockie, I about hugged my monitor, so prettyprettypretty!

Cannot wait to see a design for these.

Outstanding score.

Would you share your vendor on these?

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congrats on the great buy. Should be a beautiful necklace with these babies

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
pic I sent to jeweler

jeweler9.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the top row, the 9th and 10th from the left, look kind of neon. I would have some of them more closely checked out.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
what do u mean?
Date: 2/2/2010 3:05:35 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
In the top row, the 9th and 10th from the left, look kind of neon. I would have some of them more closely checked out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 3:11:54 PM
what do u mean?

Well, if they turn out to be more neon stones out of the bunch, especially after you confirmed they''re true tourmalines, then maybe you might want to do something special with just those two (make a ring, pendant). They do stick out from the rest of the stones from your picture.

How do they look in person, are there any that just stick out from the bunch as being much more neon?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/2/2010 3:16:11 PM

what do u mean?

Well, if they turn out to be more neon stones out of the bunch, especially after you confirmed they''re true tourmalines, then maybe you might want to do something special with just those two (make a ring, pendant). They do stick out from the rest of the stones from your picture.

How do they look in person, are there any that just stick out from the bunch as being much more neon?
I have confirmed they are true tourmalines. I RI and BF tested them. Too high of a BF to be apatite. There are a few that just POP from the rest. Expecially in the blue color. There are also a couple that pop in the blue greens. One has an eye visable inclusion, and I was going to toss it in my ''reject''gem box, but I just cant because the color is too pretty. The pinks have a couple also that just go bling.

I am not a huge fan of the purple though. Thank goodness there arnt many of those. I am actually thinking of sending them off somewhere to get heated. A couple of them are the perfect purple to make the neon blue.

The pics dont do them justice. They are very very bright stones. I just cant get a good pic on my camera or my scope that captures the colors right.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a pretty stone! I have looked at her other stones as well and they dont look that great. Nothing that makes me NEED it. She deff doesnt retouch. My stones are exactly as described and shown in the pictures.

I will take a pic of my new box design. I have been playing with them all day trying to do the best box design LOL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 3:50:22 PM

Date: 2/2/2010 3:16:11 PM

what do u mean?

I have confirmed they are true tourmalines. I RI and BF tested them. Too high of a BF to be apatite. There are a few that just POP from the rest. Expecially in the blue color. There are also a couple that pop in the blue greens. One has an eye visable inclusion, and I was going to toss it in my ''reject''gem box, but I just cant because the color is too pretty. The pinks have a couple also that just go bling.

I am not a huge fan of the purple though. Thank goodness there arnt many of those. I am actually thinking of sending them off somewhere to get heated. A couple of them are the perfect purple to make the neon blue.

The pics dont do them justice. They are very very bright stones. I just cant get a good pic on my camera or my scope that captures the colors right.
RH,
That''s cool!! Congratulations then! Can you get some closeups on the nicer neon stones in the bunch. I''m always up for looking at a nice cuprian/paraiba.
9.gif
Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a lot of stones! I hope the labour cost in trying to set them all in a necklace will not be too cost prohibitive.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 3:55:06 PM
That is a pretty stone! I have looked at her other stones as well and they dont look that great. Nothing that makes me NEED it. She deff doesnt retouch. My stones are exactly as described and shown in the pictures.

I will take a pic of my new box design. I have been playing with them all day trying to do the best box design LOL.
Thank you RH,
Remember my recut round cuprian? That's a GIT memo's stone from her as well. A recut can make an enormous difference sometimes!! It looks NOTHING like her original pictures.

Here's the back of that stone, her vendor photo. This would be an amazing candidate for a concave cut, but I left it as is.

TL7ctcuprianback.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous!
18.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stones and great necklace design.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is there final home box design.

Been playing around with them all day, and finally figured one out that worked and didnt shift the stones when the box was moved :D. I would like the necklace to look like it does in the box...but noone will do it!! Everyone says its too much work :(.

ptourmalineset.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
What fun great stones! I also can''t believe you have the patience and the motor skills for that last design...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful tourmalines! Indian jewelery is styled similarly. I am sure of a few in the States that take custom orders, but they are pricey as well. I''d be happy to share if you''re interested though.

Are the sizes anything near calibrated? I know that Stuller has premade "links" available that might easy to put together. link to Stuller

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I havnt checked for calibration yet. I doubt they are but I am not sure if there are any close to calibrated.
I would like the names of your custom jewelers. I really love the look of indian jewelery and have some hanging around my house (I use the pendants and necklaces as wall decor). I think this design would look amazing....just noone wants to do it :(.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Malani Jewelers has stunning and intricate designs, and some of the most beautiful craftsmanship I have ever seen. One of my friends has a multi-gem encrusted set of bangles from Malani Jewelers, similar to this bangle but not exactly like it. Their store has a much wider selection than their website. Apart from them, I know of jewelers in New York, LA, Houston, and Atlanta, but they aren''t tech savvy and don''t have websites.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 5:49:26 PM

Been playing around with them all day, and finally figured one out that worked and didnt shift the stones when the box was moved :D. I would like the necklace to look like it does in the box...but noone will do it!! Everyone says its too much work :(.
Wow, what a creative design. Even if the purples are not that great, I think the compilation of the gems as a whole is very pretty. Now you have to learn how to be a benchperson to add to your skills.
34.gif
9.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/2/2010 7:49:07 PM

Date: 2/2/2010 5:49:26 PM

Wow, what a creative design. Even if the purples are not that great, I think the compilation of the gems as a whole is very pretty. Now you have to learn how to be a benchperson to add to your skills.
34.gif
9.gif
I have actually thought about it LOL. Save me money in the long run!

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Rock, what is your budget for the project? There is a jeweler in my town that is just an outstanding goldsmith. He isn''t cheap but I''ll bet he would take the job. His workmanship is excellent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results