shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Pieces Under $500

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kismet: love the chryso! Looks like a very neat cut, too.

Motownmama: yummy yellow gold! Awesome stuff.

CharmedOne: aw, thank you for looking! I think I'll wait a bit for now, save up so I can get something a bit bigger (around 1ct). I doubt I'll find another deal like yours! And def not during this holiday rush, ebay seems busy! But if you do come across something awesome... post it in my "ebay finds" thread in Antique and Vintage? I hang around there a bunch. And congrats again on your awesome find! Almost a carat, wow!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
GemFever, you are so welcome :) Nothing good yet but I've been a bit under the weather. I will definitely keep a look out.

I bought another "Diamond ring" on eBay. The picture was horrible and blurry but the starting bid was only $100. I messaged the seller and asked it they were real diamonds and they finally answered back with 30 mins left. I thought it was an anniversary band from the picture but I was wrong. It kinda looks like an ering. I soaked it for 3 days because it was caked with well, everything. It's really a cute little sparkler but its not really my style and its a size 9. But not too bad for $100. I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with it.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356063468.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356063501.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356063559.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
You've got some amazing skills CharmedOne!
Kismet- those rings turned out really pretty!

I've got another favorite to add here. Diamond pendant and earrings I got off DB (from PS members).

pendantear.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bastecat! I love those earrings. Nice buy!

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1354732879|3323285 said:
oh my you guys have great taste!

I was wondering the same thing. Would love to know.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1354732879|3323285 said:
oh my you guys have great taste!

I was wondering the same thing. Would love to know. Oops wrong quote.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I was gonna sell the ring but after sending my sister the photos, I changed my mind. We just got close in the last couple of years and I had no idea she had never owned a diamond before. She really loved the ring, so I decided to give it to her. She lives in a pretty bad neighborhood and probably will never wear it outside her apartment but she was so happy, she cried. I am not an emotional person at all, so I didn't know what to say to her. I sent it priority so she could have it for Christmas. I am really happy that I could do something like that for her.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne|1356328241|3338923 said:
I was gonna sell the ring but after sending my sister the photos, I changed my mind. We just got close in the last couple of years and I had no idea she had never owned a diamond before. She really loved the ring, so I decided to give it to her. She lives in a pretty bad neighborhood and probably will never wear it outside her apartment but she was so happy, she cried. I am not an emotional person at all, so I didn't know what to say to her. I sent it priority so she could have it for Christmas. I am really happy that I could do something like that for her.

That was a really kind thing to do for her and a lovely present.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bastetcat, It really is great to have her in my life again.

advokait

Rough_Rock
bastetcat|1356133892|3337690 said:

I've got another favorite to add here. Diamond pendant and earrings I got off DB (from PS members).

pendantear.jpg

Those earrings are SOOOO cute, where are they from originally?

CharmedOne, that is so sweet of you! I'm glad you were able to do something like that for her that could make her so happy!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Resurrecting this thread because I just got a new ring during Ruby Lane's Red Tag Sale. It's an Edwardian 0.20 ct Belcher ring in 14K gold.

Here's the link to the item: [URL='/user']/user[/URL]

And here's how it looks like in real life:
2013-01-16_18_2.jpg

The ring cost $215 after the sale and I paid $230 including shipping and insurance. It's a very tiny diamond but I like the setting and the fact that it's an antique.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1358389010|3357462 said:
Resurrecting this thread because I just got a new ring during Ruby Lane's Red Tag Sale. It's an Edwardian 0.20 ct Belcher ring in 14K gold.

Here's the link to the item: [URL='/user']/user[/URL]

And here's how it looks like in real life:
2013-01-16_18_2.jpg

The ring cost $215 after the sale and I paid $230 including shipping and insurance. It's a very tiny diamond but I like the setting and the fact that it's an antique.

Great deal!!! Also, your nails are electric! I like! What color is it?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1358389441|3357469 said:
Great deal!!! Also, your nails are electric! I like! What color is it?

China Glaze's Frostbite. I painted them blue hoping for a Seahawks victory against the Falcons this past Sunday. No luck. :(

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
advokait|1356394764|3339327 said:
bastetcat|1356133892|3337690 said:

pendantear.jpg

Those earrings are SOOOO cute, where are they from originally?

CharmedOne, that is so sweet of you! I'm glad you were able to do something like that for her that could make her so happy!

Oops- I'm sorry Advokait! I didn't see this until I looked in this thread again. I don't know much about the earrings as I got them secondhand. I took them to my jeweler(s) and one said the stones were 4pters and the other said 4 or 5 but it is all mixed (and he is a jewelry designer so I tend to trust his judgement) and they are 14K gold and that is all I know. One day, when I get earring studs and jackets, I'll probably sell them, but I am enjoying them greatly right now. :)

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I'm late to respond too. Thank you ladies ;-)

I will be back to add more once my recent eBay purchases arrive.

Sortmon, That color is electric. Polish looks so much better on everybody else, plus my nails grow all wild now. They curl up and look weird. So I just don't put any polish on anymore.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top and bottom pendants here (garnet and apatite):

apatite2.jpg

And pictured individually:

img_2282.jpg

apatite1.jpg

This ring (barely, at $500 even):

img_2337.jpg

This ring:

img_1882.jpg

Made by me:

IMG_1291.jpg

img_1289.jpg

I have tons more but these were just what I have pics of that get worn a lot (well the apatite pendant arrived today, so it's just my new shiny). I have a lot of sterling silver stuff, especially with turquoise, lapis, and larimar. I do love me some blue pretties. I also have a lot of nice gemstone earrings from various places, especially Yvonne Raley on Etsy, that I haven't photographed yet.
Omg. How did my pic end up in your thread:shock: and 5 years before I actually owned those rings!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results