shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!!! Cushion Cut w/Vera Wang Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! WOW!WOW!

What an amazing ring. The setting is so delicate and perfect, I think that is why everyone is focusing on it. I have never seen a ring that unique (if I had maybe I wouldve got a diamond after all!) The little diamonds on top are wonderful. And it is so substantial, it looks twice its size. I wasnt sure if it was because the setting is so delicate or because of the stats on the ring.....Probably both.

Wear it in health and happiness! He did good:)

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Albi!!!!
36.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gone for a couple of days and look what happens! Congratulations!
36.gif

To echo everyone else''s feelings -- your ring is gorgeous! It looks just perfect on your hand! You have lovely long fingers and that delicate setting just is perfect on it -- probably why everyone is focusing on the setting!
2.gif

I have never seen a cushion cut in person but it looks like yours is such a nice shape, and I agree, that it looks better than a squarish one may have looked.

Wear it in health and happiness!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! I absolutely adore your ring! Your rectangular cushion is amazing & looks so much bigger than 1.08ct! I would''ve guessed 1.5-2cts for that honker! The VW setting compliments it perfectly--so delicate, sparkly & unique!

Congrats again on your engagement!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That is one of the daintiest, most delicate rings I''ve evern seen! (except for that beautiful center stone, which just looks HUGE!) Congratulations on your engagement!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I cannot express how happy it makes me to read all your comments!!!! Thank you so much everyone!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I was out a couple days for the NYC transit strike 2 weeks ago, then on vacation last week, so I have SOOOO much to catch up on today, plus the package with my (expensive) Christmas present for my fiance got lost, so it is soooooo nice to get to come check up on all the new replies and read all the lovely things you have to say! It really means so much to me, thank you!!!!!
9.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous ring....congrats!

I''ve never seen a Vera Wang setting before, it''s so danity and pretty! I agree with everyone else - how can your stone be 1.08? It looks huge!

Now all you have to do is get the Vera Wang dress and you''re all set!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous setting and you also have beautiful hands as well.
Congrats!!!

momof3crazykids

Rough_Rock
So pretty. I love cushions. That is a perfect setting to with that beautiful cushion. Congrats!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I am completely in LOVE with your ring. Congratulations!!

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
It is a very beautiful ring and your hands are so lovely, too! Congrats!!
1.gif

june48

Rough_Rock
That''s gorgeous! May I ask the width of the band?

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Congratulations. You are one lucky gal
2.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon!! It''s absolutely heavenly!
41.gif
Best wishes!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Albi, I am jumping out of my seat for you! And I ALMOST never do that! Your ring..is the stuff dreams are made of! I wonder if they make a setting for pears? I''m in loooove with your setting!!! I''m actually going to the jeweler on thursday, I may have to print out your ring to show him! It is beyooond gorgeous!! I adore it! Congratulations!

It really does look HUUUUUUUGE! I''m jealous! I wish my fingers were as tiny as your''s so my diamond could look THAT big!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks everyone!!!

June - I''m not sure exactly what the width of the band is (my fiance (!) doesn''t ask questions like that apparently
20.gif
) but from my holding it up to a ruler I would guess it was something like 1.3mm? I''m 99% sure it''s less than 2mm because this setting seems to be one of the examples people use for one of few jewelers who is willing to go below 2mm with pave. Plus, my ruler estimate can''t be that off!

CFemme - I''m not sure if they''ll do pears in this setting, but the only thing I''d ever seen in it before mine was a round, and they were willing to adapt it for my cushion! My fiance said his impression was that they would be willing to put "virtually any type" of stone in it, but who knows if that includes pears too....but good luck! I cannot recommend this setting highly enough!!!!

And for all those skeptics who doubted that a less than 2mm band would be feasible, I just want to say that (so far at least, fingers crossed) this thing seems rock solid and incredibly sturdy. It doesn''t even seem that delicate to me anymore because the pave is so solidly in there, and I''ve already thwacked it pretty hard several times. My initial fear that I might have a dreaded lost-melee incident has 99% diminished after living with the ring for a bit!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Omigosh, it''s just dainty, blingy, YUMMYNESS!!!!!!! SO happy to see some "real" pics of a Vera Wang--you''re one of the only PSers, I think!! I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! HOORAY!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE all the pictures! The delicate setting looks GREAT on your hands! Congratulations!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous. I love the setting. The thin band makes that diamond look way bigger than 1 carat!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I was waiting for this news!! I have been gone for a while, but am so glad to hear that you got engaged!! Your ring is just stunning, and looks well over 1 carat! Congrats again... off to LIW to read the story...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
9.gif

I think it''s about time I take some NEW pictures to post...
3.gif
...my cushion doesn''t look nearly sparkly enough in any of these!!
9.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only every seen Vera Wang in the case and they are dainty and beautiful. Your ring looks fabulous! Congratulations!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
So my fiance left a couple of hours ago to go to Atlantic City for a bachelor party. So....what''s the first thing I do when I have the apartment to myself? Why wash my ring and take more pictures of it of course!
9.gif

For your viewing pleasure:
9.gif

lfaz32.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
First we have some more hand shots.

lfaz28.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I still haven''t quite perfected my photo taking...

lfaz29.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
This one''s really blurry but I love the colors of the sparkles!

lfaz30.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Now some on the table!

lfaz31.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I think this is one of the best ones...

lfaz33.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Siiigh, I love it so much.
9.gif

lfaz34.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Since Albi was in crazy running around mood and I couldn''t get any pictures with HER, I figured I''d take some with her favorite toy!

lfaz35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results