shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!!! Cushion Cut w/Vera Wang Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Lovely story and beautiful ring!!! I love it love it loooove it!.. Albi, I was just at the Michael C. Fina store last week and drooled over this ring as well as their emerald set east-west engagement ring... gorgeous. Congratulations, you look so happy!!
36.gif

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to double post, but did I miss the specs?

I looked in your other post too but couldn''t find them.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - the ring does look HUGE on you, and so pretty!!

I also wanted to say that I also have an Albi jr. lookalike:

47b5da24b3127cce915c4bdea9a300000016108AZNGLlyzYuB

We told her and her sister they would be legitimate when we got engaged too!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I have read some of your posts on LIW so I know how hard the wait was. Congratulations. Your ring is beautiful!
30.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
1.08?!?! Are you sure? That just doesn''t seem right because that baby looks so utterly huuuugggggeeee and gorgeous on your finger. That Vera Wang setting is just so perfect to go with it. Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s so amazing.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
What can I say other than: IT''S GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations FORMER LIW, albicocca. Enjoy this time.

shay

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooooh congrats albi!!!!!! what a gorgeous ring... I love those thin shanks on the vera wangs... how exciting!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Incredible ring. And only 1.06? Really? It looks HUGE!!!!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I can''t believe how huge that stone looks on you, and the setting is so delicate and lovely.
30.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
That''s one gorgeous bling! Congrats!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Albi! I love that ring, the setting is beautiful. And what a cute story and couple you two are! I especially love the pictures where Albi Jr. is wearing the ring.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Albiocca! The diamond is beautiful and it looks way bigger than a carat! The ring looks lovely on you, I really like the diamonds on the prongs.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, so delicate and dainty! and I am always a sucker for cushions.. beautiful! congrats
36.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I was wowed by the Vera Wang''s at MC Fina as well, we don''t see many here on PS and I''m sure you''ll start a trend now that others know they will set loose diamonds.

I love the details of your ring and how delicate it is. Congrats on your engagement and wear it in wonderful health!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy thanks everyone!!!!

AmberGretchen - your cat DOES look a lot like Albi! That''s so funny that you told your cats they were going to be legitimate too!
1.gif

As for specs - I just got my FIANCE to let me see the GIA report! Here we go...

Shape & Cutting Style: Cushion Brilliant
Measurements: 7.27 x 6.08 x 3.37 mm
Weight: 1.08 carat
Depth: 55.4%
Table: 66%
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: Medium
Polish: Very good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: E
Fluorescence: None

And looking back at everyone''s comments, I notice the emphasis seems to be on the setting! Which of course I ADORE, but I hope that doesn''t mean my photos don''t show off my cushion enough!!! It is THE MOST sparkly gorgeous thing I''ve ever seen, and I spend about 90% of my time admiring the ring on the center stone, not the setting, so I hope people don''t neglect it too much!
3.gif
And I could not be happier with my choice to get a cushion, I really think the facet pattern is the most beautiful thing EVERRRR!!!!
9.gif
I''m also glad he went rectangular as opposed to square. Can''t quite explain why, but I just like it better!
9.gif

But thanks again for all your comments everyone!!! I keep checking compulsively to see if anyone''s written anything new.
4.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is gorgeous. The stone looks MUCH bigger than 1.08 cts. And it''s great to see one of those Vera Wang settings in *person.* Lucky girl!!!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
How dreamy and lovely...fantastic! Congratulations!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
GASP!
Congratulations!

Scintillating...

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Lovely story!

Your ring is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful. LOVE it!
30.gif
36.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely LOVE your stone and the setting! Congratulations. Loved the proposal story too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2006 6:34:00 PM
Author: albicocca

Shape & Cutting Style: Cushion Brilliant
Measurements: 7.27 x 6.08 x 3.37 mm
Weight: 1.08 carat
Hei! No wonder it looks larger than 1 carat on your hand... it is way larger than the majority of 1 carat cushions (=deep cut, below 6mm diameter!). That is quite some difference. And the depth is just enough to keep it brilliant. Good for you!
36.gif

Starting today, you could start to call it 1.5 cts
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats albi! No longer a LIW and that ring is BEAUTIFUL! Bet it was worth the wait!
Congrats again!!!
36.gif
Love the Micropave band and the cushion is HUGE!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!
3.gif

It sure looks bigger than 1 carat!
2.gif

I love the way the thin band makes your cushion POP!
36.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Albicocca,

Congratulations!!!! It''s soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful and it looks HUGE on your hand!

I can''t believe how thin those Vera Wang settings are. I thought my setting was ultra-thin, but mine looks like it''s on steroids in comparison!

You & your fiance look so cute in the pictures!

Good luck with everything!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! congrats albicocca!
36.gif
it''s a beauty!
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since there aren't many around...

... quick note abut Vera Wang rings: see some more HERE since the original website in not tremendously revealing.

12668.jpg
12671.jpg

Barely half carat, but lots and lots of diamonds in it! Re. the pave band in this seven-band stack:
How about the wedding band?
5.gif

The entire collection uses lots of this 'diamond thread'. Quite unusual. And surely striking!
37.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Albi! What a beautiful ring. It does look huge...maybe it''s really a 1.80 instead of a 1.08
emwink.gif

In any case, it''s a gorgeous stone showcased by the perfect setting. I love Vera Wang settings!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh Albi, I am so happy for you! And that ring- WOWEE. The only thing that would make that ring have more bling would be pave diamonds ON the stone itself- ye-gads! Goodness girl, that ring is stunning, and it does look so huge on your finger (which gives me hope- I''m a 6.5!). You''re making me reconsider my urge for rounds, cushions are brilliant! Congrats, and I''m so happy for you!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results