shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s upgrade -- 1.66ct J VS1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 8:31:42 PM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 5/18/2010 8:22:15 PM
Author: gardengloves

Dreamer, but what about the sparkle factor of your eternity? Sure they can look like little white circles stationary, but they also pick up light and add sparkle like crazy with every movement of your hand and movement into different light conditions. I personally love the contrast and the rich medley of different diamond colors sparkling. From the photos, yours looks wonderful with the new stone.

I also have a J stone, which I am going to reset into a halo and I am going to see if it is possible to do the halo in H/I, just for that fantastic contrast. To me, the contrast adds a richness and depth of color.
That''s what I wanted to say but didn''t, especially because they are all Brian''s signature ideal cut diamonds. And it''s quite common and ''customary'' to keep within two color grades of a difference in halos and matching bands from the center stone. dd, you must be extremely color sensitive!
Yes, you are both right, the small diamonds do have lots of life and sparkle and scintillation. But the dominant color is white light return. Here is a photo that I think helps to illustrate the point I am making, at its most extreme. Both diamonds looks beautiful in thise photo -- in fact my J looks like it was painted or something
30.gif
-- but together I don''t know how I feel about it!

And look, I am not complaining here, just getting used to something new I guess
4.gif

dreamer_bigJcolors2x.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
weird re the v.2 attachment thing...

you should not feel negative about this stone at all....it is amazing!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 8:27:30 PM
Author: tanj
Wowwwser Dream...now I see why you picked out such a beautiful diamond for me.I love your ring.I love your time line and looking at the previous rings as well.Sounds like me with handbags.I''ve now gone from one expensive thing to the next now diamonds are in the mix.DH just has accepted he''s in trouble.I remember my first engagement ring looked like something outta a crackerjack box,lol.Also what a coincidence.We are stationed in WA state just below Tacoma.I love Seattle.Enjoy your beauty you give me something to look forward to.Also Happy belated Annv.

Our 7yr was 4/12/10,my bday was 5/8/10 with mother''s day 5/9/10 so my upgrade suppose to had happened weeks ago,lol.

Tan
27.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Thing and Katie!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 9:49:14 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
weird re the v.2 attachment thing...

you should not feel negative about this stone at all....it is amazing!!!!!
I know, did you see this picture?? Cra-zy! I lightened it here... I don''t feel negative at all about this diamond. I love it.

dreamer_bigJcolors2avi.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another collage that shows the way that the big diamond can look so different from the smaller diamonds, depending on the lighting.

dreamer_bigJcolors.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love the diamond, it is a beauty, and the setting suits it really well. I am glad you found a stone you love, and it looks great on your hand.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 9:48:57 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Date: 5/18/2010 8:31:42 PM

Author: gemgirl

Date: 5/18/2010 8:22:15 PM

Dreamer, but what about the sparkle factor of your eternity? Sure they can look like little white circles stationary, but they also pick up light and add sparkle like crazy with every movement of your hand and movement into different light conditions. I personally love the contrast and the rich medley of different diamond colors sparkling. From the photos, yours looks wonderful with the new stone.

I also have a J stone, which I am going to reset into a halo and I am going to see if it is possible to do the halo in H/I, just for that fantastic contrast. To me, the contrast adds a richness and depth of color.

That's what I wanted to say but didn't, especially because they are all Brian's signature ideal cut diamonds. And it's quite common and 'customary' to keep within two color grades of a difference in halos and matching bands from the center stone. dd, you must be extremely color sensitive!

Yes, you are both right, the small diamonds do have lots of life and sparkle and scintillation. But the dominant color is white light return. Here is a photo that I think helps to illustrate the point I am making, at its most extreme. Both diamonds looks beautiful in thise photo -- in fact my J looks like it was painted or something
30.gif
-- but together I don't know how I feel about it!

And look, I am not complaining here, just getting used to something new I guess
4.gif

OMG- what a photo!

just saying...- totally gorgeous, but I love just that sort of contrast. That J is spectacular... totally, utterly, spectacular!

And you know what, I also love the scale ( width) of your eternity with the big center stone,the delicacy enhances it- perfection!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Dreamer, I love the photos with your band. I love J diamonds! There is something so special about them. It is like the slight tint in the diamond does something special to the light when it goes through it.
Seeing yours, is making me wish I had my J stone back!!! It is breathtakingly beautiful. I love your solitaire as well, I, too, love a substantial band. Everything about it is yummy.

I am so glad that you feel at peace with it too. That is something that is priceless. To look down and just feel the joy of looking at it, and not wondering when you can get a little bigger or just different.

It''s gorgeous, wear it in the best of health. Oh and by the way, I don''t think I will ever get tired of seeing pictures of it!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love it! The set is perfection!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ltl and Stepcutgirl! I can''t wait to see both of your new rings soon!
36.gif

Date: 5/18/2010 10:01:35 PM

OMG- what a photo!

just saying...- totally gorgeous, but I love just that sort of contrast. That J is spectacular... totally, utterly, spectacular!

And you know what, I also love the scale ( width) of your eternity with the big center stone,the delicacy enhances it- perfection!
I also like the propotions of my wb with the diamond. I bought it knowing I would get a larger diamond one day
27.gif
They are 5 pointers and go perfectly in my opinion, not upstaging at all. With a 1.2ct I would probably have opted for 3 pointers.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 10:11:02 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Wow, Dreamer, I love the photos with your band. I love J diamonds! There is something so special about them. It is like the slight tint in the diamond does something special to the light when it goes through it.
Seeing yours, is making me wish I had my J stone back!!! It is breathtakingly beautiful. I love your solitaire as well, I, too, love a substantial band. Everything about it is yummy.

I am so glad that you feel at peace with it too. That is something that is priceless. To look down and just feel the joy of looking at it, and not wondering when you can get a little bigger or just different.

It''s gorgeous, wear it in the best of health. Oh and by the way, I don''t think I will ever get tired of seeing pictures of it!
Does your I not have a sililar personality? I would have thought it would be so close! You have never posted pictures of your I, naughty lady.

And it is wonderful to look at my ring and no longer think "I wish it was... bigger, cleaner, whiter..." Now I just enjoy!
1.gif
But I am still thinking a three-stone is in my future
11.gif
Really small sides, like .20s perhaps... but for now I am just enjoying my ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more pictures showing the amazing fire and life that this diamond has!

Also, which wedding band do you prefer -- 2mm or 3mm? The 2mm is a half round and the 3mm is a comfort fit half round, both from e-weddingbands.com.

Here is the 2mm...

bigJdd30.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
...and the 3mm.

bigJdd30b.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm again...

bigJdd31.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
... and 3mm.

bigJdd31b.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm...

bigJdd32.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
...3mm

bigJdd32b.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
I like the 3 mm band better... a little more matchy to the other ring.

But I love the new setting with your half eternity - I think they are really complimentary. Even though the sparkles aren''t identical between the big stone and the little stones, I hope you get used to it in a good way!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll be honest, I prefer the 3mm, but I''m not really loving either. Your ering band is flatter, like it has a lower dome, I think a 3mm with the same curvature would be perfect
30.gif

Could you have stock pipe cut filed, perhaps?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 12:56:13 AM
Author: yssie
I''ll be honest, I prefer the 3mm, but I''m not really loving either. Your ering band is flatter, like it has a lower dome, I think a 3mm with the same curvature would be perfect
30.gif

Yes, this is the problem. The profile is like a pipe cut but the edges are softened. I don''t see anything stock like that unfortunately, but maybe they can customize it for me at eweddingbands.com? I don''t want to spend a whole lot to have a CAD done or anything...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 12:01:57 AM
Author: cara
I like the 3 mm band better... a little more matchy to the other ring.

But I love the new setting with your half eternity - I think they are really complimentary. Even though the sparkles aren''t identical between the big stone and the little stones, I hope you get used to it in a good way!
I''ll work on it
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 1:00:59 AM

Date: 5/19/2010 12:56:13 AM
Author: yssie
I'll be honest, I prefer the 3mm, but I'm not really loving either. Your ering band is flatter, like it has a lower dome, I think a 3mm with the same curvature would be perfect
30.gif

Yes, this is the problem. The profile is like a pipe cut but the edges are softened. I don't see anything stock like that unfortunately, but maybe they can customize it for me at eweddingbands.com? I don't want to spend a whole lot to have a CAD done or anything...
Definitely won't hurt to ask
4.gif
if eweddingbands won't do it, you might inquire at weddingringhotline.com, they filed a band down for me when eweddingbands wouldn't - at no extra charge. Took about 3wks to ship though.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 3mm myself - just as is, actually.

btw - I would NEVER change this ring, but if you''re hankering for a 3-stone I''d put those EC''s back with you''re sapphire (now RHR) but that just MEEEEEEEEEEE.....

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 10:32:36 PM
Date: 5/14/2010 8:24:47 AM

Author: MayFlowers

I love that setting and I can''t wait to see handshots! My FF and I are looking at a J diamond as well and I''m curious to see what you think about the color compared to your G. I had always thought that I wouldn''t go lower than a G because I do love icy white diamonds. But looking at Jill_S''s ring and the many other beautiful J''s on here, I''m beginning to think I just might have to get one for myself. Plus, the extra 20-25 points it can get me for our budget helps push me towards a J too!
2.gif

Well May, after seeing this diamond I would tell you to give it a try if size is somthing that is important to you. But I would only buy a J from BGD or another company that is similarly selective in their diamond purchases, like WF or GOG. I can tell you in complete and total honesty, after having this diamond for three days and looking at it in all types of lighting, I love the color -- or lack thereof -- and would never buy anything else at this point! And seeing loose stones is just not the same thing as wearing the diamond around. So if you really want to give it a try, then I would suggest taking the leap of faith, knowing you ca nreturn the diamond if it does not float your boat! But I bet you won''t look back if you try it
2.gif

Sorry I didn''t reply yesterday, I couldn''t get any of the pages to load with all the updates going on. Anyways, I will be getting a diamond around 1 carat, depending on how much diamond prices rise. I would definitely only buy a J from one of the vendors you mentioned. Size is somewhat important to me, but budget is as well. I feel like a J diamond will really meet both those requirements well. I really love your setting as well. I like more substantial settings, that''s why I asked about the price. We will most likely be getting a temp setting and then maybe upgrading the setting. But, I could really see myself with your setting as my forever setting! It''s beautiful! I have always been attracted to cathedral settings that aren''t too thin or too thick. Your setting is simply perfect!
30.gif
Thanks for all your help, not only with this thread, but on the other forums as well!
36.gif

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
FINALLY I can comment. Dreamer I just love this look. I love the YOU love your new stone. I know it was a long thought out decision to go with a J. I had a feeling you''d like BGD''s J stones. It is simply dreamy. I love your description of "personality". Diamonds really do have a personality. I''ve enjoyed our photos, keep enjoying your upgrade

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
HI DD

Sorry for replying so late, I was having trouble during the upgrade on PS.

Just wanted to say how much I love your new diamond. The J is soooooo white! It also looks fantastic with your eternity band. I don''t see any issues with it at all. I hope you love this one for a long time!! Wear it in great health.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, I meant to add that I LOVE the look of your diamond wedding band with your new ering. They look gorgeous together. I am the most color-sensitive person I know when it comes to diamonds and I don''t see much if any difference. They really look gorgeous together! But of the two plain bands, I like the 3mm better.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Popping in again to admire your gorgeous ring!

If the 3mm was flatter, I would like it better so between the two, I like the 2mm. You could get a flat band and see if the edges could be rounded. My other cathedral was like that, rounded was too round, flat was too flat. The only band that really worked was a diamond band! Which by the way, my favorite of your options is the diamond band with your e-ring! Stunning!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 7:58:08 AM

Date: 5/16/2010 10:32:36 PM

Date: 5/14/2010 8:24:47 AM

I love that setting and I can''t wait to see handshots! My FF and I are looking at a J diamond as well and I''m curious to see what you think about the color compared to your G. I had always thought that I wouldn''t go lower than a G because I do love icy white diamonds. But looking at Jill_S''s ring and the many other beautiful J''s on here, I''m beginning to think I just might have to get one for myself. Plus, the extra 20-25 points it can get me for our budget helps push me towards a J too!
2.gif

Well May, after seeing this diamond I would tell you to give it a try if size is somthing that is important to you. But I would only buy a J from BGD or another company that is similarly selective in their diamond purchases, like WF or GOG. I can tell you in complete and total honesty, after having this diamond for three days and looking at it in all types of lighting, I love the color -- or lack thereof -- and would never buy anything else at this point! And seeing loose stones is just not the same thing as wearing the diamond around. So if you really want to give it a try, then I would suggest taking the leap of faith, knowing you ca nreturn the diamond if it does not float your boat! But I bet you won''t look back if you try it
2.gif

Sorry I didn''t reply yesterday, I couldn''t get any of the pages to load with all the updates going on. Anyways, I will be getting a diamond around 1 carat, depending on how much diamond prices rise. I would definitely only buy a J from one of the vendors you mentioned. Size is somewhat important to me, but budget is as well. I feel like a J diamond will really meet both those requirements well. I really love your setting as well. I like more substantial settings, that''s why I asked about the price. We will most likely be getting a temp setting and then maybe upgrading the setting. But, I could really see myself with your setting as my forever setting! It''s beautiful! I have always been attracted to cathedral settings that aren''t too thin or too thick. Your setting is simply perfect!
30.gif
Thanks for all your help, not only with this thread, but on the other forums as well!
36.gif
Aww, you are welcome, I love to help! And I also really love this setting. The only minor challenge is finding a plain wedding band that *perfectly* matches, but that is a small thing for an economical and attractive setting, in my opinion.

May, when the time comes, depending on your budget, you could also consider dropping to a .90ct and saving a tonne. The price hike at 1ct is really substantial. I would think that unless your budget will allow you to hit about 1.10ct with a J, then it might be more bang for your buck to stick with .90ct and go higher in color, perhaps to a G or even higher. I think the difference in visible size between .90 and 1ct is imperceptible, and only becomes noticable if you were to reach 1.10ct. So dropping color is only worth it IMO if you can get well over the 1ct mark! Otherwise I bet you would enjoy a .90ct higher color brighter stone just as much or more! I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results