shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s upgrade -- 1.66ct J VS1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigjdd20.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigjdd21.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
22. These next few were taken indoors with a window at my back. Look at the colors in the diamond!
30.gif

bigjdd22.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigjdd23a.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigjdd24.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous Dreamer!!!!! Enjoy it!! Hope you had a great weekend in Seattle!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
The ring sure sparkles. Enjoy your upgrade. I really enjoyed the pics.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl you were wondering about the setting, here are some shots. It is a substantial setting on the hand. I really like it, but I think Brian is not crazy about Unique settings in general because they are beefier. I would not say this ring is low, nor high. It is about medium.

bigjdd25.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigjdd26.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
27. You can't see it here, but in real life the culet is just visible below the cross bar.

bigjdd27.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, I love how I keep hitting refresh on your thread and a new pic pops up each time!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is a photo montage showing my upgrade path and the size difference on my size 6.25 hand.

DDsizecomparison3.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the setting! The profile is stunning.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer....your ring is fabulous and looks wonderful on your hand. It''s hard to believe it is a J colour as it is so incredibly white. What a stunning ring with such brilliance and fire.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jan can

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the diary of your rings. The conclusion is a beauty! Your persistence paid off royally.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gawd!!!!!!! - I LOVE it with the plain band too. How about one on each side??

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
All your pictures are great but I think I like the 1st one the best!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Dreamer that is just GORGEOUS!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, I
30.gif
this ring! The size simply looks wonderful for your hand! I''m a size 6.25, so I love looking at the different carat weights you had previously and how they look on your hand. I also love the whiteness of this diamond. It is simply amazing! Do you mind sharing how much the setting cost? I really like the profile and the general look of it! I hope that BGD does decide to make their own version of this setting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh she's back!!!

Hope you had a lovely weekend
1.gif
And... more pictures! Your new stone is truly scrumptuous
18.gif
and really, that 'temp' setting doesn't look at all temporary with your band or eternity - they're fantastic together dreamer! They all even match in thickness
3.gif

What really stands out, though, is that it sounds like you've truly reached a point where you're honestly, fully, completely happy with the size (and clarity!) - and that's SO wonderful, to be at peace with it!! Melodramatic, probably, but I must say I know exactly how those niggling "what if's" feel and I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that I'm in the same place in a week (and I reckon FI does, too
2.gif
)

Haha got to say you're a wee bit disillusioned if you're thinking it's not conspicuous
31.gif
it's a BIG ROCK! It looks like you wear it well though, and that's what matters.

And... glad to hear you're happy with the J colour! I know it was a compromise - now that you have it in hand, is it a forever colour for you? I don't really understand what you mean by steely - is your stone a "grey" J, then, instead of the usual yellow/brown? I remember BG found PQ a "blue" J some years ago.. your stone doesn't look the least bit warm/tinted/creamy in any of the pics, face-up or from the side. Will you continue to wear your eternity with the visual differences?

CONGRATS again!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It''s amazing! Looks stunning on you.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
The photo montage is great... it''s like your leetle stone drank it''s milk and grew up big and strong!

I think this new diamond really sits well proportionally on your finger. Good call with the upgrade. Making me excited for mine :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Beauuuuutiiiiiiful!

I love your new stone - it''s completely elegant.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful and looks really lovely on your hand. So glad to know that you are happy and satisfied with it!

Your persistence in finding the ''just right'' stone for you really paid off - enjoy!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, it is gorgeous!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

the setting is great, I actually love it!!! If it were me I''d be happy to have that as a "temp" setting for a good long time:)

I like that it''s a little more substantial than some, but not clunky.

The basket is so pretty and the claw prongs are great.

The diamond, well...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love it! n If it''s not your forever stone, let me know b/c I want it:) Seriously though, it''s gorgeous!!!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
DD - YEAH!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy for you! First off, that diamond is
30.gif
. You''re right, it is just the right size for your hand! Doesn''t it feel great to look down at your hand and be really happy with the diamond that is on your finger? I can''t explain it, but there really is something about finally getting to that "dream size". It just looks and feels right.

Secondly, I love the setting you chose. It''s a perfect match for your dream band, the prongs are delicious, and I like the thicker band vs. the legato setting. For a temp setting, it''s really a keeper. Are you still thinking that it''ll be a temp setting or are you planning to keep it for a while? And do you plan to frequently wear the dream band with it, or will you wear a plain band most of the time?

How are you adjusting to the size? Does it still seem freakishly big to you, or have your eyes adjusted? Do you really love the J color, or do you wish is was a G instead? And you are right, J is definitely not K. I think there is a reason why the color scale goes from near colorless to faint tint on the move from J to K. I can tell a distinct difference between the 2 color grades. I''m full of questions, but I want to know what you really think!

I have to say that I loved your photographic upgrade journey. Thanks for sharing that with us. I''m so happy for you!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:24:47 AM
Author: MayFlowers
I love that setting and I can''t wait to see handshots! My FF and I are looking at a J diamond as well and I''m curious to see what you think about the color compared to your G. I had always thought that I wouldn''t go lower than a G because I do love icy white diamonds. But looking at Jill_S''s ring and the many other beautiful J''s on here, I''m beginning to think I just might have to get one for myself. Plus, the extra 20-25 points it can get me for our budget helps push me towards a J too!
2.gif
Well May, after seeing this diamond I would tell you to give it a try if size is somthing that is important to you. But I would only buy a J from BGD or another company that is similarly selective in their diamond purchases, like WF or GOG. I can tell you in complete and total honesty, after having this diamond for three days and looking at it in all types of lighting, I love the color -- or lack thereof -- and would never buy anything else at this point! And seeing loose stones is just not the same thing as wearing the diamond around. So if you really want to give it a try, then I would suggest taking the leap of faith, knowing you ca nreturn the diamond if it does not float your boat! But I bet you won''t look back if you try it
2.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
DD Congrats!!! It looks great on you. The size is perfect. I''m just glad you didn''t have to wait 10 months
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 4:40:52 AM
Author: arjunajane
So pretty dreamer, and it does look proper big - congrats! I love the nail polish too
9.gif

Would you mind to share in the realm of what your semi-mount from BG cost (only if you don''t mind)..
I didn''t realize they offered stock settings like such, and would love to know more about it.

Cheers@
This setting is 18k and at the time was under $500, but with metal prices fluctuating etc I can''t say what the price will be when BGD offers the setting as a stock piece (if they even do... which they should
2.gif
). www.uniquesettings.com is a casting company that BGD can order from and they can make the rings in 14k or 18k. Seems to me that these settings are offered by a number of PS vendors and range from about $200 to about $500 depending on the style. Thep ictures on the casting cos website are a little poopy and you have to use your imagination, but I am *very* happy with this ring. And if you like slightly more chunky settings it is a good option, since that is the objection Brian has to the company -- the settings tend to be a little beefier. I like that on my hand, and I know you do too, so it could be a good option.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 9:10:05 AM
Author: gardengloves
It looks big and gorgeous Dreamer, thanks for the preview pictures and its especially nice with your diamond band, I just love the combo- is that an eternity?

You must be so thrilled. Congrats.
It is a half eternity with 5pt diamonds. It looks perfect with the solitaire, which was my goal with this new setting. I don''t think I will wear it every day, because the diamonds will damage the basket of the setting, but it is nice to have options.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results