shape
carat
color
clarity

Doesn''t it make you cringe to see such filthy diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. My mom''s. And I''ve offered to go get it cleaned for her and everything. But noooooo...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant stand to see dirty jewerly, it drives me crazy, I always whip out my ultra sonic everytime my family comes over cuz they dont keet the jewerly clean, last time i did this i was having a couple of drinks and somewhere along the way i lost one of my sisters diamond earrings
38.gif
thank goodness it was her big honking diamond earrings but still i felt really bad. Next time I will make sure I am drinking
5.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 6:59:33 AM
Author:beau13
Just wondering how many ladies (maybe even men) want to take diamond jewelry off of a person''s finger, to clean it and show them how a diamond is supposed to look? I have seen some HUGE diamonds that have NO sparkle or life to them whatsoever..I wonder if they actually are diamonds at times. Caked with white residue, gunk in between the prongs...it makes me crazy to see people wear their jewelry like that. I clean my diamonds EVER DAY, and often wonder when someone comments on how sparklie they are, if they''re thinking they must be fake (because they are so clean, and bright!). Does this make anyone else CRAZY? Should we hand out gemcare wipes or what? lol
YES!!!

Somebody understands me.
4.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I clean my mom''s jewelry whenever I see her.

DH and I were house-sitting for his dad and stepmom and stepmom left her soldered ering and bands behind (
33.gif
). I stressed for half a week about whether or not I should clean them without her permission... and I finally DID! Just a little soap and water and a plastic bristle brush to clean out the impacted gunk. it was disgusting!!! I didn''t tell her what I did and she never mentioned it
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 5:48:44 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I clean my mom''s jewelry whenever I see her.

DH and I were house-sitting for his dad and stepmom and stepmom left her soldered ering and bands behind (
33.gif
). I stressed for half a week about whether or not I should clean them without her permission... and I finally DID! Just a little soap and water and a plastic bristle brush to clean out the impacted gunk. it was disgusting!!! I didn''t tell her what I did and she never mentioned it
3.gif

Ohhh, sneaky. Rouge diamond cleaning. How cool is that?!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
YES!

A wonderful friend of mine has a channel set round wedding band. It was so dirty the diamonds were almost black! I hesistantly mentioned getting it cleaned last time we saw her (we were at the mall) and she said, "Oh, don''t worry, I''ll clean it with toothpaste whenever I get to it." Eeek, the poor thing needed an US and steaming STAT!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I soak my ring in cleaning solution almost every weekend, then rub it dry. It's amazing how much more sparkly it looks once it's cleaned.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 2:04:29 PM
Author: rob09
It drives me totally nuts. I have started carrying some car-cleaning wipes with me and randomly grab people''s hands to polish their stones. Don''t people recognize that this is a major distraction to others? Why affect MY quality of life??? And then having the nerve to tell me that there are more important things in life?? Hello!! Wise up! And stop shoving your dirty stones in my face, OK? Gosh.
Ummmmm... I REALLY hope you''re joking.

Remember that sarcasm doesn''t translate that well through text written to strangers
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to take my ultrasonic into my old office periodically and MAKE the worst offenders hand over their rings. They were always so AMAZED at how nice they looked when they got them back!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My mom and sister are the worst offenders. Sometimes it will be months between cleanings for my sis. And my mom only cleans her rings when she knows she will see me. Even after she *thinks* she has cleaned it it is filthy. I have to clean it anyway.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 9:46:39 AM
Author: Upgradable
Beau, I totally agree with you!! (just about shocked the pants off you, no?) I have a good friend who has this massive wedding ring with about a thousand small princess cuts all prong set, and the thing is disgusting! She is an immaculate woman, nails always done and clothing just so, but the garbage that is stuck in that ring makes me cringe!

I have some wonderful cleaning solution I got from Wink. It's called Gemcare. It is all plant based and safe for all types of metal and all types of stones (even pearls)! There is also a biodegradable pasted that takes tarnish off rings lickety-split. I didn't even know gold could tarnish, but this stuff polishes up my yellow gold and platinum like they'd just come back from a repolish. I highly recommend this stuff, especially over things that contain ammonia.

Upgradeable----- what is this magic paste called??? and where can I get my hands on some! it sounds great!

I insist on cleaning friends and families jewelry whenever i see them.... I make a little party out of it--- My friend's mom almost allways has cookie doh or baking smoosh in it
23.gif
my sonic gets so cloudy! lol Then I steam everything.
Secret is---- I look forward to cleaning a dirty ring...
31.gif
is that wierd??? maybe because the look on their face after is like
30.gif
---- makes me happy
36.gif

ok-slaps hand-- back to my Diy wedding prep! 3 days left! yikes!!!

My ring is super clean right now Btw
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The paste is also Gemcare. And Wink sends it all with a great jewelry cloth and even your very own jewelry toothbrush!

Gemcare Here''s the link. It lasts forever!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 6:59:33 AM
Author:beau13
Just wondering how many ladies (maybe even men) want to take diamond jewelry off of a person''s finger, to clean it and show them how a diamond is supposed to look? I have seen some HUGE diamonds that have NO sparkle or life to them whatsoever..I wonder if they actually are diamonds at times. Caked with white residue, gunk in between the prongs...it makes me crazy to see people wear their jewelry like that. I clean my diamonds EVER DAY, and often wonder when someone comments on how sparklie they are, if they''re thinking they must be fake (because they are so clean, and bright!). Does this make anyone else CRAZY? Should we hand out gemcare wipes or what? lol
it does make me crazy and ive been known to check rings for loose diamonds at the market at the check out line...what drives me crazy is seeing people with their rings on at the gas pump ,playing sports,or swimming pool or hot tub.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:05:05 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 9/16/2008 8:20:51 AM
Author: Harriet
I''m one of the culprits. I was browsing in an estate store and they asked thrice if they could clean my rings.

Harriet, Oh my goodness, with that beauty of yours, it needs to sparkle!!!
Uh oh? The owner came back with it and was bowled over. Kudos to WF!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:34:37 AM
Date: 9/16/2008 1:05:05 PM

Author: Linda W

Date: 9/16/2008 8:20:51 AM

I''m one of the culprits. I was browsing in an estate store and they asked thrice if they could clean my rings.

Harriet, Oh my goodness, with that beauty of yours, it needs to sparkle!!!
Uh oh? The owner came back with it and was bowled over. Kudos to WF!

I am sure it sparkled like a shining star!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s always dirty because of my Purell habit.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Eeeww! I, too, cannot STAND dirty rings.

I soak my jewelry in jewelry cleaner warmed in the microwave for a minute, then steam it with jewel jet, then spray dry with compressed air duster as I am convinced that it will have water spots (much like our cars!) if I don''t
9.gif
. At the office, in a pinch (when I accidentally get lotion on it for example), I spritz it quickly with either a little Windex, or that new Clorox "green" cleaning spray that is all plant based. Brings the sparkle right back.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 6:58:06 PM
Author: musey

It drives me totally nuts. I have started carrying some car-cleaning wipes with me and randomly grab people''s hands to polish their stones. Don''t people recognize that this is a major distraction to others? Why affect MY quality of life??? And then having the nerve to tell me that there are more important things in life?? Hello!! Wise up! And stop shoving your dirty stones in my face, OK? Gosh.

Ummmmm... I REALLY hope you''re joking.

Remember that sarcasm doesn''t translate that well through text written to strangers
2.gif

Well ... you got me there Musey. At the same time my post was not that far off from other ones ... actually fit in quite well!
14.gif
Hey, we all have out pet peeves.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 11:41:04 AM
Date: 9/16/2008 6:58:06 PM
Author: musey
It drives me totally nuts. I have started carrying some car-cleaning wipes with me and randomly grab people's hands to polish their stones. Don't people recognize that this is a major distraction to others? Why affect MY quality of life??? And then having the nerve to tell me that there are more important things in life?? Hello!! Wise up! And stop shoving your dirty stones in my face, OK? Gosh.
Ummmmm... I REALLY hope you're joking.

Remember that sarcasm doesn't translate that well through text written to strangers
2.gif
Well ... you got me there Musey. At the same time my post was not that far off from other ones ... actually fit in quite well!
14.gif
Hey, we all have out pet peeves.
If that were true, my jaw wouldn't have dropped when I read your post after all the others
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:45:04 AM
You too? Mine''s more of an addiction than a habit.
28.gif

Does your eternity band get gross? I have one and I don''t wear it that often because it gets so dirty with hand wipe residue, hand sanitizers, and lotion.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
BTW - is there a consensus on the best way to clean jewellry in general, or a recent thread addressing it??
Thanks!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:41:15 PM
BTW - is there a consensus on the best way to clean jewellry in general, or a recent thread addressing it??
Thanks!
We won''t tell you if you are going to make fun of it!
9.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:44:47 PM
Author: Miranda

Thanks!
9.gif

I beg for forgiveness - and I am doing it for my GF, because she really wants to clean her jewelry! I thought I may surprise her with something that would do the trick! How can you resist the request of such a thoughtful BF??? LOL

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:47:27 PM

Date: 9/17/2008 12:44:47 PM

Thanks!
9.gif

I beg for forgiveness - and I am doing it for my GF, because she really wants to clean her jewelry! I thought I may surprise her with something that would do the trick! How can you resist the request of such a thoughtful BF??? LOL
Hmmmm...Well, for your GF''s sake I will tell you...

Do a search a countless threads will come up. Try them all and find out what works for you. I think ultrasonics work the best, but, it is my understanding that they are not for pave. A quick clean up for me is a bit of dishsoap in warm water. Soak the jewelry and scrub with a baby toothbrush. Rinse and volia...Clean bling!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ... I will get some brownie points now!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dirty diamonds are gross!!!
14.gif
14.gif
I remember meeting Ellen and her diamond was amazing and I didn''t clean mine for 2 days and you can really see the difference.
30.gif
Ultrasonics rock!!!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 12:09:06 PM

Date: 9/17/2008 12:45:04 AM
You too? Mine''s more of an addiction than a habit.
28.gif

Does your eternity band get gross? I have one and I don''t wear it that often because it gets so dirty with hand wipe residue, hand sanitizers, and lotion.
Are we twins? I carry hand wipes too! I''m not sure how gross my w-band is. I''ll go check.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just went into Shreeve Crump and Lowe today to look at wedding bands and my ring is SO grody! I didn''t realize how bad it was but it looked like a frozen clump of spit under their lights. Usually it''s nice and sparkly.

This little puppy is going to visit the US pool tonight!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 1:45:41 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I just went into Shreeve Crump and Lowe today to look at wedding bands and my ring is SO grody! I didn''t realize how bad it was but it looked like a frozen clump of spit under their lights. Usually it''s nice and sparkly.

This little puppy is going to visit the US pool tonight!
36.gif
36.gif

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Most of the time, I notice a person''s teeth more sparkly than the "health" of their ring.
41.gif
Yikes, I clean only twice a week, unfortunately the sparkles doesn''t last, I have very dry hand, tend to moisturize now and then during the day and it gets on the ring.

ps. how far do you live from my house?
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results