shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think dogs are more respected than cats and why?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lottie|1333998303|3166746 said:
and to be honest it was my idea of hell.
That pretty much sums it up for me. :lol:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I'm a little late to the party here. I am not at all a dog person, and I have noticed this and it bothers me a bit. We got a cat a few months ago and he really is wonderful, he's sweet and affectionate, a total lap cat who loves to give headbutts and is always wherever we are. When we got him only our friends who already had cats even cared. Yet another friend who got a puppy got a TON of attention and is constantly asked for pictures.

Maybe I'm just sad because I have the greatest cat in the world and I want to show him off too :razz:

But seriously, I think it's because people feel like they can have a relationship with their dog more than they can with a cat though I don't believe that's true. Dogs are eager to please, but that doesn't mean that a relationship with a dog is any more important or real than a relationship with a cat. Sherlock is our little buddy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What it pretty much boils down to, is there are two kinds of people in the world. Dog lovers and Cat lovers. We are dog lovers. Yes, our Mazie is a character and always makes us laugh. She is smart as a whip, as were are other three that have passed away.

The arguing will always continue, what is best...a dog or cat. For me it will always be a dog. :cheeky: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrswahs|1334016393|3166991 said:
I'm a little late to the party here. I am not at all a dog person, and I have noticed this and it bothers me a bit. We got a cat a few months ago and he really is wonderful, he's sweet and affectionate, a total lap cat who loves to give headbutts and is always wherever we are. When we got him only our friends who already had cats even cared. Yet another friend who got a puppy got a TON of attention and is constantly asked for pictures.

Maybe I'm just sad because I have the greatest cat in the world and I want to show him off too :razz:

But seriously, I think it's because people feel like they can have a relationship with their dog more than they can with a cat though I don't believe that's true. Dogs are eager to please, but that doesn't mean that a relationship with a dog is any more important or real than a relationship with a cat. Sherlock is our little buddy.

Headbutts are the best!! :love: :love: My one girl kitty always headbutts me too. She also will knead in my lap for hours.

Yes, cats can be affectionate and loving!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrswahs|1334016393|3166991 said:

Well sweetie, we want pics of the best cat in the world, so if you can please show off your baby Sherlock here we'd love to gush over him with you.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Try a Siamese... they stick to you like glue in case you might be doing - or more importantly eating - something exciting. Ours would sulk for hours if we were out all day - backs would be turned and filthy looks given when you got back home. I had lopsided shoulders for years due to one of ours who insisted on lying round your neck whenever possible - didn't matter if you were washing-up, watching TV or just walking around, he was there. He did move if you tried to read a newspaper... to on top of the bit you wanted to read so you had to look at him instead.

I think in many cases it is as simple as whether you're a dog or cat person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results