shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
link to other thread, please! :bigsmile:

i fear your hubby doesn't understand the monkey about to attach itself to your back: high carat gold!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1342550815|3235591 said:
link to other thread, please! :bigsmile:

i fear your hubby doesn't understand the monkey about to attach itself to your back: high carat gold!

MZ, it's my OEC three stone thread, but looking at it, I think I pretty much said as much on this thread what I'm planning.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-european-cut-three-stone-ring-by-23rd-street-jewelers.175582/page-8']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-european-cut-three-stone-ring-by-23rd-street-jewelers.175582/page-8[/URL]

I've loved your set for ages. It's just that everything I own is white and I never thought yellow gold looked good on me. However, I can definitely see me investing in some gorgeous YG pieces in the future. :love:

Earrings are a nice way to test to see if I will wear it and like it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342542459|3235487 said:
i like the 20k gold with your skin tone.

As do I!!! I had no idea you've been lurking here! I am so glad you finally spoke up. That's great gold you have there. More!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1342551391|3235599 said:
movie zombie|1342542459|3235487 said:
i like the 20k gold with your skin tone.

As do I!!! I had no idea you've been lurking here! I am so glad you finally spoke up. That's great gold you have there. More!!!

Deb/AGBF

I definitely lurk on this thread...I just love the look! But I had nothing to contribute. ::)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, the higher the karat, the more golden and buttery [real homemade butter]; the lower the karat the more yellow.

20k really does have a different look, especially when it is textured. i think it is a much richer look against your skin....warmer as well. can't wait to see the earrings!

i'm not much into sets so i would encourage you to keep on exploring bands/rings in high karat gold even if you don't end up liking the earrings.

congrats!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1342565734|3235723 said:
TGal, the higher the karat, the more golden and buttery [real homemade butter]; the lower the karat the more yellow.

20k really does have a different look, especially when it is textured. i think it is a much richer look against your skin....warmer as well. can't wait to see the earrings!

i'm not much into sets so i would encourage you to keep on exploring bands/rings in high karat gold even if you don't end up liking the earrings.

congrats!

MZ, I have a 24K pendant that I HATE on me (it was one of those things you get in asian cultures on your first birthday). It's just TOO yellow. Or golden, or whatever. This 20K is is warmer, even reminds me of some of the red gold I've seen on this thread.

But yeah...I don't think I need a new love. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1342584330|3235900 said:
MZ, I have a 24K pendant that I HATE on me (it was one of those things you get in asian cultures on your first birthday). It's just TOO yellow. Or golden, or whatever. This 20K is is warmer, even reminds me of some of the red gold I've seen on this thread.

But yeah...I don't think I need a new love. :lol:

Well...I don't think you can be sanctioned for saying that you hate a 24K piece "on (you)", but if you had not worded that sentence carefully, sanctions would have been put in place, T-Gal. What's said about gold on the gold thread, is monitored by readers of the gold thread.

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="AGBF|1342605274|3235979[/quote]

Well...I don't think you can be sanctioned for saying that you hate a 24K piece "on (you)", but if you had not worded that sentence carefully, sanctions would have been put in place, T-Gal. What's said about gold on the gold thread, is monitored by readers of the gold thread.

Deb
:saint:[/quote]

LOL! but so true: high karat gold, especially 24k gold, is the holy grail here.

18k barely makes the grade and 14k is costume jewelry. there i said it. only here in this thread can i be absolutely honest re gold. :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342626927|3236097 said:
[quote="AGBF|1342605274|3235979

Deb
:saint:[/quote]

LOL! but so true: high karat gold, especially 24k gold, is the holy grail here.

18k barely makes the grade and 14k is costume jewelry. there i said it. only here in this thread can i be absolutely honest re gold. :D[/quote]

HA! So my soon to arrive Cartier band will just squeek by..... :bigsmile: Whew!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, well, I think it looks bad on me, but here it is below. Maybe it's the chain I hate...and the chain I have no idea what it really is (plated, real, what level gold if real, etc.) I think the pendant is 24K but I can't say that with any certainty either, except that it was a set with a matching gold ring (long gone) which was completely malleable. I might like it with a better chain.

It is a sentimental piece since I've had it in a jewelry box ever since I can remember. Obviously my earliest piece.

babygold.jpg

babygold2.jpg

babygold3.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, ok, so stone me......but i like yellow gold [new ring AND pendant] on you better than your white metal. :(sad

i know i'm not making friends today and i'm certainly not needing any more enemies but i do tell the truth as seen by my eyes. :lol:

i like the pendant on you. perhaps you need a shorter chain for you to like it better?

i'm sure there is a gold buyer somewhere near you that would be glad to tell you if your pendant and/or chain are "real" or plated. why not find out? just don't sell!

high karat gold is a very very elegant look on you, dear T-Gal.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1342638983|3236225 said:
HA! So my soon to arrive Cartier band will just squeek by..... :bigsmile: Whew!

cheers--Sharon

so you did get that one in the pre-owned forum! good for you!

i will admit lusting for a Cartier 4mm 18k wedding band.......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1342654118|3236362 said:
LOL, well, I think it looks bad on me, but here it is below. Maybe it's the chain I hate...and the chain I have no idea what it really is (plated, real, what level gold if real, etc.) I think the pendant is 24K but I can't say that with any certainty either, except that it was a set with a matching gold ring (long gone) which was completely malleable. I might like it with a better chain.

It is a sentimental piece since I've had it in a jewelry box ever since I can remember. Obviously my earliest piece.

I love it! It certainly looks like real gold to me, and who would dare to give a baby in an Asian family anything but high karat gold (if he gave gold at all)? I can see someone giving the baby a Tiffany sterling cup or spoon or a baby blanket, but never a piece of 14K or 18K gold! It would be a crime!!!

Seriously, the 24K gold looks fabulous on you. (I think it looks good on me, too, and I have a totally different skin tone. But what works, works!)

Deb/AGBF
:read:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Uhhh, that necklace/pendant is adorable TG!

Change the chain if ti doesn't suit you--but the pendant is a keeper (and wearer!!!).

MZ--yes I did but those pieces--just waiting on them now!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL gals, thanks!

I've always liked the pendant in terms of the look, only because it is something I grew up with. In fact, I wore it out last night. However when I left the restaurant, my finger got caught in the chain and gave it a firm tug down. The chain snapped and my pendant flew off!

So whatever the chain is, it's weak! :nono: Maybe this was the universe telling me it looks crap on me. :lol:

Wonder if I should put it on a silk cord of something. Hm.

Sharon, look forward to pics of your new ring!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, it was the universe telling you to get a shorter chain and/or buy a shorter silk cord! :saint:
shorter but not short.......

and, if you decide to stone me, please use color stones or champagne diamonds! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1342713706|3236629 said:
no, it was the universe telling you to get a shorter chain and/or buy a shorter silk cord! :saint:

and, if you decide to stone me, please use color stones or champagne diamonds! :lol:
(yes none of that fools gold--aka 14K!!!!) :bigsmile:

This, continues to be my favorite thread!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1342713706|3236629 said:

OK, I'm thinking of trying one. I found this site:

http://mystcords.com/SilkCordColors

I think the thinnest one would work for what I am planning to try. Anyone have a color preference? I'm thinking red, navy (or royal) blue, or possibly one of the browns?

Or if anyone else has a place they think is better for quality cords...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, when did you become so conservative?! :-o

you buy one of each of the colors you mentioned so you can change the look as your mood and fancy strike you! :cheeky:

oh, and please add olive green: it would look fab with your pendant. :appl:

might i also recommend getting some different lengths so you can change the look not only as the mood and fancy strike you but as your neckline changes with whatever top you're wearing? :devil:

live a little, woman! live dangerously! these are silk cords, not diamonds or tsav garnets! :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, no I meant to start! If I like the look, I will buy lots of colors. But I only want to buy one for now so I am wondering which might be the best basic color to work with at first. ::)

And I did think about that olive too.... ;))

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I like your gold pendant TravelingGal!

Arkteia's bracelet on page 40 is amazing! :love:

Chrono's collection on page 35 is delicious as well! :lickout:

I don't have a favorite gold designer and I'm not really a fan of high karat gold on my skin tone, but I really like intricate metalwork (carvings, molds, you name it!) in high karat gold jewelry. I just uploaded pictures of my locket to another thread, so I'll post them here too.

Front
smallp1010088.jpg

Back
smallp1010089.jpg

Open
smallp1010093.jpg

Purchased it in Bangkok from a Thai jeweler 11 years ago, so it looks a bit beat up from wear. :lol: 23k gold roughly 29x26x13mm.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1342734210|3236824 said:
I think the thinnest one would work for what I am planning to try. Anyone have a color preference? I'm thinking red, navy (or royal) blue, or possibly one of the browns?

T-Gal-

I'd go with the royal blue or the navy blue based on a recent experience I had. I was wearing one of the staple garments in my wardrobe into a jewelry store (Desires by Mikolay) and trying on long, high karat gold chains. (My garment is a navy blue slk shirt.) The high karat gold looked absolutely spectacular against it. Based on that, I know how wonderful the 24K pendant will look with the blue! I'd get that one first!

Deb
:wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thbmok, i LOVE your pendant! :love:

T-Gal, deb's suggestion re a rich blue is a good place to start.......

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I was leaning toward the blue as well. I will post when I get it!

thbmok, that is LOVELY! I love the detailing on that.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tgal--you look great in gold. I love the pendant on the long chain. You might want to consider a nice long gold chain (with a classic link) at some point--they really come in handy!

thbmok--lovely locket!!

I should photograph my little pot of gold. My pics are scattered in several threads. Here are a couple older pics...I love to mix textures and finishes.

IMG_3801-ps.jpg

polished-bezel.jpg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I saw the detailing on the back of the piece and I had to bring it home! :lickout: Thai goldsmiths must have the patience of saints, some of the detailing on more elaborate pieces are even more incredible.

coatimundi, that is such a luscious combo!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
coatimundi|1342811283|3237358 said:
Tgal--you look great in gold. I love the pendant on the long chain. You might want to consider a nice long gold chain (with a classic link) at some point--they really come in handy!

thbmok--lovely pendant!

I should photograph my little pot of gold. My pics are scattered in several threads. Here are a couple older pics...I love to mix textures and finishes.

IMG_3801-ps.jpg

polished-bezel.jpg

Coati, :love: :love: :love:

What karat gold is yours? Also, do you have a handshot of that three stone ring? I don't think I've ever seen a hand shot.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thbmok|1342779717|3237101 said:
I like your gold pendant TravelingGal!

Arkteia's bracelet on page 40 is amazing! :love:

Chrono's collection on page 35 is delicious as well! :lickout:

I don't have a favorite gold designer and I'm not really a fan of high karat gold on my skin tone, but I really like intricate metalwork (carvings, molds, you name it!) in high karat gold jewelry. I just uploaded pictures of my locket to another thread, so I'll post them here too.

Front
smallp1010088.jpg

Back
smallp1010089.jpg

Open
smallp1010093.jpg

Purchased it in Bangkok from a Thai jeweler 11 years ago, so it looks a bit beat up from wear. :lol: 23k gold roughly 29x26x13mm.

I love lockets--and 24K lockets even more! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
thbmok|1342812651|3237373 said:
Yes, I saw the detailing on the back of the piece and I had to bring it home! :lickout: Thai goldsmiths must have the patience of saints, some of the detailing on more elaborate pieces are even more incredible.

coatimundi, that is such a luscious combo!

I would love to see a neck shot! It's gorgeous. I adore gold lockets. (and thanks!)

TGal--the wider band is 24k gold by Yossi Harari. The slimmer bands are 24k as well. The bezel diamond rings are 18k. I'll try to drum up a hand shot or take a new one! It's a fun ring to stack.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tgal--here's a hand shot of the 3 stone and a shot of the 24k bands with a platinum diamond eternity (just messing around). The 3 stone is so simple and comfortable--a great everyday ring!

img_5675111.jpg
img_56911.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results