carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1338736783|3208291 said:
Aw Sharon you must come back to Paris again some day. I love that city and it's only a quick train ride away for me. Last time I stayed at the Ritz, which was a wonderful experience in itself.

Rosetta: We were in the Ritz---to look. What sumptous (sp) surroundings! Looked like MY kinda place!!! :bigsmile: Loved the area--could have spend days just wandering those streets and it was an easy metro ride from the Marais where we were staying (apartment)..... Paris will be a destination I will return to!

cheers--Sharon

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Anyhoo....

what i meant to do is post a few photos of some of my gold jewellery (i may have posted some of this already!)

i acquired these pieces as wedding gifts

first up is an ame and yellow gold bangle, gift from my parents

smamebangle.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
next up is a set of 6 heavy 21k yellow gold bangles, from my in laws

smgoldb.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
6 white and yellow gold bangles from my parents

smiphone 294.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
amethyst, white gold, yellow gold, diamonds in this wide, hinged bangle (courtesy of parents)

smwidebangle.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
yellow gold and diamond bangles, an engagement present from in laws

i'm not sure of the tcw but each diamond is about 4mm wide. sparkly!

smbangles.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
last but not least, the yellow gold, diamond and ruby set from my parents.

this isn't my usual crappy photo, but taken by a pro photographer.

smrubies.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i wont add the purely white gold pieces, and there are a lot of yellow gold pieces i don't have photos of at all.

i'll try to get a photo of the yellow gold and rose cut bangle that my husband gave me as a wedding present though. it deserves a post.

that's all for now, thanks for looking! :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! thanks for posting pictures.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rosetta--officially I am jealous! Unoffically I am jealous! :bigsmile:

In all seriousness--wear your jewels in health. They are magnificient!

cheers--Sharon

minigirl

Rough_Rock
i wabt to have one, not yet. all of you are some appealling.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies!

got two more....

18k gold, diamonds and pearl earrings. I bought this as a present with the money we received as wedding gifts.

it's a lot lovelier in real life, my pics are so bad! :knockout:

smpearls.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
and finally

the 21k yellow gold, rosecut diamond and enamel bangles that were my husband's wedding gift to yours truly

i can't tell you how sumptuous these look in real life. they are my first rose cut diamonds too. very special to me.

:wavey:

smrosecut.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta...these are AMAZING! :love: I don't think I have seen such a collection of bangles in my entire life! Do you wear bangles daily? I hope so because it would take about a month to wear each one once! :appl: Goodness, I love this custom. We need to adopt it!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1340158527|3219849 said:

Thanks for the links DS!!! (not sure if I should thank an enabler!!! hhheeheeeee)

ETA: PLEASE share your experience dealing with this company--I am seriously interestd in a few items... :bigsmile: BTW, do you know of they have an off ebay website/presence?

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, you are my enabler because you have inspired me to hunt for high end or designer pieces that I'd never pay the full retail price to buy! :bigsmile: I have a piece coming from them tomorrow (Friday), so I will report back on my experience! I am not sure whether the size of the piece will suit me, but I am very hopeful not to have to return. So I will let you know how it goes. I do not know of them having another website at this point.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:bigsmile: DS--I see all of the Gurhan on the ebay link is gone--listing expired....hope they relist! (unless it ALL sold...)

Look forward to the review of your piece and dealing with that company.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed that, too, Sharon! I am watching to see if they relist! I'd really like to talk to you off the forum, but I was unable to renew my DB listing because they are changing servers. If you want to go to the trouble, Dreamer has a listing for the BGD Aurora ring on DB under rings. She can connect us if you'd like.

My item came today and it is absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition! I have decided not to post it here and I'll explain if you are able to contact me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1340414598|3222166 said:
I noticed that, too, Sharon! I am watching to see if they relist! I'd really like to talk to you off the forum, but I was unable to renew my DB listing because they are changing servers. If you want to go to the trouble, Dreamer has a listing for the BGD Aurora ring on DB under rings. She can connect us if you'd like.

My item came today and it is absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition! I have decided not to post it here and I'll explain if you are able to contact me!

DS:

I have emailed the mods here to request they provide my email to you......might be easier than via DB via Dreamer....

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1340417767|3222215 said:
diamondseeker2006|1340414598|3222166 said:

DS:

I have emailed the mods here to request they provide my email to you......might be easier than via DB via Dreamer....

cheers--Sharon

Sounds good! I didn't know if they would do that or not. We'll try that first! Thanks!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sixbillionstars|1338426185|3206478 said:
I finally made it to Twist to check out Reinstein & Ross bands- wow, their apricot and peach (very similar irl) gold were gorgeous. I have an 18k Victorian era ring that is very similar to that alloy.

I also saw this ring there: http://www.twistonline.com/designers-darlene-de-sedle-rings/diamond-ring-d-117064/_/searchString/darlene
......and the gold was amazingly rich and so full of depth.

I love that Darlene de Sedle ring--so gorgeous. I love her serpent rings and candy-cabochon earrings.

https://store.brokenenglishjewelry.com/store.php?DARLENE_DESEDLE-pg1-cid51.html

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rosetta|1339010333|3210599 said:
and finally

the 21k yellow gold, rosecut diamond and enamel bangles that were my husband's wedding gift to yours truly

i can't tell you how sumptuous these look in real life. they are my first rose cut diamonds too. very special to me.

:wavey:

Oh rosetta--I adore these bangles. Your collection is incredible--so diverse! Such a treat to see pics--thanks for sharing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am getting my first gold piece. My SA at 23rd street convinced me, based on this one band. It's 20K, and I love the color and texture, and I am getting some earrings made in this same alloy. I will post them when they are done, but I thought I'd post this pic for the gold lovers (and since I've been lurking on this thread for years, but never posted because I wasn't sure I'd ever step foot into the gold arena...)

Please excuse my very swollen fingers! :knockout:

2012-07-11_13.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1342414153|3234625 said:
Well, I am getting my first gold piece. My SA at 23rd street convinced me, based on this one band. It's 20K, and I love the color and texture, and I am getting some earrings made in this same alloy. I will post them when they are done, but I thought I'd post this pic for the gold lovers (and since I've been lurking on this thread for years, but never posted because I wasn't sure I'd ever step foot into the gold arena...)

Please excuse my very swollen fingers! :knockout:

Is this a wedding band option for you? What kind of earrings??

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the 20k gold with your skin tone.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MZ!

Sharon, no, it's not a WB option for me, though I love it. My very patina'd simple platinum band is all the wedding band I will ever have. TGuy is very good at humoring my love for jewelry, but wearing a "different" wedding band is not an option. In fact, this one never leaves my finger.

I put more info in my SMTB thread (the one with the 3 stone) about the earrings, but basically I am resetting some studs that I own into leverback dangles. The dangle design will be in this 20K gold. I'll post them here too when they are done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results