Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
would love some high carat gold ****!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1334418778|3170907 said:
P.S. Any other new pieces out there in PSLand folks want to share? We loves our GOLD!

and MZ wrote:

"would love some high carat gold ****!"

This is not my usual! I usually buy yellow gold (as all Gold Thread followers know). However, at Desires by Mikolay I found a handmade ring by Scott Mikolay in 18K white gold. He is no longer making these larger size rings-the ones he he made by hand-although he still makes rings in this (the Aragon) collection. (And they are available in 18K rose, yellow, and white gold.) My best friend got the last large yellow gold one...but it was far too big for me. Even this one I have to wear on the index finger of my right hand in order to wear it at all!

This is not my own photo of the ring, but I will try to take some photos of my own since Sharon and MZ need a gold fix so badly!!!

Deb
:saint:

AragonCollectionRing18KWG.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1334636788|3173044 said:
canuk-gal|1334418778|3170907 said:
P.S. Any other new pieces out there in PSLand folks want to share? We loves our GOLD!

and MZ wrote:

"would love some high carat gold ****!"

This is not my usual! I usually buy yellow gold (as all Gold Thread followers know). However, at Desires by Mikolay I found a handmade ring by Scott Mikolay in 18K white gold. He is no longer making these larger size rings-the ones he he made by hand-although he still makes rings in this (the Aragon) collection. (And they are available in 18K rose, yellow, and white gold.) My best friend got the last large yellow gold one...but it was far too big for me. Even this one I have to wear on the index finger of my right hand in order to wear it at all!

This is not my own photo of the ring, but I will try to take some photos of my own since Sharon and MZ need a gold fix so badly!!!

Deb

But this dreamboat would be perfect on an index finger! :love:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1334677563|3173272 said:
canuk-gal|1334675728|3173249 said:
Oh Deb...I just thought of this yellow gold ring...saw it on First Dibs the other day while perusing for T & C jewellery....

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=55002

It's just stunning, Sharon! And it's smaller than the one I bought, too! It's too bad I'm out of money and fingers!

Deb

Deb, you are halir as usual...then it is left for me? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that white gold ring is to die for.......and i love the stacking 18k gold rings, too.

something very "old world" about both.

sonudagr88

Rough_Rock
These are 24K gold over platinum stacking rings worn by Kate Hudson in a recent movie. Gurhan's website says that the actress also wears his jewelry off-screen. I absolutely love these but wonder if they are too soft for safety. (I always think, "earrings" when I think of high karat gold because it *is* soft). Does anyone know what happens when one puts 24 karat gold over platinum? (Besides spending money, that is!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonudagr88|1334919007|3175993 said:
These are 24K gold over platinum stacking rings worn by Kate Hudson in a recent movie. Gurhan's website says that the actress also wears his jewelry off-screen. I absolutely love these but wonder if they are too soft for safety. (I always think, "earrings" when I think of high karat gold because it *is* soft). Does anyone know what happens when one puts 24 karat gold over platinum? (Besides spending money, that is!)

You said, "these are", but provided no link! I thought we were going to be transported to a site where we would see the the platinum coated with 24K gold rings! I assume that what happens is that the 24K gold gets a little strength without losing its "jewelry value" (so to speak). I mean, if one used stainless steel under the 24K gold the stacking rings wouldn't appear as glitzy! I happen to have owned a Gurhan bangle that was, inside, not gold. It was far too large for me, sent to me by mistake, and I was glad not to have kept a Gurhan bangle at all. I don't need "surprise" fillings! I think all of my Gurhan rings are solid 24K gold.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sonudagr88|1334919007|3175993 said:

This is probably a thin ring of platinum inside a a 24k gold ring, not plating. The platinum provides structural integrity and the 24k gold is, well, 24k gold :love: I have made similar rings with 14k gold and 24k gold.

CandyLovesLuxe

Rough_Rock
OP,I am so glad you started this thread, and thanks to everyone who has contributed. I am 100% a YG person, (it looks better with my skin tone), and especially since yellow gold seems to have been out the last few years, it can be harder to find beautiful YG pieces. Thanks for broadening my selection ten-fold. I have so many new faves now. :appl:

CandyLovesLuxe

Rough_Rock
So beautiful!!! :love: Hoping you can post pics so I can live vicariously for now.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's definitely "old world", sharon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1335539910|3182197 said:

MZ--I am having a difficult time not blowing heaps on those pieces! step away from computer...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Beth_Chloefan

Rough_Rock
I personally love Canturi. I have a few of their pieces. I have their Metropolis rivot ring and a few of their Island Luxe earrings. I have always been a white gold fan but Ive seen their yellow gold pieces and they are super divine...Im actually converting to yellow gold now.

Apart from them for more affordable pieces I go with Tory Burch, Karen Walker...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1335545760|3182272 said:

MZ--I am having a difficult time not blowing heaps on those pieces! step away from computer...... :bigsmile:

I bought a ring on impulse while in New Jersey. (I posted the story on Rocky Talky in a thread about a specific diamond jewelry chain.) I just sent it back yesterday via UPS because the the local store in Connecticut was incredibly disobliging about taking the return. (And I mean incredibly!)

I really liked the ring a lot-it was 18K rose gold set with pavé diamonds and designed by someone called Peter Lam. As soon as I saw it on my finger I knew I "had" to have it. But once I got home, I realized that much as I loved it-and I did love it-I didn't need it.

And I do need to have some money!!! I am posting some photos I took of the ring, though.

Deb/AGBF

DSC00046.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1337344693|3198303 said:
canuk-gal|1335545760|3182272 said:

I bought a ring on impulse while in New Jersey. (I posted the story on Rocky Talky in a thread about a specific diamond jewelry chain.) I just sent it back yesterday via UPS because the the local store in Connecticut was incredibly disobliging about taking the return. (And I mean incredibly!)

I really liked the ring a lot-it was 18K rose gold set with pavé diamonds and designed by someone called Peter Lam. As soon as I saw it on my finger I knew I "had" to have it. But once I got home, I realized that much as I loved it-and I did love it-I didn't need it.

And I do need to have some money!!! I am posting some photos I took of the ring, though.

Deb/AGBF

HI DEB:

Sorry the customer service was less than helpful and civil. Best to keep the stuff we really want.

chhers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Can't stop long folks....but just a tidbit...my DH bought me the Cartier Trinity, 18K white gold, and black ceramic ring here in Paris. (2mm bands I think...)

I LOVE IT! The service here is as beautiful as the ring. The packaging alone is gorgeous!!!!!!!! :love:

What a darling husband! I LOVE PARIS!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you're in the City of Lights! of course the service is fantastic! everything is fantastic in the city of lights with a darling husband who is treating you like the Light of His Life!

pictures needed and soon, please!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1337346487|3198324 said:
Can't stop long folks....but just a tidbit...my DH bought me the Cartier Trinity, 18K white gold, and black ceramic ring here in Paris. (2mm bands I think...)

I LOVE IT! The service here is as beautiful as the ring. The packaging alone is gorgeous!!!!!!!! :love:

I will look for a photo, Sharon. Is the third color yellow gold? Congratulations!

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you take the ring back, Deb? it really does [did?] look great on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1337389737|3198832 said:
canuk-gal|1337346487|3198324 said:

I will look for a photo, Sharon. Is the third color yellow gold? Congratulations!

Deb

HI Deb:

I cannot post the link but it is all white gold and one black ceraminc ring.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1337583036|3200106 said:
I cannot post the link but it is all white gold and one black ceraminc ring.

I looked at a lot of them, Sharon, after you posted. On-line, I mean. I believe I saw two styles (although the bands came in varying widths) with two white gold to one black ceramic. Does one of your bands have pavé diamonds? I love the Trinity rings! wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deb

PS-My mother had a non-Cartier tri-color rolling ring that she got to replace her wedding band when she lost it. I don't know where it went!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1337435168|3199090 said:
did you take the ring back, Deb? it really does [did?] look great on you!

Thank you for the compliment, MZ. I did send it back. I really like some of the realistic postings about money on Pricescope that remind us not to throw it away. All of us who post here love gems, but most of us are not wealthy people. Those of us who have to save money for a piece of jewelry shouldn't buy everything we see. At least I know I shouldn't and cannot. I remember a posting by Black Jade on the subject that hit home, but many, many other posters have touched me with their wisdom over the years. Dare I hope that some of it is finally sinking in?

Hugs to you, friend!
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sixbillionstars|1338426185|3206478 said:
I finally made it to Twist to check out Reinstein & Ross bands- wow, their apricot and peach (very similar irl) gold were gorgeous. I have an 18k Victorian era ring that is very similar to that alloy.

I also saw this ring there: http://www.twistonline.com/designers-darlene-de-sedle-rings/diamond-ring-d-117064/_/searchString/darlene
......and the gold was amazingly rich and so full of depth.

Hi, sixbillionstars! The ring pictured is absolutely gorgeous and I really envy you being able to see the Reinstein & Ross peach and apricot golds in person!!! I mean, I would love to see them!

Link below:

http://reinsteinross.com/sub_page.php?id=23&sid=4&aid=

Deb/AGBF

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Hi Deb!

The peach and apricot golds look different from each other in photos but IRL, I was surprised to see they are very similar- apricot was a tad more orange but it was very hard to tell them apart- even the SA had trouble figuring which was which. The etoile like band with rubies was BEAUTIFUL. They also had a diamond and sapphire version. I wish they had an emerald version bc I think the green would look the best in YG.

I also got the check out some 22k rings from Cathy Waterman- so very detailed and the gold just highlights the boho/eclectic designs even more.

This blackened eternity band was was one of my favorites: the diamonds popped against the black and the YG made it look more gothic vintage.

wat-r1427k.1.detail.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1337354337|3198418 said:
you're in the City of Lights! of course the service is fantastic! everything is fantastic in the city of lights with a darling husband who is treating you like the Light of His Life!

pictures needed and soon, please!

MZ--what a nice comment! Thank you!

Alas I have no pictures, but have been enjoying my ring since all my other stuff is at the bank. How odd to have NO diamonds for a month! :bigsmile:

BTW, I loved Paris so much--I believe I had a tear upon leaving.....

cheers--Sharon

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Aw Sharon you must come back to Paris again some day. I love that city and it's only a quick train ride away for me. Last time I stayed at the Ritz, which was a wonderful experience in itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results